• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"When did I even ask?" Said the boy as he grabbed the knife Lance had launched at him by the handle right before it hit him, stopping it in it's tracks as he threw it away.

Pride skillfully dodged Shalamanye's assault along with the assault of David's arm tendrils, but with David's new and improved speed and power... Dodging normally wouldn't be possible. He'd have to be smart.

As Rory was immobilized by Pride's previous attack, the light of her blade did not shine as brightly as before, and thus, he was capable of using the power of his shadows to their fullest extent. With reckless abandon, he released a burst of dark energy that propelled him to the side, narrowly dodging David's attempt at grabbing him. He formed exactly 10-Tendrils made entirely of darkness, and on the end of the tendrils were scythe-like blades that were sharper than anything David had seen before. He created even more distance, even if he knew that David could immediately bring him closer.

"The more confident and prideful you get... The stronger I get."

His eyes turned completely black, not a hint of light reflecting off of them, as if Pride couldn't even see his enemies. In a single step, Pride closed the distance he had made, immediately removing David's hands in a clean slice, a slice so clean, that not even a drop of blood was on the blades. Pride's senses were heightened to the point of absurdity, not his speed, not his power, but his sharpness and skill. His sight was taken from him, but his awareness of the world around him couldn't be higher.

In an instant, Pride sunk into his own shadow, disappearing from sight. "And the quicker you realize how horrible of a match you, the most prideful person in this group, are for me..." David could feel something grab his head from behind.

"The easier it'll be for both of us."

If Pride was successful in getting the jump on David, he would throw the wrestler into the air, the shadowy tendrils he made dashing towards the wrestler in order to pierce his torso.

((David wouldn't be David if he didn't make a cringy speech every few posts))
"When did I even ask?" Said the boy as he grabbed the knife Lance had launched at him by the handle right before it hit him, stopping it in it's tracks as he threw it away.

Pride skillfully dodged Shalamanye's assault along with the assault of David's arm tendrils, but with David's new and improved speed and power... Dodging normally wouldn't be possible. He'd have to be smart.

As Rory was immobilized by Pride's previous attack, the light of her blade did not shine as brightly as before, and thus, he was capable of using the power of his shadows to their fullest extent. With reckless abandon, he released a burst of dark energy that propelled him to the side, narrowly dodging David's attempt at grabbing him. He formed exactly 10-Tendrils made entirely of darkness, and on the end of the tendrils were scythe-like blades that were sharper than anything David had seen before. He created even more distance, even if he knew that David could immediately bring him closer.

"The more confident and prideful you get... The stronger I get."

His eyes turned completely black, not a hint of light reflecting off of them, as if Pride couldn't even see his enemies. In a single step, Pride closed the distance he had made, immediately removing David's hands in a clean slice, a slice so clean, that not even a drop of blood was on the blades. Pride's senses were heightened to the point of absurdity, not his speed, not his power, but his sharpness and skill. His sight was taken from him, but his awareness of the world around him couldn't be higher.

In an instant, Pride sunk into his own shadow, disappearing from sight. "And the quicker you realize how horrible of a match you, the most prideful person in this group, are for me..." David could feel something grab his head from behind.

"The easier it'll be for both of us."

If Pride was successful in getting the jump on David, he would throw the wrestler into the air, the shadowy tendrils he made dashing towards the wrestler in order to pierce his torso.
David looked at his torn hands with obvious shock.

"H-how?" He shouted in alarm. The regeneration negation slowed his attempt to heal from the injury.

David was suddenly thrown into the air, failing to notice that pride had snuck behind him, allowing the boy to easily toss him to the skies. However, before the tendrils could rip him apart, he immediately created a portal behind him, falling into it. Appearing behind the boy, he aimed a powerful kick towards the boy's torso, sending him flying into the terrain if successful. Should the move be dodged, David would attempt to use his time stop to momentarily stop time, before hitting the boy with a vicious headbutt, the lack of hands seemingly not slowing his vicious assault of blows.

"THE PRIDE OF A WRESTLER CAN OVERCOME EVEN PRIDE ITSELF!" David yelled.

((David wouldn't be David if he didn't make a cringy speech every few posts))

David looked at his torn hands with obvious shock.

"H-how?" He shouted in alarm. The regeneration negation slowed his attempt to heal from the injury.

David was suddenly thrown into the air, failing to notice that pride had snuck behind him, allowing the boy to easily toss him to the skies. However, before the tendrils could rip him apart, he immediately created a portal behind him, falling into it. Appearing behind the boy, he aimed a powerful kick towards the boy's torso, sending him flying into the terrain if successful. Should the move be dodged, David would attempt to use his time stop to momentarily stop time, before hitting the boy with a vicious headbutt, the lack of hands seemingly not slowing his vicious assault of blows.

"THE PRIDE OF A WRESTLER CAN OVERCOME EVEN PRIDE ITSELF!" David yelled.
"Did you not hear me or are you simply deciding to ignore me?"

The boy formed a helmet made of shadows around his head to block the headbutt as he skillfully dodged the oncoming kick, and even though the helmet was shattered, it still significantly lessened the impact. David was then kicked away by Pride who viciously swung one of the bladed tendrils, creating a large gash on David's stomach.

"The more you boast like that, the stronger you make me. Don't tell me you believed you could overcome me simply by yelling about your pride? Did me being named pride not give away that acting more prideful would simply strengthen me?" Said the boy as the tendril that cut King Tiger hooked into his flesh as Pride swung David into the ground, again and again, the gash he had already gotten becoming larger and bloodier as the bladed tendril that was hooked inside of the wrestler was being violently shaken around inside the cut to swing David around.

"I bet you're used to the lectures by now... And I'll be real, I don't even feel like giving one. But I've already agreed to train you, so I'll be blunt and quick with this." Said the boy as he pulled David towards him, holding him by the neck.

"You're never going to get anywhere if you keep shouting out cringe like an idiot. There's always someone better than you, so stop screaming your ass off about your pride being able to overcome pride itself when that isn't even helping. You ready to get serious yet?"

Gabriel snapped her fingers, but David wasn't being healed... "Damnit." She thought. If she couldn't heal David, what was she going to do? It isn't like she could face pride head-on, as he was far too skilled and powerful for that.

"Quit lecturing the man and just throw him down." Gabriel said bluntly, "He's had enough lecturing and it isn't going to make him listen, believe me, I've tried and nothing has particularly changed..." Gabriel said.

"What a dark road you lead, Angel of Healing." Pride said, throwing David down.

"....." David slumped to the ground. blood streaming from the vicious gash that Pride had inflicted on his chest.

Yet....it wasn't the pain that shocked him the most

"wasn't.....wasn't I trying to change?" David thought to himself, laying in a puddle of his own blood as he began to comprehend Gabriel's and Pride's words.

"Didn't....didn't I say that I wouldn't make dumb decisions anymore...? Wasn't....wasn't I trying to become a better person....?" David thought. He was, or at least he tried to. Had he forgotten that? the promise he made to Gabriel? to his Envy clone?

"All those lectures...people made them...because they cared about me....right? And...and I'm disappointing them. disappointing all of them...."

"What.....what am I doing.....?" David muttered. blood flowing from his mouth. the power leaving his body as he stopped embracing his cheering ability.

he attempted to stand to his feet, desperately using his body control to keep his body from shutting down entirely.

"We're done here." Pride said as he snapped his fingers, allowing David's regeneration to kick in once more.

"I'm not going to kick around a man who has already lost this fight. Come back when you actually know what you're doing." Pride's eyes returned to normal as the tendrils he created dispersed.

"I've already prepared some quarters for your group." Pride pointed east, "Go there and rest for now." He said.

They reached the large house or whatever as Gabriel healing all of their wounds. "That should hold for now..." Gabriel's eyes had multiple bags under them, which was weird for somebody who didn't need to sleep. She seemed frustrated and exhausted, which made Rory worry.

"Gabriel, you should rest. It's weird to see somebody who doesn't need sleep look exhausted..." Rory said, reaching out to her. Gabriel batted her hand away, "Like you said, I don't need sleep. I'll be training elsewhere." Gabriel said, teleporting away.

"....."

"I'm gonna go train to." David muttered. He was tired. but the shame he was feeling overpowered even his need for sleep.

Walking outside the house, David began his training regimen, continually doing exercises to train his body as much as he could, using his gravity manipulation to increase his own weight to make the workout more difficult.

"That was pathetic...." David thought darkly.

"I....I am pathetic..."

Thoughts like this floated in his mind as he continued his workout.

Meanwhile, Lance sat in the house, deep in thought.

"How....how can we overcome a man so powerful," He thought, idly twirling one of his daggers in his fingers.

Rory sighed, teleporting outside of the house as well. She began to once again swing her sword, going through the motions as usual. "What am I going to do with that girl...?" Even if Gabriel didn't like her, she still saw the angel as her daughter, and she still saw Belial as her son.

"What the hell am I going to do?" She said, letting out a deep sigh.

Meanwhile, Gabriel walked back to the previous battlefield, her fists clenched. "I am... An angel. I am a healer, an emotional-support agent. I don't fight... Even as the Counter-Apoptosis, I was never meant to fight. Not until the day came where Rory would... would..." Gabriel stopped herself from continuing any further.

"King Tiger is durable... Rory is skilled, so are Shalamanye and Muramasa. But all I can do is heal, and my purpose was completely shattered when Pride negated my healing." Gabriel thought.

"Come on out, Pride! I'm not done with you. Not just yet." Gabriel said, calling out for the shadow man. "I want you to fight me again, one-on-one... No distractions." She said, "I want to get stronger."

The boy of shadows answered the Archangel's call, "You must know that in direct combat you have no place. You'll only be getting yourself killed. How exactly do you plan to defeat me? With a weapon, or with your bare hands?" Asked the boy.

"I know I can't possibly defeat you. Most of my magic would do jack-shit against you, and physically, I can't hurt you. But I really don't give a shit..." Gabriel manifested gauntlets of light around her hands. "I want you to train me. Just me, right here, right now. I'm small, and I can change that, but changing my form won't make me less weak. Believe me, I've tried..." Gabriel said.

"And your willing to stake your life on that?" Pride asked, summoning the previous bladed tendrils he used in their previous fight. "You better bet your stupid shadowy ******* ass I'm willing to stake my life on it you ****-sucking tar-eyed shit-faced radioactive ********."

"What a... Very Very weird combination of insults. I'm game."

Meanwhile, David was picking up the intensity of his workout as his feels bubbled up inside him.

"Am I really this useless?!" David thought angrily.

"All that work, all that training, and THIS is as far as it gets me?"

David stomped the ground in frustration.

"****!" he shouted out.

"Why...why do they even bother saving me?! They don't like me, I don't provide much to the team...." David said aloud.

David clenched his fists tightly

"I...I can't. I can't keep going on like this. I need to change...I need to do something...ANYTHING" David thought.

"but.....what?" David thought. He didn't know. He tried training, he tried sparring, he tried breaking his own limits, nothing was working. The gap between him and his comrades seemingly stretched to infinity.

"Will...will I always be weak...?"

Rory sighed, teleporting outside of the house as well. She began to once again swing her sword, going through the motions as usual. "What am I going to do with that girl...?" Even if Gabriel didn't like her, she still saw the angel as her daughter, and she still saw Belial as her son.

"What the hell am I going to do?" She said, letting out a deep sigh.

Meanwhile, Gabriel walked back to the previous battlefield, her fists clenched. "I am... An angel. I am a healer, an emotional-support agent. I don't fight... Even as the Counter-Apoptosis, I was never meant to fight. Not until the day came where Rory would... would..." Gabriel stopped herself from continuing any further.

"King Tiger is durable... Rory is skilled, so are Shalamanye and Muramasa. But all I can do is heal, and my purpose was completely shattered when Pride negated my healing." Gabriel thought.

"Come on out, Pride! I'm not done with you. Not just yet." Gabriel said, calling out for the shadow man. "I want you to fight me again, one-on-one... No distractions." She said, "I want to get stronger."

The boy of shadows answered the Archangel's call, "You must know that in direct combat you have no place. You'll only be getting yourself killed. How exactly do you plan to defeat me? With a weapon, or with your bare hands?" Asked the boy.

"I know I can't possibly defeat you. Most of my magic would do jack-shit against you, and physically, I can't hurt you. But I really don't give a shit..." Gabriel manifested gauntlets of light around her hands. "I want you to train me. Just me, right here, right now. I'm small, and I can change that, but changing my form won't make me less weak. Believe me, I've tried..." Gabriel said.

"And your willing to stake your life on that?" Pride asked, summoning the previous bladed tendrils he used in their previous fight. "You better bet your stupid shadowy ******* ass I'm willing to stake my life on it you ****-sucking tar-eyed shit-faced radioactive ********."

"What a... Very Very weird combination of insults. I'm game."
It didn't even take a second. "God ******* damnit..."

Gabriel's arms flew off as soon as she took a step forward, Pride's speed and power absolutely eclipsing hers. "Do you get it now? You and I are like night and day when it comes to power. Get lost." Pride said, turning around.

"Get lost? Not a chance in heaven." Gabriel immediately formed another pair of arms made of light, using those to replace the ones that were cut off. "I asked for you to train me, and I expect you to do that... So come on-" Gabriel was thrown into the air faster than she could react.

"For a glorified field-medic, you talk a lot." Pride jumped into the air along with Gabriel, delivering a brutal kick to her stomach that sent her crashing into the ground. "Ready to give up?" Gabriel writhed in discomfort and pain, "Of course not... It seems you can make even painless beings feel pain." Gabriel said as she got up, floating out of the crater that was formed.

"Are you serious, girl? You aren't a warrior, so stop trying to act like one. Do you plan to fight me until you drop dead?" Pride asked, annoyance in his voice. "If I can get stronger that way, then I don't particularly care if I die. I actually have a brother who is the personification of death so it's nothing new..." She said.

"...Alright then. Your funeral, angel girl."

For the next few minutes, Gabriel Artensia received the beating of a lifetime. She was punched, cut, thrown, and then punched again faster than she could react. She writhed, coughed, puked, and coughed up blood in the gallons. Pride did all of this without even batting an eye.

"Are we done here yet? I thought I told you when I kicked the wrestler's ass that I had no interest in beating up somebody who has already lost the fight." Pride said, picking up Gabriel by the hair and throwing her.

"...." Gabriel didn't respond for a few seconds, her body riddled with wounds she hadn't ever gotten in her life before. "Is this what people like David and Rory go through all the time...?" She thought to herself.

"This sort of sucks..." That was really all Gabriel could say as she slowly, very slowly, got up, her words muffled as blood gurgled down her throat. "If that's what you think, then just stay the hell down." Pride said.

"If I do that... I'm never going to get stronger. You know what David does when he doesn't get stronger? He cries. He cries and he ******* cries, and he whines, and he babbles, and it's so ******* annoying it makes me want to exterminate him." Gabriel said.

"I can imagine..." Pride said, seeming as if he agreed with Gabriel's sentiment.

"But here's the one thing he doesn't do... Give up." She said, causing Pride to smirk. "Is that right?" He asked, "Sure... He gets really ******* close to giving up, like, all the time. It's sort of a common theme with the guy. But he hasn't. I don't think he ever will. And neither has Rory. Sure, I hate her guts and wish she drowned in a pit of snakes and blood, but... She's trying. I can see that." Gabriel said.

"So what? Do you think that your them? That because they can do it, so can you?" Pride delivered a direct punch to Gabriel's stomach, "I never said I was them...!" She tried her best to resist but was blown back all the same.

"I'm just saying that just because they're flawed to hell and back doesn't mean that neither of them are trying to fix themselves, even if I hate them...!" Gabriel said, slowing herself down using telekinesis so that she didn't smash into anything.

"It's not like I've ever had many flaws myself... Always the smart one, always the reasonable one, always the victim, the one who should be apologized to. It isn't like I understand what they're going through." Gabriel said.

"And so... you want to acknowledge they're effort for once. To make them feel like they aren't failing at everything they do, even if you think they're failing at everything they do." Pride said, crossing his arms.

"Are you also a mind-reader, Pride?" Gabriel asked as she breathed heavily, attempting to repair her wounds with threads of light. "It isn't anything that hard to figure out, Gabriel. I can't particularly relate to it, but I understand it." Pride said.

"Understand what? Your a weird ******* demon, probably one of Belial's Shadow Soldiers, those of which have been sitting in the absurdly cold ******* infinite blizzard-matrix that is the tallest and most deadly ******* landmass in existence, Ulric, for so long that there isn't a number to describe how long you've been there, and you've been doing that until Belial got off his ass and scales the entire ******* thing like the awesome demon-god brother thing he is. You don't understand shit." Gabriel said, crossing her arms.

"Wow. Just, wow. I cannot even describe how high-concept you just went there for absolutely no reason." Pride said, "I'm a high-concept person... I talk about high-concept shit." Gabriel said before Pride began to chuckle.

"And, 'awesome demon-god brother?' You admire Belial, I presume." Pride said, laughing a bit, causing Gabriel to blush slightly. "...Yes, of course, I do. He's one of the smartest people out there, one of the most charismatic rulers in existence, he has noble intentions, cares about his family, somewhat now.... He used to, at least." Gabriel said.

"I still... love him, yeah. I've always admired him. Hell, he scaled the most dangerous mountain in existence and came right back to kick some ass in a war against a billion calamities. How can anybody not admire him somewhat, even if he is misguided?" Gabriel asked.

"No No, I agree with you. Belial is a good person with misguided intentions, and he needs some sense knocked into him desperately before it's to late." Pride said, causing Gabriel to tilt her head.

"Let's quit all this chummy shit and get back to fighting... I'm ready for round 2." Gabriel said, getting into a stance. Pride shook his head, before letting out a sigh. "Alright then, girly..." Pride smirked.

"I'll train you seriously, then. I've taken quite the liking to you through me hopelessly kicking your ass..." Gabriel let out a sigh of annoyance, "Wow, I am truly honored to have been chosen after being brutally beaten up." Gabriel said.

"I'm glad you are." Pride snapped his fingers, allowing Gabriel to heal herself, which she did. "We'll train for a month, no more, no less. And when we're done, you'll be a somewhat decent warrior depending on how the training goes. And a few words of caution, don't think that you've worked hard until you've trained seriously with me." Pride said, causing Gabriel to let out a final long sigh.

"Alright. I'll thank you for helping me out, at least. But seriously, why though? What exactly did I do to tickle your fancy?" Gabriel asked, genuinely curious as to why Pride offered to train her seriously.

"Let's just say that you caught my eye. You take no pride in what you do... You aren't confident at all, nor are you arrogant. All you want is to live your life normally and peacefully, even if you know that isn't possible. So let's just say... I like you." Pride said.

"Basically I'm not utterly, completely, unforgivingly, batshit ******* insane like everybody else." Gabriel said, "Yeah, pretty much. The wrestler guy is very low-key out of his mind and the swordswoman... Well, where do I even start...?" Gabriel cut pride off.

"Alright, yeah, I get it. So... When do we start with this supposed training?" She asked Pride, "We'll start right about... Now."

(I just randomly thought of a What-If scenario for this RP. But anyways, I'mma reply now.)

Meanwhile, David was picking up the intensity of his workout as his feels bubbled up inside him.

"Am I really this useless?!" David thought angrily.

"All that work, all that training, and THIS is as far as it gets me?"

David stomped the ground in frustration.

"****!" he shouted out.

"Why...why do they even bother saving me?! They don't like me, I don't provide much to the team...." David said aloud.

David clenched his fists tightly

"I...I can't. I can't keep going on like this. I need to change...I need to do something...ANYTHING" David thought.

"but.....what?" David thought. He didn't know. He tried training, he tried sparring, he tried breaking his own limits, nothing was working. The gap between him and his comrades seemingly stretched to infinity.

"Will...will I always be weak...?"
Toyoshi looked toward David, a degree of frustration in her face as a vein started twitching.

"I'm sorry..." Toyoshi said, the singular first person being used to indicate that they were defusing, as Masayoshi looked at David, "Could you stop calling yourself useless? The constant 'woe-is-me' attitude isn't going to help you get any stronger, honey.... Unless... That could be exactly what we need...."

Masayoshi hovered, crossing her legs as she thought.

"This enemy is Pride, right? Then maybe..." Masayoshi said, closing her eyes and peering into a plethora of different possibilities, testing her current hypothesis.

"I believe I know what she's getting at..." Towa said, "And it's good that she's trying it out so we don't go against him with a flawed strategy...."

(I just randomly thought of a What-If scenario for this RP. But anyways, I'mma reply now.)

Toyoshi looked toward David, a degree of frustration in her face as a vein started twitching.

"I'm sorry..." Toyoshi said, the singular first person being used to indicate that they were defusing, as Masayoshi looked at David, "Could you stop calling yourself useless? The constant 'woe-is-me' attitude isn't going to help you get any stronger, honey.... Unless... That could be exactly what we need...."

Masayoshi hovered, crossing her legs as she thought.

"This enemy is Pride, right? Then maybe..." Masayoshi said, closing her eyes and peering into a plethora of different possibilities, testing her current hypothesis.

"I believe I know what she's getting at..." Towa said, "And it's good that she's trying it out so we don't go against him with a flawed strategy...."

"Oh! Masayoshi!" David said in surprise, looking at his wife as she appeared.

"I.......I'm sorry" David said. a feeling of intense shame washing over him.

"Do you....have a plan?" He said

"Oh! Masayoshi!" David said in surprise, looking at his wife as she appeared.

"I.......I'm sorry" David said. a feeling of intense shame washing over him.

"Do you....have a plan?" He said
"She has one, she's just seeing if it'll work..." Towa said, hovering much like Masayoshi and crossing her legs, "I'm sure you'd much rather prefer your wife fill you in on the details..."

David...who had been deep in thought, was suddenly brought back to reality by the appearance of the small being. He was instantly put on guard, unsure if it was another demon sent to attack the party.

"....Hey!" he said towards the being, waving at it.

"You...want something?"
The being twisted it's head completely around, looking behind itself... While its torso was still facing David. It then turned the rest of it's body around, and did so once again, except it turned back to David.

The being nodded before running away from the wrestler.

The being twisted it's head completely around, looking behind itself... While its torso was still facing David. It then turned the rest of it's body around, and did so once again, except it turned back to David.

The being nodded before running away from the wrestler.
"....creepy," the wrestler thought,

"...Hey wait up!" David yelled, as he began following behind the being, breaking into a jog as he tried to keep up with it.

The small being soon disappeared from King Tiger's sight as he came up to a large ancient temple, the years having weighed down on the condition of the stone, moss having permeated most of it and cracks having ridden the pillars that held it in place.

David sighed, watching as the small being disappeared.

"What the hell was that about?" he muttered. He glanced around, looking at the area that he had ended up in.

eventually, he began examining the temple. it was clearly old....yet David could feel that it was important, or used to be.

he looked around, making sure there were no enemies nearby.

"...This might be an interesting place to check out...." David thought, walking up towards the temple entrance. He didn't want to take a break from training, but figured exploring the temple for a few minutes would be harmless.

((LMFAO))

David glanced at the inscriptions. completely bewildered at what they meant. Shrugging, he began traveling through the hallway, wondering what he would find deeper in the temple.
After a few minutes of walking through the narrow hallway, King Tiger reached an exit, entering into a large gladiatorial arena. The air was cold, menacing, but King Tiger could not sense any enemies or danger.

Back