• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
well here is the full draft, tell what to change and what to add

I'm still against an Od Lagna profile. It'd be like making a profile for gravity, or time.

Od Lagna would be a big chunk of a cosmology blog, but it's not a character, so I don't think it should have a profile.
you do know we can just add it later on to the cosmology blog? Also, a lot of things that aren't characters also get profiles so its not unheard of

you do know we can just add it later on to the cosmology blog? Also, a lot of things that aren't characters also get profiles so its not unheard of
Yeah, but most of this profiles are actually usefull, like page from weapons and stuff, that appears on the story and have unique powers, and usually multiples characters scale to that. Like, Kingdom Hearts

Od Laguna is just a void of information and speculations, with no physical apparence, that no one really scales, besides one character.

Where did low 2-c come from😭
it's the root of the world, it's omnipresent, it at least partially exists in a different dimension, it can view Return by Death in it's entirety, RBD is a timeline reset making any perception of it 4th dimensional in nature by default
Isekai usually talks about another "world" as in another universe, there is also enough mana laying around for people to make interdimensional portels and create their own void dimensions

Like I agree Od Lagna is at least Tier 2, and may end up higher, but it is mostly theorycrafting off of statements that can be up to interpretation.

I still think these connections back to Volume 1 are amazing though:
"So a loop or time slip, huh... I mean, I'm used to this sort of thing happening in manga, but I saw somewhere that realistically it was really hard to explain time travel to the past... like, that it would be easier to remake the world from scratch rather than slip back in time." –Volume 1, Chapter 4, Section 2
Subaru: "Am I being treated as deceased, ever since I lost my memories... the 『Books of the Dead』 of 『Taygeta』, that Hall of Memories, is even observing the worlds I die in……?”

If that were the case, then in no way is it inconceivable that it was depicting Subaru’s 『Deaths』 in some type of form through the 『Book of the Dead』. However, in that case, what did that make of 『Return by Death』.

Subaru: “Whether it rewinds time, or does it rebuild the world itself, I had given a thought to both but……”

For the argument’s sake, in the case that the 『Books of the Dead』 assumed a method to generate the book of 『Natsuki Subaru』, it could not be helped but to reach the conviction that the latter had much more likelihood. If that holds true, then the phenomenon which encased this Natsuki Subaru was not something as charming as 『Return by Death』 butーー –Volume 25, Chapter 2, Section 1
Taritta: [Unfortunately, Subaru…]

Al: [Bro’s alive.]

Medium: [――Al-chin!]

Shaking her head, Taritta tried to express her condolences. But her statement was interrupted by Al’s words full of conviction; hearing them made Medium’s face light up.

Naturally, Abel turned his eyes, which seemed to be in a foul mood, towards Al,

Abel: [Clown, how can you be so sure of his survival?]

Al: [Plain and simple, it’s ‘cause Natsuki Subaru’s that kinda guy. Or rather…]

Abel: [Rather?]

Al: [The world hasn’t been destroyed. That’s my basis.] –Volume 30, Chapter 3

If there is such a widespread agreement on it then yeah i will lay off it for now
what are some profiles i should give priority to instead?
As I was just mentioning Heinkel and Mimi are big profiles that should probably be made at some point. You could also make one for someone like Ezzo if you want to go through all of his content thus far. He does have some interesting abilities like being able to bypass Reinhard's power nullification and divine protections.

I'm very amused by the fact that bypassing Reinhard's passive powernull & anti-strike Blessings still ended up causing negative effects upon Ezzo for casting on Reinhard. He hands were mangled and he was vomitting blood...

I'm very amused by the fact that bypassing Reinhard's passive powernull & anti-strike Blessings still ended up causing negative effects upon Ezzo for casting on Reinhard. He hands were mangled and he was vomitting blood...
so yeah magic users are just plainly up against a massive disadvantage unless they have abstract stuff like cm, info type 2 or something else...

Olbart's Shinobi invisibility not only works to hide him visibly, it also conceals his presence. Not even a passive Curse like the Curse of Thorns will effect him.
Invisibility that eliminated one’s presence as much as possible, it was something that lived up to the name of the shinobi’s head honcho―― including the fact that he had been picking off the guards without being noticed, there was no way his presence would be caught.

If his presence were to be detected, thereby including him as a target of the Curse of Thorns, Olbart would be made powerless. He was weak to pain. The mere thought of thorns stabbing into his heart made him want to toss in his sleep. –Arc 8, Chapter 58

Garfiel's instinctive action was able to detect Olbart.
Then, it happened right when he had been about to embark towards the bastion where the Dragon was located.

――Garfiel shuddered, as all the hairs on his body stood on end.

Garfiel: “――Hk.”

Free from obstructive thoughts. He was free from obstructive thoughts.

Without hesitation, without question, following the sensation that had brought to the attention of his brain, he unleashed a blow using the full force of his body.

A backhand, a blow of steel able to shatter rock, striking the wind dead, about to hit what lay ahead of his instincts――

Olbart: “――Oh, so ya can see through my invisibility. Isn’t that a bit dangerous?”

Such a hoarse voice could be heard from beyond his strong fist. –Arc 7, Chapter 95

A bunch of Od/Soul stuff, compiling it because it could be useful later.
The Insect Cage Clan was a minority group that existed only in Vollachia, a tribe that included a wide variety of demi-humans.

From a young age, members of the clan ingested bugs with special powers, adopting the qualities of those creatures over time. They shared their Od, the wellspring of all life, with the insects, combining their very souls in order to share their bodies and gain the insects’ power.

This was what led to their monstrous external appearance.
When the people of this clan unleashed the power of the insects, they themselves transformed into something very much like the bugs. –EX 4, Diplomacy by Bloodshed, Section 14
“Carillon…!” He sent his partner dragon plummeting from the clouds toward the ground. l

The man had cared for his dragon partner since before she emerged from her egg and shared his Od with her; their souls were bound together. The bond between a rider and his dragon was much like that between an Insect Cage Clan member and their bugs. –EX 4, Diplomacy by Bloodshed, Section 17
Subaru: “To begin with, borrowing her body? What kind of situation is that?”

“Anastasia”: “To put it simply, I overwrite my existence in Ana’s Od, and I borrow her freely, that is the situation. In this state, I am able to control Ana’s body at will, I can also manipulate Ana’s Gate, which is defective from the start, and use magic.” –Volume 20, Chapter 7
“Is this your first time borrowing her body?”

“No, this is the fourth time. But this is the first time there has been any issue going back. It’s never happened before, so I have no clue what the cause might be… I’ve stopped being able to extract myself from her body. As a result, Ana’s consciousness is sleeping in the depths of her Od.”

Eridna spoke as she touched her chest, as if the Od were inside her
, and then she looked at the scarf lying limp on the roundtable. –Volume 20, Chapter 7
“Anastasia”: “So far as it goes, Ana and I have a contracted relationship of a Spirit and a user. Though it is an imperfect relationship… an imperfect Spirit, along with an imperfect user. I believe I have spoken about Ana’s body.”

Subaru: “Ah, about there being some defects in the Gate, and stuff.”

“Anastasia”: “That is close to the relationship between the present you and Beatrice. What is different from you two is that Ana’s body has no receptacle to receive Mana at all. In order for her to maintain her Contract with me she has no choice but to spend her Od.

Subaru: “Hm, hm?”

He thought of that explanation as roughly the same as what he had heard before. However, Echidna believed Subaru’s understanding was rather shallow, so she put a finger on her chest and,

“Anastasia”: “This state is equivalent to me manifesting in Ana’s stead. Which means Ana’s Od is being eaten up at an increased rate. Even now, moment by moment, Ana’s Od is being grated.”

Subaru: “I believe Od was, like, the soul itself of the person
… which means.”

“Anastasia”: “On top of assenting the dangers of having a Contract with me, Ana took my hand. Ever since then, I hypothesized that some day, the end would arrive… but now is, rather soon.”

——That was why, the body must be returned to Anastasia as soon as possible. –Volume 22, Chapter 6
Julius: “I just wish to confirm this. Anastasia-sama’s Od is the price for your ability to continue to manifest yourself… So naturally, the more you strain yourself, the heavier the burden on Anastasia-sama’s body will be. Is that correct?”

“Anastasia”: “Correct. That is the right way to understand it. If I eat well, sleep well, get some moderate exercise… take a generally healthy approach to life, it would be just enough to counteract the toll on Ana’s Od.” –Volume 22, Chapter 7
The Memories eaten by Gluttony did not remain extant within the person concerned, the Names eaten by Gluttony did not remain extant within other people. That was because the Authority tore them off from the soul, which defined one’s existence in the world.

The proper cleansing of the soul by Od Lagna, which was practiced in the Hall of Memories―― acting as its agent of its own accord, the Authority of Gluttony would usurp it in stealth.

Therefore, the Memories and Names snavelled by Gluttony did not remain present within anyone.

Restrictively, though there had been ones who had only Memories or only Names stolen away, respective negative effects got applied.

If the Memories were stolen then said person, if the Name was stolen then other people, could no longer remember the person concerned. That could not be altered as long as the disposition of the soul remained within the protection of Od Lagna.

Yet, Natsuki Subaru did remember.

Did remember the ingredient, the soul which had been rendered naked, having Memories and Name both stolen. –Volume 25, Chapter 3
“Anastasia”: “Having ceded the body over to me, and temporarily lying dormant in your Od, you are in a state wherein you will not receive any interference from the outside world―― Because the Od, is a world of a certain kind of peculiarity.”

And by her own volition, she had secluded herself away in that place.

The reason being obvious―― Should she come outside, she would incur the effects. The abhorrent Authority of the Sin Archbishop of Gluttony, she would incur its effects.

She would forget what she wished to never forget, relinquish what she wished to never relinquish.

Anastasia Hoshin would forget Julius Juukulius. –Volume 25, Chapter 6
――That what was termed as Synesthesia, operated via the Ods of two differing individuals being connected.

What was termed as the Od, was the source of power existing in the depths of a human being―― it could also be synonymous for the soul.

Though on instances it was also used in place of Mana as power for utilizing magic, originally, the Od was the pure property itself that made a human, human.

The consequence of having a domain that could not be trespassed by anyone, linking those born of the same womb mutually, perhaps resulted in Synesthesia, so propounded theory.

In the end, it came to be determined as folklore, and was not something that had been proven.

However, since it had been left in the Forbidden Library, it surely was not some phony spiel either. Above all else, Ram personally had taken a liking to that theory.

To have one’s own self and someone else be connected together by birth, was a lovely thing. –Volume 25, Chapter 7
By way of Synesthesia, Ram would share the burden levied upon her own flesh body to her sleeping younger sister.

It was in consequence of having experienced Subaru’s Authority by herself once. Having witnessed something once, Ram could materialize it identically, roughly.

What Subaru had done was an identical contrivance―― it possibly coercively connected others’ Od with his own Od, inducing a fairly arbitrary Synesthesia. Subaru’s side could possibly consign his burden over if he felt inclined to do so as well, but since Subaru was a fool, he would not do so.

Contrarily, by taking it upon himself, he endeavored to abate the burden of his allies. –Volume 25, Chapter 7
Abel: “――It is one of the supposedly lost secret arts spoken of in ancient literature. It is called the Soul Marriage Technique; by sharing a part of one’s soul with others, value is added to it.”

Al: “I don’t get it! The ****’s that supposed to mean?”

Abel: “To put it another way, souls united via the Soul Marriage Technique share a fraction of their power. And in this city, there is merely a single wielder of the Soul Marriage Technique――” –Volume 29, Chapter 3
Abel: “――As I stated. The Soul Marriage Technique involves ceding a portion of one’s soul to another. By soul, that would be the very root of one’s self, the Od.”

Al: “Ceding… Od.”

Ruminating on the words, Al’s voice trembled at the realization.

Od was, as Abel had stated, the root of one’s being―― the center of not only the body, but also the more spiritual part of the being, the origin of one’s Mana.

In this world, it was often treated as it was the same as the soul. So, perhaps the Soul Marriage Technique could also be called the Od Marriage Technique. Although Subaru wasn’t too sure of this.

Subaru: “But why do souls become stronger when they’re joined together?”

Abel: “A similar example would be the relationship between a Spiritual Arts User and a Spirit. By entering into a contractual relationship, User and Spirit connect to each other’s essence. Thus, those connected can be said to draw power from one another. Physical separation has nothing to do with it.
This ought to ring a bell.” –Volume 29, Chapter 3
Abel: “As for your case, the issue is that you have lost your ability to comprehend and your creativity. The details of Olbart’s technique are unknown, but one theory would be that the body reflects the ups and downs of its own Od.”

Subaru: “T-the Od’s ups and downs…?”

Abel: “It means that there is a connection between the Od and the body, their growth and decay. So to speak, we can assume that Olbart has meddled with your… or rather, all of your Ods.”

Abel looked over at Subaru, Al, and Medium, whose bodies remained shrunk.

That explanation didn’t ring a bell to Subaru. As was the case with his broken Gate, which was used for magic, he had no real sense of the explanation about Mana and Od, whose existence he had originally been unaware of. –Volume 29, Chapter 4
Giving a brief answer to Subaru’s hesitant question, Olbart’s outstretched hand gently touched Subaru’s solar plexus.

Abel had conjectured that Olbart’s “infantilization” technique interfered with the Od, and perhaps that Od resided somewhere around the heart.

At the same time, a memory came back to Subaru’s mind. The previous day, he had indeed received a painless blow from Olbart as he fled from the keep right beneath where he was currently standing.

Subaru’s “infantilization” had occurred, with the interference of his Od as a trigger
. –Volume 29, Chapter 8
——An abominable technique left behind by the Vicious Old Man, Olbart Dunkelkenn.

By meddling with the Od of others, the Shinobi’s secret infantilization technique could remarkably reverse the growth of one’s body.

All living beings were naught more than containers for that which came into existence from nothingness, the Od. Depending on the shape of the Od, the size and form of the container would vary accordingly.

Therefore, all living creatures would don different appearances, and establish themselves as unique life forms.

If this theory was correct, that the body only served as a container for the Od, then by altering the shape of one’s Od, the form of its container could be altered freely.

By compressing one’s Od, then the body, serving as the container, could also be shrunk
—— –Volume 31, Chapter 2
Olbart: “But, it’s amusin’ that the actual result and the effects deviate so much, ya know. I was sure they’d just shrink someone, ya know, but it goes as far as ta completely restore the brain ta its youthful state.”

Olbart: “Unfortunately, I really don’t understand why either. Well, guess it’s ‘cause the Od’s forcibly tampered with. Just as yer body shrinks ta fit yer Od, yer mind’d prolly shrink ta fit yer Od as well, yeah?
” –Volume 31, Chapter 2
If this were magic, killing the caster would usually cause it to cease functioning. Magic was invoked by the caster using Mana to interfere with the world, so if the caster disappeared, that would be the end of it.

However, curses were specialized for causing damage that resulted in the death of the target.

For this reason, many of them activated in combination with the target’s Od, and most of them did not lose their efficacy as long as the target continued to live, even if the caster perished. For example, these thorns were clearly more dependent on the target’s Od than the caster’s, a perfect example.

The only way to break this type of curse was to have the caster break it, or to use a secret trick.

Groovy: [There’s that ******* sword, Murasame. Go get it.] –Arc 8, Chapter 41
Through the art of flying dragon taming, Balleroy and Carillon were tied to each other’s existences through their souls―― through the merging of Od with Od. Subjugating the innately ferocious flying dragons through that process, was the secretive technique of flying dragon taming.

Given that relationship, any wavering in Balleroy’s thoughts and feelings was directly transmitted to Carillon. The inverse also held true, so Balleroy had also sensed Carillon’s thoughts
. –Arc 8, Chapter 53

A bunch of Od/Soul stuff, compiling it because it could be useful later.
Conclusions that can be drawn about the Od;
  • The Od, the Mind, the Soul, are interchangeable terms.
  • The Od is the wellspring of all life, and the very root of a person, it reflects their lifespan. It is the source of power within a person, and can be expended to use Magic. It is also the container for Mana absorbed by the Gate.
  • The Od is that which came into existence from nothingness, it is what defines one's very existence in the world, the disposition of the Od is within the protection of Od Lagna. Within the Od is it's own sort of "World" where one receives no interference from the outside, not even from the Authority of Gluttony.
  • Od Lagna itself is the Od of the World, the root and fount of existence. Within the Corridor of Memories, Od Lagna takes in Ods and cleanses them of the sediment stuck to them known as Memories.
  • The body is nothing more than a container of the Od, it will reflect the shape of the Od for that reason. Infantilization is the obvious showcase, but Eridna warns that remaining in Anastasia too long may twist her body, and the Romanée-Contis that Petelgeuse possesses have their appearance change to match Petelgeuse inside them.

The Elsa sidestories are so good wtf, I just finished Assassin Sisters Diary & now I'm reading Red Snowfall on the Orcos Domain.

These blessings (not Divine Blessings) of the Gustekan Church warriors "Temple Knights" are interesting, they seem to range from major buffs, to superpowers, to Contracted Spirits. Also I gotta say it's crazy that Noelle (Witch's After Tea Party) is supposedly on par with the Nine Divine Generals, she did not give that impression lol.

The Elsa sidestories are so good wtf, I just finished Assassin Sisters Diary & now I'm reading Red Snowfall on the Orcos Domain.

These blessings (not Divine Blessings) of the Gustekan Church warriors "Temple Knights" are interesting, they seem to range from major buffs, to superpowers, to Contracted Spirits. Also I gotta say it's crazy that Noelle (Witch's After Tea Party) is supposedly on par with the Nine Divine Generals, she did not give that impression lol.
If you ask me, there are way too many "nine divine general" tiers roaming around in the story now, it was supposed to be a special status for the truly strong but it feels a lot more common now.

Also I gotta say it's crazy that Noelle (Witch's After Tea Party) is supposedly on par with the Nine Divine Generals, she did not give that impression lol.
Only in the sense that they're the highest form of military in their nation. Elsa can body a group of Temple Knights iirc and she is weaker than all of the divine generals besides Chisha. Though I'm sure there are a handful who are cracked like that. In Lugunica the equivalent would be the Royal Guards. They're the strongest group and there are absolutely members as strong as the divine generals but not every member is.

Noelle isn't even a temple knight though. She just has the same kind of blessing. She doesn't have that kind of training.

Last edited:
Only in the sense that they're the highest form of military in their nation. Elsa can body a group of Temple Knights iirc and she is weaker than all of the divine generals besides Chisha. Though I'm sure there are a handful who are cracked like that. In Lugunica the equivalent would be the Royal Guards. They're the strongest group and there are absolutely members as strong as the divine generals but not every member is.

Noelle isn't even a temple knight though. She just has the same kind of blessing. She doesn't have that kind of training.
Lugunica doesnt have haxed divine generals though, Marcos is just a better Goz and Julius would lose to a lot of the divine general tiers and there isnt any other royal guard that is notable

Lugunica doesnt have haxed divine generals though, Marcos is just a better Goz and Julius would lose to a lot of the divine general tiers and there isnt any other royal guard that is notable
If Marcos is just a better Goz then so is Cecilus. Julius would also absolutely not lose to most of the divine generals (anymore). Also, Reinhard?

I know Tappei said in the past that Julius was the third strongest of the Royal Guards but honestly I'm not sure I buy it. He would probably retcon that without a second thought if he wanted to. And if it really is the case then there really were only two knights as strong as the divine generals. At least they're at the top of the divine generals.

Anyway, Lugunica doesn't have anything like the Divine Generals where people are granted that kind of position just for being strong. If they did there would be a handful of others on that level like Roswaal and now Garfiel.

It's stated that Itinerant Preachers are equal in power to the Temple Knights.
Blessed by the Holy King, they were a select group of elites who were said to wield superhuman power―― it is rumored both inside and outside of the country that they were a group of talented individuals comparable to the Nine Divine Generals of the Vollachia Empire.
Itinerant Preachers had power in line with Temple Knights—known as the executioners of the Gustekan Church. To have the responsibility of traveling to various places to spread the teachings, you had to be prepared to punish anything that contradicts those teachings.

I know Tappei said in the past that Julius was the third strongest of the Royal Guards but honestly I'm not sure I buy it.
I agree that the meritocratic nature of Vollachia's military makes it much easier to identify the strongest warriors. Julius has claimed that while he's the 3rd strongest Knight, he's "aware of just how distant a third place it was".

Realistically every country has a bunch Divine General-level warriors, since Divine Generals themselves vary wildly in power. Even Garfiel is stated to rank highly among the 4 Nations.

Having "power in line with" the temple knights does not mean they're equally as strong as them when we know they are literally granted the same kind of power. Ocam's razor would tell us it's just talking about the type of power they have. They aren't fighters first and foremost.

Either way, it's been made clear that the average temple knight is not as strong as a divine general.

Having "power in line with" the temple knights does not mean they're equally as strong as them when we know they are literally granted the same kind of power. Ocam's razor would tell us it's just talking about the type of power they have. They aren't fighters first and foremost.
The full quote is pretty clearly talking about Preachers having fighting strength comparable to the Knights in order to function as executioners;
“But I won’t ignore a second death. If you smash Maqueena’s head in to exact your pointless revenge, the third death will be yours. Choose carefully.”

Itinerant Preachers had power in line with Temple Knights— known as the executioners of the Gustekan Church. To have the responsibility of traveling to various places to spread the teachings, you had to be prepared to punish anything that contradicts those teachings.

Noelle clearly possessed abilities that belied her appearance. However, even she didn’t dare act too brazenly in front of Omega—a Witch.

“Well then. What’s your decision? Whatever happens will be of great interest to me,” the Witch said, making light of the cruelty in the snow.
But I won't continue to argue about Divine Generals.

Elsa really is a monster though, Orcos was a good sidestory.
Marble walls and expensive carpets were mercilessly destroyed as dust filled the space. The tip of the whips manipulated by knights’ had countless fine thorns, which made for a brutal contraption that ripped the flesh of its prey from its bones.

Even a mere graze would leave one with a serious injury. In a battlefield where they closed in like snakes moving at the speed of sound, Elsa, her arms dangling, swept through them with a gliding, dancing gait.

The concept of floors, walls, and ceilings became meaningless in Elsa's gait through space. Up and down, left and right, Elsa leapt around the hall, tracing the gaps of the whip attacks.

Igor: [What, what the hell are you doing, you Acolyte Knights!? The blessing granted to you by His Eminence is weeping!]

With the expectation that it would be an instant victory betrayed, Igor’s spittle flew as he rebuked the Acolyte Knights. The expressions of the twins remained unchanged at those words, however the speed and sharpness of each of the twin whips increased all the more.

Faster than sound, faster than wind, the whiplashes accelerated. However――,

Elsa: [――Very good. But, it’s not enough.]

As the whips grazed her toes and glided across her black braid, Elsa smiled in ecstasy.

The coordination of the twin Acolyte Knights was superb. Their dual-wielded whips compensated for each other's blind spots and never allowed the enemy to breach their high-speed attack range. Once the whip caught the enemy, a barrage of lashes would rush toward the stationary opponent, uprooting them.

If it landed, it was a tactic that guaranteed certain victory―― hence, it was lacking in minute maneuvers.

Elsa: [For example, what if I do this?]

Elsa leapt directly above the hall as whip shots exploded beneath her feet. The twins followed the shadow and chose to pursue it with their whips, but that was an error in judgment.

Directly above the great hall, Elsa's kick shattered an enormous crystal chandelier, and the massive mass fell to the ground in one fell swoop. Even a lash that was effective against the human body would not be powerful enough against such a large inorganic object.

Decided that the next profile I'm wanting to update is Julius'. He has a ton of stuff unlike Reid or Ceci so I think it'll take a while. Super-glad I don't have to make it from scratch at least.
From his rezero fandom profile and the vsbw one, some of Julius' attacks need some upgrading and some stuff added in my opinion

Back