• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VII: Waiting for Main Story Chapter 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but no.

They only do girls since they're more emotional during puberty thanks to his cultivating of mankind according to Kyubey, if there was an emotional boy, pretty sure he can contract.

I think the PMMM wiki also said that it might be due to the boys being prone to anger rather than despair, which actually messes up the system too.

SomebodyData said:
They only do girls since they're more emotional during puberty thanks to his cultivating of mankind according to Kyubey, if there was an emotional boy, pretty sure he can contract.

I think the PMMM wiki also said that it might be due to the boys being prone to anger rather than despair, which actually messes up the system too.
That is one of the worst explanations of all time

@Schnee really?

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure if your duty is to collect despair, you try to get it from the more emotional crowd. What am I missing here?

@Velox Kyubey is sexist

@Causality oh?

To say that it's exclusively girls because Boys don't feel despair is ridiculous.

That isn't how human emotion works

Never said that tho? Like at all.

Even pointed out its possible for boy Puella Magi (if they couldn't feel despair then they wouldn't at all)

It's not "boys don't feel despair", it's "girls are more emotional", making them more energy efficient

"To say that it's exclusively girls because Boys don't feel despair is ridiculous."

@Schnee

Also just because we haven't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist, kinda like Itzli.

Ye, but the point was that otherwise, we would know alien magical girls are possible, just not have seen them either.

So, me and SD had a talk regarding the show's OST, and in my opinion, while it is quite good on its own, it is also a bit lacking. Like, I can count the most memorable songs (in my opinion) with my only one hand. My point is that the series could expand on it by adding some more industrial themes, which would give it another twist, considering that the show is a deconstuction of its respective genre.

What do you think?

after rewatching mag.reco Ultimate Madoka, her second magia skill is considered what though? the one called "Everyone will be with me Forever"

madoka 1-A absorbtion confirmed OvO

So... Nagisa apparently opposes the Law of Cycles, pretty sure that might be relevant in Rebellion's sequel if that happens.

And regarding Rebuble's comment, what do you guys think? Personally, I think UKG could probably get a good theme that way if she appears in a sequel.

Thats just Ult Madoka being Ult Madoka, she absorbed everyone's souls already remember? @Shiro

New Doppel:

SYLVIE (Master: Ikumi Makino)

"The Doppel of attention-gathering. Its form is a wind-up doll. Although only to a very slight degree, the master of this emotion has unfortunately equated her pursuit of other people's smiles with the value that other people see in her. Her Doppel crashes its cymbals together wildly, and launches anchors towards the eyes of anyone whose attention is captured by their sound. The anchors will pursue those cursed by the sound, no matter how far, and are sure to steal their eyeballs from them. Should this Doppel's master continue to use it, she will come to feel anxious unless someone is always watching her."

Nagisa's story has been summarized

Key points:

Charlotte's fake body is more of a Snake Charlotte generator, it actually gets so bad that the city starts getting overrun by Charlottes.

Nagisa doesn't actually know who Ultimate Madoka is.

LoC Assistants have the ability to summon pink Kyubeys. Not sure what the deal is with that, but apparently they are there to supervise Nagisa under the LoC's orders.

Magical Cheese Archangel Angel is Nagisa's self-given title

Well its >>> an average witch that's for sure. Even magical girls aren't resistant to the mind hax of a rumor, and as a doppel+rumor it would be absurdly higher.

Alright, to address Kalt's point about Patricia's barrier:

Assuming the horizon we see is legit, and if the area of a barrier is circular in shape, we have the radius of 407.4 kilometers from 13km of height via this calculator.

S = ¤Ç*407.4^2 = 521425 km^2.

The area of Cyprus, our baseline for 6-C, is 9,251 km^2. So Patricia's barrier is over 53 times bigger than Cyprus.

Not telling everybody to take this at face value, just a thought I had in mind. Something is probably wrong.

1) No one is standing at 13 km of height. That's the height of the farthest visible clouds.

2) The horizon isn't visible, clouds block the line of sight

I mean, you could use 13 km as the radius, assume that it's a hemisphere (Because it encompasses only the sky, not the land below or anything), and find volume from here.

I'd prefer to calc the horizon if possible, but their height compared to the lower cloud layer is unknown afaik.

Not really good IMO, 'cause we would be assuming the barrier's shape.

That is also ignoring the issue of scaling the barrier to Patricia's physical stats.

Which means not scaling the barrier to her physical stats because Oktavia scales below Patricia.

That said, unknown dura is better because she shouldn't scale from Oktavia either

Kaltias said:
Which means not scaling the barrier to her physical stats because Oktavia scales below Patricia.
That said, unknown dura is better because she shouldn't scale from Oktavia either
?

I agree with Unknow durability though.

So...I found out that someone had requested to change Akuma Homura profile with the new one. The thing is, I personally thinks the old one is better. Not because the new one art is bad or anything, but the old one is just feels Natural cuz it's official art.

I'm going to request it to be changed again, but I wanna hears your opinion first.

Which one, the old or the new one that should stay?

Can't say the new one is bad, but for the profile I'd prefer the old one as it's from actual official PMMM stuff. The new one afaik is from that game which had collabs with a lot of anime stuff

RKGenki said:
Can't say the new one is bad, but for the profile I'd prefer the old one as it's from actual official PMMM stuff. The new one afaik is from that game which had collabs with a lot of anime stuff
^This.

I'mma remove since, spoiler alert, Divine Gate Akuma Homura by the gate's canon is not Akuma Homura. They have a different cosmology that treats Ult Madoka and Akuma Homura more like ordinary magical girls, without the omnipresense and acausality and such.

Also Madoka is a furry, yeah Divine Gate treats them completely differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back