• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

thanks to Davids instinctual reaction, he was able to shift his body right before the point of impact when the sphere had launched him, preventing any of the damage from reaching his head, and thus preventing himself from losing his barring or becoming concussed from the blow. because of this, he was aware enough to activate his self perception manipulation, speeding up his reaction time to the point where he could avoid the sphere as it traveled towards him. However, he was not expecting the sphere to turn into a whip, the tentacle sending him flying across the room into a nearby wall, breaking several bones. the pillars SLAMMED into him, further battering his already broken body. before he could be fully crushed, he created a portal underneath him, teleporting away from the pillars and right next to Roon. Grabbing the man by the shoulders. he reared his head back, and proceeded to unleash a BRUTAL head butt towards the mans face, hardening his head at the point of impact to damage him further. If successful, he would grab the man by the face once more, and slam him face-first into the nearby wall, before dragging him across the room, his face getting ground to nothing as David forcefully shoved it into the wall while moving at high speeds, creating a trail of destruction in his wake.
As King Tiger violently dragged Roon's body across the room, Roon's head and torso were practically plastered across the wall like a large painting or abstract art piece, "Impossible...!" He thought to himself as his body was slowly destroyed.

"Impossible!!! I am of royal birth, I am supposed to be the one to rise to the top of this world! Could it be... No, it isn't possible. Have I underestimated this man?" Roon thought to himself.

"I, the great and honorable Dark Elf King, Roon Da Rac, will lose due to my own hubris?!" Every king in history held their own hubris, their own special tint of arrogance, one might say. Roon was no exception, especially due to him viewing humans as completely inferior entities to somebody such as himself. That hubris, if he did not have his overwhelming power, would have meant his downfall several times... It meant his downfall in his fight against The Devil, Kill-Gaia, and it would mean his defeat once again.

"How foolish could I have been!?" To deny a clash of honor between warriors was a fatal flaw for somebody of his pedigree, how could he have realized his own folly so late into the fight? He was disappointed in himself. "I have failed in one aspect..."

Suddenly, David could himself be blown away by an explosion far stronger in terms of damage than anything that Roon had previously dished out, what was suspected to be Roon's body now glowing a dark red color. "Yes, it was my mistake..."

King Tiger was launched into the wall, violently cratering it, sending hundreds of stone shards flying all across the newly made wrestling ring that Draedon had designed in order to increase King Tiger's strength.

Every. Single. Spike, turned into long and thin pikes that violently spun, igniting the air around them to around 4,000,000,000,000 billion degrees, and these pikes were launched towards David without mercy.

David was given absolutely no time to catch his breath or dodge the attacks as he was once again lit ablaze by the enormously hot pikes. The pikes then violently exploded while inside him, creating a large pillar of crimson light, which immediately turned into a large spear that pierced whatever was left of David's body.

"Not many get to see this..."

300.png

Horns had violently sprouted from the head of the Dark Elf King as his entire body healed from the vicious beating that King Tiger had delivered, said horns emitting an absurdly potent electro-magnetic field that jammed any of Draedon's attempts to continue helping King Tiger while also somewhat paralyzing King Tiger's body had he somehow survived Roon's brutal onslaught.

"You're name. Tell me."

(That's gotta hurt!)

David laid there, his body burnt nearly beyond recognition. If it wasn’t for the boost he got from the cheering crowd, he would have been a pile of ash. But the increased durability gave him enough strength to endure the attack. but still. it hurt. hurt so much he could barely stand it. like every cell in his body had been lit on fire. and yet, he didn't throw in the towel.

His regeneration, supercharged by the cheering, started healing his body. Restoring his muscles and making him look less like a corpse. With a might burst, he overpowered the mans paralysis and standing before him.

“My name…?”

“you wanna know my name?”

David suddenly struck a pose, flexing his newly regenerated muscles.

I AM THE LEGENDARY, THE INVINCIBLE, THE IMMOVABLE, THE INDOMITABLE, THE INEVITABLE

KING

he struck another pose, flexing a different muscle

TIGERRRRRRR

David said, all this in his exaggerated wrestling voice.

"AND THE KING TIGER THINKS ITS TIME FOR ROUND 2!" David got into a stance once more.

"YOU MAY BE KING OF DARK ELVES, BUT THE KING TIGER IS KING OF THE RING!"

"KING TIGER, YOU SAY!?"

An enormous golden portal opened up in the ceiling, a beam of light crashing down violently and landing right next to Roon as smoke covered the area, blocking King Tiger's sight completely.

"THEN I SHALL TURN THE KING TIGER INTO A MERE KITTEN!"

King Tiger could feel multiple whips of darkness wrap around his torso, layering on top of each other in order to make it harder for him to break out as the whips slowly tore away at his mental and physical stamina.

Had he not broken out, before he could use his spatial manipulation in order to bring both him and Roon closer together, Roon would instead pull him closer instead, launching more of the blazing pikes towards him. And had he broken out before Roon could do so...

"COME TO ME HOLY SWORD! OMNIPOTENT!"

d8wyrsr-c97f828b-689b-42a9-8ba7-7fa46b4dcd14.jpg

An enormous beam of light would come to consume King Tiger regardless, born from the Holy Sword Omnipotent, the heat and power that it released would be on an entirely different level compared to anything that Roon had released before, and had he tanked it, Roon would instantly perform a Gladiator Burial to whittle down his power even more along with the whips.

((I Probably should have attacked last comment))

David flexed his muscles, his overwhelming power granted by the cheering allowing him to shatter the bonds before they could sap too much of his stamina.

He used his gravity manipulation, forcefully increasing the gravity of the flaming pikes to the point where they fell out of the air, landing on the ground before being crushed entirely by the sheer force of gravity.

but…he could do nothing to stop the blast of light and that emitted from the sword, scorching his body to the bone. Leaving him a charred mess of flesh. Thanks to his cheering amped regeneration however, this attack was not as lethal as it appeared. Before Gladiator Burial could strike him he had already regenerated enough of his arm to slam it into the stone gladiator, destroying its weapon before it could strike him.

David was nearly at his limit, but didn’t stop. He was alone. Trapped in a dungeon. No one was going to help him anymore. He needed to overcome this himself. Without Draedon. Without Rory. Without Belial. He needed to win. Or he would die. What was driving him at this moment was pure, survival instinct.

David rushed forward again, long since growing numb due to the overwhelming pain he had been inflicted. Using his gravity manipulation, he ripped a large portion of rock from the ceiling, before slamming it onto the Elf like a meteor. If he dodged this attack, he would immediately circle behind the man and put him into a headlock, forcefully binding him on the subatomic level before attempting to break his neck. If he somehow escaped, David would grab a piece of the rock he dropped earlier and coat it in his forecfield, using it as an improvised melee weapon to repeatedly slam it against the elves skull, breaking the skull apart if successful.

Roon, in fact, did not dodge the attack that King Tiger used. Instead, he held his hand towards the giant meteor, taking control of it by using his extremely potent Earth Manipulation. Roon immediately retaliated to King Tiger sweeping behind him, by redirecting the meteor at King Tiger, causing it to crash into him. Roon followed up by covering the meteor with large spikes, which pierced King Tiger, and one of his vital points, his neck.

"You lasted long, King Tiger. But this is the end."

Roon snapped his fingers, and like when he summoned Omnipotent, the Holy Sword, an enormous purple portal began to open up in the air, a beam of dark purple light crashing down in front of Roon.

"Demonic Sword, Below All."

Hellsword_001.jpg

Roon the Holy Sword, Omnipotent, and the Demonic Sword, Below All, and threw them into the air as they both covered themselves with purple and golden light as both of the ancient blades... fused together!? Suddenly, the light of Omnipotent and Below All conjoined together to form an entirely new blade from Roon Da Rac's arsenal!"

Sword_of_Heaven_and_Hell_with_grade_box_2528Season_2_Episode_742529.png

"Blade of Heaven and Hell: Purgatory Driver."

A new singularity of power was born within the dungeon arena, twisting space and time by simply existing there. Roon was planning to completely obliterate King Tiger with this one strike, and it was clear David was completely outclassed in both raw power, and in raw tactics.

"End it."

With one swing of the Purgatory Driver, an enormous calamity of energy sprouted from the tip of the blade which flew towards King Tiger at alarming speeds. It was far too large to be avoided, and if by some miracle he tanked it, well then...

ImmortalHulk12Cover.jpg

If he somehow tanked that enormous calamity of energy, only god knows what would happen next.

Roon, in fact, did not dodge the attack that King Tiger used. Instead, he held his hand towards the giant meteor, taking control of it by using his extremely potent Earth Manipulation. Roon immediately retaliated to King Tiger sweeping behind him, by redirecting the meteor at King Tiger, causing it to crash into him. Roon followed up by covering the meteor with large spikes, which pierced King Tiger, and one of his vital points, his neck.

"You lasted long, King Tiger. But this is the end."

Roon snapped his fingers, and like when he summoned Omnipotent, the Holy Sword, an enormous purple portal began to open up in the air, a beam of dark purple light crashing down in front of Roon.

"Demonic Sword, Below All."

Hellsword_001.jpg

Roon the Holy Sword, Omnipotent, and the Demonic Sword, Below All, and threw them into the air as they both covered themselves with purple and golden light as both of the ancient blades... fused together!? Suddenly, the light of Omnipotent and Below All conjoined together to form an entirely new blade from Roon Da Rac's arsenal!"

Sword_of_Heaven_and_Hell_with_grade_box_2528Season_2_Episode_742529.png

"Blade of Heaven and Hell: Purgatory Driver."

A new singularity of power was born within the dungeon arena, twisting space and time by simply existing there. Roon was planning to completely obliterate King Tiger with this one strike, and it was clear David was completely outclassed in both raw power, and in raw tactics.

"End it."

With one swing of the Purgatory Driver, an enormous calamity of energy sprouted from the tip of the blade which flew towards King Tiger at alarming speeds. It was far too large to be avoided, and if by some miracle he tanked it, well then...

ImmortalHulk12Cover.jpg

If he somehow tanked that enormous calamity of energy, only god knows what would happen next.
David looked at the incoming attack, clutching his neck as the blast flew towards him, blood still spouting from the open wound.

Avoid it? no, it was too big, it was nearly the size of the room.

Overpower it? no, he couldn't output that level of strength, even with a crowd.

Hide behind something? no. anything he tried to hide behind would be atomized.

the only choice would be to endure it.

with a deranged smile on his face, he took a wide stance. tensing all of his body and waiting for impact. he would use all his defensive powers to take this.

"I AM THE INVINCIBLE KING TIGER" David shouted, seconds before the blast washed over him.

He used his body control, hardening his muscles, skin, and bone, making them akin to layers of armor, protecting his vitals.

He poured all his energy into his forcefield, the shield strengthening and fluctuating as it received all the power David had gotten from cheering.

He activated his conceptual manipulation, dampening the attack on the conceptual level as it touched his body.

he used his damage transferal, transferring the damage from the attack to the environment around him, rapidly destroying it as it took the brunt of the damage.

He used his gravity manipulation to anchor himself to the ground, preventing him from moving as the blast washed over him.

and finally, he used his causality manipulation, hoping to negate a part of the effect of the attack before it could hit him.

he combined all these powers and used them in tandem. he wouldn't die here. he would see his wife again. he would hold her in his arms again.

(It's his own energy, he can dispel it and then just spam it back lol. What I wanna know is why King Tiger doesn't use his dozens of other defensive hax to just tank it. He has a forcefield, he has damage transferal lol.)
(This was actually my first idea lol, but I got scared when you said you didn't know how he would survive without plot, so I figured he just flat out couldn't tank it or somethin))

David looked at the incoming attack, clutching his neck as the blast flew towards him, blood still spouting from the open wound.

Avoid it? no, it was too big, it was nearly the size of the room.

Overpower it? no, he couldn't output that level of strength, even with a crowd.

Hide behind something? no. anything he tried to hide behind would be atomized.

the only choice would be to endure it.

with a deranged smile on his face, he took a wide stance. tensing all of his body and waiting for impact. he would use all his defensive powers to take this.

"I AM THE INVINCIBLE KING TIGER" David shouted, seconds before the blast washed over him.

He used his body control, hardening his muscles, skin, and bone, making them akin to layers of armor, protecting his vitals.

He poured all his energy into his forcefield, the shield strengthening and fluctuating as it received all the power David had gotten from cheering.

He activated his conceptual manipulation, dampening the attack on the conceptual level as it touched his body.

he used his damage transferal, transferring the damage from the attack to the environment around him, rapidly destroying it as it took the brunt of the damage.

He used his gravity manipulation to anchor himself to the ground, preventing him from moving as the blast washed over him.

and finally, he used his causality manipulation, hoping to negate a part of the effect of the attack before it could hit him.

he combined all these powers and used them in tandem. he wouldn't die here. he would see his wife again. he would hold her in his arms again.
"What is this!?"

Roon yelled, surprised that his attack was slowly failing to damage King Tiger. "Could this be... It seems he has put all of his wills into defending against this attack. It won't be enough to stop it completely though..." Roon's armor slowly cracked and broke, as well as his skin.

"This is the price for using the Purgatory Drive even once? I should have been capable of defeating him easily had I simply continued to whittle him down... I was impatient." Roon said, his body slowly turning into dust.

"Although it wasn't a conventional defeat..." And soon..

"It is my loss, King Tiger." He was gone.

(Gonna just rush this forward lol.)

David looked at the man as he turned to dust.

"I'm still... too weak..." David said. he had won. but the victory was bittersweet.

"If he had just waited a bit longer...I would have died...." David said, collapsing forward onto the ground next to the pile of dust.

"You won that fight, Roon. I'm still....missing something"

David continued to lay on the ground, deep in thought and weak from the intense beating.

"By the way David, that crowd was fake. Please pull yourself together regardless." Draedon said matter-of-factly
"god damn it Draedon, all the hype, and I didn't even have a real audience?"

he remained silent for a long time.

"well...at least I'm alive..." David said a small smile on his face. despite the odds, he was still breathing, and if nothing else, that was something to be thankful for.

Gabriel stared down her enemy, her eyes dilating quickly to focus on it. The beast dashed forward, delivering a violent punch towards her. "This will be far easier than I thought it would be." She said, casually snapping her fingers which summonsed hundreds of magical circles that shot lasers of light that would vaporize the beast on contact. "Just to be safe though..."

She formed a magical circle under the beast which generated a large spike of light that pierced the beast, "Dang. I honestly didn't expect this fight to be so easy..." She thought to herself, sighing in relief, and in some disappointment due to actually having felt slightly worried about what the beast would do to combat her. "Or maybe not..."

The beast's body broke into thousands of different pieces upon being pierced and vaporized by the attacks made of light that Gabriel had formed, causing her eyes to widen. "What the heaven...?" She said, greatly confused by what was going on. "Is it... Transforming?" She said. The pieces of the beast then began to clump together to form something new, it was indeed transforming.

"I better take care of it before it finishes it's transformation then-"

Before Gabriel could finish her sentence, she could fill something violently crash against her fragile stomach, causing her to be blown back, wrenching in extreme pain from the sudden attack. "Damn... What's the point of being a being that feels no pain when everything with a pulse can cause pain to people like that...?" She thought to herself, stumbling up as she looked at the enemy that stood before her. "A knight, huh...?"

daniartist90-demon-warrior-1-c39c42a1-7ghk.jpg

Gabriel analyzed the stimuli she felt in mere nanoseconds, deducing what exactly the newly appeared knight had done to strike her down. As soon as it had formed, it had created a weird black magic circle under its feet to increase its speed while somehow increasing the fragility of Gabriel's already incredibly fragile flesh.

"Statistics Amplification and Durability Reduction... I'll be sure to remember that. Speak your name." She asked, to which the knight did not respond, at first. it only walked forward, brandishing it's blade made out of the flesh and blood of the enemies that it had defeated over the countless battles and wars it had participated in. It was a bloodthirster through and through, but it did not desire blood...

"I--... A.. . m- Wit- ho..ut, a n-n-na. .me."

Was all that it said in that broken and distorted language... "Is that so? Whatever. It isn't like I really needed to know you're name. I just heard that it's common courtesy among warriors to ask for each others names... I'm Gabriel Artensia." She said before getting straight to the point, "Let's get this over with." The knight brandished his bloody blade.

"If-- ...you, w. .i- s,h t-t-t-t-to... pa-ss, we must battle... Enguard."

Contrary to the knight's grotesque and demonic appearance, it was clearly quite honorable and courteous. It got into a stance and dashed forward, those black magic circles forming under its feet which drastically boosted it's speed. "Damn..." Gabriel said, pressing her hands together. With that, a multitude of large vines burst out from the ground in an attempt to restrict the knight.

Had it failed and he either dodged or broke out of the vines, Gabriel would chant a spell that would cause the space around the vines to violently implode, crushing both the vines and the knight in the process. And as she expected, he managed to easily break free of the vines, but that was exactly what she was going for. She knew using spatial implosion would do the most damage, the vines were just a feint. But for some reason...

She couldn't talk.

Gabriel paused for a mere moment, giving the knight the perfect opportunity to dash forward grabbing her by the neck while attempting to stab her in the stomach, killing her in one vicious strike. "I can't talk... Interesting. I knew I should have never designed those chant-required spells..." She thought as she teleported out of the knight's grip.

But he appeared right next to her as soon as she teleported!?

"What!?" She thought as she was slashed in the stomach by his blade, jumping back as soon as possible to reduce the damage. The knight flicked his wrist, a wall being erected behind Gabriel which immediately stopped her in her tracks. "What could he be doing!?" She thought as she dodged one of his stabs, which was immediately followed up with a vertical slash which she blocked by bending space and changing the direction of the slash. "He didn't hit me this time... Peculiar. It seems whatever ability he is applying has a limit." Gabriel groaned.

"Think Gabriel, think!" What could the ability possibly be? Gabriel focused her eyes on the surroundings, looking for any possible signs of what he could be using to continue hitting and catching up to her without fail... "Distortions in reality." She thought, "Reality Warping...? No, this is to distinct. It has to be Subjective Reality." The ability to enforce one's own will onto the world itself. By simply believing he had caught up to her and hit her, it would come true.

"It seems to negate resistances since I should resist abilities like that... But it also seems to have a limit to how much he can use it in a row." She thought, desperately attempting to dodge the attacks of the knight, who wasn't letting up. Suddenly, a large black magic circle was formed around her, ropes wrapping around her legs, restricting her teleportation. "Crap."

A multitude of black magic circles formed around her, a practical dome it was, and millions of dark beams fired towards her. "I'll have to abandon my legs...! I can't tank this!" She thought, forcefully ripping off her own legs, regenerating them, and then teleporting out of the dark sphere. "He should be behind me somewhere..." She thought, expecting him to use his subjective reality to get the jump on her once more. She turned around, expecting to see him.

"No...?" Gabriel instantly turned back around, noticing the incoming sword that was thrown towards her, which she blocked by using her own subjective reality. "You're not the only one who can do things like that." By simply believing the attack wasn't going to hit her, it didn't. It seemed he hadn't prepared countermeasures against other users of the ability. The knight then spoke...

"Why.... WH-Wh.. y do-- yo. .u not go a-all.-- out...?" He asked her, causing Gabriel to shake her head to clear her mind.

"Is he referring to Breakdown? Does he know about it? He's either perceptive or has information analysis." She thought as the knight walked towards her, "I will make you use it." Why did he want her to go all out so badly? As she continued to rack her mind, he coated his blade in crimson energy, preparing to deliver an especially strong attack. "End this cycle..." Gabriel's eyes widened as a blast of crimson energy flung itself towards her, ignoring her subjective reality.

"I can't tank this...!!!"

But it was all that she could do. She massively amplified her physical abilities to have even a hope of blocking the attack, the crimson flash crashing against her body and vaporizing a large portion of her body. "Do it..." What did he want her to do? To use Breakdown? To kill him? "Why... Do you...?" Gabriel fell to the ground, her physical stamina giving out.

"No...!!! GET UP RIGHT NOW!" Gabriel ordered her body to get up, her body slowly healing. "Do you... Want me to kill you?" She asked, the knight responding almost instantly. "I want... To end this cycle." Gabriel's eyes widened. He was a guardian... And he could not stop guarding, even if he lost. "You're suffering, aren't you...?" She asked, to which the knight didn't respond. Gabriel groaned.

"I am... an angel. A mental-support agent, and a protector. I am meant to help people..." Gabriel fully healed, clenching her fists. "You are... suffering...? Endlessly fighting, endlessly guarding the Qliphoth... I will..." Gabriel clenched her teeth, her eyes violently flaring up as she pressed her hand against her chest, a weird sigil appearing on her chest.

65598734d628a16b8c8d02dc734f6723.jpg

"Breakdown."

There was no flashy light. There was no big explosion. It was a simple and swift transformation with Gabriel simply transforming into a more adult form, with the knight simply standing there watching as it went down.

"He He He... Haha...! HAHAHAHA...!!!" A cackle echoed through the walls and through the entire dungeon, a woman's laughter making the Earth itself tremble in fear from the soundwaves. "Aha..." The woman was incarnate of insanity.

c276ba8a8ff034c8058d5af339283f87.jpg

"Oh no... Oh no no no no no no, darling... This just won't do. It looks like I'm in inescapable peril! Hahaha!!" Gabriel cackled, her voice making the knight's center of gravity violently shift, making him almost fall to his knees before her. "Do you have a boo-boo? Let me fix you right up." She said, the night feeling his flesh rot and burn...

"Let Gabriel give you a BIG kiss to make it feel allll better!~"

In a violent flash of purple light, spikes of varying sizes erupted out of the knight's body, crushing and pulverizing his insides into a paste as Gabriel dashed forward, delivering a punch to his face that knocked him into the wall, displaying strength far beyond what she had previously shown. "Come on, Come on! You're treatment isn't done yet, darling!" She didn't let up for even a moment, constantly bombarding the enemy with laser beams and enormous explosions to constantly destroy his body.

"YOU WANTED TO END THE CYCLE, RIGHT!? THEN DIE FOR ME, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!"

The power she displayed in this state was on an entirely different level compared to before, easily surpassing Roon and King Tiger, and possibly matching even Ivan the Terrible in sheer potency... "Let's end this!" Gabriel pressed her hands together, various magic circles being weaved around her body, this attack would end the battle...

"Dominatum Astra."​

A Black-Hole of absurd density was formed on top of the nearly-dead knight, nearly completely consuming her arena while obliterating him out of existence, ending his cycle... "Did mommy make you proud?" Gabriel clasped her hands together, praying. "Did she? DID SHE!?" Gabriel grasped her head, transforming back to her original form as she collapsed.

The gap between King Tiger and Gabriel was broken down, giving them both full-view of each other. All that was left was Rory and her opponent...

(This was also rushed, but I'm tired. I'm going to sleep.)

(Long ass introduction post to Lance, he ain't interact with anyone yet so no need to read lol)

Meanwhile, in a Cafe, somewhere in the dream world.....

A man sits in his chair. Calmly sipping a cup of tea while gazing out the window.

d12nqosltik41.png

“This isn’t good,” The man thought.

“If I fail another job, I’ll lose my reputation.”

“And no more reputation means no more jobs….and no more jobs means no more money…and no more money means no more FOOD” The man thought nervously. He imagined himself, wasting away in the slums of the dream world as he went bankrupt.

“A gentleman such as myself…condemned to such a fate….INCONCEIVABLE”

“I need this next job to be something absolutely fantastic. Something amazing, something…FLASHY” the man thought, looking around.

A few minutes later, a man arrived. Dressed in a stereotypical mobster suit, he walked towards the seated man, and took a seat behind him. This was the man He was waiting for, the whole reason he was in the Cafe in the first place.

“I assume your Mr. Lafayette,” The mobster asked quietly, glancing at Lance.

“You are quite correct my dear sir!” Lance said, a tone of careful enthusiasm in his voice.

The mobster smirked.

“Heh. The great Lance Lafayette, reduced to this state. Guess all your parlor tricks weren’t worth shit, huh?” The man said

“Ha. Yes, I suppose it is funny. Even great men such as myself can fall on hard times” Lance replied. Outwardly, he remained calm. But on the inside he was furious. Ridicule was something he experienced often, but he never quite learned to accept it. Only to hideaway his anger.

“Anyway….” The mobster said, rummaging through his pockets. He placed several pictures on the table.

“There’s this group of harmonists that’s been grinding my bosses gears as of late. Normally we would approach a more…reputable assassin, but we ain’t got the funds for that”

Lance nodded.

“I pride myself on my affordable prices,” Lance said, a polite grin on his face. In reality, his prices were only so low because nobody would hire him, but he didn’t say that aloud.

He looked down at the pictures

“…quite the colorful cast,” he said. A wrestler. A white-haired woman. A superhero, a lawyer, a child who looked distinctly…demonic, a man in power armor, and what appeared to be some kind of King.

“My organization has done some…research into all of these guys. I can answer any questions you have” the mobster said lighting up a cigarette and placing it between his lips.

Lance's eyes shifted towards the wrestler.

“Give me information about Mr. muscles over here,” Lance said, pointing at the picture.

“Him? Oh, he’s King Tiger. A real goody two shoes that guy” The man said, puffing out more smoke from his cigar.

“You can probably already tell…but he’s strong. Those muscles aren’t just for show”

“Hmmm” Lance said thoughtfully. He paused for a moment

“Any weaknesses?” Lance finally asked.

“He’s a meathead,” The mobster said bluntly.

“His fighting style is as straightforward as they come. Easy to get around if you pay attention to him”

Lance nodded.

“He’s also one of those…honorable idealist type of guys. A real fool. Fancies himself some kind of Superman. Just kidnap a child or something and he’ll come running”

“Sounds like a good man. But…a jobs a job” Lance thought to himself. Based on the mobsters' description, he had already come up with a few viable ways of killing the wrestler. On top of that, a “performance” between a Wrestler and a Magician may be a pretty fun idea. But…

“I need to beat someone that will make me…legendary.” He thought.

He turned towards the papers again.

“What can you tell me about the girl and her superhero…?” Lance asked the mobster.

The mobster grimaced.

“Another goody two shoes. But someone a bit more…problematic”

“Problematic…how?” Lance asked.

“Her summoning dream. The superhero in the photo. He’s serious bad new. She’s actually a pretty high profile target in the assassination business. A few months ago, I heard a bounty hunter called 'The mercenary from nowhere' tried to take her out” the mobster said.

Lance spit out his drink. And nearly fell off of his chair.

“THE Mercenary from nowhere?? HE failed to kill her?” Lance asked, obvious shock on his face

“Look man, I don’t know the specifics, all I know is that he was sent to kill her, and she’s still alive” the mobster responded, bemused by his outburst and unprofessionalism.

“My apologies!” Lance said

“But that man is one of the great assassins of our age! The fact that they’re is someone he couldn’t kill immediately is…”

He leaned forward

“Fascinating!” Lance said.

“This is it. This is what I’ve been looking for! If I take out a target that even that man couldn’t…I’ll be a LEGEND” he thought to himself.

“I’ll have all the respect, reverence, and recognition I could ask for. And so…SO MUCH MONEY.” Lance thought. He was nearly drooling with anticipation.

“So….you want to take her on?” The mobster asked

Lance was snapped out of his thoughts and turned towards the man.

“You got yourself a deal!” Lance said a wide grin on his face.

“Good” the mobster said.

“Take her out within the month, and meet me here once you’ve finished.”

Lance nodded.

“I won’t let you done kind sir!” Lance said happily.

The mobster nodded and left the area. Leaving Lance alone in the Cafe again.

Back