• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"So, who among the dozens are in control?" Pandora's Actor asked the shell filled with souls
"....."

"Call me Asmoedous" The man said, he rolled his neck around, looking around at the people gathered around him.

"I was HOPING I could snag one of the better bodies around here. An Apoptosis, two angels, a witch, a doppelganger...heck, I would have even settled for the Oprichniki" Asmoedous said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Aw well...I suppose beggars can't be choosers, and this body is quite....nice"
Asmoedous said, running his hand across King Tiger's muscles.

"I'll do it. I'm like 99.999% sure he'd rather me be the one knocking him out." Gabriel said, letting out a sigh.

He glanced at Gabriel.

"Or........." Asmoedous walked talked Gabriel, his movements erratic as he jerked his body downward to look at Gabriel.

"You could simply...look the other way" The being said, a wicked smile on David's face.

"Your friend is a fool, I'm reading his memories as we speak, and MAN does this guy have issues."

"I could put this body to much better use than that blockhead ever could"

(Gabriel doesn't even listen, she's just:

bdd.jpg

"Why do you even want him back?" The man said, cocking his head.

"I'm in his mind now, Angel Child...I know your relationship with him. You insult him all the time, you know how idiotic he is..."

"In my capable hands...I could be so much better!"

"Think about it! David, but without those pesky morals and insecurities! All his muscles, with the brains to back it up!"

"All you gotta do...is let me keep his body....sounds like a good deal, right?"

"Why do you even want him back?" The man said, cocking his head.

"I'm in his mind now, Angel Child...I know your relationship with him. You insult him all the time, you know how idiotic he is..."

"In my capable hands...I could be so much better!"

"Think about it! David, but without those pesky morals and insecurities! All his muscles, with the brains to back it up!"

"All you gotta do...is let me keep his body....sounds like a good deal, right?"
"No, No, and No," Gabriel said instantly.

"I insult him because he's stupid and I want him to change, and he's doing his best to change. And yeah, I may have been far too harsh, but in the end, he's changing for the better and we have a generally friendly relationship..." She said.

"So no. 100% no. No way in heaven or hell. Nope. Not happening."

"damn" The being said, glancing at Pandora and Gabriel.

"Seems like you folks won't listen to reason..." Asmoedous sighed.

Suddenly, a burst of energy radiated out of the man, filling the room with an intense surge of power. It was clear that Asmoedous had accesses to all of David's power, and much more.

"It's a shame, I didn't want to damage this...precious new body I got but...."

"If you fools won't let me keep it.... I'll just have to take it by FORCE!"

"You see thing about being in a human body is that well..." Pandora's Actor said, chopping David's neck, trying to hit the nervy to knock him out and kick him right in the nuts

"You have a bunch of weak points."
"Yes, that's true....."

"But your friend David trained his body very nicely...."

At the last moment, Asmoedeous used Davids's own instinctual reaction, shifting his nerve endings just enough that Pandora couldn't effectively strike them.

"You can't knock me out with physical force, Copycat" Asmoedous said.

"Even if you beat him to death, I'll just pilot his corpse!! As long as his mind is awake, HIS BODY IS MINE!"

"Yes, that's true....."

"But your friend David trained his body very nicely...."

At the last moment, Asmoedeous used Davids's own instinctual reaction, shifting his nerve endings just enough that Pandora couldn't effectively strike them.

"You can't knock me out with physical force, Copycat" Asmoedous said.

"Even if you beat him to death, I'll just pilot his corpse!! As long as his mind is awake, HIS BODY IS MINE!"
"Ok."

Gabriel teleported out of the man's grip, "Go to sleep." She flicked him on the forehead, his body going completely limp, falling to the ground. His mind on the other hand was still active, and yet, he was unable to move.

"I guess it doesn't work as well on a possessed patient. Whatever."

"Why are you always such an asshole? No, ripping them out forcefully would obviously be excruciatingly painful for David. The 2nd option would probably be worse... I'm just gonna go inside his soul and take care of the others myself." Gabriel said.

Gabriel let out a sigh before entering David's soul. "Well... Anti-climactic, but not completely boring." She thought to herself, floating around inside of his spirit as nothing but a mass of metaphysical energy.

Within the King Tiger's spirit were various emotions, various contradictions, and ideologies, various ideas and failures, possibly infinite in number. After all, the soul was not a singular concept, like most things in the Dream World. For some entities it was the concept of their being, for some it was the mind, and for those who didn't have a soul, well, it was hard to tell. Dreamers on the other hand come from an entirely different world, alien to the supernatural, and thus, usually, they do not possess souls or spirits within their real bodies. But all of that changes when they enter the land of dreams. For humans entering the world of dreams, a soul becomes the container for their emotions, a container for all the various experiences within their life, and a cluster of various metaphysical stimuli.

And Gabriel was experiencing the full brunt of David's emotions and experiences, whether it was negative or positive. She searched through his spirit, unphased by all of the negativity he'd experienced at the start of the meteor impact. But what she did see was that desolate Earth once it was nearly destroyed.

"Dear God..."

One could say there were worse hells within the Dream World, but what she saw for normal humans, a world of nothing but pain, suffering, and contempt for others, she couldn't help but feel sorry. She instantly knew that the Real Earth was beyond repair. For anybody who wasn't a God of Sin, and an especially powerful one, returning the Earth to its original state would no doubt take tens of thousands of years.

Gabriel let out a sigh, "I didn't know the devastation was that bad..." Before the meteor impact, barely anybody had lived in the Dream World. She would know, she, like many others such as Pandora's Actor or Demiurge, was a native of the world and its supernatural structure. If you were lucky, you'd see maybe... 10 human Dreamers every few centuries enter the Dream World for more than a few nights of sleep. But after the meteor impact, billions, trillions of people flooded the imaginary galaxies...

"I still remember the day, so many thousands of years ago, when barely anybody came to visit this world and its endless dimensions... Hell, barely anybody could use Dream Abilities besides the natives, back then." Gabriel thought to herself. That was right, not everybody could use Dream Abilities at the beginning... But we'll save that for another time.

After a few in-spirit hours, which translated to maybe a minute outside of his body, Gabriel found the center of David's trauma and agony, where the spirits had gathered and clumped together, forming the evil spirit Asmodeus. It was a rotting puss filled glob of spiritual energy, the spirits feeding off of the negativity, similar to a Calamity.

(I should probably respond to this)

"You sure are a pain in my ass, Angel child....."

Some of the spirits within David's body suddenly broke off from the rest. slowly...they began coalescing, forming a solid, vaguely humanoid shape in front of Gabriel.

Asmodeus.%28Helluva.Boss%29.600.3505303.jpg

"So I guess you're serious about rescuing King chump over here" The being said. spinning around in the air.

"But tough luck kid, I ain't moving out. This man...he's positively Delicious"

"His despair, his hatred, his anger, his lust..."

"
It's like eating a feast that never runs out!"

"No no no no no...." Masayoshi said, "You're going to get out of my man!"

Masayoshi launched a powerful blast of energy toward the demon in David's body. However, there was a little trick with the blast. Should he attempt to block or evade, the beam would wrap around and restrain him, before being fortified with magic. As this occurred, a small, microscopic object would enlarge, revealing itself to be a Burning God Meteor that would collapse on top of him.

"ohohoho! so you must be the wonderous Masayoshi this soul keeps raving about!" The demon said, He shapeshifted his body, easily contorting it around Masayoshi's blast of energy. Using the same shapeshifting, he quickly liquified his body, slipping out of the chains that had been constructed around him. However, he was momentarily caught off guard by the meteor, it slamming against him and knocking him off balance. Before he could take significant damage however, he imbued his hands with ghostly energy, before firing a beam at the meteor, completely destroying it.

Quickly, he rushed towards Masayoshi, grabbing her by the throat.

"Ya know, I must thank you! It's partly thanks to you that he has so much energy I can feast on!" The demon cackled.

Masayoshi opened her mouth, firing off another blast of energy infused with her durability negation, specifically the kind that would affect souls. Her plan was to attack the demon possessing David directly.
The demon quickly moved his head, the attack giving him a glancing blow across his face, incinerating a portion of it.

"Ya know that little incident you caused over in Pride? The one where you abused the shit outta your dear, dear husband?" The demon said while delivering a fierce strike towards Masayoshi's stomach, imbuing it with ghostly energy as she was blasted across the spiritual realm, assuming it landed.

"THAT is part of the energy I'm feasting on right now! The pain you caused, the insults, the betrayal! The mental torment YOU put him through. All forming into a delicious cocktail of negative emotion!"

"He may have said he's forgiven you...but his soul is telling
quite the different story" the demon laughed.

"This is getting out of hand..." Gabriel said as she turned to Asmodeus, her eyes filled with cold indifference towards the evil spirit. "You have 10 seconds... Or however long beings who can move through time measure time... To get out of his body."

Back