• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"It's fine, Ythala... Come, let's get up..." Okita said, slowly getting up and allowing Ythala to climb onto her shoulder if she so desired.
"...." Ythala jumped on her shoulder, wrapping a hand around her neck as she leaned her head against her.

"Okita...." Ythala said quietly. Her voice was softer than a whisper.

"...You...you'll stay with me...right? You...you won't disappear?" She asked. Desperation crept into her voice slightly, though she tried to hide it.

(Hey Azontr, missed it lol)
(I didn't miss it I just didn't say anything cause I assumed Gabriel and Raviathon just went to the bridge afterward.)

"It's fine, Raviathon... You don't have to apologize, just.... Just try and stay strong. You can talk to me if you want to, alright?" Gabriel said as she lead Raviathon to the bridge where everyone else was.
"...." Ythala jumped on her shoulder, wrapping a hand around her neck as she leaned her head against her.

"Okita...." Ythala said quietly. Her voice was softer than a whisper.

"...You...you'll stay with me...right? You...you won't disappear?" She asked. Desperation crept into her voice slightly, though she tried to hide it.
"I am afraid... I cannot promise that, Ythala. We will assuredly face many dangers... And I may indeed perish through these conflicts." Okita said bluntly, "But I will do my best to make sure that I survive."

"I am afraid... I cannot promise that, Ythala. We will assuredly face many dangers... And I may indeed perish through these conflicts." Okita said bluntly, "But I will do my best to make sure that I survive."
Ythala's grip tightened around her, akin to a vice as she pushed herself closer. Her body trembled slightly.

"...Please...please don't die..." She murmured.

(I didn't miss it I just didn't say anything cause I assumed Gabriel and Raviathon just went to the bridge afterward.)

"It's fine, Raviathon... You don't have to apologize, just.... Just try and stay strong. You can talk to me if you want to, alright?" Gabriel said as she lead Raviathon to the bridge where everyone else was.

(Poke)

Ythala's grip tightened around her, akin to a vice as she pushed herself closer. Her body trembled slightly.

"...Please...please don't die..." She murmured.
Okita was unphased by this grip, simply sighing and smiling.

"I will do my best for your sake, Ythala. I will do my best not to die." She said with a gentle smile, looking into Ythala's eyes.

Okita was unphased by this grip, simply sighing and smiling.

"I will do my best for your sake, Ythala. I will do my best not to die." She said with a gentle smile, looking into Ythala's eyes.
Ythala stared at her for a few moments, her eyes flashing with desapir. She couldn't lose another one....she couldn't....

Slowly, she took a shaky breath, trying to focus on Okita's gentle smile in order to calm herself down. After a few moments, she tried to return a smile of her own.

"....Thank you...Okita..." She murmured quietly, her voice trembling a bit.

Ythala stared at her for a few moments, her eyes flashing with desapir. She couldn't lose another one....she couldn't....

Slowly, she took a shaky breath, trying to focus on Okita's gentle smile in order to calm herself down. After a few moments, she tried to return a smile of her own.

"....Thank you...Okita..." She murmured quietly, her voice trembling a bit.
Okita would sigh once more, "It is no problem, Ythala. If it would perhaps calm your nerves, would you like me to carry you?"

Okita would sigh once more, "It is no problem, Ythala. If it would perhaps calm your nerves, would you like me to carry you?"
Ythala's face brightened slightly. She flapped her wings a bit, hovering in front of her so she could scoop her up.

"...That...that would be nice..." She muttered. Her voice was still trembling, yet a small, genuine smile formed on her face.

"Ythala, really, it is fine. I'm just glad that you seem to be feeling better now." Okita said with a smile, "There is no reason to be ashamed of expressing your emotions, after all. Even Angels are weirdly human, it seems..." She said with a chuckle.

Okita sighed, "Because that is what I was born to do, Ythala... My parents, their parents, and their parents have always been this way. Despite our frail bodies, it is all the Souji Family knows how to do. It is our destiny, even, despite how insignificant my job may seem to people such as yourself."

"You did not offend me, Ythala, it is fine." Okita said, "But regardless... I am afraid I cannot agree with you on that. Love is important, yes, but, doing what is right is also important. Protecting others, and keeping the order when necessary, I find all that to be more important than love. I find great joy in it, even."

"...But...what about yourself...?" Ythala said quietly.

"...Protecting others, despite having a frail body...serving other people without yearning for the pleasures of love..." Ythala muttered, trailing off.

"...Is this...truly the life you wish to live?" Ythala asked. She wasn't trying to judge the women...she just couldn't understand. Her way of life so vastly different from how Ythala wished to live hers.

Okita would nod, "Yes, it is, Ythala... I believe that life is a precious thing, a very, very precious thing. If a lowly being such as myself could perhaps contribute to its preservation, even at the cost of my own personal satisfaction, even just a little bit, then perhaps my efforts were not wasteful after all..."

Ythala stared at her for a moment. The way she acted reminded her a bit of some of the angels made by Micheal. Strong and courageous, honorable and kind. She had always thought they were inspiring, in their own way, even if she hated their lifestyle.

"...I...I think...I understand but..." Ythala muttered, trailing off.

"...I..I don't think you're a lowly being..." Ythala muttered, hugging her tightly.

Okita chuckled, "Well, compared to some of the people here, I believe that is where I stand... Many of my new comrades are either deities or at a level of strength and skill I could not yet hope to reach. In comparison, I am... a rather small and insignificant human."

Jack walked through the ship eating a Sandwich after that, he sat in a chair made of plants and then he began to read a book while waiting for the others to go outside.
d7d821e71cfee22c707cce7ffb4a3b164972b30c.png

"hmmm, I'm so bored" he said

Okita chuckled, "Well, compared to some of the people here, I believe that is where I stand... Many of my new comrades are either deities or at a level of strength and skill I could not yet hope to reach. In comparison, I am... a rather small and insignificant human."
"I...I don't think that makes you...insignificant!" She said.

"...You're amazing Okita....you...you may not live as long as us...or have some of their power...but..." Ythala snuggled her closer.

"...I don't think any of that...makes you any less than them..." She said softly.

"I...I don't think that makes you...insignificant!" She said.

"...You're amazing Okita....you...you may not live as long as us...or have some of their power...but..." Ythala snuggled her closer.

"...I don't think any of that...makes you any less than them..." She said softly.
"Then, pray to tell, Ythala... What do you find makes one significant...?" Okita asked, looking into Ythala's eyes.

Okita had no qualms about being considered insignificant or weak. It was a mere fact of life that some are merely created to be greater than others, and it was a fact she'd been taught many times before... But this was the first time she heard somebody think the opposite.

"Why do you believe I am not lesser...?"

"Then, pray to tell, Ythala... What do you find makes one significant...?" Okita asked, looking into Ythala's eyes.

Okita had no qualms about being considered insignificant or weak. It was a mere fact of life that some are merely created to be greater than others, and it was a fact she'd been taught many times before... But this was the first time she heard somebody think the opposite.

"Why do you believe I am not lesser...?"
"....." Ythala thought for a moment.

"...You're heart...." She said softly.

"...The emotions you experience...the relationships you make...the way you treat other people...I...I think that...is what makes someone...significant..." She said...struggling to find the right words for what she was feeling.

"....Their...are deities...being's with power that out outstretch...anyone in this group. " Ythala said. Her body trembled slightly, as if she was recalling a particularly bad memory.

"...yet...compared to you...in all you're kindness...and grace...and....beauty..."

"...There nothing...."

Okita would remain silent the rest of the way, simply pondering Ythala's words.

"One's... heart..." She thought to herself, contemplating what it meant. All her life Okita had prioritized strength above all else. Yes, she valued feelings and love, but, she had long since acknowledged that she was born as a small, fragile human girl with nothing special going for her... Barring her speed, at least. She didn't think that she needed to be more than that, really. She worked hard, and got to this level, and even if she was insignificant in comparison to others who had maybe worked harder, or had been born with better abilities, so what? It wasn't a problem for her. But for the first time she...

She didn't want to accept being lesser. "Maybe I'm..." Okita thought to herself, before being cut off by Rory.

"Finally, you guys are here. Ready to go?" She asked while Kiara waved at them both with a smile.

"Y-yeah! We're ready!" Ythala said, waving at Kiara. Though she still clung closely to Okita.

"Awww, they make for a cute pair...don't they?" Masayoshi telepathically told David, both having arrived beforehand.

David chuckled, glancing at Masayoshi and nodding.

"Heh, yeah. Glad she got someone lookin' out for her." He thought back.

Lance flashed the pair a friendly smile, standing near the back of the group.

"I thought you were having last-minute "times" together!" Yharon jokingly said

"Regardless I'll be staying here, as we don't have contact with Draedon someone will need to Man the ship, I'll be in touch with its comms." Yharon said, unhappy he couldn't come with in person, but accepting it as Rhongomyniad flashed him a understanding look

"Jeez, you sure you both aren't like a certain pair I know?" Raviathon said, referring to Gabriel and Terevion, causing him to sigh

Cullthane remained completely silent and brooding, not even sparing a glance towards Metatron, causing Raviathon to visibly wince a little out of his view

Jack sighed when he saw Okita and Ythala, for a minute he thought, was this angel controlling the captain's feelings? but then he put that aside, while he let things happen, he really didn't like watching others have fun that he could never achieve, something that annoyed several of his weapons but they didn't say anything

Back