• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

A voice boomed throughout the arena.

"Many are emotions... This world is made of thought and emotions. From the lamentations and despair of the collective human unconsciousness are born calamities that plague the minds of every human across every realm. Your lamentation will today give birth to a calamity."

It was not a message aimed specifically at King Tiger... No, it was a message aimed at anybody who would dare walk the path, and anybody who accidentally stumbled upon it.

Masayoshi's eyes opened. She landed on her feet, looking shocked, sad, and happy all at once, giving off a very confusing overall vibe.

"It works. The plan works..." Masayoshi said, "Where's David?"

"He went to get some air," Towa said, "You need him for it?"

"Kind of. I have something I want to say to him when he comes back."

A voice boomed throughout the arena.

"Many are emotions... This world is made of thought and emotions. From the lamentations and despair of the collective human unconsciousness are born calamities that plague the minds of every human across every realm. Your lamentation will today give birth to a calamity."

It was not a message aimed specifically at King Tiger... No, it was a message aimed at anybody who would dare walk the path, and anybody who accidentally stumbled upon it.

David glanced around, suddenly on edge.

"Emotions? Calamity? What the hell is going on?!” David yelled, immediately put on guard by the mysterious words.

“Shit….did I walk into a trap of some kind…?”David thought. He cursed himself for falling for yet another trick, as he kept looking around the arena.

(Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump. I'm gonna respond to Midas in a second but-- Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump.)

David glanced around, suddenly on edge.

"Emotions? Calamity? What the hell is going on?!” David yelled, immediately put on guard by the mysterious words.

“Shit….did I walk into a trap of some kind…?”David thought. He cursed himself for falling for yet another trick, as he kept looking around the arena.
"There is no turning back. Time to test your mettle."

In the center of the arena manifested a large purple mist... It floated around there for a few seconds before compressing, forming a humanoid shape. The mist was then given flesh and bone, forming two people...

"In front of you, you have a cherished person. Somebody you have been bound to by the vows of marriage, and care for deeply. You claim you would dive into the depths of the most chaotic worlds for her."

It formed Masayoshi.

"You claim to sacrifice everything for a single person. But what if that person was born into dire circumstances? No home to call their own and the only thing they have to their name, a loving wife, and a daughter."

It formed a small family, all of them clearly in dire circumstances without food or money. They didn't notice King Tiger was there, as it seemed as if unlike the copy of Masayoshi, they were a real family that didn't know they were even there.

"Who will die and who will live?"

“W-what….?” David said. Glancing at the family.

“I….I have to choose….?” David said numbly.

“No….NO! There must be another way” he shouted towards the voice.

“I…I can save them both…LET ME SAVE THEM BOTH!” David yelled. His brain felt like it was on fire. Conflicting thoughts flashed and mixed in his mind as he looked at the scene before him in horror.

"Please...PLEASE" David begged.

David began tearing up. glancing at the two groups with utter fear and hesitation.

He recalled what Masayoshi had told him back at Emerald City.

"A hero does what's right no matter how wrong it feels" He muttered to himself. But there was no right answer here. Anything he chose would lead to death, lead to an innocent person being slaughtered.

He recalled all the time he spent with his wife. His sparring matches with her, their talks, their proposal, their marriage. It was the best thing to ever happen to him. SHE was the best thing to ever happen to him. In David's eyes, she was perfect in every way.

He glanced at the family.

"their...innocent people...." David thought. He didn't know them, didn't know the depths of their struggle, but he felt an immense amount of sympathy for them regardless. He wanted to help them, wanted to give them money, wanted to support them so they could live happily in the dream world.

....but he couldn't.

"...what would superman do....?" David thought to himself. He didn't know. He would find a way to save them both, somehow.

"No....NO!" David shook his head, as the gears began to turn in his head. This was a trick. it had to be. That wasn't Masayoshi. that was a clone, maybe some kind of illusion.

"WHAT RIGHT DO I HAVE TO KILL THESE PEOPLE!" David shouted.

"to...to rob them of their happiness, just to preserve my own...."

"Masayoshi....my love.....my queen......my darling wife....." David said, tears falling from his face as he gazed at her again.

He remained silent for a long time, tears flowing from his eyes as he gazed at his two choices.

"....forgive me, honey..." David said quietly. He walked over to the Masayoshi clone, and pulled her into a final embrace.

"....VOICE!" David yelled into the air.

"...I choose....I CHOOSE THE FAMILY" David choked out.

"Kewl."

Said the voice.

"You made a decision befitting of your disposition, King of Tigers."

And with that, the copy of Masayoshi was violently crushed by a giant hammer, blood and guts spewing across the arena as the family dissipated, returning to wherever they previously were.

Blood and viscera splattered on Davids's body as he watched his wife splatter in front of him. David looked at the spot where she had stood for a moment, before vomiting onto the ground, the stress and horror of the situation too much for him to bear. He collapsed onto the floor, sobbing openly for a while.

Eventually, though, he regained his composure.

"That wasn't her. It was a clone. the real Masayoshi is safe. She is fine. SHE. IS. FINE" David tried to convince himself.

He glanced around the Arena.

"I....I have made my choice, voice. Release me!" David shouted.

Blood and viscera splattered on Davids's body as he watched his wife splatter in front of him. David looked at the spot where she had stood for a moment, before vomiting onto the ground, the stress and horror of the situation too much for him to bear. He collapsed onto the floor, sobbing openly for a while.

Eventually, though, he regained his composure.

"That wasn't her. It was a clone. the real Masayoshi is safe. She is fine. SHE. IS. FINE" David tried to convince himself.

He glanced around the Arena.

"I....I have made my choice, voice. Release me!" David shouted.
"Release you? We still have one more trial for you to undertake." Said the voice.

(Like I said to Midas in a PM this probably isn't going to take more than a few more posts lol.)

"Release you? We still have one more trial for you to undertake." Said the voice.

(Like I said to Midas in a PM this probably isn't going to take more than a few more posts lol.)

(yeah, this is just something short to help David develop, don't mean to clog the story or anything)

"A-another trial...?" David said, glancing around.

"Why....? What more do you want from me?! I already killed my wife!" David yelled, frustration mixing with dread in his voice.

"The final trial is simple..." Said the voice.

"Say you were faced with a decision... To rid yourself of all the fear and dysphoria you face from this person, while also ridding her family of its mother and wife."

The purple mist appeared once again... forming another clone.

"If given the chance, despite the hatred you will face, would you kill Rory the 6th?"

It was... Rory.

"The final trial is simple..." Said the voice.

"Say you were faced with a decision... To rid yourself of all the fear and dysphoria you face from this person, while also ridding her family of its mother and wife."

The purple mist appeared once again... forming another clone.

"If given the chance, despite the hatred you will face, would you kill Rory the 6th?"

It was... Rory.

David glanced at Rory, folding his arms.

"Would I kill Rory...?" David thought to himself. He hadn't considered that, not seriously. Rory was so strong that killing her would be impossible, that's part of what made her so terrifying. Always an insurmountable hurdle. Always someone who could do whatever she wanted, with him being completely unable to stop her.

"Killing...Rory...." he repeated. They didn't like each other. Rory has caused him more headaches than pretty much anyone else in the dream world. She was indifferent, rude, blunt, sometimes outright hostile towards him. And her morals were so divorced from his own that it was nearly impossible to get along with her sometimes. He recalled all the times they fought, how she had nearly killed him at the Arena. How she never apologized for anything she had done to him. All the trauma she inflicted, all the pain....

David sighed.

"But...but I couldn't kill her. even if I could, I wouldn't." David thought sighing. She had done too much for him in the past. They may be on bad terms, but the anger he felt towards her never extended into bloodlust.

"And...I could never do that to Kiara. Or Belial...or Gabriel" David thought.

"....I've made my decision, Voice."

"...I wouldn't kill her," David said, shaking his head.

David glanced at Rory, folding his arms.

"Would I kill Rory...?" David thought to himself. He hadn't considered that, not seriously. Rory was so strong that killing her would be impossible, that's part of what made her so terrifying. Always an insurmountable hurdle. Always someone who could do whatever she wanted, with him being completely unable to stop her.

"Killing...Rory...." he repeated. They didn't like each other. Rory has caused him more headaches than pretty much anyone else in the dream world. She was indifferent, rude, blunt, sometimes outright hostile towards him. And her morals were so divorced from his own that it was nearly impossible to get along with her sometimes. He recalled all the times they fought, how she had nearly killed him at the Arena. How she never apologized for anything she had done to him. All the trauma she inflicted, all the pain....

David sighed.

"But...but I couldn't kill her. even if I could, I wouldn't." David thought sighing. She had done too much for him in the past. They may be on bad terms, but the anger he felt towards her never extended into bloodlust.

"And...I could never do that to Kiara. Or Belial...or Gabriel" David thought.

"....I've made my decision, Voice."

"...I wouldn't kill her," David said, shaking his head.
"Alright then. I have heeded your resolve..." Said the voice as the clone of Rory disappeared.

David could feel a sudden invigoration overcome his entire body... He was clearly on another level of strength than he was before. He was then teleported out of the temple.

David scratched his head.

"What the hell was that about...?" David muttered. glancing at the temple.

"It was some kinda test...I think...? He thought.

"...and I guess I was rewarded with some strength...for confronting my emotions....or something...?" David said, trying to reason through what happened in his mind.

David shrugged and began walking back to the base. After what had happened, he was desperate to see Masayoshi again.

Pandora's Actor walked up to Masayoshi transformed as her and spoke in her voice

"So, what is it?" He asked
"Masayoshi!" David shouted, waving at her. He ran towards Pandora, wrapping her in an embrace and kissing her.

".....I just wanted to make sure you were alright, honey...." David said

"I just went through something....weird. and I was worried about you" David said, hugging her tighter.

((Considering Masayoshi can create like, billions of duplicates, David could legitimately make out with an army of Masayoshi's :unsure: )
galaxy-brain-meme.jpg

(Galaxy Brain right here.)

((I have poor reading comprehension)

David continued kissing Pandora actor, before looking away, seeing that another Masayoshi was a few feet away.

".....what?" David said blankly, looking back at the person he was kissing. His face contorted into an expression of annoyance, as he quickly pushed Pandora away.

"Pandora what the hell man! quit transforming into my wife!" David said.

Back