• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Alright."

David could feel a tiny fist slam into his abdomen, but the force such a small hand produced was far more than enough to turn his insides into a mushy pulp like substance. The resulting force sent David flying through dozens of mountains.

"Did you go harder on him than you did with me...?" Gabriel asked, crossing her arms. Pride shrugged, David's blood covering his fist.

"Maybe. Maybe not."
".....****" David muttered, vomiting what was left of his stomach, alongside a massive amount of blood as he laid in a massive crater where a mountain used to be.

Masayoshi words began to ring in his ears.

"Your too weak to save anyone..." She had said.

David clenched his fist, and slowly got to his feet.

"For...For Masayoshi....I'll go through hell. I'll go through any torture to get stronger..." He thought, using his body control to salvage what was left of his organs.

David jumped into the air and began flying back towards Pride. Once he had returned, he aimed a vicious punch towards the boy's head.

"Take five, Gabriel. I'm gonna have some fun with your wrestler friend." Pride swiftly dodged King Tiger's punch, not saying another word as she covered his fist in shadows, slamming it into David's face, knocking out all of his teeth and violently fracturing his skull.

"Alright, now you're definitely just biased..." Gabriel said, letting out a sigh.

"Oh please. You've taken worse punishment than this while training with me.. He's tough, he'll get stronger." Pride said.

David staggered, obviously dazed as blood flowed freely from his mouth and head, his teeth being vaporized by the sheer force of the impact.

Yet, David's eyes were fiery. he was not going to give up, no matter how much pride demolished him.

David began to charge forward once more, using his time stop to momentarily freeze time as he rushed in for a tackle. if successful, he would lift Pride into the air, and Suplex him into the ground.

David staggered, obviously dazed as blood flowed freely from his mouth and head, his teeth being vaporized by the sheer force of the impact.

Yet, David's eyes were fiery. he was not going to give up, no matter how much pride demolished him.

David began to charge forward once more, using his time stop to momentarily freeze time as he rushed in for a tackle. if successful, he would lift Pride into the air, and Suplex him into the ground.
"You're definitely better than Gabriel at the moment... It seems experience does wonders." Pride thought to himself as he saw David fly towards him. Once his time stop ended and David attempted to tackle him, Pride ducked down, skillfully and swiftly dodging David's attempt at tackling him as he was sent flying by his own velocity.

"I guess I shouldn't play around!" Pride immediately appeared behind David, extending the length of his arms with shadows as he wrapped his extended limbs around David's waist, suplexing him.

"This is the end." David's head was stuck in the ground, which prompted Pride to let him go and stand up.

"You did your part, right, Towa?" Masayoshi asked telepathically.

"The moment after you were done with him..." Towa responded, "Let's see if it works..."

Towa began to transmit a plethora of the negative messages David had received, with the most frequent one being the ones he had received from his wife earlier. Now, the two of them waited.

"You did your part, right, Towa?" Masayoshi asked telepathically.

"The moment after you were done with him..." Towa responded, "Let's see if it works..."

Towa began to transmit a plethora of the negative messages David had received, with the most frequent one being the ones he had received from his wife earlier. Now, the two of them waited.

"....the end?" David muttered

suddenly, negatively began spreading in his mind. a miasma of loathing and self-hate began to cover his body. as he began reliving the insults he had received throughout the journey.

"....what the hell is happening...?" David muttered. Rory's, Masayoshi's, Dreadon's, Pandora's, Gabriel's, their voices were blasting into his head like he was wearing earphones. Taunting him, degrading him, reminding him just how useless he was. It was like he was hearing every insult he had ever received. It was....traumatic.

David burst out of the ground, clutching his head as the voices continued to ring inside it.

"shut up...." David muttered.

"SHUT UP!" David yelled at the voices in his head, trying in vain to silence them.

"Ugh, are you being mentally tortured something?" Pride said, letting out a sigh as she clenched her fists, the negative emotions David was emitting making her gag internally.

"Some ******* wife you have..." Gabriel walked over to David, slapping him in the face, the voices in his head instantly ceasing.

"These voices aren't real, and being insulted isn't going to help you get stronger. Let's keep training." She said.

"That doesn't make sense...." Masayoshi said, "I've tested this out already... Why didn't it work? I've viewed all possible outcomes for this strategy, and the majority of them ended in success. Why didn't it work?"

Masayoshi began to look visibly distraught.

"Did I just do all of this for nothing?" She asked herself.

"Ugh, are you being mentally tortured something?" Pride said, letting out a sigh as she clenched her fists, the negative emotions David was emitting making her gag internally.

"Some ******* wife you have..." Gabriel walked over to David, slapping him in the face, the voices in his head instantly ceasing.

"These voices aren't real, and being insulted isn't going to help you get stronger. Let's keep training." She said.
"W-what?" David said, glancing around as the voices cleared from his head.

He glanced at Gabriel.

"N-no...."

"Masayoshi didn't do that....right?" David said numbly.

"A-and....even if she did! she probably had some kinda plan in mind ya know!?" David said desperately.

"She loves me...she wants me to get stronger....don't...don't talk bad about her!" David said, reflexively trusting his wife, even after what had just happened.

He turned to Pride.

"L-lets just keep training..." He said.

"W-what?" David said, glancing around as the voices cleared from his head.

He glanced at Gabriel.

"N-no...."

"Masayoshi didn't do that....right?" David said numbly.

"A-and....even if she did! she probably had some kinda plan in mind ya know!?" David said desperately.

"She loves me...she wants me to get stronger....don't...don't talk bad about her!" David said, reflexively trusting his wife, even after what had just happened.

He turned to Pride.

"L-lets just keep training..." He said.
"I'm talking bad about her because she thinks mental torture is the way to go about reinforcing her loved ones personal and physical growth..." Gabriel said, getting into a stance.

"Hey Pride, let me spar with him for a second." Gabriel said, turning to Pride.

"Sure." He said, shrugging.
(Let's just say it's a resistance to Precognition and information analysis lol)
(She has a resistance to info analysis but not precog lol.)

"I'm talking bad about her because she thinks mental torture is the way to go about reinforcing her loved ones personal and physical growth..." Gabriel said, getting into a stance.

"Hey Pride, let me spar with him for a second." Gabriel said, turning to Pride.

"Sure." He said, shrugging.

(She has a resistance to info analysis but not precog lol.)
"It...it sounds bad...but I'm sure she has a reason! she's smart! really smart!" David said quickly, desperation still in his voice.

"S-she would never hurt me, Gabriel. And...and if she does, it would only be out of love! because she's...she's perfect!" David said.

David got into a stance ready for Gabriel to come at him.

"B-but sure! Let's spar Gabriel! show me how strong you've gotten!" David said quickly, wanting to push the incident out of his mind.

"It...it sounds bad...but I'm sure she has a reason! she's smart! really smart!" David said quickly, desperation still in his voice.

"S-she would never hurt me, Gabriel. And...and if she does, it would only be out of love! because she's...she's perfect!" David said.

David got into a stance ready for Gabriel to come at him.

"B-but sure! Let's spar Gabriel! show me how strong you've gotten!" David said quickly, wanting to push the incident out of his mind.
"You're an idiot." Gabriel dashed forward as fast as she could, jumping up and delivering a punch to King Tiger's jaw, cracking it. Pride crossed his arms, smiling.

"She's gotten stronger." Pride thought to himself as he watched Gabriel attack. She covered her fist in light, delivering another punch to the spot she'd hit, knocking David through a tree.

"Tell all of that to somebody who doesn't specialize specifically in mental health... That woman made the wrong decision, David. Just accept it and realize it, as getting insults heaved at you at this point isn't going to help you." Gabriel said.

"I have some things to apologize for as well... But let's save that." She thought.

"I did have a plan... but it didn't work..." Masayoshi said, "I tried to.... I wanted..."

Masayoshi was getting more frustrated. This was the first time one of her plans had failed to such a drastic degree...

"If you would have given it five more seconds...." She continued, "Five. More. Seconds... and it would have worked... Everything I had just done was for nothing now...."

"You're an idiot." Gabriel dashed forward as fast as she could, jumping up and delivering a punch to King Tiger's jaw, cracking it. Pride crossed his arms, smiling.

"She's gotten stronger." Pride thought to himself as he watched Gabriel attack. She covered her fist in light, delivering another punch to the spot she'd hit, knocking David through a tree.

"Tell all of that to somebody who doesn't specialize specifically in mental health... That woman made the wrong decision, David. Just accept it and realize it, as getting insults heaved at you at this point isn't going to help you." Gabriel said.

"I have some things to apologize for as well... But let's save that." She thought.
"Masayoshi doesn't make mistakes," David said, hardening to significantly reduce the damage Gabriel did to him. He used his gravity manipulation to forcefully route himself in place, preventing Gabriel's blow from knocking him back.

"She can see the future! infinite possibilities! that's one of the amazing things about her! Maybe..maybe something was supposed to happen, I don't know!"

David grabbed Gabriel arm, and forcefully tossed her into the ground, using his gravity manipulation to vastly increase the force of his throw.

"Masayoshi doesn't make mistakes," David said, hardening to significantly reduce the damage Gabriel did to him. He used his gravity manipulation to forcefully route himself in place, preventing Gabriel's blow from knocking him back.

"She can see the future! infinite possibilities! that's one of the amazing things about her! Maybe..maybe something was supposed to happen, I don't know!"

David grabbed Gabriel arm, and forcefully tossed her into the ground, using his gravity manipulation to vastly increase the force of his throw.
"You see, thats where you're delusion starts..." Gabriel didn't even flinch as she was thrown into the ground, displaying her immunity to pain against anybody without special abilities to cause painless people pain.

"She's a human, David! And she's not perfect, and she never will be! Do you honestly think that being reminded of your past mistakes by the people you love is healthy!?" Gabriel propelled herself upward with light, violently headbutting David, sending him flying high into the air.

"To move forward, you need positive reinforcement and care! More pain doesn't seal the wound, it only makes it worse!" Gabriel yelled out.

Using her power modification, she turned her light into fire, creating large explosion that sent her into the air with David. As she flew above David, she propelled herself downward, slamming her leg onto his neck and sending him flying into the ground.

"I did have a plan... but it didn't work..." Masayoshi said, "I tried to.... I wanted..."

Masayoshi was getting more frustrated. This was the first time one of her plans had failed to such a drastic degree...

"If you would have given it five more seconds...." She continued, "Five. More. Seconds... and it would have worked... Everything I had just done was for nothing now...."
"Well, you have some things to apologize for I say, I'm pretty Apathetic but if you don't explain it this could put a hamper on your relationship." Pandora's Actor said

"You see, thats where you're delusion starts..." Gabriel didn't even flinch as she was thrown into the ground, displaying her immunity to pain against anybody without special abilities to cause painless people pain.

"She's a human, David! And she's not perfect, and she never will be! Do you honestly think that being reminded of your past mistakes by the people you love is healthy!?" Gabriel propelled herself upward with light, violently headbutting David, sending him flying high into the air.

"To move forward, you need positive reinforcement and care! More pain doesn't seal the wound, it only makes it worse!" Gabriel yelled out.

Using her power modification, she turned her light into fire, creating large explosion that sent her into the air with David. As she flew above David, she propelled herself downward, slamming her leg onto his neck and sending him flying into the ground.
"SHE'S PERFECT TO ME ALRIGHT!"

"She's... she's all I got! the only relationship I haven't screwed up. the only person who could love me!"

David stood up from the ground, having used his forcefield to endure Gabriel's vicious assault. his back ached from the impact with the ground, and the bones around his neck had nearly fractured, but he paid it no mind,

He forcefully folded space between himself and Gabriel, closing the distance between them in an instant. hardening his fist with his body control, he delivered a fierce strike to Gabriel's stomach, before aiming a kick towards her ribs. Should these two attacks be successful, he would grab Gabriel's head, before slamming it against his knee.

Masayoshi, visibly more upset, began to approach David and Gabriel.

"REALLY?! Positive reinforcement and care? Up until today, that's what I've been giving him! That's ALL I've been giving him..." Masayoshi yelled, "I looked through every single possibility, and this would have been one of the most efficient and effective ways at making him stronger... Towa modified the enchantment she gave him to upgrade his abilities, and to rapidly increase his strength upon receiving negative emotions..."

She turned toward David.

"David, honey... I'm sorry..." Masayoshi said, "I said horrible things and I can't take them back, but I thought it was what would make you stronger... I did it for you, even if it didn't seem like it. If I had told you, I don't think it would have worked... Well, it didn't work, anyways... But I am so, so sorry..."

Masayoshi only got angrier, not just at herself for what she had said... but at everyone else.

"It wasn't just my words he was hearing, you know. It was all of you...." Masayoshi said, "If positive reinforcement and care is the way to make him grow stronger, then tell me: how much positive reinforcement and care have you been giving him? Show of hands. Who's honestly been there for him, been a shoulder to cry on, someone to confide in for him?"

Masayoshi raised her hand.

"I know I have. All of you? Not so much..." Masayoshi said, "And have any of you ever apologized for your ridicule? I did. I don't know if he's heard anything of the sort from you all..."

Masayoshi looked back to Gabriel, searing in anger.

"So don't you EVER tell me what MY husband needs. Don't you EVER tell me how to properly help MY best friend. Until you can actually go a day without ragging on him or making him feel like a failure for no reason.... I don't want to hear a word from you... NOT. ONE."

Last edited:
"We're friends, aren't we!?" Once again, Gabriel didn't even flinch, but the affect of his attacks still weighed weighed on her body.

"Look David, I've always been hard on you. I'm never not going to be hard on you. BUT ALL OF THAT WASN'T TO TORTURE YOU! I WAS JUST TRYING TO GUIDE YOU!" Gabriel yelled out as she teleported out of his grip.

"I didn't want you and Rory to have to suffer because of yourselves! I'm sorry for the things I said but I don't regret a single word! BUT THIS!? GETTING GIFTED STRENGTH BY YOUR OWN MENTAL TORTURE!? THAT ISN'T HOW RELATIONSHIPS WORK!" She shouted out.

Gabriel dashed forward with all of her might, noticeably slower than before. But she propelled herself. She kept moving faster, using her telekinesis and her light manipulation to continue moving faster.

"That isn't healthy, and this definitely isn't going to be good for you either." Gabriel slammed her fist into David, 4 shining white-wings sprouting from her back which propelled her forward even more as she caved in his face, sending him flying through multiple mountains just like Pride did.

"****..." But that doesn't mean she didn't suffer consequences from using such power, noticing her arm was completely destroyed from the power she used, and it wasn't regenerating.

She then turned to Masayoshi, "You've been treating him like a baby, not supporting him. What he NEEDED you to do was actually HELP him when it counted, not simply reopen old wounds. You're an idiot, and you need help." Gabriel said.

"We're friends, aren't we!?" Once again, Gabriel didn't even flinch, but the affect of his attacks still weighed weighed on her body.

"Look David, I've always been hard on you. I'm never not going to be hard on you. BUT ALL OF THAT WASN'T TO TORTURE YOU! I WAS JUST TRYING TO GUIDE YOU!" Gabriel yelled out as she teleported out of his grip.

"I didn't want you and Rory to have to suffer because of yourselves! I'm sorry for the things I said but I don't regret a single word! BUT THIS!? GETTING GIFTED STRENGTH BY YOUR OWN MENTAL TORTURE!? THAT ISN'T HOW RELATIONSHIPS WORK!" She shouted out.

Gabriel dashed forward with all of her might, noticeably slower than before. But she propelled herself. She kept moving faster, using her telekinesis and her light manipulation to continue moving faster.

"That isn't healthy, and this definitely isn't going to be good for you either." Gabriel slammed her fist into David, 4 shining white-wings sprouting from her back which propelled her forward even more as she caved in his face, sending him flying through multiple mountains just like Pride did.

"****..." But that doesn't mean she didn't suffer consequences from using such power, noticing her arm was completely destroyed from the power she used, and it wasn't regenerating.

She then turned to Masayoshi, "You've been treating him like a baby, not supporting him. What he NEEDED you to do was actually HELP him when it counted, not simply reopen old wounds. You're an idiot, and you need help." Gabriel said.
"You're calling me an idiot? I have helped him. I have been there for him...." Masayoshi said, "Yes, I may have babied him, but it's better than constantly demeaning him! At least I showed him some appreciation and care and made him feel valuable!"

Masayoshi couldn't deny that there was more she could have done along the lines of actually training David, but she still didn't appreciate being demonized in the situation, not when her most recent attempt at aiding David completely backfired.

"What? Do you want me to go back and do everything all over again?" Masayoshi asked.

"You're calling me an idiot? I have helped him. I have been there for him...." Masayoshi said, "Yes, I may have babied him, but it's better than constantly demeaning him! At least I showed him some appreciation and care and made him feel valuable!"

Masayoshi couldn't deny that there was more she could have done along the lines of actually training David, but she still didn't appreciate being demonized in the situation, not when her most recent attempt at aiding David completely backfired.

"What? Do you want me to go back and do everything all over again?" Masayoshi asked.
"I'm not saying I haven't made mistakes. Of course I have, I've made millions of mistakes across my life, and maybe my harshness was one of of them. But at least I didn't pamper him until he was so reliant on you he's now so delusional that he can't even realize MENTAL TORTURE isn't something he deserves you smart-ass." Gabriel said bluntly.

"I'm not saying I haven't made mistakes. Of course I have, I've made millions of mistakes across my life, and maybe my harshness was one of of them. But at least I didn't pamper him until he was so reliant on you he's now so delusional that he can't even realize MENTAL TORTURE isn't something he deserves you smart-ass." Gabriel said bluntly.
"I had a plan! One you ruined!" Masayoshi said, "I know how resilient he is. I almost thought the babying him I've done in the past would have allowed him to handle it better... Maybe if I had that extra time I needed... but now I'll never know for sure."

Words began to echo in Masayoshi's mind now....

"What? Do you want me to go back and do everything all over again?"

Masayoshi walked away, back into the dimension she had constructed back when she and David first started to share their feelings for each other, closing the portal the moment she passed through. Right now, she wanted to be alone.

In her dimension, Masayoshi sat down at her desk, saying nothing. All she was doing right now was thinking. She didn't have any anger left to vent, and she didn't have any tears left to cry. What she did have, however, was something different...

Duplicates swarmed the dimension, occupying it alongside the Toyoshi duplicates that were dormant after affecting the probability of finding Rory. After minutes of silence, she spoke.

"Begin..." She said, as all of the duplicates assumed meditative stances.

"Good... No more distractions." Gabriel said as she turned to the large trail of destruction she created by punching David.
David clutched his face, his nose and teeth being violently broken by Gabriel's increased power.

He groggily got to his feet, blood streaming from his nose and mouth. opening a portal, he teleported back to where Gabriel was.

"Where...Where did she go? What happened to her!?" David asked.

"I need to talk to her...tell her I forgive her....tell her that I'll always forgive her..." David said, quickly looking around.

David clutched his face, his nose and teeth being violently broken by Gabriel's increased power.

He groggily got to his feet, blood streaming from his nose and mouth. opening a portal, he teleported back to where Gabriel was.

"Where...Where did she go? What happened to her!?" David asked.

"I need to talk to her...tell her I forgive her....tell her that I'll always forgive her..." David said, quickly looking around.
"She isn't here David, she left for a while, and she doesn't deserve forgiveness for what she did. She needs to earn that, and you need to earn a lot. I've got plenty to earn as well..." Gabriel said as she walked over to David, her voice somewhat deeper.

"I hope you'll accept my apologies, but I regret absolutely nothing."

Looking through the possibilities, fact checking them among the plethora of duplicates, there wasn't anything she could do. This only served to frustrate her even more...

Then, words she uttered as Toyoshi came to mind, as well as their context.

"I don't think there's been a fall arc in the story so far..."

"She isn't here David, she left for a while, and she doesn't deserve forgiveness for what she did. She needs to earn that, and you need to earn a lot. I've got plenty to earn as well..." Gabriel said as she walked over to David, her voice somewhat deeper.

"I hope you'll accept my apologies, but I regret absolutely nothing."
"Gabriel. thank you." David said, nodding at the angel.

"No matter how much you've insulted me, It doesn't matter. You've more than earned forgiveness from me for all the times you've bailed me out of killing myself because of my recklessness." David said flatly.

"... You're the only person in this traveling group...aside from Masayoshi...that I actually like" David shrugged.

"and...I know what Masayoshi did seems cruel. but, it's fine! everything is fine now. I just need to....just need to talk to her" David said.

Back