• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Gabriel simply let out a sigh from the now grim mood that Metatron had inadvertently established, "Thank you for uh... Telling me about my family, even if they're dead." Gabriel said, thanking Metatron. "Let's head back."

Meanwhile...

As David was walking through the base, he noticed Atalanta holding her bow, pointing it at over a dozen targets. Her eyes were stern, cold, but also focused as she launched multiple arrows from her bow, each arrow perfectly hitting their target with pinpoint accuracy.

Patxi dashed past David and walked up to Atalanta, "Big Sis, we've finished burying the dead..." He said.

Atalanta nodded at Patxi, "Good... That's good." Atalanta said with a strained voice, "How many do we have left...?" She asked.

"Soldiers? We have 46 left from that battle. Citizens in the town? We have 117 still alive." Patxi grimly informed Atalanta, to which she let out a deep sigh, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration with various bags under her eyes.

"Alright... Do you have anything on Adolf Hitler's location...?" Atalanta asked Patxi, to which he shook his head.

"No, we don't have an exact location... Those newcomers did say they followed his ship into the country, so we know he came here around 32 hours ago." Patxi said, "The wave was far more hectic than usual, Big Sis. His presence in Russia must be doing something to the roots-" Atalanta cut him off.

"Thank you for letting me know, Patxi..." She said, Patxi clearly knowing that she wanted him to give her some time to process the info. He nodded and then walked away.

She let out a simple sigh of frustration and then went back to practicing her archery.

David sighed, scratching his head. He wasn't attached to anyone here...and a part of him didn't want to get involved at all. He wasn't trying to play the hero, not anymore. But...it felt wrong, not to say anything after hearing such dire information. He continued watching for a while, hoping to gver her time to process, before speaking.

"...Hey. uh, my group will probably be around for a bit. If you need help with anything...I'm sure any of us would be happy to assist." David said, watching as she shot her targets.

"You don't do anything because you don't care about anything," Atalanta said as she slowly added more power into her shots.

"Because all you want to do is be useful, you don't care about anything else. You don't fight for a cause, or to protect anybody. You don't care about allies, you don't care about these people, nor our hardships, or anything. If you didn't have to, you wouldn't even be here. You'd let all of these people die. And for what?" Atalanta said.

"Did that answer your question?"

David looked at her for a moment.

"Atlanta...I've been through a lot of shit, alright?" David said flatly.

"So I'm sorry if I appear apathetic to you and your group. I just have had enough with caring about people who I barely know. It leads to nothing but pain, and I ain't going through that shit again." David said.

"I fight to prove that I've changed. and to be with the people I care about. If that's the problem you have with me, then I understand, but I don't care. David said.

David shrugged.

“Alright” he said simply. He turned away, walking away from Atlanta.

“I’m starting to get lectured by people I’ve just met about caring about people…” David thought

“…First Kiara, now Atlanta…they don’t understand…they couldn’t understand. I ******* can’t do that anymore. I…I can’t let myself care about them…” David thought. He opened the hatch of the base, and sat outside of it, assuming he was no longer welcome.

Atalanta simply went back to practicing her archery.

"Somebody is feisty today." A voice said to her.

"He's unnecessary." She said back to the voice, her eyes still stern.

"True." The voice said, snickering. "The next wave should be coming in the next 6 hours."

"That fast, huh. How strong will it be?" She asked the voice.

"Stronger than before, at least. No big enemies like last time, but it'll be overwhelming due to the sheer number." The voice said.

"Alright," Atalanta said casually.

"This attitude of yours is so not cute... At least display a bit more frustration than usual! Like the day when we became one and swore revenge! Where's that unfathomable rage, my dear Atalanta?" The voice asked, continuing to snicker maniacally.

"Shut up, you mere beast." Atalanta said, walking out of the room. "We have 6 hours! Discern Hitler's location before then!" Atalanta shouted for everybody in the base to hear her.

"Yes ma'am!" The soldiers responded.

David sighed, sitting outside the base.

"....what the hell am I going to do now..." David muttered. Glancing around. He had effectively kicked himself out of the base, and assumed Atlanta wouldn't take kindly to him going back in.

"....I could've worded that better. I didn't need to be so blunt with her..." David muttered. he sighed, standing up, stretching slightly.

"...well...I guess I won't be able to help anyone for a while..." David thought. Idly, he glanced over at the village.

"....those are the people she's fighting for...aren't they...?" David thought.

"....maybe I can visit the village while I'm out here...I could make myself useful by helping them out or something..." David muttered. It was better than sitting there doing nothing.

Meanwhile

"Da Vinci, are you able to locate Hitler?" Lance asked, having returned to the base.

"Nope!" Da Vinci said, "We'll need the blood of somebody who's seen his face in the past week, and around 3 strong mages to perform a ritual to discern his location."

Atalanta didn't know who this weird voice was but decided to answer anyway, "Some of the people here are magicians."

"Good! Lance, you'll be the one to give up your blood. Gabriel and Cullthane and whoever Atalanta gets can perform the ritual." Da Vinci said.

"Nope!" Da Vinci said, "We'll need the blood of somebody who's seen his face in the past week, and around 3 strong mages to perform a ritual to discern his location."

Atalanta didn't know who this weird voice was but decided to answer anyway, "Some of the people here are magicians."

"Good! Lance, you'll be the one to give up your blood. Gabriel and Cullthane and whoever Atalanta gets can perform the ritual." Da Vinci said.
Lance sighed.

"How much blood do you need?" Lance asked wearily, holding his arm outward.

"That's interesting... " Masayoshi said, "I was going to try something, but I guess it doesn't matter now. Go ahead..."

Masayoshi merely let them do what they were planning, approaching David.

"Honey, could I have a word with you?" She said to him.
David glanced at Masayoshi. he wiped his face and flashed her a smile, trying to appear in a better mood than he really was.

"Hey, honey! What do you need?" David asked.

David glanced at Masayoshi. he wiped his face and flashed her a smile, trying to appear in a better mood than he really was.

"Hey, honey! What do you need?" David asked.
"What's wrong with you?" Masayoshi said, "I overheard that conversation you had about not fighting for anything. Normally, you fight for, well, me, and other people... What's wrong?"

"What's wrong with you?" Masayoshi said, "I overheard that conversation you had about not fighting for anything. Normally, you fight for, well, me, and other people... What's wrong?"
David's smile left his face, as he glanced away.

"It's...nothing honey. I just...I just have been going through a lot...mentally, alright?" David said. scratching his head.

"Don't worry...I still fight...because I love you, honey. And I want to be the best man I can be for you. That will never change. I will always fight for you." David said, smiling at her again.

"Hey, gotta do what you gotta do, man," Gabriel said, shrugging. Assuming Femboy #2 had cut his wrist, Gabriel drew a golden magical circle around the small puddle of blood, and after yadayada furry hentai ritual boom bang watta watta ting tang bang bang ritual done.

"Looks like he's traveling around the far East..." Gabriel said.

David's smile left his face, as he glanced away.

"It's...nothing honey. I just...I just have been going through a lot...mentally, alright?" David said. scratching his head.

"Don't worry...I still fight...because I love you, honey. And I want to be the best man I can be for you. That will never change. I will always fight for you." David said, smiling at her again.
"Fair... I can understand that. Just, feel free to talk about it with me, OK?" Masayoshi said, "I can already see what you're thinking, so we might as well talk about it so you're not shouldering these things alone..."

"Fair... I can understand that. Just, feel free to talk about it with me, OK?" Masayoshi said, "I can already see what you're thinking, so we might as well talk about it so you're not shouldering these things alone..."
David smiled at her, slowly wrapping her in a hug.

"Alright, honey. Thank you...for being there for me, alright? You...you keep me going..." David said.

"...It's just been rough. Really rough...going through this. I guess...I've just had enough....ya know?"

"it's getting harder and harder...to care about people...to care about anyone...aside from you..."

David smiled at her, slowly wrapping her in a hug.

"Alright, honey. Thank you...for being there for me, alright? You...you keep me going..." David said.

"...It's just been rough. Really rough...going through this. I guess...I've just had enough....ya know?"

"it's getting harder and harder...to care about people...to care about anyone...aside from you..."
"I know..." Masayoshi said, "But the true mark of a hero is if they keep going even if people don't treat them like one, or even if they don't feel like one... I got that one from a Masayoshi that was actually a vigilante before entering in the Dream World. But the point is, just keep going."

"I know..." Masayoshi said, "But the true mark of a hero is if they keep going even if people don't treat them like one, or even if they don't feel like one... I got that one from a Masayoshi that was actually a vigilante before entering in the Dream World. But the point is, just keep going."
David looked at her for a second.

"Masayoshi...I'm not sure...I want to be a hero anymore." David said, glancing at the ground.

"I thought I could be. I thought after all that training, after everything I've gone through, I thought I could be a hero again but..." David trailed off.

"I'm just...so tired. Of caring about people, of trying to be a hero for people I barely know. of failing, and watching those people get hurt" David said.

"I just..don't see a point anymore"

"Alright. Thanks, uh... I uh, never got any of your names barring the wrestler guy." Atalanta said.

"The guy with the aircraft is Yharon, the guy who I was using as a staff is Cullthane, the guy with the weird hands is Lance, I'm Gabriel, the white-haired woman and the one she sticks with a lot are Rory and Kiara," Gabriel said.

Atalanta nodded, "Alright. I'll gather an attack force immediately then."

Back