• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Kiara let out one more sigh, "Alright, David..." She understood what he meant. She understood not wanting to hurt anybody, or wanting to save everybody, or wanting your loved ones to be happy, but, she could not support standing idly by.

Kiara simply walked away.

Later...

The group including a large battalion of Yaga soldiers had gathered up at a large gate, assuming David had refused to join them, which led to a village where Atalanta swiftly provided rations to citizens both human and Yaga. It was small, so were the houses, but it was enough.

"....." Atalanta simply remained silent as she provided food for the various children of the village, knowing that soon a people would start.

"Atalante, I know you don't trust us, but can you tell us what's going on? What's the threat?" Rory asked.

"...." She continued to remain silent.

David stood there, watching Kiara walk away.

"That's right...I can do nothing." David thought, he collapsed onto the ground of the base, watching everyone leave.

“Nothing….yeah…nothing!”

"Who says I have to help these people or even try to contribute!? I'm just a guy. I'm just someone who tried to do something he never should have started..." David thought.

"....So what...if there's a threat going on? So what if people die? I...I won't be there. It won't be my fault. I can stay here, alone. and just...do nothing..." David thought to himself.

"Ha...yeah, I'm just a civilian. I'm just a bystander. They don't need me. Leave the work to the gods, to the real heros, to anyone else..." David said. For some reason, tears began to fall from his cheeks. He didn't care if there was people left in the base to see, he was too far gone.

"....I'm useless...and being useless is better then hurting people..." David muttered. He reached up and slowly began tugging at his hair.

“...Useless…” David repeated in his thoughts. Again and again and again, the word flash in his mind

"No more blood...no more blood on my hands." David thought

"Of course, Rory won't respect me, and Kiara won't respect me, and Dreadon will call me a dumbass, and I'll never talk to Gabriel again. But so what? who needs them? who needs ANY of them? I could just stay here...alone." David thought, the grip on his hair strengthening as he began to pull.

“...alone…” David repeated in his mind.

"...Yeah...yeah yeah yeah.....Masayoshi could leave me to, right? Why would she want to stay with a useless sack of shit like me? Who would? she'll find a man, a better man." A clump of his hair tore off of his skull, blood spilling from his head as he idly dropped it to the ground.

"And once she's gone...I'll truly be alone, and I can finally...end it. I can just...sever all my ties with everyone and end it all. As I should have done a long ******* time ago...like I should have done after the desert." David thought, nodding to himself rapidly, as if he was listening to his own, private conversation.

"Good...good good good. I'll stop...doing anything...I'll stop existing. Maybe...maybe that was the answer all along." David muttered.

"Ha! I sure wish I came to that answer back then...I would have saved myself so much ******* WORK." David thought. His hand reached up suddenly, his claws digging into his skull as he sobbed quietly.

"I wonder what they'll all say, when they find the body huh?"

"Oh, the idiot finally decided to off himself! Good riddance! That's what Gabriel would probably say. Rory probably wouldn't say anything, just glare at my body and move on. Maybe Masayoshi would cry. But who am I KIDDING? She'd probably be relieved that she wasn't chained down by a useless idiot like me anymore!" David thought.

David stared blankly at the ground for a moment, tears flowing down his body.

"...Just like when my parents died...just like then. I'll just...not do anything. Let the people die. Maybe they'll all die."

"......."

"......"

"......"

David laid on the floor for a while. Blood and tears mingled on his face, flowing from his skull and cheek.

"...but I don't want to die." David muttered.

"...I...I want to stay with Masayoshi. I want to hold her...I want to kiss her..." David thought.

"and...and I don't want to do anything. I want to help, I want to be useful. I...."

"I....I like helping people. I...I don't want the desert to happen again...but...I don't want anyone else to cause something like I did...either..."

"....I...if I don't try....wouldn't I still be responsible for the deaths I could have prevented...? David thought. He didn't have the answer to that. Not that he thought he could.

"......."

".....One more try...." David muttered. shakily, he stood to his feet, his head nearly hitting the ceiling as he stood to his full height.

"...I'll join....I'll join the group, for one last mission..." David muttered dimly.

"...If...if I **** up, like I did with the desert. If I endanger my comrades...If I do anything to screw up this fight..."

"...It's over."

Slowly...David made his way out of the hatch, following the trail in the snow the soldiers had left, eventually reaching their location.

David approached the gate, watching as Atalanta fed the citizens. He said nothing, but prepared for battle, though he didn't know what was coming. The tears and blood on his face had dried at this point, giving him a disheveled appearance, yet his eyes were firm.

Lance idly smoked a cigar, creating various weapons with Metatron's powers as he waited anxiously for whatever would come.

Patxi walked up to the group, "Don't mind her, she's just distrustful of you guys still. She'll get over it soon." He said, leading them to the outskirts of the small town, an enormous tree root that was seeped in mystical power covering the exit.

"A root of the Fantasy Tree..." Da Vinci said.

"It produces a wave of monstrous golems made from crystals every day, each stronger than the last. We're doing our best to fight them off, but one can only do so much with such a limited amount of resources..." Patxi said.

"Why do you think you were brought here? They come out by the low-hundreds at the start so be ready!" Patxi shouted, letting out a loud howl, which seemed to be some sort of code for the other soldiers who took an elaborate formation, Atalanta staying on top of a snowy hill holding her bow, clearly for ranged support.

Gabriel stayed with Reinhard, crossing her arms. "Do you remember everything that I told you?" She asked him.

"...I feel like my brain was just assaulted with nearly all the information about magic that the world has to offer and I have a brain-splitting headache, but yeah, I think I remember..." Reinhard said, Gabriel smiling as he held Cullthane in his weapon form. Reinhard simply sighed, rubbing his head from his headache. He was grateful she was willing to teach him, but his head was in intense pain.

Hank set up multiple large ballista cannons in the backline, with some help from Rory, given they were way too large for him to set up on his own. "Is this good enough?" She asked Hank, who nodded.

"This should be good enough," Hank said with signs as he took out some of Metatron's feathers.

"Wait, you still HAVE those!?" Metatron shouted from the other side of the battlefield, noticing Hank placing the feathers on the enormous bolts, the feathers seeping into the material, the bolts becoming laced with various mystical sigils.

"Yep." He said with signs.

"Not specifically, no, I just generally have an enormous amount of energy and I guess that cretin thought my feathers would be the most convenient tool...." Metatron said.

"Here they come!!" Patxi shouted out as those energy droplets like before began to shoot out a rapid pace akin to a machine gun, golems being formed from said droplets almost instantaneously, creating over 100 of them within a few minutes.

"ah! I see" Lance nodded. He aimed his crossbow downward towards the Golems as they appeared, before beginning to fire off bolts at a rapid pace, the bolts piercing through multiple Golems as Metatron's power ripped them apart.

David raised his arms, before slamming to the ground, creating an intense field of gravity around each individual Golem, slowing their movements and making them easier for his allies to target. Unlike in the desert, he wasn't targeting the area itself. Rather, he manipulated the gravitational fields directly around Golems. This method required much more precision and effort, but also eliminated the possibility of innocent people being crushed.

"Alright...I can do this...Just...focus on how I can help..." David muttered to himself, intensifying the gravity around the Golems, sweat forming on his body from the effort of targeting so many Golems at once.

While the golems were destroyed by Lance, they kept coming out stronger and faster, their neon glow making them visible even through the intense blizzard that surrounded the entirety of Russia. David was slowing them down, yes, but that didn't mean their strength was decreased, defying even the laws of gravity and powering through.

Rory batted dozens of the golems away with a long katana she had created, working in tandem with Kiara who was using concentrated explosions to lower their numbers, noticing that David was having a hard time focusing on so many targets.

As more of the golems were obliterated, the gravitational effect on those remaining only strengthened, David being able to focus on a smaller number of them thanks to Kiara's efforts. Seeing a group of Golems approach him, David clenched one of his fists, before viciously striking at several of the approaching Golems, using his muscle control to increase his strength while he tried to maintain his gravitational abilities. He was already panting slightly, the gravity taxing his stamina, but was intent on going all out to help his allies during the battle.

Lance teleported above a group of golems and created a grenade. Imbuing it with Metatron's power, he threw it into the group, the grenade exploding as he teleported back to where he was standing, loading more bolts into his crossbow as he did so.

The waves continued to become stronger and faster, one of the golems dashing up to David and punching him in the stomach, breaking his arms if he attempted to block, sending him flying back. Lance could indeed shred the waves of golems to bits with Metatron's power, but the rate at which they continued to appear was growing as if the Fantasy Tree's root was adapting as the golems it produced were destroyed.

"Big sis!!" Patxi shouted out to Atalanta, who was still standing on top of the snowy hill, gripping her bow and aiming it downward. Patxi smiled, noticing that she had begun charging up an attack.

Atalanta's aim was perfectly calculated, her eyes zoned in on at the point in the golem army where she wouldn't damage her allies, firing out a string of purple energy that violently exploded upon contact with a single golem, vaporizing a large portion of them.

Atalanta's support made the battle much easier, but even then, the enemies kept coming.

"Damnit! They just don't end...!!" Kiara said, Gabriel and Reinhard providing healing to any injured.

David's arms were indeed broken by the Golem. Yet he didn't stop. Like a madman, he plunged himself into the diminished army of Golems, continuing to pressure them with his gravity to slow their movements. Using nothing but his teeth and feet, he proceeded to viciously bite and kick through a group of Golems, blood streaming from his body. He needed this, he needed to fight, he needed to help, and he wasn't stopping until every bone in his body had broken. His actions seemed devoid of reasoning...but that wasn't the case. He'd periodically glance at Atlanta and his ranged allies, making sure to stay out of their way as he continued his onslaught.

Lance continued to launch barrage after barrage of attacks at the Golems, feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of them. He dropped his crossbow and began summoning dozens of throwing knives, amplifying them with Metatron's power before throwing a volley of them towards the Golem's destroying multiple of them as the army continued to emerge.

Hank launched the enormous ballistae he had prepared before, launching them all in unison with the pulling of a lever, helping to destroy the wave of golems that only continued to come out. Atalanta noticed that David was attempting to stay out of her way, charging another shot, firing it towards the wave of monsters, and vaporizing another portion, the wave slowly being chipped away.

"Everybody, I'm detecting enemies from below!!" Da Vinci shouted out to everybody who was in the telepathic link.

"From below? The Golems can move underground?" Lance muttered, he turned his attention away from the remaining wave, glancing at the nearby terrain. Ready in case anything sprouted upward.

David began backing away, blood flowing from his body as he staggered backward. He knew he couldn't handle both the remaining Golems and underground assailants, so he chose to retreat slightly, as he waited for the enemies to reveal themselves, also using the opportunity to catch his breath.

Atalanta jumped into the air and off of the snowy hill, aiming her bow for the ground below her as she suspended herself in the air with wings made from dark energy.

The ground below them violently erupted, revealing not just mere golems, but an enormous worm-like creature comprised of neon crystals, letting out a roar that shook the very earth below them but did not reach the village due to previous fortifications.

The worm targeted Reinhard first, "Damn...!" Reinhard dashed away from Gabriel to instantaneously draw the worm's attention, jumping into the air so it didn't target the soldiers who were on the ground, who had been severely injured when the thing had emerged. Reinhard tore off his uniform as a German Soldier and used it as a distraction to lure the worm, landing on top of its head and covering his fist in a gauntlet made of light, slamming his fist into its skull with pin-point accuracy, creating a large dent on its head, but, still a mere dent.

"Damn... It's durable." Reinhard thought, jumping off of the worm and falling next to David, providing healing. His newfound skills had shown that he was no longer a normal human after Gabriel's training, astonishing even her, "I don't remember teaching him any of that..." Gabriel thought.

The worm chewed through Reinhard's uniform and began to attack indiscriminately, letting out roars of rage and fervor, Atalanta keeping herself suspended in the air as Rory encased the worm in ice, slowing down its movements somewhat.

"David will slow down its movements with me, Lance will use Metatron's power to hurt it," Rory said as she was clearly applying great physical effort to keep the thing in place.

David nodded At Rory's orders. He lifted his gravity manipulation on the Golems. Instead, he focused solely on the giant worm, directly all of his gravitational energy towards slowing it down while Rory froze it. Sweat began running from his body as he pumped his gravity manipulation to its maximum extent.

"..I won't fail...I can do this..." David muttered.

At the same time, Lance would jump into the air, creating a large number of sharp Shurikens that were amplified with Metatron's power, before throwing them at the worm. attempting to weaken it as the Shurkiens pierced into its body.

As David released his gravitational force off of the other golems they began to swarm him and Rory, Kiara jumped in and released an enormous explosion towards the golem swarm in order to allow both of them to continue holding the golem in place.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

The worm let out a monstrous screech akin to that of a human's as it turned to Lance, energy building up near its grotesque mouth as it released an enormous beam of blue energy towards Lance, Atalanta finally firing her shot towards it as she utilized Lance as a distraction to hit it dead-on, adding onto the damage Reinhard had caused.

Even then, Lance's weapons plowed through the beam of energy with no problem, hitting the worm along with Atalanta's attack. Along with its already slowed movements, this made it easier to hit, but as it flailed around, the beam of energy struck Lance in his arm, easily shredding through the barrier's Metatron made to protect his contractor and nearly cutting off Lance's arm.

"Thanks Kiara..." David thought, continuing to hold the worm down alongside Rory. Blood began to flow from his nose as he gritted his teeth, pushing his Gravity manipulation past his limits as he tried to weigh down the creature further.

Lance grimaced, letting out a groan of pain as the energy pierced his arm. blood flowed from his open wound as he glanced down at what remained of his limb.

"...It can even pierce through Metatron's shields..." Lance thought. He was shaken, but he knew he had to continue fighting. He began teleporting around rapidly, attempting to confuse the worm and making him harder to target. At the same time, he would take out several long daggers amplified with Metatron's power, stabbing them into the creature as he continued to teleport, hoping to slash through its body and weaken it further. He was careful to avoid teleporting in front of the town, in case the worm attempted to launch an attack in that direction.

As the worm flailed around both Gabriel and Atalanta began to bombard it, Atalanta with her arrows, Gabriel with beams of light, Atalanta clearly providing more damage. But this only caused it to flail around even more, eventually breaking out of Rory's ice with a loud roar and overpowering David's gravity, "Agh!!" Rory let out a screech of pain as she was blown back, Kiara catching her.

"You alright, honey?" Kiara asked while continuing to fight off the wave of golems, the worm screeching from the trio of Atalanta, Gabriel, and Lance's attacks. But suddenly, the worm hit Gabriel with her tail faster than she could react, causing her to groan in pain, launching her into one of Lance's attacks and causing him to pierce her and not the worm.

"Yeah, I'm alright, Kiara...!" Rory responded to her wife, watching as Lance inadvertently pierced Gabriel's side. Clearly, the worm was smarter than it looked.

"Damnit, Lance!!" Gabriel shouted, holding her wound as she gritted her teeth.

David staggered back but....he continued to press his gravity onto the creature. Pushing far beyond his body's limits. wounds began to open up on his body and blood spilled from his mouth and nose. It was as if he was being crushed by the sheer gravitational force that he was trying to use against the Worm, attempting to overpower it once more as he tried desperately to slow the creature.

"...I....won't....fail..." David thought, his teeth clenched as his blood pooled all around him.

"Sorry Gabriel!" Lance shouted. He touched the dagger, removing Metatron's magic from it as he looked back at the worm.

"....It's no mere animal...it planned to launch you into my attack to injure you..." Lance muttered.

he dropped the daggers from his hand, and created a large katana in one hand. Dashing forward, he delivered a vicious slash to the worms body, Metatron's power making up for his lack of physical strength. If the monster would use his projectile against him, he would go into melee.

The worm continued to let out monstrous screams as it was continuously attacked by the trio, David's gravitational pull continuing to slow it down to an extent, making it far easier to hit than if it was blindly flailing around.

Suddenly, the beast released a pulse of energy as it began to gather an energy blast near it's mouth again, this time far stronger than before as the energy radiated off of its body, akin to radiation.

Atalanta descended to the ground, "Everybody, take cover!! It's trying a last-ditch effort!" She shouted.

"You heard Big Sis!! Everybody down!!" Patxi shouted out, running for some sort of cover.

Lance nodded, falling to the ground and dashing away from the creature, finding cover underneath a hill.

David coughed up blood, holding his gravity on top of the creature as he slowly moved his damaged body behind a wall, slumping against it as he tried to keep his focus. He didn't know what the creature was doing, but he hoped that if he prevented it from moving freely, the damage would be minimized.

Gabriel sneered as she looked around for cover, but instead stayed there. "GABRIEL, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" Rory shouted out as she and Kiara took cover, Hank and Reinhard heading over with them.

"Tell David I'll thank him later," Gabriel said as she noticed the worm's movements being slowed down, which prevented it from properly aiming its energy blast, which was pivotal for her plan, as she didn't want the worm to aim at the town.

Atalanta stared at Gabriel as she took cover, seeming somewhat confused, but also impressed.

David slowly glanced behind his cover, noticing that she hadn't move away from the worm.

"...W-what..?" David muttered, unsure what she was doing. He continued to press the creature downward, hoping that whatever Gabriel was planning, the gravity would aid her. Blood began to fall from his eyes as he felt his bones creak and fracture from the gravitational energy he was controlling.

The worm let out the loudest screech at had released during the battle and released the enormous supply of energy it had been storing towards Gabriel, Gabriel sweating profusely. She didn't know if her plan was going to work, but she was going to bet on it, Rory's shouts were drowned out by the sound of the energy blast.

"Alright... Here I go...!"

Gabriel's wings sprouted out from her body, covered in golden electricity. "Don't tell me...?" Metatron thought to himself. "She's going to use her wings to absorb the energy...!?" He shouted out as Gabriel made direct contact with the blast.

Lance stared in amazement.

"She's absorbing the energy of that...thing? But it was strong enough to pierce through your barriers, how can she handle that much power....?" Lance said.

David meanwhile, kept holding the creature down as Gabriel continued to execute her plan. His vision blurred as his body began to fall apart. He hoped that Gabriel's plan would work, he couldn't hold worm down for much longer.

As Gabriel took the brunt of the energy blast, she covered her entire body in her wings like a sphere. That energy blast contained the sheer power comparable to that of an atomic bomb, taking it head-on was completely out of the question. And with that...

"Aaaagh!!!" Gabriel let out groans of pain that could even be heard through the sound the energy blast created, the radiation-like energy seeping through her wings. But somehow, her wings began to absorb the blue energy blast, the radius of the blast that would usually be comparable to an atomic bomb swiftly lowering as to not completely vaporize the surroundings.

"Just a bit longer!"

And eventually-

"Done..."

The energy blast was completely absorbed by Gabriel's wings, her body pulsing with neon energy, her halo far larger than usual with various golden sigils floating around it, her crimson eyes now a deep golden.

"What the hell..." Rory thought to herself, "How did she absorb that much energy..?"

Atalanta took no time to ponder how Gabriel was capable of absorbing so much energy with practically no injuries, immediately going back to attacking the beast who was also clearly astonished but also weakened, David being capable of weighing it down far easier than before.

"...by Jove..." Lance muttered. He jumped out of his cover, realizing that now was the chance to strike the beast. Taking out his katana, he launched himself towards the worm, delivering a vicious cut to its body as he tried to cleave through it once more.

David panted, glancing at Gabriel as he continued to hold down the creature, her absorption allowing him to continue to contain the beast despite his injuries.

"...Is she alright....?" David thought.

Slowly, he brought himself to his feet, staggering slightly as he turned back towards the beast. He unleashed more gravity towards it, hoping that they could take it out quickly in its weakened state.

"Gabriel risked her life to save us...the least I can do is do the same..." David thought, coughing up more blood as he pressed onto the creature even harder than before with his gravity.

Rory jumped out before Kiara, going to attack the worm with her sword strikes that were coated in Silver Aura, massively increasing her strength against supernatural creatures, which would include the worm obviously. Gabriel didn't move, simply staring at the ground.

"It's crumbling!!" Patxi yelled out as the wave of golems finally stopped, the worm crumbling into chunks of crystals along with the rest of the golems.

Nobody cared to answer David's question as Gabriel stood as still as a statue.

"...Patxi, how many did we lose?" Atalanta asked Patxi, her face stern.

Patxi let out a sigh, "This time, we lost 12 of our own." He responded.

Atalanta simply let out a sigh as well, "And the village? Is it safe?"

"It's safe, yeah. No any real lethal damage..." Patxi said.

"...Good." Atalanta responded.

David sighed, closing his eyes.

"....We managed to protect the village..." David thought. He continued to lay on the ground, blood flowing from his body, he didn't do this to earn their trust, he didn't care if they didn't like him.

"....I...I helped defeat the worm...my efforts....they meant something...I...I helped protect those people..." David thought. Despite everything that happened, he smiled slightly, tuning out what was happening around him as he slowly drifted into unconsciousness.

Gabriel continued to stand completely still akin to a statue.

"Gabriel...? Are you alright...?" Rory asked her, going over to nudge her on the shoulder.

"Don't touch her!" Metatron shouted, grabbing Rory by the wrist before she could touch Gabriel as he went into human form. Rory turned to Metatron, a look of slight annoyance in her eyes.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Do you have any idea the scale of the energy Gabriel just absorbed? That blast was capable of leveling an entire town just as an atomic bomb would, and Gabriel holds that power within her. She'll need a few hours to process the energy so she doesn't vaporize the area by twitching, she'd kill everyone here, and herself given she can't possibly utilize that much power..." Metatron said.

"Oh... Alright then." Rory said, stepping away from Gabriel.

Back