• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Lance's hand froze. before gradually returning to his lap. He knew about the dagger. a bead of sweat appeared on his brow.

"Impressive..." Lance said, dropping the act.

"Seeing through a magician's trick....you must be no stranger to stealth yourself. you have my compliments, sir"

"now then...what are these...dangers...you speak of?" Lance asked. he wanted to get more information from this man. whoever it was, he seemed to know something about the job.

(Has Kiara ever even spoke to Yharon..?)
(No, but Shalor has, and since Shalor is under Yharon's command he'd know full well about her.)
"shit...." Lance thought to himself, his polite, gentlemanly facade crumbling as he looked slightly nervous.

"That complicates things," he said, still trying to maintain an even voice.

"I suppose...you work for Yharon too, correct?" Lance glanced towards the man.
"Bingo, I'm not the best in combat, but assassination, oh yes I can do that very well. Your Second issue is Rory. The great hero of the dream world. after all, they are quite close... and of course, the third issue is the girl herself. her summon is extremely powerful, and is part of what drove the Mercenary from nowhere off of her tail." Signus said with a glint in his red eyes

(No, but Shalor has, and since Shalor is under Yharon's command he'd know full well about her.)

"Bingo, I'm not the best in combat, but assassination, oh yes I can do that very well. Your Second issue is Rory. The great hero of the dream world. after all, they are quite close... and of course, the third issue is the girl herself. her summon is extremely powerful, and is part of what drove the Mercenary from nowhere off of her tail." Signus said with a glint in his red eyes
“…I see” Lance said, trying desperately not to lose his cool.

“no amount of money is worth making enemies of the strongest dreamers..” the man thought.

“The legendary Rory…the king Yharon…those are two people I’d rather not have on my tail…” Lance started, his dreams of glory crumbling in his mind.

“what about the wrestler, King Tiger? Surely he can’t also be allies of these people, right??” Lance asked, slight desperation in his voice. If he couldn’t kill the girl, perhaps he could use the muscle man as a back up. Not as much glory, but better than nothing.

"...well then," Lance said. deep in thought.

"If I try anything...that assassin will surely alert them to my presence."

"And even if I succeed.....Rory and Yharon are two people that I cannot cross under any circumstances..."

"the only way I can succeed is if I lure her away from her allies...and make it look like an 'accident'"

"if this was any other target I could do that with no trouble. but if she's powerful in her own right...."

Lance put his head in his hands.

"what the hell am I doing with my life. I wanted to be a magician. someone who could entertain, be adored by an audience. now I'm seriously planning crossing two of the strongest people in the universe to kill one girl..."

Suddenly...Lance had an idea.

"What if....impersonated Rory....snuck into the castle, and killed the women while wearing her friends face...?" Lance thought. it was perfect. he would simply waltz into the castle as Rory, lead Kiara to a discreet location, then do the job while she was off guard.

"Sometimes my own genius astounds me!" Lance said triumphantly, to no one in particular.

He glanced at the photo of Rory the mobster had left. using his shapeshifting and illusion creation, he shifted his body into the appearance of the women. The copy was imprecise, as he didn't have intimate knowledge of the women's body, but it was close enough to fool most people. even his voice changed to match hers.

"behold. the legendary hero, Rory the 6th!" The man said, in Rory's voice. he bowed to himself in a nearby mirror, before walking out of the cafe, preparing to teleport a few hundreds of meters away from the castle.

(Oh how foolish he really is, cause Signus "accidentally" left out that Rory was also with King Tiger, and as such Rory being back at all would get him attacked lol)

Ivan the Terrible walked around the castle and stood just in the entrance before letting out a cold sigh...

Ivan instantly turned and faced Lance... before blasting him back with a massive gust of Blizzard

"Rory is not back yet, and she certain wouldn't come back without one Gabriel at least." Ivan said before raising his free hand nit in his staff

"Let's block all movement abilities...《Dimensional Lock》" Ivan said, nullifying movement abilities such as teleportation and portal creation

Lance flew backward, landing on his feet several meters away. the cold biting into his very bones.

he discarded his Rory disguise, looking up at the man with frustration on his face.

"IS everyone around here a literal god?!" Lance exclaimed.

he dropped a smoke bomb, and tried to teleport away. only to realize...he couldn't. something was blocking his teleportation ability.

the smoke cleared, and he looked at Ivan, his frustration turning into unease...and terror.

"I...I surrender...." Lance said, lifting both his hands in the air.

“What…what’s going on!?” Lance looked around, continuing to hold his daggers in his hand. Using extinction dream to enchant them, making them even sharper.

“Ivan…IVAN I YIELD. You wouldn’t strike down an opponent whose surrendered…would you??”

“I’ll never try and attack the girl again. I’ll…I’ll quit being a mercenary. Just please have MERCY!”

"Wow. The guy must really suck, probably would've done better just coming to face me directly." She said, chuckling a bit.
Lance perked up, upon seeing Kiara's appearance.

"THIS IS MY CHANCE," he thought.

"Kiara! I am the Magical Mercenary, the legendary Lance Lafayette!" the man yelled

"I challenge you to open combat! no more sneaking around plotting to fight you. Just you and me!"

"I need this money. I can't fail another job!" Lance said desperately.

Lance perked up, upon seeing Kiara's appearance.

"THIS IS MY CHANCE," he thought.

"Kiara! I am the Magical Mercenary, the legendary Lance Lafayette!" the man yelled

"I challenge you to open combat! no more sneaking around plotting to fight you. Just you and me!"

"I need this money. I can't fail another job!" Lance said desperately.
"Or I can just... Give you money. I mean, I'm not opposed to a match, not at all! But my wife is really loaded. If you want me to ask her to give you some cash, I'm sure she'd oblige." Kiara said.

"Or I can just... Give you money. I mean, I'm not opposed to a match, not at all! But my wife is really loaded. If you want me to ask her to give you some cash, I'm sure she'd oblige." Kiara said.
Lance glanced at her for a second.

“you’d…willing give money…to me?”

“I…I was here to kill you…you have no reason to show me such generosity” Lance said, genuinely taken aback.

Lance glanced at her for a second.

“you’d…willing give money…to me?”

“I…I was here to kill you…you have no reason to show me such generosity” Lance said, genuinely taken aback.
"So? You don't seem like a guy who would kill for absolutely no reason. I want to give you money, not for any particular reason." Kiara said.

"Some people are simply good-hearted. Though I doubt Rory would take to kindly to the detail you came here to kill Kiara." Signus said casually
“…good hearted?” Lance said. Obviously confused.

“most of the people I’ve met here. They aren’t…they aren’t like this…I never knew…that their were people so kind in the dream world…”

"So? You don't seem like a guy who would kill for absolutely no reason. I want to give you money, not for any particular reason." Kiara said.
Lance suddenly dashed towards her, appearing a meter in front of her. But instead of attacking…he bowed. Bowed to the women who he had meant to kill.

“..thank you. Kiara.”

“But a gentleman like myself can not simply take handouts without offering a trade of some kind!”

“let me…work for you. I’ll do whatever you ask, I’m skilled in both combat and deception, I could be quite the asset” he said.

Lance suddenly dashed towards her, appearing a meter in front of her. But instead of attacking…he bowed. Bowed to the women who he had meant to kill.

“..thank you. Kiara.”

“But a gentleman like myself can not simply take handouts without offering a trade of some kind!”

“let me…work for you. I’ll do whatever you ask, I’m skilled in both combat and deception, I could be quite the asset” he said.
"Work for me? D-Dude, I'm no queen or leader..." Kiara said, chuckling awkwardly at Lance's request to work under her.

"Work for me? D-Dude, I'm no queen or leader..." Kiara said, chuckling awkwardly at Lance's request to work under her.
“But you are a hero, are you not?”

“I hate to admit this. But one of the reasons I became a mercenary was to regain some of the glory I lost in the real world. I was…quite the famous entertainer before the calamity fell. But you. You have inspired me. If I could work by your side as a hero…I feel like I could both regain my fame and fortune while still helping others…like you helped me!” Lance said emotionally.

"Heh, looks like I'm not the only one who managed to get shaken off her tailbone." Skuld said walking up with a smirk on his face
“T-the MERCENARY FROM NOWHERE” Lance shouted in surprise, as he saw the man appear.

“a-are you working for her to?!”

Back