• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proposal for Site/Forum Image Standards Revision

...I really have to wonder how you have no problem with that, and especially given when you hover over AKM's username and more is shown. And it used to be worse too

Like, in what world is banning stuff like that a bad thing, guys? Nobody has actually given me a legit downside to this rule being passed, so I'm really starting to believe there is none - and thus, there should be no reason to oppose this thread.
Well, I went to their actual profile page, where it was considerably more cropped. My apologies, I did not know it was shown differently when hovering over their name.
The exaggerated detail on the buttocks of each character in the full image is indeed very sexual in nature.

That said:
This type of rhetoric is not helpful.

I am strongly in favor of this rule change, but I am not interested in moralizing it, and that sort of framing is a good way to see this proposal crash and burn and prevent us from reaching a common understanding.

As to the thread at large I'll reiterate my stance: I think it would benefit the atmosphere of the forum to prohibit NSFW images or those that the average person would be uncomfortable looking at in the presence of others, which is why I support the proposed rule.
I strongly agree with Deagonx's sentiment here.
I couldn't care less what anyone is into or wants to post publicly, and I think it's both futile and none of our business to try and protect people's innocence, or to cater to only the most sensitive people online.

I approve the proposal, but only because I think it's a good PR move not to have heavily sexualized images associated with a forum designed to be appropriate for people as young as thirteen. As far as morality is concerned, I have far worse on my own computer.

If we can at least come to agreement on stuff like the fact that keeping things as is is a really bad PR move, that's fine by me

Said stuff hasn't had any effect (neither positive nor negative) in our PR in the past decade so I think that line of thought is even more ineffectual than the previous one.

And I wasn't saying that I am trying to force a rejection. That's how threads work. If a proposal for change doesn't receive satisfactory approval, we continue with the status quo. That said, I have no problem in waiting for Grath. I was merely replying to DDM.

What circles are you in where you haven't seen any of this...?

Like, the "gooner banner" (as an example) is not uncommon to hear among users. I don't see a world where banning this stuff isn't beneficial - because I highly doubt we need sexual imagery to express ourselves.

Last edited:
So we are back to "what some people say elsewhere" which we have already discussed sufficiently. It's starting to go in circles.

Will avoid posting unless I see anything new or have anything new to add.

I didn't even see your response because I was enjoying my birthday, so no I never even discussed this to begin with.
@CloverDragon03 I feel that something that might be objectively correct for one user can also be objectively incorrect for another. In that case, I'd say either one has a bad sense of judgment in the other's eyes regarding this topic. We'll just have to be happy with agreeing to disagree rather than trying to hold a moral high ground and accusing everybody who doesn't agree with one as objectively incorrect or promoting degeneracy.
Well unfortunately for those against this change, I feel quite strongly about it to the point that I'd make no hesitation in calling it a failure on the part of the wiki to not let it pass. I stand by a lot of what I said

Also, stuff like this just blatantly shouldn't have a place on a PG-13 site. We're currently in some weird middle ground of above PG-13 and below 18+ when we should be fully PG-13 given our userbase.
I could also have responded with soft insults like "Woe is me. I will uwaaa if I see cleavage because I refuse to grow up", but I will not! I'd appreciate if we could just put forth our points instead of adding slights to them.
Notice how only one of these "woe is me" statements actually works. You're basically saying that if a 13-year-old saw this and didn't like it you'd just tell them to grow up. Lol, lmao even

It's not like I myself am not a filthy degenerate, but I can at least recognize that such things don't have a place here.
Clamping down on the freedom of so many people, for no real gain seems counter intuitive to me. Not only will it be too restrictive and prudish, we will be seen as highly sensitive and regressive. That's objectively bad to me especially when there is no real upside.
If you care so much about freedom, why not just full-send it and allow explicit 18+ imagery? Can't have your cake and eat it too

I'm going to ask you directly, since you in particular seem to be fighting so hard against this: Do you feel that you need sexual imagery to express yourself? If so, why?

Back