• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile image additions or replacements requests (New forum)

Would it be alright if I changed the images on our Puyo Puyo profiles from the current Puyo Puyo Chronicles renders into their Puyo Puyo Tetris 2/Puyo Puyo Quest renders? Not only is Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 the most recent game, but Puyo Puyo Chronicles has a notably different art style from the rest of modern Puyo Puyo.

I'm also intending to create and add Madou Monogatari renders to the applicable profiles at some point.

A direct comparison, with Chronicles' design used on our profiles on the left and the more consistent modern design on the right:

Arle_Nadja.webp
Character_Arle_Puyo20thAnniversary.png

Last edited:
Can you link to the corresponding VSB wiki page, so I can compare the images please?

Found a render of Sans from the art for "Undertale Collectors Edition", might be a good idea to replace the current image for Sans with this one since this is the only official art of Sans i could find.
7jt7fmM.png

Found a render of Sans from the art for "Undertale Collectors Edition", might be a good idea to replace the current image for Sans with this one since this is the only official art of Sans i could find.
7jt7fmM.png
Also found one for Papyrus.
uGQsTcV.png
Feel free to use those images in their VSBW pages if you wish.

The currently used images for that character seem fine. Why do you wish to replace them?
Because the images are from Puyo Puyo Chronicles, which was released in 2016 and has a unique art style compared to other Puyo Puyo games released around the same time, not to mention we've had two new Puyo games since then. Just to compare...
Arle_PPT_Win.png
Img221404_l.png
Character_Arle_PuyoPuyoeSports.png
Arle_ppt2.png
As you can see, Chronicles has an artstyle that greatly differs from other recent Puyo Games, and is hardly the best representative of the characters' modern appearance, which aside from Chronicles has been mostly universal since Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary. Chronicles' design is significantly more chibi and is in 3D when the rest of the franchise is in 2D. It also contrasts with other images used for variations/forms not included in Chronicle, such as with Valkirie Arle and Possessed Klug.

What I propose is to replace the Chronicle renders with renders from one of the four other most recent Puyo games.

I cropped the image's surrounding empty space, uploaded the new version, and resized how it was displayed in Sans' page.

Because the images are from Puyo Puyo Chronicles, which was released in 2016 and has a unique art style compared to other Puyo Puyo games released around the same time, not to mention we've had two new Puyo games since then. Just to compare...
Arle_PPT_Win.png
Img221404_l.png
Character_Arle_PuyoPuyoeSports.png
Arle_ppt2.png
As you can see, Chronicles has an artstyle that greatly differs from other recent Puyo Games, and is hardly the best representative of the characters' modern appearance, which aside from Chronicles has been mostly universal since Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary. Chronicles' design is significantly more chibi and is in 3D when the rest of the franchise is in 2D. It also contrasts with other images used for variations/forms not included in Chronicle, such as with Valkirie Arle and Possessed Klug.

What I propose is to replace the Chronicle renders with renders from one of the four other most recent Puyo games.
Okay. I suppose that is probably fine then.

If we need a Season 3/Finale image for Luz Noceda, here's a transparent render I threw together a couple days ago from the promo material of For The Future.
jWGBbUI.png

Could this render be used for DBS Gokus base form since it's of him in DBS Superhero which is his most recent appearance as of right now
No. Sorry. It looks very awkward compared to his current image, and is also considerably more horizontally oriented, whereas we should favour vertically oriented character portrait images.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping out here, Dereck03. 🙏

Back