• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VII: Waiting for Main Story Chapter 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kal yeah I guess.

That kinda reminds me to add more Kazumi profiles, but with Embryo Eve and etc, seems that might get delayed. Which is a shame, since the Kazumi and Kanna profile definitely need a bit of cleaning too.

Oh and while you're here, do you have anything you would like added or removed to False Madoka / AoC's profiles? I feel like they need a restructuring so if you have anything, now would be the time.

The only thing that I have issues regarding AoC is the "we can give it all the abilities of everyone" thing.

That's more its potential with mimicry than something that was happening in verse

Don't we treat AoC's situation similar to Yhwach's? As in, he might have those powers but never showed them

Hmm I see. That reminds me that we should remove Doppel abilities from AoC for the time being, since main Homura hasn't actually appeared yet and thus there is no memories of them.

@Peter and Genki

I guess? Quite frankly I wouldn't use Bleach profiles as a model

@SD

Makes sense

Alright, I'll begin with False Madoka first (Since its basically a weaker version of AoC) and go on from there.

Summary of Changes:

False Madoka, done.

Organized abilities according to the original users, added categories, significantly more detail behind the stats, and added its exclusive abilities to the notable attacks.

Finally released Durbar, who from what I understand, is the strongest witch in Magia Record outside of Walpurgis and possibly the Mirror Witch. And summon-able by Alina Gray. Neat.

Added Immortality (Type 4) to the profiles that need it as well.

Everything Else

"Oh I see."
~ Homura, not me.​
Have you guys read the translated parts of Chapter 9, part 3 yet?

I've been thinking, since AoC would eventually become a true witch and not insta-die from Ultimate Madoka, wouldn't that be Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation?

@Kal I think Paola might offer a quality feat. Also, do you know if you can calc the size of the barriers in comparison to buildings in the background? Because a lot of Magia Record witches have those.

Made Kaede begin to shake with fear from its sheer display of power, almost peeing herself.
okay what

(on side note guess who's coming and no it's not homura)

@Welcome ...yes? If you want, I could change it, but that is actually what's stated lol

@Homu The real question is "Why is isn't she a witch?"

Question, does this particular Feat have any relevancy nowadays in terms of scaling? I calced it in the past which resulted in High 7-A, but it used different methods for scaling both the volume of the clouds and the speed of the dispersion.

Nowadays one would figure out the radius of the storm by measuring the height of view and distance to the horizon(similar to CAPE method), which from the get go dramatically increases the volume of the clouds and the speed at which they were parted, meaning this feat is most likely far stronger than originally calced to be.

Strange, so this isn't LoC Nagisa (Given she has a doppel), so this timeline has her surviving her witch fate? Wonder what changed.

Suzune Power Ranking
Gan, the guy behind Suzune Magica apparently drew this as a sort of power scaling guide... not sure how to use it, to be honest.

Idk exactly how it's supposed to be interpreted, but if it means that Suzune and Kagari are >>>> average magical girl it's supporting evidence I suppose.

Arisa being the second weakest is weird tho

If I remember correctly, Arisa actually stood her ground against Suzune.

Can I just take a moment to remind everyone there is literally no reason for why Kagari and Suzune are so powerful in Suzune Magica lol.

Arisa was boosted and she literally wished to be strong, it isn't really weird.

Suzune has high fate potential but I don't remember why. Kagari, not that surprising

Ye, never said it was weird that she was strong.

Suzune doesn't have a reason and neither does Kagari if I remember correctly. But the real question is what's up with Suzune's sister's stats?

Memoria 1273
Inu Curry spent almost a full day explaining Nagisa's interaction in the game.

https://twitter.com/gekidaninucurry

Virtually:
Nagisa on gacha -> Law of Cycles "A soul capable of assuming a physical form" EDIT: Non-Corporeal? https://twitter.com/gekidaninucurry/status/1056010702186471424 closeEDIT;
Nagisa in the history of the event -> MagiReco Nagisa

And no, she did not survive the MagiReco timeline. In fact, her fate was a bit more tragic (and edgy).

Her Side Story has not yet been released, but will probably be Cycle Nagisa's. Since it is mandatory to finish chapter 8 of the main story, as in the case of Madokami.
About the reason she uses her Doppel ... I just do not see why not. Although it seems confusing, even Cycle Nagisa within the MagiReco timeline may be limited to Doppel or something.

Forgive me if you understand something wrong. My English is still terrible.

Hmmm I see...

So she can manifest from just her soul, that's.... uh...

Well having a doppel but at the same time having the ability to summon her witch form seems counter-intuitive.

Nah, its fine, I think I understand.

I think it would be something like Nagisa can summon her own witch, but not within the MagiReco timeline, for reasons already discussed in the Madokami side story.

The story of the event has nothing really relevant to add here at the moment. Since this was the Nagisa story in the MagiReco timeline, which by the way, Inu Curry defined as different from the other timelines on Twitter. However, we had a great character development by Nagisa, showing more of hes cynical side

Yes, your wish was a cheesecacke.

However, if my assumptions are correct, the Nagisa of the Law of Cycles must somehow interfere with the MagiReco timeline as well.
Also, we'll have another raid event with her soon.

The Madokami side story doesn't discuss any reasons that would affect Nagisa, they just affect Ultimate Madoka tho

Ye, it has already been described as different from other timelines.

But what does that have to do with the attributes of being a Law of Cycles assistant?

I see, interesting.

In speaking of Madokami's mss, I referred to the very existence of the Doppels in that world and how the law of cycles itself did not seem to be able to act freely, not Nagisa. Problems with my English.

Anyway, so much questions yet, but nothing will be answered before Nagisa mss be released.

I got an event summary from 4chan too if you are interested.

https://pastebin.com/qaYeGu5b

Oh okk

Yes, that's true.

Thanks! The summary is interesting, hopefully we get the thing translated so we can use it here.

No, it's not a prank. Somewhat exaggerated? probably, but all the events written by Inu Curry end up being rather brutal that way. Summaries coming from 4chan are not a good source for anything, in reality, since they end up becoming exaggerated or poorly described. Nevertheless, this summary is somewhat detailed.

And forgive me if I commit some mistakes on my English.

Reading Homura Tamura

Thought:

The Kyoko Sakura we have a page for where she would eventually swallow the universe.

Her wish was to have food. Hence why she got her super eating powers.

Her wish was not for her dad to have an audience. So she shouldn't have duplication.

Cant argue with that. Quickly, we must change her classification to cosmic devourer of the universe

Seeing the fanbase's reaction to the Nagisa backstory is... Concerning.

Something tells me it killed a lot of the hype for the Magia record anime.

Here's Nagisa's Doppel's translation

"CHARLOTTE (Master: Nagisa Momoe)

The Doppel of tenacity. Its form is sweets. The master of this emotion becomes thoroughly attached to any person or thing that tugs at her heartstrings even once. Her actions may seem wretched at times, but a deep love runs through their foundation. This Doppel isn't a fusion type, but it does take the form of a mask that emerges from its host's nose and wraps around her entire face. While using this Doppel, its master sits in place without moving a muscle, as if staring fixedly at the target of her tenacious attachment."

SomebodyData said:
Seeing the fanbase's reaction to the Nagisa backstory is... Concerning.
Something tells me it killed a lot of the hype for the Magia record anime.
Alas, it's a case of "complaining about things you don't participate in," considering the backstory is unrelated to Rebellion Nagisa (I assume in the same way that only Madoka and Homura are aware of previous timelines existing and Kyosuke's instrument being different in one of the timelines so the killer might just not be a thing in most of the timelines; Magireco is already an anomaly) and the fact that honestly Magia Record has more lighthearted tone than main show.

They're picking apart one story when most of them probably don't know much else about the game (plus as far as I know there's only a summary going around at best, not a full transcript).

Well the timeline branches off from Iroha's wish (Due to Homura). So technically Nagisa's backstory should be the same. But otherwise, yeah, that's true, hopefully it doesn't deter them though, since if the anime gets popular we might get more adaptations.

Bg adv 21294
Smmary of Nagisa (Cycles Magia) from MagiReco:
Once she carried hope, and eventually she scattered curses. Soon, she was guided to the Law of Cycles, and now she has become a messenger and flew down to Kamihama. She has a strong obsession with cheese, and despite being on a mission, her head is impulsively filled to the brim with the rhythm of cheese.

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Nagisa_Momoe_in_Magia_Record

Nagisa Will Resolve Things! [Memoria]

"Yeah yeah…Now I know that Kamihama is a big deal!

Leave this to Nagisa Momoe! Troubleshoot these hard troubles too, so that the cheese can be oozed out and solved! …so, n-now, who said that Nagisa was the cause of it all?!"

And as a bonus, Nagisa's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back