• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Lance looked up to the ceiling, seemingly in a daze.

"I'm really going to die here," Lance thought

"I wonder...when I die...will anyone remember me...? who I was?...who I strove to become...?" He thought. he didn't want this, didn't want to die here. He was terrified of death. He had seen death many times during his days as a mercenary and was horrified of experiencing it himself.

Lance continued to panic, unsure of what to do. He had no plan, no ideas...nothing.

"Kiara...." Lance started.

"There are some problems...that can't be solved...with overwhelming strength alone..."

"We may....die here. but if we get out of this, remember those words." Lance said, continuing to stare at the ceiling.
Kiara stared at the ground, in shame. "We aren't gonna die, Lance. This is... my fault." She said, smiling forcefully. "I allowed my emotions to get the better of me and cost us a lot. Some hero, right? So worthless, right?" Kiara said, chuckling.

"I'm sure we can... We can find a way out of here alive." She patted Lance on the back, still smiling.

Lance's eyes went wide in surprise as he heard her words.

"Y-your right...."

"I...I had forgotten that there was someone among us aside from the three of us"

with some effort, he brought himself to his feet.

"L-lets find this man...see if we can learn anything from him," Lance said. He had nearly fallen into despair, but Kiara's idea gave him hope that they could still find a way out of this.

Kiara stopped kneeling down as if she was in a track-running stance. Blue flames burst out of her feet, beginning to form blue boots around her feet. The boots possessed little wings on the sides of them, like the shoes of Hermes.

"I'll go ahead to see if there's anything." She said.

Kiara released a concentrated blast of heat from her feet, dashing forward faster than ever before as she vaporized the ground below her. "This is my fault, so I have to be the one to fix it." She thought as she flew forward.

After a few minutes of flying, she dissipated the boots, stopping at a large wall.

“…..”

Lance looked at Kiara, obvious confusion and concern on his face.

“…are you quite alright Kiara? What would you gain by letting me hit you?”
"Absolutely nothing." She said.

"I... I did this. I killed the wolf and I put us in this situation. I need to be accountable for my own actions... I'm going to get us out of here. But, I need you to hit me." Kiara said, crossing her arms.

Kiara easily took the punch from Lance, although a tooth or two did get knocked out of her. "...Thank you, Lance," Kiara said, smiling as her nose bled a little. "I don't want to go on like everything is okay. Like everything isn't my fault... So, thank you." Kiara said.

Kiara sighed, "I'll try to explain myself to him... But I don't know if that'll work if they actually are angry at me." Kiara said as she propelled herself up using her fire manipulation.

A few hours had passed since they began flying and they soon reached the top of the giant wall, arriving at a large and luscious shrine, a large chunk of stone sitting on the shrine that sort of resembled a sword...

"Then I will tell you." The voice said, a figure forming in front of the shrine, appearing to be a man wearing considerably baggy clothes.

sKH4Fc2.jpg

"I am afraid you do not understand what I mean by display..." The man said, still indifferent to Lance's anger.

"I am not a watcher. I am an examiner." The man said, causing Kiara to tilt her head. "Exam...? For what?" She asked.

"If your friend will cease his useless aggression, I will explain."

Lance looked at the man for a moment. slowly, he put away his sword, the weapon disappearing into his pocket dimension. He was angry, but knew it would be useless for him to complain.

“what’s done is done…” he repeated in his mind. He couldn’t change what the man had done, but he could at least find out more about why he did it.

“Why are you examining us…Sir?” Lance said, barely controlled annoyance in his voice.

"A tragedy will soon befall this world." The man said bluntly.

"You've sort of been saying that... And you need somebody to help you, correct?" Kiara asked.

"...You are not who I am looking for, but I will tell you." The man said.

"The boy with the horns of a devil and the heart of a god reaches out to the tree of chaos."

"He seeks to gain control of the plant. He seeks to ring the world by its neck."

"Upon the 7th day of the week, he will arise from the ashes as the world's greatest demon lord."

"To stop the tragedy... A hero is needed. A hero to swat the demon lord. Neither of you is them."

"Belial? Yeah, that's my wife's son..." Kiara said, "What exactly do you mean by Demon Lord...?" She asked the man.

"The roots of the Qliphoth will sprout a mighty trunk, and then, no god or man will be safe. A demon lord will sit in the dark throne." The man said.

"And Belial... Is this demon lord...?" Kiara asked.

"If Belial is his name, then yes. The Gi Root, the primordial plant of the Earth, has allowed me to foresee it."

"I do not seek the hero. The hero must step up themselves if worthy..." The man said.

"And I must say, I am disappointed. Neither of you meets my expectations, despite the girl claiming herself to be a hero. This entire test wasted my time."

"I will let you go. I will not be letting the girl leave yet." The man said.

"What? Why!?" Kiara asked him.

"I desire to discuss something with you."
"Then I assume you will just let me teleport out of here then?" Lance asked hopefully

"once I return to the castle, I can inform our allies of what you have said. perhaps one of them is the hero that you seek."

Last edited:
"Then I assume you will just let me teleport out of here then?" Lance asked hopefully

"once I return to the castle, I can inform our allies of what you have said. perhaps one of them is the hero that you seek."
The man nodded as Lance was instantly teleported back to Belial's castle.

"What do you want with me?" Kiara asked the man, tilting her head in confusion.

"What exactly do you hope to accomplish?" He asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kiara was now even more confused than she was before...

"In the trial of character... You said you desired both peace and love." He said.

"R-Right..." Kiara said, nodding. "What does that have to do with anything?" She asked him.

"The other man was easy to read. Like all humans, he selfishly grasped at his personal feelings instead of advocating for peace. That is why he is not the hero we need... But you. What exactly can you hope to accomplish with such childish ideals?" The man asked her.

"I'll be blunt... I don't know." Kiara said, "As a child, I was born in a world where I had to suffer immensely to get by. It was a world where nobody could laugh or smile... Because it was broken. I was broken." She said.

"Until I met people I can consider my friends... That I know would have my back, and care for me. I was alone before I met them." Kiara crossed her arms.

"I know that it's idiotic and childish... And I sound like an idiot right now, I know that. But even if I'm just a useless brat... I want to create a world where everybody can be at peace. Where everybody can smile happily." Kiara said.

"If that isn't possible... Then what's a hero even for? To sit around twiddling their thumbs while everybody is suffering because of their incompetence? No. We step up, and we never despair! We don't back down! I can show you plenty of people who would agree with me on that front." Kiara said, "And I know I'll go through hardships... And I'll probably cry a lot, and scream a lot. But I don't give a shit, as long as I can make my ideal world. Anything else?" Kiara asked.

"It must be nice to believe the world is all peaches and rainbows." The man said, sneering a bit.

"Yep, it sure is! Now are we done? I want to see my wife." Kiara said to the man, impatient. The man nodded.

"If you ever decide that you wish to stop seeing the world through such a lense of positivity... Come back." The man said before teleporting Kiara back to the castle as well.

David who had gotten up from his bed. was walking around the castle. He wanted to talk to Rory about something. something important, and was looking for her. While walking around the castle, however, he saw Lance and Kiara arrive suddenly.

David glanced at the pair, confusion on his face.

"Hey, you two!" David greeted them. though his thoughts seemed to be elsewhere.

were yall training together or somethin? yall look awful" David asked bluntly. he noticed some of the injuries the pair had sustained during their trials, and assumed they had inflicted them on each other.

Back