• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Sure, why not-"

"This body is still incomplete. Your goals will become skewered by insanity! YOU ARE THE DESTROYER! Your efforts will never matter with an incomplete body."

"Get out of my head...!" Belial shouted in his own mind, "I can last with this body! I can last... So quit trying to take my body and just let me use your power." Belial thought.

"...Yes, Lance. You can join." Belial said, gripping his head a bit.
(Quick question: why couldn't he go back in time, complete his body, then go back and start shmovin' with a complete body?)

"Sure, why not-"

"This body is still incomplete. Your goals will become skewered by insanity! YOU ARE THE DESTROYER! Your efforts will never matter with an incomplete body."

"Get out of my head...!" Belial shouted in his own mind, "I can last with this body! I can last... So quit trying to take my body and just let me use your power." Belial thought.

"...Yes, Lance. You can join." Belial said, gripping his head a bit.
"Then the powers of myself and Metatron are at your disposal," Lance said, bowing.

"but...you seemed troubled, Belial," Lance said, looking at the demon

"Are you quite alright?"

(Question: Why do you try and make things not fun? That'd be the most boring thing ever.)
(Quick answer: I'm just being logical. You could easily make it exciting still. Maybe Ashenheart...? miscalculated whether or not the completed body would actually be sufficient at mitigating his issues still, or maybe it only irritated or strengthened the Qlipoth/however it's spelled in his body. Just saying there options.)

(Quick answer: I'm just being logical. You could easily make it exciting still. Maybe Ashenheart...? miscalculated whether or not the completed body would actually be sufficient at mitigating his issues still, or maybe it only irritated or strengthened the Qlipoth/however it's spelled in his body. Just saying there options.)
(And I did not choose those options for the sake of the story which is currently moving forward just fine without becoming convoluted, which it would become if I implemented any of that because I'm an idiot. This RP has never been logical.)

(EDIT: Ashenheart...? was also going to try and turn Belial into a controlled weapon had the process been completed, so that point is sort of moot.)

"Ah yes...I heard about the....unfortunate business with Kiara and the rest" For the first time in the conversation, Lance's voice was cold, and slightly agitated, as if he was angry at the demon. Kiara was a friend, after all, someone who he owed a great debt. however, he quickly put on a facade of politeness that he always wore, as he did not want to appear rude.

"Yes...it may be quite too late to convince some of them to join your side, but It wouldn't hurt to at least try and...clear up any misconceptions" Lance said.

"He's wary of you. Nobody will ever forgive you, yah know!? Everybody loves you! Your at fault, but so are they. BURN THEM!"

Belial continued to ignore the voices, "Some of the things I said were true. I do not forgive Rory for all of the things that she has done to me and my sister... And I never will." Belial said, "I also express hatred towards David with a burning passion... But that does not matter."

"Let the hate flow through you, boy! Never let it die."

"To start off... He's an idiot. He accepts absolutely nothing that doesn't fit within his worldview." Belial said, crossing his arms. "He has absolutely no idea how to display sympathy to people who don't agree with him like Rory... Who at this point is the poster girl of mental damage." Belial's voice was filled with more contempt with each finished sentence.

"And worst of all... He fancies himself a hero when in reality he would gladly sacrifice the happiness of everybody just to be with his wife... He always tries to take this moral ******* high-ground that way, it's sick. Does that sound like a person that is particularly likable?" Belial asked.

Belial stared down at the paper, "...."

"What do you tell them? They won't believe you. Some may, some may not."

"...."

"It's as you said, this song and dance of betrayal has happened before. Do you think they're in any state to listen?"

"No, I have nothing to say. If they hear me out, then they do. If they don't, I have no intention of arguing." Belial said.

"As you wish sir. if you ever need assistance, you can contact me anytime" Lance said.

in a puff of smoke, Lance vanished into the air. teleporting outside the castle.

Lance leaned against one of the outer walls of the castle, out of earshot of Belial. he was deep in thought.

"Metatron...."

"Now that you've heard the demons plan, what do you think of him?"

Metatron did not answer for a few seconds, as if he was pondering his answer. "His plan is logically sound... You could probably bring up some ethical problems. What if those who do not make the cut are somehow related to those who do? What if they don't desire to be isolated? Is forcing them away really the right thing to do? That could be brought up... But I care not for it." Metatron said.

"His plan could work. That depends on him, though... He's basically forcing himself into the position of a dictator."

Lance thought about this for a few minutes.

“that is true…very true. Family would be forcefully separated…husband removed from wives..children removed from parents”

Lance began to sweat slightly. Had he really made the right choice? He had been so hung up on if Belial was going to commit a mass genocide, that he forgot to ask more questions. Lance silently cursed his foolishness under his breath.

“there is also something else to consider…” Lance said, after a few moments of thought

“what would become of the society without those of high potential?”

“..he plans on putting them in some secluded area instead of killing them. But would they really be able to thrive with all the talented people removed from their civilization? All the best teachers, all the best doctors, all the best engineers…”

"...."

Lance hesitated for a moment. He was scared of Belial, that was for sure, but he also liked his plan. He wanted to support it. but at the same time....could he? He had no right to preach about ethics, but Belial's plan, when framed with Metatron reasoning, seemed...evil.

"I...I think I will confront him about it. maybe we can talk it through, maybe I'm just overreacting" Lance said nervously. he teleported back into Belial's throne room, and stood in front of the demon once more.

"The answer seems obvious, does it not? I'd have to do so for the better world." Belial said, "It would of course sadden me... I am no monster, after all. But I have to do what is necessary. We can't have the unqualified around to drag the strong down. It is not as if they will be dying." Belial said

"...Whatever could you be talking about?" Belial asked, confused.

"What he is saying is that not everybody in this world desires a paradise... Despite how amazing the idea may be." Metatron said, to Belial.

"Of course, not everybody will agree with me. But I've already resigned myself to this plan-" Belial said before Metatron cut him off.

"Your plan is logically sound, Belial. And it is not a question of the others, but yourself. By going through with this, you are functionally agreeing to bear the hatred and contempt of possibly billions in order to establish a paradise. Before you could achieve it, you would be crushed under the weight of the oppression." Metatron said.

"You will be committing a very elaborate suicide..." He said.

"Thank you Metatron," Lance said, nodding at the angel.

"As you have already seen, while your plan does make logical sense, much of the people of the dream world would be opposed to it"

"Are you really prepared to face all that hatred? the agonized cries of trillions of people as they lament their suffering under your hand?" .

"and what if your breed of "superhumans" rebel against you? you certainly couldn't kill them all off, that would ruin the entire purpose of your plan, but with the amount of hatred and despair they would no doubt feel towards you, it seems rebellion would be increasingly likely, especially early on"

"Then I'll simply have to bear the weight myself..." Belial said swiftly, dismissing them. "I'm rather strong, after all. It isn't like they could kill me." He said.

"Then you would be forced to force them into a position akin to slavery, if you aren't planning to kill them. I am sure you would attract the attention of people that you say 'can actually stop you'..." Metatron said.

"You are strong, correct. Strong to the point you could probably destroy all opposition to your will... But building a paradise is not a burden that a single man can bear alone. It is a group effort that will take many eons to achieve. You either have to bear that hatred and become a monster, or resign yourself to those who wish to simply lend you a helping hand. Like that girl, Kiara... Who still probably desires to help you even now."

Lance nodded.

"Metatron is right. Are you really prepared to become a monster Belial? To keep all those people as your slaves as you build a paradise that only you desire?" Lance said. his nervousness had long since gone. the support and logic of Metatron giving him newfound confidence in his position.

"It's not too late to return to those who love you."

"Yet, if you were to reject me... You would simply suffer until your extinction. This is the best possible outcome, and in such a short time, after all." Belial said, "I will simply bear the burden alone... I resigned myself to that fate."

"That is what this power is for."

"I have the power to grant the wishes of everybody within a few years of time."

"Nothing will stand in your way, you hear!?"

"And I won't stop."

Metatron sighed, "Some people are too far gone. Let's go, mortal."

Lance grimaced.

"It's a shame Belial. your goals truly are noble."

"....but I cannot support them. not after all I've heard." Lance said, turning away from the boy.

"I shall take my leave then. Before your demon lackey makes good on his threat to kill me,"

with a puff of smoke, he disappeared. teleporting back towards the castle where everyone else was located.

Rory left Draedon's lab, teleporting to a faraway planet in a distant galaxy. The planet was completely isolated with no mountains or hills. It was a completely flat grassland, with nothing but the sound of the wind to pierce Rory's ears.

"This is perfect," Rory said, summoning a katana of the highest durability that she could muster, so the sword didn't break on her first swing. Rory gripped the handle as tight as she could, closing her eyes as she cleared her mind of all outside thoughts.

"Mystic Eyes of Ouroboros. Show me Eternity."

Her eyes shot open as they glowed a brilliant hue of blue and green. She had rarely used this technique, especially not for training. The eyes of Ouroboros allowed Rory to look at infinite possibilities, and see infinite move sets, and fight against them.

"Alright, here I go."

She conjured up millions of mental images of every person she had ever seen that was somewhat within her reach. King Tiger, Yharon, Masayoshi and Towa, Power Goddess Mommy, and many others. She began to fight against them in her mind, each person numbering in the millions and still growing.

She trained her skills along with her passive growth, allowing her to grow stronger at a rapid pace. "No... Not enough. Not nearly enough." She thought to herself as her eyes began to bleed.

"I'm still not strong enough... I need a sparring partner and I need one fast." Rory said to herself, deactivating the Mystic Eyes as to not die from overusing them.

"Oi"

A brutish voice altered Rory to his presence, walking up to her. It was a man. Large, muscular, and wearing a simple black shirt and pants. His hair was medium-lengthed and black. Growing shaggily on top of his head.

sVKuFMB_d.webp

"What the hell are ya doing on my training planet!?" the man said. Apparently, he had claimed an entire planet as his own personal training ground. The man looked at Rory with a sneer, until he recognized her face.

"Wait a minute....ain't you that Rory the 6th women everyone talks about?"

Back