• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Yamato smirked, attempting to muscle her way through his tendrils. However, seeing this was to no avail, she instead launched a large burst of electricity in an attempt to disrupt his focus. She would then attack with her gaze once again, attempting to launch King Tiger backwards. Should he still uppercut and slam her leg into the ground, she would retaliate by keeping her rotation, reversing the situation by slamming King Tiger into the ground with that leg before leaping up into the air and launching a blast of flame from her mouth. However, had she stopped him from attacking even momentarily. She would capitalize on the opportunity, coating her kanabo with red and black electricity as she swung it around in varied and unpredictable motions. Darting around King Tiger's body as she did so, the wild and unpredictable hits would strike various areas of his body. However, something about the seemingly random motions... wasn't random at all.
David activated his forcefield, pouring much of his energy into to increase its durability, allowing him to muscle through both the gaze attack and the electric shock. however, he didn't expect Yamato to reverse his throw, causing him to lose his balance and slam against the ground. landing heavily on his back. David saw that Yamato was about to breathe fire and rushed forward, using his forcefield to power through her flaming breath, his body rapidly charring as he rushed through the flame to deliver another vicious strike to her jaw before she could begin her next attack. using his time manipulation he stopped time for a brief moment, allowing him to circle behind Yamato and place her into a headlock as soon as time resumed, choking her and binding her atoms once more as he held her in place. at the same time, he would activate his gravity manipulation to vastly increase his own weight and that of Yamato, attempting to crush her under their combined weight as he continued to hold on to her body.

"Glad I could help you get stronger!" Kiara said enthusiastically. "I... I think I need to rest a bit...!" She said, seeming a little tired.
Gabriel nodded, "If you need help sleeping, I can give you a hug. My hugs will always put one to sleep, although since you are technically already asleep that metaphysical paradox... Isn't something that I think anybody here wants to have to think about." Kiara chuckled.

"I'm fine, Gabriel...! I think I just need a nice, soft, bed." She said, "I believe my brother's castle has some bedrooms. Be sure to have a glass of water before bed." Gabriel said, "Sure thing!" Kiara said enthusiastically before she left the room, looking for a bedroom.

"Ugh, my head..." She said, soon finding a bedroom, immediately plopping onto the bed and sighing. "What the hell is wrong with me...?" It was like every atom in her body was violently screaming at her to get up and go train. To gain more power.

"Just let me sleep, god damnit...!"

Suddenly, Kiara could feel somebody wrap their arms around her. "Huh, babe?" Kiara asked, turning to Rory who had snuck into bed with Kiara. "Having trouble sleeping, I see." Rory said, to which Kiara nodded. "Yeah, I guess..."

"Will cuddles help?"

"Probably."

Both Kiara and Rory chuckled, "But seriously, I'm here for you if you need absolutely anything." Rory said, "I know, and I appreciate it!" Kiara said enthusiastically, "You might even get a reward...~" Kiara said seductively.

"Aren't you the one who said the sex could wait for later...?" Rory asked, chuckling.

"That was now, this is then! I want my back blown out by the next sunrise!" Kiara said, licking her lips.

"Ah, this is gonna be a long night-" Rory thought.

Meanwhile

Lance was pacing around the room in his small apartment, deep in thought.

"I need something. Something powerful. something spectacular." Lance said aloud, holding a pipe in one hand and puffing it occasionally.

"When I was an assassin, I didn't need power. most dreamers arent strong, don't have special abilities. a single well-placed knife can drop most men to their knees but..." Lance said

"if I'm going to truly become legendary. I need to have the power to deal with the greats. to compete even against the gods themselves."

"But what would allow me to do that. I cant simply train my way to get that strong, that's illogical, a man like me doesn't have that level of potential."

suddenly. Lance froze.

"wait....I'VE GOT IT. THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEMS." Lance yelled out, much to the annoyance of his neighbors, who could hear him due to the thin walls of his shitty apartment. he made a mental note to buy a better room with the cash Rory had given him.

"I am truly a genius. truly Athena has blessed me with unmatched intellect!"

"what I need...is a summoning dream! not like the weapons or small creatures I summon normally. No....I need something powerful. something like what Kiara has!"

"But..how am I going to get a summon that powerful...? Lance thought.

"no. the summon doesn't need to be strong, it only needs to allow me to fight the strong. the power itself is irrelevant, as long as it can allow me to harm the nearly invulnerable dreams of this world"

preferably something that befits a gentleman such as myself. but also something....flashy! something that will amaze and astound!"

"Now...how am I going to acquire something like that..." Lance thought. he sat in his chair, deep in thought.

Last edited:
Lance continued to sit in his chair, thinking deeply about how he would achieve this goal.

"Well, I guess there's no use staying in my apartment. for Lance Lafayette is a man of ACTION!" Lance said, standing up from his chair, he walked outside his home, and started walking towards a nearby city. while walking he noticed a local library. He decided to stop by and see if he could glean any information about summoning dreams. after several hours' worth of reading, he came across a rather interesting book.

"Myths and Legends, the Summoning Dreams of the past" The book title read, in big, golden letters.

Lance flipped through the book absentmindedly, unsure if there would be any useful information. however, something caught his eye. apparently, there exists a mythical summon. hiding somewhere in the deepest, most remote places of the dream world. a summon whose vary being rivaled the gods. who could grant the users every desire.

"This...This is what I am looking for!" Lance said excitedly, jumping up from the library chair.

"But where could such a realm exist? is it perhaps the legendary Emerald City, the city of heroes? no, that can't be right, if that's what this book was describing then surly someone would have taken it already, it would already be in the news"

"Could it be located in some kind of unknown dimension or universe of some kind? yes, that is a plausible theory. That would explain why so few people have discovered it" Lance thought. he put down the book about Myths and started researching Dimensions. after a few more hours of deep research and planning, he discovered something.

"A-HA!" Lance said.

"One of the dimensions mentioned in this book correlates nearly exactly with the place described in the book about summoning dreams!" Lance thought excitedly.

"The road to this dimension is said to be long and hard, but Lance Lafayette will prevail!"

hurriedly, he grabbed both books and stored them in his pocket dimension. hurriedly, he ran out of the city and started searching for the entrance to this pocket dimension, teleporting to various areas in the dream world in an attempt to search for it.

David activated his forcefield, pouring much of his energy into to increase its durability, allowing him to muscle through both the gaze attack and the electric shock. however, he didn't expect Yamato to reverse his throw, causing him to lose his balance and slam against the ground. landing heavily on his back. David saw that Yamato was about to breathe fire and rushed forward, using his forcefield to power through her flaming breath, his body rapidly charring as he rushed through the flame to deliver another vicious strike to her jaw before she could begin her next attack. using his time manipulation he stopped time for a brief moment, allowing him to circle behind Yamato and place her into a headlock as soon as time resumed, choking her and binding her atoms once more as he held her in place. at the same time, he would activate his gravity manipulation to vastly increase his own weight and that of Yamato, attempting to crush her under their combined weight as he continued to hold on to her body.
Yamato saw King Tiger rushing through the flames, launching a powerful knee to his stomach, negating his durability as she did so, as she was struck in the jaw. However, she wasn't anticipating the Time Stop, and thus took the attacks sent her way.

"You're not bad!" Yamato said, "But I suppose someone as strong as you needs my full strength, don't you?"

After a session of passionate love-making with her wife, Rory went off to train, swinging her sword vigorously. "Alright..." She focused her willpower around her body in order to strengthen herself, imagining fighting against The Dauntless Swordmaster in order to continuously improve her sword skills.

For hours on end, she trained constantly. She lectured Kiara about taking a rest, but she had arguably been training even harder... "No, this still isn't good enough." She thought to herself. She could still not channel her willpower into an attack if she wasn't under considerable pressure.

"What the hell am I missing...?" She thought. She was considerably stronger than somebody such as King Tiger who had already mastered the technique, and yet she could not still use her willpower to its full capacity. "That's right...!"

When she used the technique before, her mind was completely clear of all thought besides fighting. She was completely focused on her task, which allowed her to fight more easily. But this time, she couldn't clear her mind. "I can't believe I'm actually having a blood-related child. I love my adopted kids, but still... That's pretty amazing." She thought to herself.

"Alright. Clear my mind!" She psyched herself up, continuing to train as she attempted to clear her mind of any unnecessary thoughts.

Yamato saw King Tiger rushing through the flames, launching a powerful knee to his stomach, negating his durability as she did so, as she was struck in the jaw. However, she wasn't anticipating the Time Stop, and thus took the attacks sent her way.

"You're not bad!" Yamato said, "But I suppose someone as strong as you needs my full strength, don't you?"
"Like I said, Pro Wrestlers are some of the strongest guys around. underestimate us and you'll regret it! gimme all that you got!" David said. he transitions from his headlock into a suplex. forcefully lifting Yamato into the air by her neck and slamming her headfirst into the ground behind him.

(Sloppyly written, badly formatted adventure for Lance, don't read lol)

After hours of searching, Lance eventually discovered what he was looking for. a large, staircase upward. that seemingly stretched on forever.

stairway-to-heaven-endless-staircase-leading-33198109.jpg

"This must be the great stairs of infinity! exactly how the book had described!" Lance said

he took a step onto the staircase and immediately felt his knees give out. through some ancient magic, the stairs had been enchanted, so that the gravity of each stair was significantly heavier than the gravity of the planet itself. for a strength-based hero like King Tiger or Akari, this would prove an inconvenience, but for Lance.....

Lance could barely manage to crawl up the staircase, weakly lifting one arm over the other as he climbed. it took hours, days, months, but time acted differently on the strange planet. a year on the planet was only a few minutes for the rest of the dream world, extending Lances torture as he climbed higher.

"I....am the great....Lance Lafayette..." Lance muttered in between pants.

"This...is...NOTHING"

"To regain my glory....to become legendary once more....Ill do ANYTHING....even if it kills me" he said, choking on some blood that had surfaced in his throat.

after about 3 months of non-stop climbing, in which Lance nearly collapsed from lack of food or hydration he reached the top of the staircase. the only thing keeping him alive was his natural regeneration. the lack of basic food put him in a state of intense agony but did not kill him.

greedily, he took out the provisions he prepared for the journey, munching on them quickly as he limped. he had just completed the trail of strength.

ahead of him stood a Sphinx.

sphinx__winged_eternity_by_gaudibuendia_dcz8799-350t.jpg

"Hail Adventurer" The Sphinx said to the man

"You have cleared the trial of strength. now it is time for the trial of intellect!" The Sphinx bellowed.

"Answer my Riddles three, and I shall give you the key!"

Lance nodded.

"Someone of my intellect should have no problem with your riddles! do your worst!" Lance said confidently.

"So Be it"

"Riddle 1, Half-empty or half-full, they look the same. What are they?"

Lance thought for a moment.

"Glasses!" the man shouted at the Sphinx.

"a half full glass would look the same as a half empty one, since both have half missing!"

"CORRECT"

"Riddle 2 I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?"

"An Echo!" Lance shouted.

"The part about mouth and ears was a misdirection! it's not a person at all! Echos have no body, and can be carried with the wind!"

"Correct!"

"Final Riddle. You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?"

Lance thought for a long moment, before responding.

"There were no single people on the boat because everyone on the boat was MARRIED!" Lance shouted.

"CORRECT"

The sphinx looked at Lance for a moment, before opening its mouth, revealing a golden key in its jaw. Lance used his telekinesis to remove the key and placed it in his pocket.

"Use that key on the gate up ahead. and it will take you to your next trial."The Sphinx said, before flying away.

Lance hurried over to the gate, using the key to unlock it and stepping inside. what he found was an empty room. seemingly devoid of anything. however at the center stood a man. it was....himself?!

"This is your final trial. The trial of the ego, you must take on a doppelganger of yourself. should you succeed, you shall reach the treasure that you seek" a mysterious voice said, the noise echoing across the room.

"It's a shame I will have to kill someone as dashingly handsome as myself," Lance said, pulling several knives from his pocket. the clone responded in kind, pulling multiple knives from his pocket as well. immediately they faced off, knives and illusions flying everywhere as Lance began a fierce fight against himself.

They were evenly matched. every blow was perfectly parried on both sides. after all, they were both Lance, they knew each other strategies.

"To beat this man....Ill have to outsmart...even myself!" Lance thought. this meant taking a risk. doing something completely uncharacteristic of what Lance would usually do. He needed to be brave.

The doppelganger rushed forward and thrust his knife towards Lance's chest. Lance, knowing this was his chance, took the stabbing attack, the knife impaling his chest and just barely missing his heart. from his pocket, he grabbed a gun and pointed it at the doppelganger's head. with a quick flick of his finger, he pulled the trigger, and the Doppelganger head exploded. splattering Lances face and stomach with blood.

"You have passed the third and final trial, mortal. you have proven yourself worthy of obtaining our gift" The voice said.

Lance breathed a sigh of relief, before staggering into the next area.

he reached a small room. covered in ornate decorations. at the center of the room was a series of circles. Which Lance was able to immediately deduce was some kind of summoning ritual.

next to the circle, stood a small black book, which read the following

"Offer the circle a sacrifice of something you hold dear. if the sacrifice is accepted, you will gain the power you seek"

Lance sighed. he didn't want to sacrifice anything. but he had come too far. he couldn't turn back now.

"...I sacrifice my fortune. all the money that was given to me, from the kindness of Rory and Kiara, I give to this circle."

The money flew out of Lance's pockets, falling into the circle with an audible plop before disappearing. yet...nothing happened. it was clear the circle still wanted more.

Lance hesitated...and sighed.

"I offer my hands to this summons, A magician pride a joy. no longer will I have hands of my own, only the hands my summon provides!" Lance said, tears rolling down his face. He treasured his hands above all else. without them, he wasn't sure if he could ever perform magic again. but....he knew he needed something to give them. and this was what was most valuable to him

The circle shinned a great crimson had Lance's hands were forcefully ripped from his body, their regeneration completely negated by the strange power of the circle.

"Your resolve has been revealed, Magician! claim your prize!" The mysterious voice said, before fading entirely. a bright light flashed throughout the room, before eventually coalescing into a humanoid form.

The clump of light nearly blinded Lance, a sphere of untold power forming in the air before him. The being spoke to him, its voice booming throughout the area, forcing Lance into submission.

946e0b43ffe5cf6348a30557dd414120.jpg

"S̸̞̎̚p̵̢͂̃͜ê̵̳ả̴͚̺̙̎͐ķ̴̛̪̀̆,̷̯̿̂ ̵̱͂̍͝M̷̼͙̜̀͠ô̵͙̻̥̚͝r̵̘̰̓͂̏t̶̠̀͋̉a̴̗̙̲̓ḻ̷̠͒̊̐.̵̤̎̎"

Lance shrunk back, terrorize seizing his body as he beheld the being in all of its power.

shakily, he got to his feet.

"O MIGHTY SUMMON!" Lance shouted

"I have cleared your trials and given you sacrifices of my most prized possessions" he continued, lifting up his arms and revealing the stumps where his hands had once been

"I have proven myself more than worthy of your gifts!"

"I, Lance Lafayette, soon-to-be one of the greatest man alive, have come to take what I have earned! YOUR POWER!"

"P̵̦̗̬͌͒͊̌͘͠ǒ̶̧̠͓̯̮͔̏̐̕͝w̸̰̋̈́͌̄͘̕̚e̸̡̠̫̜͙̪̹̓̈̒ṙ̸͈̯̼̪̯?̴̡̡̇̚"

The being asked.

"I̴̤̼̒f̸̨̩̱̦͕͕͝ ̸̨̦̟̗̍̄̃̿̀͝y̴̡̲̘̠̣̌̋͊̽̈́̄ơ̴̡̧̝̤̤̞͗̾ų̵͇̝̗̀̈́̃͆̓͌͘ ̵̺̼̰̝͒̆̓w̸͍̆̈́͋̀͜͝á̷͙̒̈́̔́̈́n̷̥̯̞͎̎̋t̶̢̛͍͓̫̂̈ ̴̡̼͉̪̦̩̰͗̒̓̑̈́̕p̶̧̥̿o̸̱̮̺̪̒̒̏́ẇ̶̼̺̰̳̻̊̀̂͜ȅ̷̻̹̈̌̒͘ŗ̵̡̟̺̦̯́,̷͔̳̦͚̅͋͊̔ ̶̟̩͚̦͔͊͆̆͆d̷̜̞͕̺̪̐͛̆̕o̴̡͉͒̒͝͠ ̵̣̥̟̭̳̥̞͛̔̆͐͆̇̅n̴͙͔͑͌̽̉ͅǒ̸̡͚͎͚̘̩̈́͝͠ͅt̵̡̙̦̖̣͕̤̊̏̚ ̶̲͖̋̇̈͋b̷̛̻̼̘͕͎͛͐̎͐̇e̷̯̝̖̠̱̓̎̎̌ ̸̡̺͚̪̯̦̀͂̋s̶̨̨̛̫̲̦ö̵͙̞́́̉̕ ̵̘̘͉͍̪͇́͊̿͌͌͝c̸̤̍̋͐̄͒̊͆r̵͉̈̔̂̕̚͝į̴̜̥̮̜̀̑̓͝n̵̥̼̩̾̍g̵͕̜̩̖͂e̷̛̛̠͓̱̗̬̣̍͛̃ ̴̢̘̞̫͍̑͑̔̍w̸͙͍̥̿́̽̅̓̀͋ͅĥ̴̬͇̞̯̘͈͐̔̚e̵̡̺̮̅̍̀͜͝ņ̴͍̫͕̖͚̯̇͒̒̅̽̚͠ ̶͉̝̠͒̃̆̿̀á̴̦̰͎̼̂̐̆̀͑̚ş̵̡͍̪͚̳̗̇́̚k̴̛̠̙̱͈̗̺̽̃̇͑̋͠i̶̡̪̰̣̬͍̞͆̔̈́͑̈̑̚n̴͔̺̲̙͖̳͌͝g̷̺̊.̸͎͍̟͇̮̆͝"

"P̵̦̗̬͌͒͊̌͘͠ǒ̶̧̠͓̯̮͔̏̐̕͝w̸̰̋̈́͌̄͘̕̚e̸̡̠̫̜͙̪̹̓̈̒ṙ̸͈̯̼̪̯?̴̡̡̇̚"

The being asked.

"I̴̤̼̒f̸̨̩̱̦͕͕͝ ̸̨̦̟̗̍̄̃̿̀͝y̴̡̲̘̠̣̌̋͊̽̈́̄ơ̴̡̧̝̤̤̞͗̾ų̵͇̝̗̀̈́̃͆̓͌͘ ̵̺̼̰̝͒̆̓w̸͍̆̈́͋̀͜͝á̷͙̒̈́̔́̈́n̷̥̯̞͎̎̋t̶̢̛͍͓̫̂̈ ̴̡̼͉̪̦̩̰͗̒̓̑̈́̕p̶̧̥̿o̸̱̮̺̪̒̒̏́ẇ̶̼̺̰̳̻̊̀̂͜ȅ̷̻̹̈̌̒͘ŗ̵̡̟̺̦̯́,̷͔̳̦͚̅͋͊̔ ̶̟̩͚̦͔͊͆̆͆d̷̜̞͕̺̪̐͛̆̕o̴̡͉͒̒͝͠ ̵̣̥̟̭̳̥̞͛̔̆͐͆̇̅n̴͙͔͑͌̽̉ͅǒ̸̡͚͎͚̘̩̈́͝͠ͅt̵̡̙̦̖̣͕̤̊̏̚ ̶̲͖̋̇̈͋b̷̛̻̼̘͕͎͛͐̎͐̇e̷̯̝̖̠̱̓̎̎̌ ̸̡̺͚̪̯̦̀͂̋s̶̨̨̛̫̲̦ö̵͙̞́́̉̕ ̵̘̘͉͍̪͇́͊̿͌͌͝c̸̤̍̋͐̄͒̊͆r̵͉̈̔̂̕̚͝į̴̜̥̮̜̀̑̓͝n̵̥̼̩̾̍g̵͕̜̩̖͂e̷̛̛̠͓̱̗̬̣̍͛̃ ̴̢̘̞̫͍̑͑̔̍w̸͙͍̥̿́̽̅̓̀͋ͅĥ̴̬͇̞̯̘͈͐̔̚e̵̡̺̮̅̍̀͜͝ņ̴͍̫͕̖͚̯̇͒̒̅̽̚͠ ̶͉̝̠͒̃̆̿̀á̴̦̰͎̼̂̐̆̀͑̚ş̵̡͍̪͚̳̗̇́̚k̴̛̠̙̱͈̗̺̽̃̇͑̋͠i̶̡̪̰̣̬͍̞͆̔̈́͑̈̑̚n̴͔̺̲̙͖̳͌͝g̷̺̊.̸͎͍̟͇̮̆͝"

"CRINGE?" Lance said in indignation.

"I don't know what you're talking about! My method of articulation is cool and suave!"

"But uh....can I have power....please?" Lance asked in a lower voice.

"Ý̴̭̋o̶͍̦͋͑ṷ̵͐ ̵̮̇m̷͓̗̃̅o̵̜͖͗ṙ̷̢t̴̻͈̎̂ą̸̙̑l̶̺͇͐ś̵̙ ̸̯̝̈͑h̸̥͚͂̽â̴̱̞͛v̴̗̞̌ê̷̳̟ ̶̬͐̚ǧ̸̜́o̵͕̦͑͐t̶͓̖̉͘ẗ̸̹̀e̷͉̟͂̏ñ̵͖ ̶̻͙͌̾e̷̡͚̊v̵̩̓̀e̵͍͐n̸̟̑͜ ̸̺̖̌m̴̦̔̾ͅơ̴̻͘r̷̺̒e̷̤̩͊ ̷̜͖̋p̶͍̠̓̒a̶͐̆ͅt̴͙̞̑͐h̷̫̤̃̓è̷̥̫t̶̢͕͝ĩ̷̫̗c̶͉͊ ̶̣̞̃ȏ̵̱͙̚v̴̡̈e̷̪͎͌́r̷̝̦̐ ̵͎̩̀͐ṫ̸͚h̸͖̓e̸̜̺̋̇ ̸̱̦͛͋y̶͕̓e̷͍͎̎a̸̜͛͝r̷͍̀̀s̵̨̃.̷͕͂.̶̻̇.̸̛̰ ̴̝̍Y̶̪̝̌ọ̶̍u̵̹̅ ̸̙̀t̵̟̲͗̈́h̵͉̄i̵͙̝̕͝n̴̡̧̚͝k̶͎̈́ ̴̥̭͐ỷ̵͖ȯ̴̪̊u̷͍̓ ̴̩͓͋ĥ̷͎̇a̸͈̜͑͝v̸͙̪̐ȅ̶̗ ̴͔̖̐w̵̞̠̔͑ḩ̸͚͝á̶̢̘t̸͈̭͑͒ ̷̯͆̌ḭ̴̿͆t̶̨̲̎ ̴̣̙̔̀t̶̮̒a̶͚̙͒k̵̤̔ē̷͎̹ṣ̷̥̐́ ̷̩̫̅̈t̷̬̻̍o̶̜̱̐̄ ̷͉̫́̓c̴͙͗̐͜ǒ̶̦̠́n̶̠̒͒t̸͈̒r̵̪͑a̴̛̦͈̓c̴͕̔̒t̶̼͔͒ ̴̪̽͋m̸̞̓̓e̵̥͌͜͠?̷͙͛̕"

The voice mocked Lance, its distorted voice letting out chuckles and laughs. The winged cocoon glew profusely, opening and revealing a humanoid being that shot a glare of indifference towards Lance.

9b31eb540823167a0d87af9ccf8dc693.jpg

"Don't get cocky, mortal."

"Ý̴̭̋o̶͍̦͋͑ṷ̵͐ ̵̮̇m̷͓̗̃̅o̵̜͖͗ṙ̷̢t̴̻͈̎̂ą̸̙̑l̶̺͇͐ś̵̙ ̸̯̝̈͑h̸̥͚͂̽â̴̱̞͛v̴̗̞̌ê̷̳̟ ̶̬͐̚ǧ̸̜́o̵͕̦͑͐t̶͓̖̉͘ẗ̸̹̀e̷͉̟͂̏ñ̵͖ ̶̻͙͌̾e̷̡͚̊v̵̩̓̀e̵͍͐n̸̟̑͜ ̸̺̖̌m̴̦̔̾ͅơ̴̻͘r̷̺̒e̷̤̩͊ ̷̜͖̋p̶͍̠̓̒a̶͐̆ͅt̴͙̞̑͐h̷̫̤̃̓è̷̥̫t̶̢͕͝ĩ̷̫̗c̶͉͊ ̶̣̞̃ȏ̵̱͙̚v̴̡̈e̷̪͎͌́r̷̝̦̐ ̵͎̩̀͐ṫ̸͚h̸͖̓e̸̜̺̋̇ ̸̱̦͛͋y̶͕̓e̷͍͎̎a̸̜͛͝r̷͍̀̀s̵̨̃.̷͕͂.̶̻̇.̸̛̰ ̴̝̍Y̶̪̝̌ọ̶̍u̵̹̅ ̸̙̀t̵̟̲͗̈́h̵͉̄i̵͙̝̕͝n̴̡̧̚͝k̶͎̈́ ̴̥̭͐ỷ̵͖ȯ̴̪̊u̷͍̓ ̴̩͓͋ĥ̷͎̇a̸͈̜͑͝v̸͙̪̐ȅ̶̗ ̴͔̖̐w̵̞̠̔͑ḩ̸͚͝á̶̢̘t̸͈̭͑͒ ̷̯͆̌ḭ̴̿͆t̶̨̲̎ ̴̣̙̔̀t̶̮̒a̶͚̙͒k̵̤̔ē̷͎̹ṣ̷̥̐́ ̷̩̫̅̈t̷̬̻̍o̶̜̱̐̄ ̷͉̫́̓c̴͙͗̐͜ǒ̶̦̠́n̶̠̒͒t̸͈̒r̵̪͑a̴̛̦͈̓c̴͕̔̒t̶̼͔͒ ̴̪̽͋m̸̞̓̓e̵̥͌͜͠?̷͙͛̕"

The voice mocked Lance, its distorted voice letting out chuckles and laughs. The winged cocoon glew profusely, opening and revealing a humanoid being that shot a glare of indifference towards Lance.

9b31eb540823167a0d87af9ccf8dc693.jpg

"Don't get cocky, mortal."
"Pathetic?! I didn't expect one of the greatest summoning dreams of all time to be so judgmental!" Lance said.

he calmed himself down and began speaking in a more elegant, refined tone.

"Your power is vast. you are correct, I am a man ruled by arrogance." Lance kneeled before the creature.

"I humbly request that you contract with me. so that I may receive even a small portion of the power you hold"

"I may not meet your standards. but I have shown my resolve. please help me achieve my goals with your strength."

"Pathetic?! I didn't expect one of the greatest summoning dreams of all time to be so judgmental!" Lance said.

he calmed himself down and began speaking in a more elegant, refined tone.

"Your power is vast. you are correct, I am a man ruled by arrogance." Lance kneeled before the creature.

"I humbly request that you contract with me. so that I may receive even a small portion of the power you hold"

"I may not meet your standards. but I have shown my resolve. please help me achieve my goals with your strength."
"Being judged is something that happens to everybody in life. You are not exempt from the stares of those who see you as below them." The being said, floating off the ground with a sneer.

"And a Summoning Dream? You would dare liken me to a mere cluster of thought to serve you dreamers!?" The being said offended, "I have absolutely 0 reasons to offer you any of my power, mortal. Especially not to a mere trickster, desperate for strength they were not meant to possess. Give me a single good reason I should even consider this deal."

"Being judged is something that happens to everybody in life. You are not exempt from the stares of those who see you as below them." The being said, floating off the ground with a sneer.

"And a Summoning Dream? You would dare liken me to a mere cluster of thought to serve you dreamers!?" The being said offended, "I have absolutely 0 reasons to offer you any of my power, mortal. Especially not to a mere trickster, desperate for strength they were not meant to possess. Give me a single good reason I should even consider this deal."

"well....wouldn't you like to see what has become of the world in your absence? I will hazard a guess and assume you are not all-knowing. I am a well-traveled man if nothing else. I can show you what has become of human civilization!" Lance said.

"at the very least, I may serve to entertain you. surely you must be bored doing.....whatever you do for eternity."

"well....wouldn't you like to see what has become of the world in your absence? I will hazard a guess and assume you are not all-knowing. I am a well-traveled man if nothing else. I can show you what has become of human civilization!" Lance said.

"at the very least, I may serve to entertain you. surely you must be bored doing.....whatever you do for eternity."
"I do not care for the outside world, nor does whatever entertainment you can provide particularly matter in a potential contract." The being said bluntly, giving Lance a very stern look.

"I want to know a reason why you are fit to be my contractor. What exactly makes you worthy of possessing my power? What merit can I possibly gain from bonding with you? Go ahead. Speak."

"I do not care for the outside world, nor does whatever entertainment you can provide particularly matter in a potential contract." The being said bluntly, giving Lance a very stern look.

"I want to know a reason why you are fit to be my contractor. What exactly makes you worthy of possessing my power? What merit can I possibly gain from bonding with you? Go ahead. Speak."
"why I am.....? Lance said, thinking carefully.

"....my resolve....!" Lance said finally.

he held up his arms again, revealing their stubs to the angel

"I am willing to do whatever it takes to take what I want. no matter how great the risk or how dangerous the job, no matter what I have to do to achieve it, I will stop at nothing to achieve the fame and glory that I so desire. Whether it means fighting, deceiving, or bargaining, I am a man who is driven to take what he wants!"

"but my dreams have evolved even beyond that..... There is a girl out there. someone who has shown me kindness without equal. benevolence without corruption. I want to stand by that girl's side. as her comrade. as someone who can do for her what she did for me! someone who can help her achieve her goals while I achieve my own!"

"Please. give me the power to achieve these goals angel. I beseech you."

"why I am.....? Lance said, thinking carefully.

"....my resolve....!" Lance said finally.

he held up his arms again, revealing their stubs to the angel

"I am willing to do whatever it takes to take what I want. no matter how great the risk or how dangerous the job, no matter what I have to do to achieve it, I will stop at nothing to achieve the fame and glory that I so desire. Whether it means fighting, deceiving, or bargaining, I am a man who is driven to take what he wants!"

"but my dreams have evolved even beyond that..... There is a girl out there. someone who has shown me kindness without equal. benevolence without corruption. I want to stand by that girl's side. as her comrade. as someone who can do for her what she did for me! someone who can help her achieve her goals while I achieve my own!"

"Please. give me the power to achieve these goals angel. I beseech you."
Haha... Hah..! HAHAHAHAHA...!!! You seek my power to stand beside a woman? Really!?" The being laughed, genuinely bewildered by what Lance had told her.

"Abnormal? Not at all. That does not make it any less foolish, Evil of Humanity." The being said.
"Not in a romantic sense. the girl already has a partner" Lance said quickly, wanting to clear that up.

"that woman. She is my savior. she saw me, destitute and desperate, seeking to do her harm....and she took pity on me. gave me what I needed to stand on my feet, and never asked for anything in return"

"She is one of the greatest people I've met in the dream world. I can already tell from the brief interactions I've had with her that she's truly destined for greatness. and I want to help her succeed"

"Not in a romantic sense. the girl already has a partner" Lance said quickly, wanting to clear that up.

"that woman. She is my savior. she saw me, destitute and desperate, seeking to do her harm....and she took pity on me. gave me what I needed to stand on my feet, and never asked for anything in return"

"She is one of the greatest people I've met in the dream world. I can already tell from the brief interactions I've had with her that she's truly destined for greatness. and I want to help her succeed"
"Romantic or not, to sacrifice one's own body to be with another individual, whether romantic or not, is the height of hubris, mortal." The being said, "I will say though... It's amusing."

"Romantic or not, to sacrifice one's own body to be with another individual, whether romantic or not, is the height of hubris, mortal." The being said, "I will say though... It's amusing."
"She changed my life for the better" Lance said gravely

"without her kindness, I'd still be scrambling for scraps in that accursed mercenary job. she is the reason I am here, the reason I worked up the courage to make the climb and complete the trials. but I would be lying if my reasons were solely for her benefit."

"I want to gain glory and fame. to inspire and entertain the masses with my deeds and actions. to become a legendary being that's name is written in history. and I want to help the girl while doing so."

" I accept your insults. my actions were driven by hubris. you are correct to label me in such a way"

"Just....please...consider my plea. I beg of you to grant me even the smallest portions of your power."

"She changed my life for the better" Lance said gravely

"without her kindness, I'd still be scrambling for scraps in that accursed mercenary job. she is the reason I am here, the reason I worked up the courage to make the climb and complete the trials. but I would be lying if my reasons were solely for her benefit."

"I want to gain glory and fame. to inspire and entertain the masses with my deeds and actions. to become a legendary being that's name is written in history. and I want to help the girl while doing so."

" I accept your insults. my actions were driven by hubris. you are correct to label me in such a way"

"Just....please...consider my plea. I beg of you to grant me even the smallest portions of your power."
The being did not answer Lance for a few seconds, "And you are willing to accept any and all conditions I may propose in this contract?"

"Even if these conditions should put you in a detrimental position...?" They asked.
Lance hesitated, thinking for a few seconds.

"Yes. even if your conditions make my life harder, even if I'm forced through trials and tribulations that I had never dreamed of, I shall still accept your conditions."

"I have already lost my hands, already put myself in a detrimental position, and I'm more than willing to accept more risks to earn the power that I seek"

Back