• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_Puppets

I think this is an extremely borderline case for our music profiles. There is no ongoing narrative, and what narrative is here I think is lacking compared to existing musical profiles- it very much seems to me to be metaphorical with no intention of telling an actual allegorical story. All statistics are unknown, as well.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_Puppets

I think this is an extremely borderline case for our music profiles. There is no ongoing narrative,
No there is, the protagonist gets succumbed to the control of the Master of Puppets and then dies and gets sent to Hell, with the Master gloating over his demise.

It's a fairly coherent narrative.
It very much seems to me to be metaphorical with no intention of telling an actual allegorical story.
?
All statistics are unknown, as well.
Because it attacks through unconventional means :v

I can't invent physicals where there are mentioned none, it has definite methods to attack and inflict damage, supernatural in nature, that alone is valid for filemaking.

Last edited:
No there is, the protagonist gets succumbed to the control of the Master of Puppets and then dies and gets sent to Hell, with the Master gloating over his demise.

It's a fairly coherent narrative.

?

Because it attacks through unconventional means :v

I can't invent physicals where there are mentioned none, it has definite methods to attack and inflict damage, that alone is valid for filemaking.
I don't really wanna clog up this thread, given we already discussed most of this on Discord, but regarding the last point, I recall we had a rule regarding Unknown statistics at one point, in that not every stat could be that. It may well have been removed when I wasn't looking, of course.

Deletion seems fair enough. It's a character coming from a single song that seems largely metaphorical, and trying to interpret those metaphors literally leads to bizarre conclusions like having Small Size Type 3 (based on "I will run through you" being interpreted as "I am physically small enough to physically go inside of a person's body"), and Below standard melee range (seemingly for similar reasons), while simultaneously using a picture depicting it as quite large as the profile image, and incorporating quotes of it being male, pulling people's strings, and being a manipulator, which don't really fit with the "It's just a drug" interpretation.

I think there's too little that's concrete here to make a decent profile from. Even if those things were changed, I think they're emblematic of the issues you get when creating a profile based on so little, and so metaphorical, source material.

I don't really wanna clog up this thread, given we already discussed most of this on Discord, but regarding the last point, I recall we had a rule regarding Unknown statistics at one point, in that not every stat could be that. It may well have been removed when I wasn't looking, of course.
every vague high tier profile sweating

while simultaneously using a picture depicting it as quite large as the profile image,
You can use artistic depictions in files even if they don't align with the exact physicality of the character, I don't think any rule states otherwise.
and incorporating quotes of it being male,
Relevance? It's not like every character ever has been gendered correctly across fiction consistently.
pulling people's strings, and being a manipulator, which don't really fit with the "It's just a drug" interpretation.
It's not just a drug, it's the personification of an addiction though, and it can reside in your body. I don't see why that's an issue per se?

I don't see how you're spinning aesthetical choices I made as a valid argument against its existence, I can remove them if they're getting on your nerves ig

So you think that this is:
  • A character microscopically small.
  • A character that has to be licked to use any of its abilities.
  • A character that thinks, and knowingly manipulates people.
I guess?

I think you're just taking this metaphorical song, that mixes up exactly what it's having the "master of puppets" be a metaphor for, too literally, leading to a strange profile.

I don't think the issue I'm describing with that is aesthetic.

Also allegories and metaphors aren't mutually exclusive? You can have a narrative be an allegory where the elements are metaphors :v

Every story in existence has a metaphor in it

So you think that this is:
  • A character microscopically small.
  • A character that has to be licked to use any of its abilities.
  • A character that thinks, and knowingly manipulates people.
I guess?
Yeah why? Is that an incomprehensible idea for a character to be that way?
I think you're just taking this metaphorical song, that mixes up exactly what it's having the "master of puppets" be a metaphor for, too literally, leading to a strange profile.
I don't see why you're using a metaphor as a negative? It is a metaphor in an allegorical narrative. Every story has metaphors, this is no different :v

And we have strange files, that's the virtue of indexing fiction, that many times fiction can be non-standard
I don't think the issue I'm describing with that is aesthetic.
You literally removed half the points you made that WERE about the aesthetic

Responding to points I haven't already addressed.
You literally removed half the points you made that WERE about the aesthetic
They were either weaker, or something you already addressed, so I figured I should leave them out, while I thought your comment was more generally about every objection I brought up. If it wasn't, mb for misunderstanding.

EDIT: Impress said on Discord she'd be out for a few hours, and to not conclude this before she comes back. Please keep that in mind everyone.

I think three is more than enough but I'll wait to see what Zark has to say.

Well whatever points Bambu and Agnaa are making aren't reflected in the rules anyways, and even if you somehow interpret it like that it'd be a very particular interpretation of it that isn't all that much relatable, so I'd say that's a staff thread that needs to be passed before deletion.
  • Music video files are permitted as long as they tell a coherent story with definite feats, alongside following our standards of stage personas, canon and notability.
I genuinely still don't see the Editing Rule I broke here, and if the altogether staff consensus is against it then so be it :v

Personally I don't think it satisfies the "coherent story with definite feats" requirement, and although the song itself is quite well-known I don't know that I would consider the "narrative universe created within the lyrics of Master of Puppets" as meeting notability criteria.

Personally I don't think it satisfies the "coherent story with definite feats" requirement
It is completely coherent and has definite feats, what's the incoherent part and why is there a personal opinion regarding this? There isn't anything subjective in that criteria.
And although the song itself is quite well-known I don't know that I would consider the "narrative universe created within the lyrics of Master of Puppets" as meeting notability criteria.
This is a nonsense statement. You could've just said, straight up, "Delete it" with the same level of verbosity Tilm just pulled off and it would have had been more sensible lol

Has been deleted by @Mr._Bambu

I've already added scans to both WWX and HC's AP sections.

I request that a moderator/admin delete the Kitava page as it's both straight-up inaccurate and is no longer necessary for scaling the The Exile because a 5-A calc was accepted for their second key.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sengoku_Basara

Sadly, this is one of my favorite verses, but I request that its character pages are deleted, I'll shed some light on that now.

1. The pages are severely outdated, missing several other feats that're featured in a JP Exclusive game, and the pages haven't been given any grand touches in 5+ years.

2. The revisions I plan to give this verse will take awhile, this is to avoid inconsistent versus threads with the characters of the verse not being at their best pre-revisions, but it will involve deleting the Anime keys and having a single tier for each character, I've started a sandbox for the future profile of Ashikaga Yoshiteru and am currently locating feats and grabbing videos of certain things in action in Sumeragi. There are a lot of inconsistencies I've noticed (which should be normal considering he's from a JP exclusive game).

3. When my revisions are finished, the pages will be made again, plus many more.

I don't know if I have to go into detail, but I at least wanted to shed some light on why I think it should be deleted, for a big restoration.

We don't delete pages just so that you can have easier revisions. We've had verses be significantly outdated/flawed, and waited over a year for revisions to happen. That's just how it is sometimes.

Since you're working on updating them, they should stay up until you update them.

This page should be deleted. as

1. Lois has not shown enough feats nor usefulness yet for her profile.
2. It's already been agreed that it should wait until the first season of MAWS is over for profilemaking as we don't need to go through the trouble of making CRTs for everytime a new episode has a new feat ahead of us.

This page should be deleted. as

1. Lois has not shown enough feats nor usefulness yet for her profile.
2. It's already been agreed that it should wait until the first season of MAWS is over for profilemaking as we don't need to go through the trouble of making CRTs for everytime a new episode has a new feat ahead of us.
I'll delete this one too and save it to a sandbox for the author.

Entire articles can be rewritten just like that? Making our profiles worthless? I always wonder if indexing SCP in VS Battles Wiki is even a good idea.

I deleted the profile, it had virtually no content or sources.
funny, wonder if we'll ever do something about that

Let’s see…
  • No references
  • 8-C in the tier, but Large Building level in Attack Potency and Durability and Street level in Striking Strength, for some reason
  • The majority of the P&A are completely unsourced, with only a couple having scans
Not to mention that this character, like Iron Man, has multiple different suits with different capabilities and can’t be condensed into a single key like this profile does.

Been mulling over it and yeah I think this should be deleted:
  • No scans or references for almost anything (There's two links for the Small Building level rating but there's no calc to go with it)
  • Subsonic speed with no calc, scans, or proper scaling
  • Scaled to other people with poor reasoning (Also a lack of more scans)
  • Has preparation just for hypothetically being able to go into a shop and buy things
  • Has items from said shop as part of his optional equipment despite never buying or using any of it at all

Ya missed a spot with the RPG purge people

Been mulling over it and yeah I think this should be deleted:
  • No scans or references for almost anything (There's two links for the Small Building level rating but there's no calc to go with it)
  • Subsonic speed with no calc, scans, or proper scaling
  • Scaled to other people with poor reasoning (Also a lack of more scans)
  • Has preparation just for hypothetically being able to go into a shop and buy things
  • Has items from said shop as part of his optional equipment despite never buying or using any of it at all
Yeah as a page made in the last month it shouldn't have issues like that; I'll go delete it and warn the creator.

Back