• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subaru Natsuki VS Sabrina Spellman

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
A battle for the 3rd spot in the 10-A strongest non-smurf list.

Natsuki Subaru, the Spirit Knight of Emilia (With Beatrice) VS Sabrina Spellman, the Teenage Witch

g0d18XG.png
hkpTpnr.png

Speed Equalized • SBA

Subaru:
Sabrina:

So I think Subaru wins.

He can use Beatrice to do things like Shamak, which has multiple instant win abilities like black hole, BFR, emotion manipulation and sense manipulation, etc. They also have danmaku transmutation crystals and time stop.

They can also prevent anything from hitting them with EMT.

Subaru's first move is typically Shamak or El Shamak to render opponent's unable to fight, and Minya or El Minya in order to finish the job.

I think his most useful ability here is EMT for powernulling magic.

Wouldn't he just instantly become a pineapple? As that isn't death Return by Death wouldn't activate either.

Wouldn't he just instantly become a pineapple? As that isn't death Return by Death wouldn't activate either.
Pineapple transmutation thing has a projectile that can be blocked via EMT. She also isn't as fast as Beatrice.

Pineapple transmutation thing has a projectile that can be blocked via EMT. She also isn't as fast as Beatrice.
No, it in general doesn't? Pretty sure it usually it just transforms things that are pointed at, but I would need to check to be sure.
They also don't have the prior knowledge to activate EMT right away. EMT is also not strong enough to block Sabrina's magic and given the tendency for it to work beyond time and space, I doubt the sidestepping the plane of existence necessarily works. And isn't it that they can't attack during EMT?
And would Sabrina have her vacuum here to be able to speed boost?

Also, neither are resistant to the inevitable time stop (I mean, Subaru can think, but that's it).

If they got Shamak off, Sabrina would probably transport herself out of their range, at which point they're screwed.

They also don't have the prior knowledge to activate EMT right away. EMT is also not strong enough to block Sabrina's magic and given the tendency for it to work beyond time and space, I doubt the sidestepping the plane of existence necessarily works. And isn't it that they can't attack during EMT?
You're thinking of EMM, what EMT does is negate the use of any magic. Beatrice is like 100x faster anyway so they can absolutely react.

That doesn't even make sense, she's alive and is her own character and Subaru doesn't summon her, she's already with him.
I agree speed equal rules can be silly, it is what it is. The combat speed is equalized between Subaru & Sabrina, meaning Subaru's reaction/perception speed, Beatrice's overall speed, & Sabrina's vaccuum speed remain relative.

No, it in general doesn't? Pretty sure it usually it just transforms things that are pointed at, but I would need to check to be sure.
Please send scans of that as I'm not convinced. Here she shoots a finger projectile to do it:

They also don't have the prior knowledge to activate EMT right away. EMT is also not strong enough to block Sabrina's magic and given the tendency for it to work beyond time and space, I doubt the sidestepping the plane of existence necessarily works.
Can you explain why it wouldn't work? You just saying "it doesn't necessarily work" doesn't prove anything. And it operating "beyond time and space" also doesn't really matter. And can you even apply that to this? Does her pineapple magic work beyond time and space?

Also, EMT is meant to imitate Regulus who can shrug off spatial attacks easily.

They also don't need prior knowledge. They would either dodge the projectile or block it via EMT. They aren't dumb.

Also, neither are resistant to the inevitable time stop (I mean, Subaru can think, but that's it).

If they got Shamak off, Sabrina would probably transport herself out of their range, at which point they're screwed.
If she gets hit by Shamak she's immediately incapacitated as she will not be able to think.

Following this logic, Sabrina summons a random witch whose speed is MFTL+, and it won't be out of character as she will feel the difference in her speed.
Summoning (Can summon mortals from all over space and time and make them work for her. Can call upon various magical creatures.)
Episode 20:
  • Travelling to other galaxies apparently completely normal for witches

Following this logic, Sabrina summons a random witch whose speed is MFTL+, and it won't be out of character as she will feel the difference in her speed.
Prove she does that as a starting move before getting killed by any Shamak attack and then also tell me how that particular summon would win the match.

how that particular summon would win the match.
Star level with magic (Should be comparable to another teenage witch that could pull a star from the night sky; mentioned to be able to reverse the rotation of the earth; Could make it go from half-moon to full moon moving the moon very fast in the progress; Mentioned changing earth's orbit)

Killing Subaru will not win the match so AP is irrelevant.

Also time stop seems to not be passive in a way that matters. She's been damaged by things before multiple times.

I said a scan. And that says "maybe"

It doesn't tell me how long it's for, if it's instant, passive, etc.

And from context I've seen it does not seem to be consistent as she's been harmed by stuff before.

You're thinking of EMM, what EMT does is negate the use of any magic. Beatrice is like 100x faster anyway so they can absolutely react.
Most of Sabrina's spells are instant, so no reacting.
EMT is in any case not strong enough to negate.
Please send scans of that as I'm not convinced. Here she shoots a finger projectile to do it:

Sabrina's magic virtually never has a projectile. What you show is the big exception. It's almost all instant, which is the prime reason she doesn't have monstrous attack speed for affecting things in extremely distant places.
Here is her using the pineapple spell without projectile:

Can you explain why it wouldn't work? You just saying "it doesn't necessarily work" doesn't prove anything. And it operating "beyond time and space" also doesn't really matter. And can you even apply that to this? Does her pineapple magic work beyond time and space?
Let's assume not. She can simply apport Subaru out of it.
Also, EMT is meant to imitate Regulus who can shrug off spatial attacks easily.
Sabrina is a bit stronger than what Regulus endures and Regulus' ability works via time, contrary to this one.
They also don't need prior knowledge. They would either dodge the projectile or block it via EMT. They aren't dumb.
Problem is that they would need to do it before Sabrina slightly bends her finger, as the spells are usually instant, as shown above.
If she gets hit by Shamak she's immediately incapacitated as she will not be able to think.
Ah, you mean El Shamak instead of the normal version. Ok.

Anyway, as I see Subaru has optional equip (Beatrice) I assume Sabrina has as well, in which case she blitzes due to vacuum speed boost.
And... well, because they have no time stop defense.

Sabrina's magic virtually never has a projectile. What you show is the big exception. It's almost all instant, which is the prime reason she doesn't have monstrous attack speed for affecting things in extremely distant places.
Do you have any other scans of her using it on a person as a starting move?

And that still isn't instant if it has a finger pointing condition. Meanwhile Beatrice and Subaru can cast things almost instantly themselves.

Let's assume not. She can simply apport Subaru out of it.
How?

Sabrina is a bit stronger than what Regulus endures and Regulus' ability works via time, contrary to this one.
Strength doesn't matter in regards to Regulus' ability at all.

And what do you mean it doesn't work?

Ah, you mean El Shamak instead of the normal version. Ok.

Anyway, as I see Subaru has optional equip (Beatrice) I assume Sabrina has as well, in which case she blitzes due to vacuum speed boost.
And... well, because they have no time stop defense.
That's just travel speed though. And she still has to get onto the vacuum to use it.

Do you have any other scans of her using it on a person as a starting move?

And that still isn't instant if it has a finger pointing condition. Meanwhile Beatrice and Subaru can cast things almost instantly themselves.
She can cast by literally just twitching her finger. Minimal movement.
And I'm not searching through episodes to find all cases of her using it. It's on the profile. The alternative is BFR which is not better for them btw.
By slightly twitching her finger and have him disappear at any point in space and time she wants him to.
Strength doesn't matter in regards to Regulus' ability at all.

And what do you mean it doesn't work?
Yeah, because it's time based. But Sabrina's time abilities are stronger than his.
And what Subaru does isn't even time based.
That's just travel speed though. And she still has to get onto the vacuum to use it.
No, it's combat speed. Profile doesn't say travel speed.
And if she starts with it in hand, then she can just start flying.

Honestly, doesn't Subaru have to summon Beatrice first?

Not that any of this matters, due to time stop (which the profile in fact says will happen, in the standard tactics section)

No, it's combat speed. Profile doesn't say travel speed.
And if she starts with it in hand, then she can just start flying.

Honestly, doesn't Subaru have to summon Beatrice first?
She would just spawn next to him as "equipment"

Also, just because it doesn't say travel speed doesn't mean it isn't travel speed.

Based on what the profile says it seems to be travel speed. Flying is travel speed.

She can cast by literally just twitching her finger. Minimal movement.
And I'm not searching through episodes to find all cases of her using it.
The only thing listed is the time she turned an orange into a pineapple (No projectile) and the time she turns that girl into a pineapple (Has a projectile).

By slightly twitching her finger and have him disappear at any point in space and time she wants him to.
If it's magic then EMT would just null it.

Yeah, because it's time based. But Sabrina's time abilities are stronger than his.
What makes her abilities stronger than Regulus'?

Not that any of this matters, due to time stop (which the profile in fact says will happen, in the standard tactics section)
So what happened every other time she was in danger before Season 7 Episode 13?

Regulus's ability stops the time of any objects(including) himself, cutting it off from its timeflow and making it a "distortion" in the world which ignores the physical laws within it. This means because its "Stopped" in time it cannot experience change and remains unable to be interacted with.

His ability section states

"Regulus has Lion's Heart active on his own heart constantly without need for activation or thinking about it. Stopping his heart's time grants him the total invincibility of Lion's Heart and only allows his body to recieve the force and knockback of attacks while remaining invincible. However, he can consciously activate Lion's Heart upon the rest of his body to become totally unmovable, as all objects that come into contact with him will be completely rejected by his body and utterly erased without a trace, but due to his body's nature of rejecting any object he touches, he must stop the time of whatever he is touching, as to not destroy the object, and stop the time of what he is walking on as to not fall through it (should he not choose to ignore gravity). The invincibility granted by Lion's Heart extends beyond just making his body invulnerable, but also makes interacting directly with his senses, mind, and soul, totally impossible, as well as allowing him to survive without ever feeling a need to eat, drink, sleep, breathe- he won't even sweat or age under the effect of Lion's Heart."

Last edited:
do you even understand how Regulus's ability works? And how exactly is Sabrina's time powers more potent? Even if they are thats not a very good argument considering Regulus is CUT OFF from Space-time.

I see Subaru using Shamak and then minyaing her to be way more likely of a wincon hère especially with the fact that the only time she has turned somebody into a pineapple was with a projectile and arguing against the formation of a projectile would be NLF here since i would assume that is the only time she turned a human into a pineapple (maybe because its a bigger target or something). Beatrice who outspeeds her, can easily whip out EMT and deal with it.

I would also like to know how likely is she to use the transmutation over some other ability
(I wanted to watch Sabrina as a child but never got the chance to, so i am kinda excited for this one)

I can't even find the stop time thing in the episode idk if I missed it ...

Bump

Have to ask... Seeing the pineapple thing and all... Why would Sabrina do that as a first move? Is turning a person into a pineapple the first thing she does in-character or something? Would she even know that she has to do that to Subaru first, and wouldn't just try any of the other abilities she has?

Moreover, would she be willing to do anything "lethal" to a random teenager and a weird-looking child? For all intents and purposes, that is what Subaru and Beatrice are. Especially, Beatrice, since despite her knowledge and all that jazz, she still acts and sound like a little girl. So would Sabrina try to harm, maim or even kill two children?

Furthermore, um... since Sabrina isn't giving off any obviously horrible person vibes that archbishop gives off, wouldn't it be more likely that Subaru would actually just "not fight" and use the power of talking to avoid fighting Sabrina altogether? Subaru does have strong Social Influencing and is a decent person, after all.

Have to ask... Seeing the pineapple thing and all... Why would Sabrina do that as a first move? Is turning a person into a pineapple the first thing she does in-character or something? Would she even know that she has to do that to Subaru first, and wouldn't just try any of the other abilities she has?

Moreover, would she be willing to do anything "lethal" to a random teenager and a weird-looking child? For all intents and purposes, that is what Subaru and Beatrice are. Especially, Beatrice, since despite her knowledge and all that jazz, she still acts and sound like a little girl. So would Sabrina try to harm, maim or even kill two children?
It is one of her standard things to do. She can turn people back from pineapples, so it is just a form of incap for her.
It is specified in Season 4 Episode 7 that it is a panic reaction for her. If she hasn't thought up a better spell, it's pineapple.

The commonly used alternatives are BFR to distant places in spacetime or freezing the opponent in body and mind. As you see, you are correct that she prefers incap over death... not that she couldn't resurrect people as well, making death really just another temporary solution.
Furthermore, um... since Sabrina isn't giving off any obviously horrible person vibes that archbishop gives off, wouldn't it be more likely that Subaru would actually just "not fight" and use the power of talking to avoid fighting Sabrina altogether? Subaru does have strong Social Influencing and is a decent person, after all.
That's a fair point.
Beatrice can teleport.
It seems to say here that she can only teleport to places familiar to her. And while she knows in which direction Sabrina is, she doesn't know the distance.
She would just spawn next to him as "equipment"

Also, just because it doesn't say travel speed doesn't mean it isn't travel speed.

Based on what the profile says it seems to be travel speed. Flying is travel speed.
No, if not specified otherwise, what is listed on a profile is combat speed. That's why "The term "Speed" normally refers to Combat Speed." As the person that put the speed rating I can also tell you it's combat speed, reason being that she can perform detailed maneuvres during flight that would require reactions, such as when she needs to land at every house to deliver presents as Santa Clause substitute.
The only thing listed is the time she turned an orange into a pineapple (No projectile) and the time she turns that girl into a pineapple (Has a projectile).
In Season 4 Episode 7 it's officially said that if Sabrina doesn't select another spell, she will in panic turn people into pineapples.
Aside from that I just don't have a list of every time she cast a particular spell. When I took notes for the show I only noted down the first time she used each spell.
If it's magic then EMT would just null it.
Feats of it being strong enough to negate 4-C amounts of magic?
What makes her abilities stronger than Regulus'?
Regulus stops time of his body. Sabrina manipulates time on a planetary scale and with a wider range of applications.
So what happened every other time she was in danger before Season 7 Episode 13?
The show isn't really much of a battle shonen, you know? Not a whole lot of "guy tries to kill Sabrina". Basically, she probably just never felt that endangered before.
I can't even find the stop time thing in the episode idk if I missed it ...
The numbering of the episodes between providers may vary (as I just discovered). You need the episode "In Sabrina We Trust".
I would show a gif, but recording protections from the services in question prevent me from making one.

In Season 4 Episode 7 it's officially said that if Sabrina doesn't select another spell, she will in panic turn people into pineapples.
Aside from that I just don't have a list of every time she cast a particular spell. When I took notes for the show I only noted down the first time she used each spell.

Feats of it being strong enough to negate 4-C amounts of magic?
The range or potency of a magic/attack is irrelevant in defining the potency of a hax.
If she does not have a way to bypass EMM's disconnection from the Space-time and reality then its useless
Regulus stops time of his body. Sabrina manipulates time on a planetary scale and with a wider range of applications.
His is more of a disconnecting type of situation so you would instead need feats of being able to affect shit outside of Space-time
The show isn't really much of a battle shonen, you know? Not a whole lot of "guy tries to kill Sabrina". Basically, she probably just never felt that endangered before.
So she has a lack of combat experience, good to know

Okay, ignoring the fact that there is a massive distance between them and forgetting about the fact that Subaru's in-character first move would likely be an attempt to use SI on Sabrina if they were close enough, well...

Beatrice's first move, without any input from Subaru, in combat is Minya, i.e a bunch of deadly danmaku that will be thrown towards Sabrina and would probably be threating enough for her Time Stop to trigger-and if Sabrina does trigger RBD, and Subaru dies and he loops back, she would likely know what happened due to her acausality and can incap him nonlethally. Probably.

Although, since Sabrina lacks mind and emp manip resistance, El Shamak and then throwing a bunch of Minya at her body to kill her could be a possible win-con for the duo. But I must point out that Subaru and Beatrice has to know to go for this option ASAP (and the distance has to shorten) instead of just going for Minya first.

Maybe the distance need to be reduced to 10-5 meters, and Subaru and Beatrice is given prior knowledge of Sabrina's capabilities?

K, but still... it is probably best to reduce the distance so that Subaru and Sabrina are five or so meters away from each other or smth.

It would no longer qualify for the strongest thread if I change the starting distance.

Btw doesn't Sabrina have to feel especially endangered for the time stop to activate? From the episode that's how it seems.

In which case I don't think she'd even be able to tell how much danger she is in against these two.

She lacks enhanced senses and extrasensory perception. And she has no info analysis either. So how would she feel out the attacks to even tell how much danger she's in?

It would no longer qualify for the strongest thread if I change the starting distance.
That sucks, imao.
Btw doesn't Sabrina have to feel especially endangered for the time stop to activate? From the episode that's how it seems.

In which case I don't think she'd even be able to tell how much danger she is in against these two.

She lacks enhanced senses and extrasensory perception. And she has no info analysis either. So how would she feel out the attacks to even tell how much danger she's in?
Idk, DT might be able to answer or smth.

Moreover, though... Yeah, you bring up a good point. But like... a bunch of Subaru and Beatrice's actions will probably cause Sabrina to feel suddenly endangered or have her fear for her life. You don't need enhanced senses or info analysis to feel threatened when a bunch of magical spikes appear out of nowhere to spear through you or when a black fog suddenly appears and strips all of your senses away from you, after all.

Back