• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"I'd never leave you..." Masayoshi said, "But I am leaving the idea that you'll get stronger behind..."
"Y-you won't!?" David said, hesitant joy and relief filling his voice.

"Then...why....? why are you doing this? I expect the insults from the others...but not from you, honey."

"Whatever is happening, I can fix it...just...."

"Just...just talk to me, please. What's going on?

"Y-you won't!?" David said, hesitant joy and relief filling his voice.

"Then...why....? why are you doing this? I expect the insults from the others...but not from you, honey."

"Whatever is happening, I can fix it...just...."

"Just...just talk to me, please. What's going on?
"No, honey, you can't..." Masayoshi said, "At least, not yet. After that showing you have a long way to go..."

"Train, work harder, try to grow stronger, like you always have..." She said to him, "And one more thing... Accept that you're weak."
"......." David said nothing, looking at her.

"I am weak, Masayoshi," David said finally, sighing.

"I should have....never been under the delusion that I was strong. Even with my activation dream...." David said.

"but....I will keep training. I may never be "strong"....."

"But I want to get stronger..." David said finally.

As both of them expected, Gabriel stood absolutely no chance against Pride. He easily thrashed her around, delivering injury after injury towards her. They were clearly on different levels.

"Damnit... WHAT AM I MISSING!!?" She yelled out, slamming her fists into the ground, shattering it. "Why can't I get strong like everybody else?" She calmed herself down and asked Pride. "We've been going at it for who knows how long and I haven't made any progress." She said.

"That's mostly because you sort of well... Aren't built for fighting." Pride said, causing Gabriel to cross her arms and glare at him. "That's never stopped me before... I have fought and won plenty of battles, but why am I suddenly not making progress?" She asked him.

"Girly, when was the last time you ever actually trained for well, anything in your life?" Pride asked her, standing up from the rock that he was sitting on, glaring at Gabriel. "When was the last time I trained? Well, I..." Actually, she couldn't even remember.

"I've... Never trained? How is that? I'm sure I've trained before..." She said, "I've most definitely trained my magic." She said to Pride, "OK. When was the last time you did that?" He asked her.

"Uh, that was... A while ago." She said, starting to realize what Pride was talking about. "That's the problem, Gabriel. You were quite literally BORN strong, smart, and you were born to be a healer. Your core functions aren't to train or fight... They're to heal, and kill the Apoptosis. Your essentially an automaton given sentience who is trying to go against your programming. David may not be talented or born for fighting, but you, quite literally, are not born for fighting. Your natural strength is failing you." Pride said.

"Oh... That's depressing, actually. So do I just get left behind...? Do I just stay like this forever...?" She asked Pride, "Basically. Not unless your willing to literally die and come back to life." Pride said.

"Basically, I need to push my limits." She said, "Yep. And the best way to do that is to fight until you break apart. Literally." Pride said, causing Gabriel to freeze up. "B-Break apart...?" She asked, "That's a little disturbing, Pride..."

"Did you expect a month of causal training to get you to where you want to be, girl? You'll be pushing your limits, breaking free of your ingrained functions, becoming a warrior. This isn't some sort of casual training camp." Pride said.

"Then I assume a single month of training isn't going to get me to where I want to be. It isn't like we have that much time before Belial does something drastic..." Gabriel said, "Then what, your gonna torture me or whatever? You've been beating me up for a few hours so I'm curious to see what you have in store-"

BOOM!

She was sent flying far faster than she could react by a kick straight to the stomach, causing her to puke up blood. She was sent through multiple rocks, trees, vines, thorns, and many other objects, the resulting shockwave creating an enormous explosion that echoed across the area.

"Torture? Yeah, that's pretty much what this is gonna be for you." Pride said, walking down the path of destruction he had created.

Gabriel, once again, writhed in pain. But this time, it was far worse. "Ah... I- I can't talk- My throat is clogged-" She thought to herself, throwing up dirt and blood. "I gotta get-" Pride reached her before she could stand once again.

"We're just getting started! Don't tell me you've decided to give up?" He delivered a punch to her neck, sending her flying once again. "It's impressive you didn't die instantly though, even if I am holding back."

Gabriel held her throat, "This guy is- I can't see..." She crashed into a boulder, falling face-first into a muddy puddle. Her hair was covering her eyes, so she swung her head to move it. She looked down at the muddy people.

"God, I look filthy..." Her face was beaten, her hair was muddied and covered in moss and dirt, her halo was cracked, and her teeth were cracked and chipped. "Is this actually training or is he just a ******...?" She thought.

"I feel like your calling me a ****** in your head, but no, I'm not doing this because I get kicks out of it." Pride appeared behind her, slamming his fist into her face, "Agh...!" She let out a choked scream.

"This is real training, kid. You get your shit kicked in some and you get stronger from it. This is just the beginning, so quit your whining!" Pride yelled out, throwing her into the ground.

"Please... S-Sto-" She couldn't even finish her sentence, her throat clogged by dirt and blood. "****, are you actually crying? I uh... Maybe we should just stop." Pride said, a little ashamed of himself for brutalizing somebody so much weaker than him to this point.

He was right, she was crying. In all of her thousands of years she'd never experienced such pain and suffering, "Is this what David and the others have to go through...?" She thought, trembling. "This is... horrible..." She fell to her knees.

"Look kid, I'm sorry. I went way to far with this... Let's just stop this." Pride suggested, clearly feeling bad for Gabriel and what he did to her. Gabriel got herself up once more only to fall back down to her knees, glaring at Pride.

"C-Con..." Gabriel could barely form sentences, "O...- ntinue... C-Continue..." She said after a few seconds of struggling to form sentences. She puked out more dirt and blood, gripping her stomach in pain and frustration.

"Kid, if we keep going like this, you're done for. Besides, you just asked me to stop, didn't you? Why are you NOW asking me to continue with this?" Pride asked her, genuinely confused.

Gabriel slowly shook her head, "I... W-want-" She slowly got up once more, walking over to a tree to prop herself up. "To get... S-Str-" She was cut off by her inadvertent puking up of the final chunks of dirt and blood that were stuck in her throat, but Pride knew what she meant.

"And your willing to do this for it? I can cause even painless beings like you unimaginable agony which is what your experiencing right now. A month of this... Will break you."

"THEN LET ME BE BROKEN!" Gabriel yelled out, clenching her fists. "Knowing that I'm gonna be left behind after a while... That I'll become useless... The thought is unbearable. I feel so much like David, and I feel bad for the guy..." Gabriel said, sniffling.

"Keep training me, I'm begging you. Don't hold back. I want to get stronger... Even stronger than this. So help me push past my limits, even if my body breaks into pieces I can rebuild it from my true-form in another dimension, so keep going, please..." Gabriel said, getting on her hands and knees.

"Pride, please... Just do this for me. Let me get stronger, so I can fix things. If I'm stronger, I can make Rory and David finally... Finally, just talk to each other... I can force them to reconcile. I can do so much more, so please..." She said, begging Pride.

"Gabriel..." Pride looked down on the worn and torn angel, on her hands and knees. He saw her tears mixing with the blood and mud on the floor, her hair covered in dirt and thorns, and the wounds she had been dealt by his violent assault.

"Ugh..." Pride was conflicted. There was no honor in this... There was nothing to triumph over, nothing to gain from defeating her. She wasn't confident at all, in fact, she was in complete desperation. There was nothing to be prideful about when defeating such a weak enemy. Even so...

"And your sure this is what you want? This is your last chance to back out before we can continue, Gabriel." He asked her, wanting to make sure that this was really what the girl wanted. She immediately nodded.

"Yes. This is absolutely what I want... So please, don't hold back on me. Make me stronger." Gabriel said, causing Pride to sigh. He didn't want to do this. He detested doing this, but, he couldn't question her resolve.

"Alright then, girl." He raised his fist, and began.
How long had it been since Gabriel and Pride started training? She couldn't tell... For her, it had felt like a month had already passed as Pride brutally beat her down. Or maybe it was a few hours? A few days, even? It felt as if time was a complete mess wherever they were.

"Ready to take a break?" Pride held Gabriel by the head, slamming her face against a large chunk of stone. Gabriel shook her head within his grip, telling him that she wanted to continue the training. Pride sighed.

"Look kid, we've been going at this for who knows how long and you've shown minimal improvement. Let's take a break and regroup later." Pride threw Gabriel to the ground, walking away.

"W-Wait- I can-" Gabriel tried to call out for him, but he was already gone by the time she had gotten off of the ground. "Ugh..." She fell onto her bum, sitting down in a muddy puddle.

"Some angel I am... I look hideous." She said, "I bet Metatron would get a kick out of seeing like this... Whatever." She said as she got up, looking around. The area around her was mostly a rough forest, with barely any living creatures or plants, just moss, rock, and trees.

The clouds above her head turned dark as it began to rain, washing away the blood and mud in her hair. "Thank you, Oh Lord, for the free bath..." She washed away the muck that was covering her eyes, her vision slowly clearing.

"Now I know how David feels... ****, I've been so god damn insensitive." She thought to herself, "And now that I'm in a similar situation I'm whining about it..." Gabriel sat in a fetal position as the rain soaked her. "I should apologize... For a few things." She thought.

After a few minutes of sitting, she stood up. Suddenly, she augmented her clothes, making them far heavier than they were before. "...Not enough." She thought, increasing the weight. She kept increasing it, and increasing it, until the point her clothes were so heavy she couldn't even move in them as she was forced to the ground.

"This is nothing...! Compared to what the others do on a daily basis, this kind of training is nothing!" She shouted out as she did her best to force herself up, getting on all fours. She gritted her teeth.

"O-One..." She began doing push-ups to the best of her ability. "T-Tw- Eep...!" She once again fell to the ground, her entire body aching as the sheer weight she applied to herself was too much for her to bear.

"This is nothing...!!!" She shouted out once more, attempting to once again train herself. "T-Two... Three..." It hurt. Every fiber of her body hurt like hell. She'd never exerted herself like this before, and she hated it more than anything. Gabriel Artensia was never meant to exert herself to such an extent, and she hated the pain it caused her.

But that wouldn't stop her...

"Four... F-Fiv- Five...!" She wanted to be stronger. She wanted to be able to force David and Rory to listen to her, not through her just yelling at them. She wanted to be... stronger.

Some hours later, the sky had cleared, the rain stops completely. Pride soon returned to check up on Gabriel, "Jeez, what have you been up to?" He noticed the absolutely enormous crater where the forest used to be, looking down into it.

"Gabriel, you in there!?" He called out to her, hearing grunts of pain and frustration. He jumped down there, seeing in the dark cavern as clear as day. "What the hell are you doing...?" He was astonished.

"97...! 98...! 99...!!" Gabriel grunted, soon finishing her exercise. "100!" She shouted out, releasing the intense weight she had applied to her clothes, falling to the ground. "How long have you been doing this?" Pride asked, sort of concerned.

"...Around 15 hours, 23 minutes, 34 seconds," Gabriel said bluntly as Pride healed her, noticing that her body was far less scrawny. "You have the body of an 8-year old and you're becoming muscular... I'm frightened." Pride said, causing both of them to chuckle as he helped her up.

"Your really going to do this, huh. I thought you'd quit after the first day, but you're really trying to push your limits." Pride said, sounding surprised. "I've been taking the people who were around to protect me, for granted..." Gabriel said, looking down.

"I still think David is a dumbass, but maybe I should apologize to him for being so... insensitive to his trauma." Gabriel said, "But that isn't what this is about. Fight me, Pride." Gabriel said bluntly.

"Alright then, with pleasure!" Pride dashed forward, digging through the crater Gabriel created and launching them both up to the surface. "Huh, not to shabby." Gabriel lost an arm but was barely able to dodge.

"My training wasn't for nothing...!" She shouted out, "But this is just the beginning." Pride delivered multiple punches towards Gabriel, each unpredictable in their trajectory and unfathomable in speed.

Gabriel was hit multiple times, "I can handle this...!" It still hurt like a huge bitch, but she had experienced being beaten up by Pride many times already, so she could handle it again. That didn't mean she could dodge or counter, though...

"Come on, now. Give me some proof that your training wasn't for nothing, Gabriel." Pride said as he continued to assail the angel with an endless barrage of punches, "With pleasure!" She yelled out, still in great pain.

"I have to predict where his next attack is coming from..." She thought to herself, "20 from the left... 13 from the right... 32 from behind me..." Gabriel thought to herself, sensing the incoming attacks as best as she could.

"Dodge...! Move...! Please, just move!" Gabriel slammed her foot into the ground, "MOVE!!" She propelled herself forward through all of the punches she was being assailed, doing her best to tank them.

"Wow, you're actually trying to counter-attack!" Pride said, genuinely surprised by Gabriel as she attempted to throw a punch at Pride with all of her might. "That's something, at least."

Pride effortlessly dodged, delivering a swift kick to Gabriel's stomach, knocking her in the air. "Here it comes! I've got to guard-" She created multiple shields of light as Pride jumped into the air, delivering another punch that was drastically amplified by his shadows that shattered through her barriers, slamming into her and sending her higher into the air, generating a shockwave that echoed across the Pride Ring.

Gabriel... blocked it with her hands. Her hands were completely shattered, but she was able to barely react to Pride's attack. "Hoho..." Pride said, grabbing Gabriel by the hair and throwing her down to the ground, creating a large explosion.

"It's not much, but it's something." Pride said as Gabriel swiftly got up, "That's quite the fire you've got in your eyes, Gabriel Artensia..." Gabriel's crimson eyes burned with desire.

"Your damn right, Pride. Let's keep going." She said.

David sighed. Groggily picking himself off of the ground and wiping the blood from his body.

“Heh, I guess even Masayoshi is getting tired of my shit” David thought, beginning to regenerate from the beating he had taken earlier.

"Masayoshi is right....with my current strength I have no right to be arrogant. If I keep going like this, I'll die. I need to discard it....my overwhelming pride....even in pro wrestling...." David thought.

“although…I wouldn’t mind if she overpowered me like that more often…” David thought, blushing.

He was suddenly shaken out of his thoughts when he felt the ground vibrate below him. He immediately turned around, just in time to see a massive explosion appear somewhere in the distance.

"....What the hell..." David said aloud.

"Uh...I'm gonna go check that out. Someone could be in trouble...." David said.

regenerating his leg muscles, he used his body control to amplify his running muscles, before dashing towards the explosion, hoping that everything was alright.

"Looks like even your wife isn't enough of a fool to not see how weak you are!" Demiurge taunted David from the sky

"All muscle!" Pandora's Actor said, keeping exact pace with David
"Demiurge?!" David said, glancing up, aggravated and surprised by the insult.

"what the hell are ya doing here? Did Belial send ya or somethin?" David said, instantly put on guard by the appearance of the Demon.

"Now we're onto something!" Pride yelled out, delivering another punch to Gabriel's stomach, propelling his fist forward with an enormous burst of shadows which carved out a large chunk of the Earth below them with the mere Shockwave.

"Ack...!" Gabriel barely blocked the attack, her hand mangled from trying to block Pride's assault. Pride chuckled, seeming impressed.

"Your getting pretty good, Counter-Apoptosis... No No, Gabriel." Pride said, smiling in anticipation for the continuation of their training.

David suddenly ran into view, obvious concern on his face as he saw Gabriel fighting pride.

"GABRIEL!?" David yelled out, rushing towards her. he teleported between the two fighters, obvious concern on his face.

"What...What the hell is going on!? why are you fighting Pride by yourself?!" David asked.

"......and why do you look more...muscular...?" David said, confusion evident in his voice.

"Huh? David-" Pride dashed forward as Gabriel was distracted by the wrestler, grabbing her by the face, attempting to once again slam her into the ground. Gabriel gritted her teeth, delivering a punch directly to Pride's jaw, her hand shattering on impact.

"You're getting distracted? Now? Keep you're head in the game, since we're just getting started." Pride instantly countered her, delivering a swift punch to Gabriel's jaw, sending her flying.

She swiftly planted her feet into the ground, slowing down her impact. "Y-Yes sir...!" She shouted out.

"T-training?" David said, confusion obvious in his voice.

"So...this is what she's been doing this whole time....she's been...training to get stronger...with Pride?" David thought. that would explain the explosions he'd been seeing.

"Well...if Pride agreed to train her...It ain't like I should interfere...." He said although he didn't like the sight of Gabriel getting brutalized so intensely.

David sighed.

"You ain't planning on killing her, right?" David asked Pride, folding his arms.

"She dead?" Pride said, creating stilts made of shadows to get onto eye-level with David.

"We've been going for around a day and she's alive, so go away."
David nodded.

"...Ill leave you to your work then"

".....If there is one thing I understand, it's the desire for strength. If this is how she wants to get stronger, I won't interfere" he shrugged.

"No." Pandora's Actor said, putting a hand on David to keep him in place
"Get off me dude." David said bluntly, gripping Pandora's hand.

"I ain't planning on causing a scene."

"If you understand that, then go away. Mind you, I'm only doing this for a month before I send you guys off, so get to training. Lest you want to join in on our session." Pride said.
"Pandora is right." David said, beginning to stretch his muscles.

"My wife told me I need to start working harder with my training anyway, so appreciate the opportunity to train with a tough guy like you." David said.

David assumed a wrestling stance, ready to begin his combat training.

"Pandora is right." David said, beginning to stretch his muscles.

"My wife told me I need to start working harder with my training anyway, so appreciate the opportunity to train with a tough guy like you." David said.

David assumed a wrestling stance, ready to begin his combat training.
"Alright."

David could feel a tiny fist slam into his abdomen, but the force such a small hand produced was far more than enough to turn his insides into a mushy pulp like substance. The resulting force sent David flying through dozens of mountains.

"Did you go harder on him than you did with me...?" Gabriel asked, crossing her arms. Pride shrugged, David's blood covering his fist.

"Maybe. Maybe not."

Back