• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I get it, but does "the world" here refere to a planet or the universe? scan for it?
The Od Lagna views and records even Return by Death, which messes with the entire timeline.

If the Book of the Dead of this Subaru was truly here, then――

Subaru: “Am I being treated as deceased, ever since I lost my memories… The Books of the Dead of Taygeta, that Hall of Memories, is even observing the worlds I die in…?”

If that were the case, then in no way was it inconceivable that it was depicting Subaru’s Deaths in some type of form through the Book of the Dead. However, in that case, what did that make of Return by Death?

Subaru: “Whether it rewinds time, or does it rebuild the world itself, I’d given a thought to both but…”

For argument’s sake, along the hypothesis that the Books of the Dead held a method to generate the Book of “Natsuki Subaru”, it could not be helped but to reach the conviction that the latter had much more likelihood. If that held true, then the phenomenon which encased this Natsuki Subaru was not something as charming as Return by Death, but――

Subaru: “Am I an idiot? No, I am definitely an idiot… Damn coward.”
Echidna: “When you rain on people’s parades like that, even when it’s true, it’s still really demoralizing, you know. Anyway, then let me ease your worries… This book is not the same as the Gospels in your memories. Recorded in this book is neither the future nor the optimal solutions. Only truth.”

Subaru: “Truth…?”

Echidna: “If the Gospel could be called a book of prophecies, then this book in my hands would be a book of histories. This book is not bound by its shape, and its manifestation is as vague and as vast as the oceans. It is not any book, and yet it could be any book that was, or indeed any book that could be… Its blank pages record only truth, and four hundred years ago, people of this world called it the Book of Wisdom. But, I like to call it…”

Subaru: “――――”

Echidna: “――the Memories of the World.”

An outlandish name―― for an equally outlandish power.

If what she said was true, then no matter who the person was, no matter what that person had done, as long as it belonged in the past and in history, it could be read from this book. In terms of gathering information, this would be nothing less than a game-breaking cheat.

Echidna: “But to tell you the truth, I don’t really like to rely on it. After all, only things witnessed with my own eyes can be truly burned into my memories. A magical book that skips the step of «acquiring information» and directly leads to «information acquired»―― As much as I love to learn, it is difficult for me to judge the value of a book that bypasses the process of discovery.”
Beatrice: “That the Gospel records its owner’s future? The less its owner deviates from the world memories, the clearer its details will be.”

Subaru: “World memories…?”

Beatrice: “The Memories of the World, I suppose―― It knows not only the present and the past of the world, but also the future that is to come, in fact. The Book of Wisdom is a forbidden text which draws its needed information from there. Whereas the Gospel merely inherited a portion of its functionalities, I suppose.”

Echidna herself had coined the Book of Wisdom to be the Memories of the World.
Indeed, there was no doubt that there existed some close connection between Echidna and Beatrice.

There, Beatrice held up the black binding, as if to show it to Subaru,

Beatrice: “The false Gospels in the Witch Cultists’ possession operate on the same principle, I suppose.
While their accuracy marks their only difference, their algorithms are based on this one’s, in fact.”

Subaru: “…How did this technology leak after Echidna’s death? Shouldn’t you and Roswaal have the only two existing Gospels?”

Beatrice: “Who knows. I don’t really care, I suppose. Whoever created these false copies, and whoever they are giving it to, it has nothing to do with Betty.”
Watching Minerva punch a dent into the table, Echidna lightly reached out, as a book with black binding appeared in her hand. This was Echidna’s book of forbidden knowledge which held the world’s past, present, and future―― the Memories of the World.

If the Thirst for Knowledge Incarnate, Echidna, ever felt like it, she could access any information, knowledge, or history within this world. But, out of personal preference, she seemed to feel an aversion to using the power of this forbidden tome.

The Od Lagna views and records even Return by Death, which messes with the entire timeline.
It hold information about past, present and future.

The problem nothing shows it containing information about other planets, just the timeline of the planet they're in.

I'm have something similar from another verse that's why I'm asking. Do you have anything that prove world=universe ?

It hold information about past, present and future.

The problem nothing shows it containing information about other planets, just the timeline of the planet they're in.

I'm have something similar from another verse that's why I'm asking. Do you have anything that prove world=universe ?
In this same Arc, the irl universe is referred to as "another world". It's an Isekai, so sekai is used a lot for that reason. In the context of Echidna speaking, it'd mean universe (especially since it draws on Od Lagna, which is the source of Everything).

There is no point on looking at info of other planets, there is no life on them. The MotW can give timeline-spanning info.

In this same Arc, the irl universe is referred to as "another world". It's an Isekai, so sekai is used a lot for that reason. In the context of Echidna speaking, it'd mean universe (especially since it draws on Od Lagna, which is the source of Everything).
Nothing about it covering more than a single planet.
If the Thirst for Knowledge Incarnate, Echidna, ever felt like it, she could access any information, knowledge, or history within this world. But, out of personal preference, she seemed to feel an aversion to using the power of this forbidden tome.
Od Lagna could just be will/soul of the planet itself.

There is no point on looking at info of other planets, there is no life on them.
The question is: Can she do it?
The MotW can give timeline-spanning info.
Does it give information about the timeline of the whole universe or just a planet ?

Od Lagna could just be will/soul of the planet itself.
I've already sent the scan that shows Od Lagna has authority over the whole timeline.

Echidna: “Parallel universes, that’s one school of thought. It states that, separate from the universe we are living in now, many alternate universes following along a similar path exist.”

The person speaking was trying her best to suppress the waves of excitement in her voice. Accompanying that lecture-like statement, she was lightly tapping her fingers on the table in a pleasant and even rhythm.

Sekhmet: “That sounds, huu… like it’s, haa… kind of complicated.”

Echidna: “It’s not that hard to wrap your head around. Imagine infinite parallel worlds, each being generated by just one difference in choice. For example, say there is a split in the road on your way home. Both paths ultimately lead to your house, and there is a you who went right and a you who went left―― That possibility would already constitute an extremely small-scale parallel universe.”

Minerva: “What. So, you’re saying that there’re so many worlds out there that we can’t even count them? That’s just stupid.”
Indeed, by drawing from Subaru’s memories, Echidna was able to recreate the town and the school from Subaru’s original universe, none of which existed in this world. On the matter of having one’s deepest memories tapped into, this concept would be personified by none other than Subaru, who had experienced it first-hand.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu is an Isekai story, a parallel world story. World will usually mean Universe, especially when talking about things like timeline-spanning entities.

I've already sent the scan that shows Od Lagna has authority over the whole timeline.
Yes there is other universes. But nothing here prove Od Lagna has authority over the universe, just a planet at best. If he created everything won't he be multiversal ?

If Echidna had that much knowledge and power why did she need Subaru's memory ?
It kinda prove it's limited to the planet.

Yes there is other universes. But nothing here prove Od Lagna has authority over the universe, just a planet at best. If he created everything won't he be multiversal ?
The different timeloops are referred to as different worlds, Echidna states there are many other worlds, Od Lagna is the soul of the world and presides over even the worlds created through Return by Death.

You need to be a little dense to think that it just means planet, in this situation.

If Echidna had that much knowledge and power why did she need Subaru's memory ?
It kinda prove it's limited to the planet.
Subaru's original universe is not a part of the world born from the Od Lagna, they're seperate worlds.

The different timeloops are referred to as different worlds, Echidna states there are many other worlds, Od Lagna is the soul of the world and presides over even the worlds created through Return by Death.
That's what I meant timeline of the planet, nothing show it working on a universal range .
You need to be a little dense to think that it just means planet, in this situation.
"World" is one the most unclear or vague words in fiction.
Subaru's original universe is not a part of the world born from the Od Lagna, they're seperate worlds.
If it's not the source of everything , why do we assume she know everything across their universe ?

Od Lagna has authority over the planet(space-time, mana, life...) and that's it.

I'm jusking because some fans keep exaggerating about it.

Can someone who created a pocket dimension (planet size sphere with it's own time) get universal tier because it got multiple timelines within it ?
Return by Death is Multiversal in it's range of effect (it can reach the Forbidden Library, an isolated dimension), and Od Lagna can observe and record it.

This could help.
What is the forbidden library ?(with scans)
Al Shamak, the greatest of Shamak spells, was magic that disturbed space.

The magic had swallowed the Rabbit and the snowfield, then blasted them all into another dimension.

Neither regeneration nor multiplication would mean anything anymore.
Because it was literally another world’s issue.

Subaru: “I know I did… ask you to send them into an isolated space like the Forbidden Library, but…”

Beatrice: “Do I hear dissatisfaction, I suppose?”
Some time ago, Beatrice, in the Forbidden Library, had once referred to Rem after her Name had been eaten by Gluttony. Subaru had questioned that after she had formed her Contract, after the Forbidden Library had been lost but, this was one conclusion they had reached after their exchange.

Subaru: “When isolated from the outside inside the Forbidden Library, Beako does not get affected by what is outside of the room. That’s why the moment Rem’s Name was eaten, no effect was taken… that’s what I had thought, isn’t it? That’s why, once exited from the room, special treatment would not be given… huh.”
Beatrice: “Betty… can’t go with you.”

Twisting himself around, Subaru looked back into the room just before he was swept through the door.

The form of the girl caught in his field of view, had large droplets of tears emerging in her eyes.

Unable to form any words, his vision twisted. Caught in the shifting spatial dimensions, his body moved down a path that shouldn’t exist as the link to the Forbidden Library began to fade.

Just like that, Subaru’s body was flung from the space of the Forbidden Library, disappearing some place far away.

Watching this unfold, Beatrice shut the door that had been left open.

There was a sound of space ripping apart, followed by the deep silence that descended once again upon the Forbidden Library.
Before Subaru could say anything, the ground beneath him tilted.

The floor under Subaru fissured open with a noise like the ripping of paper. A black space expanded from beneath the floor-tiles, and without a doubt, it was about to send him somewhere by methods other than Door Crossing.

She could even be imprisoning him in some non-existent, hyper-dimensional space.

“——Shit.” It happened the moment he noticed the hole, taking a step back.

The world slanted in earnest, sending Subaru falling backwards following to gravity. The door’s gaping mouth swallowed him, sending him back to the blazing mansion through Door Crossing.
Seeing how the Forbidden Library had changed, Subaru swallowed his breath.

Fissures ran through the floor near the entryway, the hole to the hyper-dimensional space still alive and well. The fallen bookcases had no hopes of recovery, and in fact a portion of the room was up in flames.

Last edited:
Isn't Al Shamak just an elemental spell, what is its relation to RBD ?

Yes there is other dimension, but isolated space is a little vague, is there a proof of it being separate from the universe(not "world") and has its own time ?

Yin magic can do shit like warping space, cutting you from existence, stopping time, transmuting you to crystals and blasting you to isolated dimensional voids
Broken ahh "elemental" magic😭
Yes there is other dimension, but isolated space is a little vague, is there a proof of it being separate from the universe(not "world") and has its own time ?
Ley's authority causes the world to forget about you and you to forget everything about yourself. its also causality manipulation because it removes every trace of your existence, such as Rem's room being treated as an empty guest room and when checked, all her belongings were gone.
Despite this, Beatrice remembered about Rem for a brief period (before she interacted with the outside world) due to being outside the causality of the RZ universe

Al Shamak is stated to be just like the Forbidden Library, a different world. A different dimension. RbD can reach the Forbidden library, which not even the Authority of Gluttony that effects the universe can reach.
Subaru: “Rem wrote the letter. I requested the letter be sent, Crusch-san got the letter, and the delivery itself went though. Only the content disappeared.”

That was the destiny of existences with their names and memories eaten by way of Gluttony's Authority.

When an existence is erased from the world, what remains is a hodgepodge universe riddled with hashings-over. To notice the awriness required conscious awareness of it, but being that the existence was erased, even registering the irregularity was impossible.

In the first place, time-based abilities are assumed to be universal in range, and the timeloops are called worlds.

Agree with some stuff

Unless the library is another separate universe with it's own time that feat will prove that RBD has interdimensional range.

Also, if it was multiversal couldn't Subaru just use it to return to his universe ?

Agree with some stuff

Unless the library is another separate universe with it's own time that feat will prove that RBD has interdimensional range.

Also, if it was multiversal couldn't Subaru just use it to return to his universe ?
How? He can only reverse the time, he cant control his loops

Do you not know what RbD is?

Anyways, the Authority of Gluttony functions by abusing the Od Lagna's mechanisms. The Authority of Gluttony effects the whole universe, thus so does the Od Lagna.

Echidna– the single smartest character in the verse– uses parallel world and parallel universe interchangibly. The Od Lagna is not only the fount of the world, it's an Observer, beings that "view the world as a mere puppet show", "exist within the heavens", "are omnipresent", and "manipulate every event at will".

Do you not know what RbD is?

Anyways, the Authority of Gluttony functions by abusing the Od Lagna's mechanisms. The Authority of Gluttony effects the whole universe, thus so does the Od Lagna.

Echidna– the single smartest character in the verse– uses parallel world and parallel universe interchangibly. The Od Lagna is not only the fount of the world, it's an Observer, beings that "view the world as a mere puppet show", "exist within the heavens", "are omnipresent", and "manipulate every event at will".
An ability like a reset button. Still dodn't answere how Subaru was summmoned just to help prove that their range is above planetary.

How could they have all of this and still stuck in tier 5 ?

Can someone make CRT for the cosmology or Od Lagan' profile ?

An ability like a reset button. Still dodn't answere how Subaru was summmoned just to help prove that their range is above planetary.
He was summoned by Satella
Range is different from AP
I have been talking about that with zab for a while but its just not on his priority list yet
I might make it though

Return by Death isn't a reset button, it's an automatic Authority that is granted to Subaru by the Witch, it resets the world upon Subaru's death. It has specific "save-points" that are random and not chosen by Subaru, if a save-point updates, then that present will be set in stone.

Subaru was brought from his own universe to the new world by the Witch, most likely she used Yin Magic.

I don't really feel a need to get into all the cosmology and Od Lagna stuff, the novel is only half-way done, and I'd rather wait for the story to complete before making a cosmology page.

Return by Death isn't a reset button, it's an automatic Authority that is granted to Subaru by the Witch, it resets the world upon Subaru's death. It has specific "save-points" that are random and not chosen by Subaru, if a save-point updates, then that present will be set in stone.
I wrote "an ability like a reset button" didn't meant an actual object. It's similar to a game when the player die then you have to restart from the last save point.

Does he control those "save points" ?

Reinhard simply believes he is stronger (Metaverse power gg)
That’s not how it works but Bun just goes “Nah you’re stupid, also I hate men so die.” And he implodes on himself (epic lesbian win)

Back