• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"....................." The woman glared at the group, specifically Lance who had a Seraphim bound to him and also had been the one to answer her question. Her eyes were fiery, filled with rage towards Hitler and his Empire, and thus, she seemed clearly distrustful of the group even with this reassurance from Lance.

"...Alright..." She said, gripping her grotesque bow. "I am... Atalanta... I lead a rebellion against Adolf Hitler and his German Empire..." She said, her voice laced with suspicion and distrust.

Atalanta scanned the group. She was still distrustful, but she understood that they clearly shared her goal...

"...You invaded Berlin...? Good." Atalanta said, smiling at hearing this news. Clearly, her rage towards the Ruler of Germany was apparent.

"Follow me..." She said, dashing through the blizzard, even further North.

"Could be. Considering the cunning he's displayed he may just be trying to lure the rebellion into getting themselves ******." Da Vinci said.

"Better for me. I was planning to lure that guy here anyway." Atalanta said, waving her hand, hundreds upon thousands of invisible traps that littered the vicinity of over 50km around them, making it so that they wouldn't harm the group. Not until she truly confirmed they were trustworthy, at least.

Rory let out a cold sigh as she ran, unbothered by the cold. "She's... Peculiar. Is she one of the Yaga?" Rory asked Da Vinci through telepathy.

Da Vinci swiftly responded, "It seems to be so, although, the cat ears should probably give it away. Weird, as from my readings, she's part Demonic Boar, not lion or cat..." Da Vinci said.

Rory simply shrugged, "Alright. I'll be sure to ask her some questions later, then." Rory thought back.

David's natural Adaption began to activate, his body beginning to produce more heat to regulate itself, allowing David to quickly acclimate to the climate around him. He stopped shivering, feeling his body rapidly warm. A small amount of fur began growing on his skin, giving him insulation akin to a winter jacket.

Lance glanced at Metatron.

"What do you think of her, Metatron? She's quite the...strange individual." Lance said telepathically

The group then fell into a large base made of the hardest steel that could be made on the Earth, various Yaga, humanoid animal-people basically, performing a variety of tasks within the base. Some sharpened swords or made ranged weapons, some trained themselves through intense physical punishment, and some would simply sit in despair, contemplating their situation.

"Cool..." Rory said, turning to Kiara, who was staring in awe at the establishment, and at the smell of blood, sweat, and tears, all the effort that went into maintaining this base was awe-inspiring to her.

"....Welcome...." Atalanta said.

"Since the beginning of the war..." Atalanta said, a man/furry walking up to Atalanta. "Big sis, we've got another one coming."

sample-9f92c07a2e2ebfd85a38f880b47c0adb.jpg

Atalanta nodded, "Prepare then. Thank you for letting me know, Patxi." She responded.

(you can't hide from the truth, Azontr)

"Since the beginning of the war..." Atalanta said, a man/furry walking up to Atalanta. "Big sis, we've got another one coming."

sample-9f92c07a2e2ebfd85a38f880b47c0adb.jpg

Atalanta nodded, "Prepare then. Thank you for letting me know, Patxi." She responded.

David nodded, glancing at the Atalanta as she spoke to the man.

"...is something going on?" He asked

(Bruh momentum.)

Atalanta turned away from David as multiple soldiers prepared themselves for what seemed to be battle, Atalanta throwing her quiver over to one of the blacksmiths so they could sharpen her arrows.

"It uh... Doesn't seem like she's in a talking mood..." Reinhard said, who felt like he should attempt to approach her, but realized that him being a former German Soldier may make that difficult.

Rory also shrugged, heading over to the blacksmiths along with Hank, who was also interested in enhancing his weapons. Kiara stood near David, knowing she didn't really have any time for intense training, Reinhard stayed with Gabriel, asking her to teach him some more about magic.

"You ain't gonna do anything? You should probably try getting Atalanta to trust you. Well, you should probably try doing anything, really... You seem like you've given up or something." Kiara said, standing next to him with her arms crossed.

David said nothing, glancing at the ground.

"...I still remember it, Kiara. What I did in the desert. For the past few days, its been the only thing on my mind. Every time I sleep, every time I close my eyes. I can see it. The destruction. The Death. the suffering I caused. All because I was stupid. I was useless. And because of that...I killed people."

"I...I thought I could improve past that. Thought that if I went away for a while. Trained. I could...become better. Become better than what I was. To grow, I guess..."

"But now look at me. I've failed at everything I've tried to do since I've gotten back. I couldn't even scratch Diablo, I couldn't protect my wife, I couldn't protect Gabriel, I couldn't protect any of the citizens of Berlin...."

David sighed.

"I haven't changed Kiara. Not really. Not after millions of years of trying. So... what's the point? In this? in any of this? If I can't protect the people I love, if I haven't even grown enough to do that, then how am I supposed to help anyone here?"

"No idea." Kiara said bluntly, "I ain't got no answer for you, David. All I do is move forward cause that's all I can do at this point. I don't see a point in stressing over it from a personal standpoint now that you've stressed over it so much..." Kiara said as if she'd become satisfied by simply going through endless hardship, endless motions of pain, or as if she'd simply given up on thinking about it.

"......." David stared at her.

"Kiara...I can't afford not to stress over this. What If I screw up again? What if I fail again? What if...."

"What if I kill someone again. Someone who was innocent. Someone who was just trying to live their life? someone who would still be alive if I hadn't been there? I can't live with that Kiara. I can't...I can't live with more innocent blood on my hands...." David said, he was shakingly slightly, running one of his hands through his hair.

"But... That doesn't mean every single instance of failure or hardship is because of you. If anything, I feel like I should be the one who's more upset at this than you..." Kiara said, sighing. The brightness/optimism that was practically her trademark made no appearance in this conversation.

"Whatever, man. I don't... I don't know what to tell you." She said.

Kiara let out one more sigh, "Alright, David..." She understood what he meant. She understood not wanting to hurt anybody, or wanting to save everybody, or wanting your loved ones to be happy, but, she could not support standing idly by.

Kiara simply walked away.

Later...

The group including a large battalion of Yaga soldiers had gathered up at a large gate, assuming David had refused to join them, which led to a village where Atalanta swiftly provided rations to citizens both human and Yaga. It was small, so were the houses, but it was enough.

"....." Atalanta simply remained silent as she provided food for the various children of the village, knowing that soon a people would start.

"Atalante, I know you don't trust us, but can you tell us what's going on? What's the threat?" Rory asked.

"...." She continued to remain silent.

Back