• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I agree with all of Eficiente's points. But I do also think that if those were fixed through a CRT there's likely still enough for a profile. If no-one wants to fix it I guess it could be deleted but I do hesitate since there's been a lot of work put into the profile, and we know exactly what to do to fix it. It's not an unknown character from an incredibly obscure verse that we can't fix, and it's not a new poorly-made profile, it just has some wrong abilities/sentences.

They should be deleted too wym

They have been discussed extensively and deletion has not been agreed for them.

No wait, read better, and Barney and Ajimu are false equivalence

I'm not sure what things you care about. You list some vague reasons it's bad, I try getting other examples so we can actually dig through it, and you give me nothing by responding with "no those are bad too, false equivalence".

Gaster is basically a situation just a bit better than the Gentle Pull in that we do know it's a character in the setting, but not much better enought. Most abilities are too vague/questionable, and even if we removed those, the profile would be left too barebones (accuracy-wise) to remain if you ask me, so I support its deletion as well.

Gaster is in a situation so much better than The Gentle Pull what the ****. Gaster's an actual character with many statements about him from multiple sources leading to a few plausible feats. TGP was not even a character and was mentioned once by one character.

I agree with all of Eficiente's points. But I do also think that if those were fixed through a CRT there's likely still enough for a profile. If no-one wants to fix it I guess it could be deleted but I do hesitate since there's been a lot of work put into the profile, and we know exactly what to do to fix it. It's not an unknown character from an incredibly obscure verse that we can't fix, and it's not a new poorly-made profile, it just has some wrong abilities/sentences.
They aren't just wrong, they're literally made-up based on extremely vague statements
I'm not sure what things you care about. You list some vague reasons it's bad, I try getting other examples so we can actually dig through it, and you give me nothing by responding with "no those are bad too, false equivalence".
Ajimu and Barney showed some feats whatosever at very least, Gaster didn't.
Gaster is in a situation so much better than The Gentle Pull what the ****. Gaster's an actual character with many statements about him from multiple sources leading to a few plausible feats. TGP was not even a character and was mentioned once by one character.
An actual character with extremely few confirmations which can't even be counted as worth to be here, is literally just an "unknown-stats" fest which is supported from almost just headcanons.

You pointed out that almost, but, the point? We don't put characters which have barely (if not none) a role in the narrative which have like 2-4 abilities with extremely vague and non-combat applicable nature.

Also Amitabha should be nuked too, if we put the things in this way, since, as the note said: This character's stats are based on a single statement, which may not be fully accurate.

I mean, why are we keeping him as well? Axatotl from Gravity Falls was deleted because of it being based on literally just a page, and now we keep characters based on a single statement?

Last edited:
They aren't just wrong, they're literally made-up based on extremely vague statements

Oh come the **** on, they aren't literally made-up. To go through the points Eficiente brought up.
  • This is a misunderstanding of what being shattered across space and time means.
  • Not sure why Acausality's there, this one could very well be made up.
  • This is a misunderstanding of our requirements for NEP. It has basis if you think the standards are just saying that something doesn't exist, but we're stricter than that.
  • This is forgetting to add the second power.
  • This is a speculative ability but was indexed under a possibly. It is based on stuff in the story, though.
  • 2nd and 3rd sentences, as mentioned, are way too speculative, with the third going into headcanon territory. Fourth sentence can be dismissed, as mentioned.
At most there's one thing here that's "literally made-up", so I think me generally calling these "wrong" is fair.

Ajimu and Barney showed some feats whatosever at very least, Gaster didn't.

Ajimu and Barney have shown a handful of feats. Ajimu has no feats for 800 abilities we know the names/descriptions of, and quadrillions of abilities we don't. Barney's feats have no combat context to them. And Gaster does actually have statements about him.

An actual character with extremely few confirmations which can't even be counted as worth to be here, is literally just an "unknown-stats" fest which is supported from almost just headcanons.

You pointed out that almost, but, the point? We don't put characters which have barely (if not none) a role in the narrative which have like 2-4 abilities with extremely vague and non-combat applicable nature.

Also Amitabha should be nuked too, if we put the things in this way, since, as the note said: This character's stats are based on a single statement, which may not be fully accurate.

Characters like that are allowed to stay, actually. We've had these sorts of conversations dozens of times.

I mean, why are we keeping him as well? Axatotl from Gravity Falls was deleted because of it being based on literally just a page, and now we keep characters based on a single statement?

I don't know anything about the Axolotl situation but I assume there was something more wrong with it than there is with Gaster/Amitabha.

Agnaa seems to make sense. I suppose that Gaster can probably stay then.

Ok, let me debunk.

1 You even admit most of it is built on misunderstandings and such, and the statements mentioned are too vauge.

2 You admit Ajumu and Barney have feats. Ajumu’s abilities are also very blatant considering some of their names and such and presumably has some scaling to others. Gaster lacks solid feats and only has iffy statements. Barney still has more.

You can assume there were more issues with Axolotol, but honestly, I don’t see why. You don’t prove it, and he is a one-off page.

At most there's one thing here that's "literally made-up", so I think me generally calling these "wrong" is fair.
So you admit that without these fake/wrong powers Gaster's profile would be a barebone one with like 3 abilities and Unknown stats everywhere. Is there an actual reason to keep Gaster at this point?
Ajimu and Barney have shown a handful of feats. Ajimu has no feats for 800 abilities we know the names/descriptions of, and quadrillions of abilities we don't. Barney's feats have no combat context to them. And Gaster does actually have statements about him.
Except that as 00potato said these characters showed waaaaaaaay more feats than Gaster, and Barney scales from some combat feats, so, again, the point?
Characters like that are allowed to stay, actually. We've had these sorts of conversations dozens of times.
God from Digimon was literally the same, and got nuked from this.
I don't know anything about the Axolotl situation but I assume there was something more wrong with it than there is with Gaster/Amitabha.
Uhm, no? Axatotl was deleted just because it was just a page, and now characters based on just a statement are good? Seriously?

God from Digimon actually got removed as it was confirmed to be Yggdrasil, and so the page got merged or so.

God from Digimon actually got removed as it was confirmed to be Yggdrasil, and so the page got merged or so.
No, God from Digimon is a different character from Yggdrasil, is just that the actual God is completely vague and featless since most mentions of God are actually Drasil, but that God is an actual character aside from Drasil is real.

1 You even admit most of it is built on misunderstandings and such, and the statements mentioned are too vauge.

Quite a bit, but often that's a reason to fix profiles, not delete them.

2 You admit Ajumu and Barney have feats. Ajumu’s abilities are also very blatant considering some of their names and such and presumably has some scaling to others. Gaster lacks solid feats and only has iffy statements. Barney still has more.

Except that as 00potato said these characters showed waaaaaaaay more feats than Gaster, and Barney scales from some combat feats, so, again, the point?

I guess. My point with Ajimu was that we know little of her true capabilities, as we know that she has way more stuff that we have zero information on, but ig that's not relevant here.

Even if we have feats for Barney, my point was that they weren't combat applicable, as Strym was repeatedly saying that Gaster's showings tell us nothing about his combat applicability.

So you admit that without these fake/wrong powers Gaster's profile would be a barebone one with like 3 abilities and Unknown stats everywhere. Is there an actual reason to keep Gaster at this point?

He would have 5 abilities, actually, and we're allowed to have profiles with Unknown stats everywhere.

Uhm, no? Axatotl was deleted just because it was just a page, and now characters based on just a statement are good? Seriously?

I don't know the situation with God/Axalotl.

Well, anyways, a characters on the same levels of Gaster's vagueness was already rejected to be a profile.

I don't know why Beyond would be barred from having a profile tho, especially if it's a tier 1 supreme being as people in the thread were saying.

I guess if it's just a hax source for other characters it may be better in a blog to explain things in a way that'd be weirder on a profile, but idk.

I don't know the situation with God/Axalotl.
God from Digimon is the supreme entity of the verse, and the statements we have of him give him a very solid 1-B rating. However, he's extremely filled with mystery since all his role is delegated to backstory and thus we don't really know about him beyond the creation lore of the series. Hence, he was deleted.

Wack, I'm pretty sure there's tons of verses with vague supreme beings, a few abilities, and a solid tier that haven't gotten deleted. SCP has many characters coming from one article, or even just a brief mention in one article. I also don't think we're short on nigh-haxless supreme beings. I think that deletion is obviously wrong, with what you've told me.

I think that the page should probably stay, and that we should stop spamming this thread about this particular subject.

I mean, I'd agree if no-one wants to fix it, and I've got too much on my plate right now to fix it.

Okay. I suppose that we can delete it after all then.

Yeah, as long as we're aware that the deletion is due to the profile's errors, not because the character's inherently unindexable.

Agreed, the issue is the profile, not the character itself. So if someone makes a new, better profile later on, it should be allowed, it's just that the current one is too speculative.

Even if we actually rebuild it, it would be just Unknown about a character whose only confirmed feat is being a good scientist. Big Bang Theory profiles would nearly be on the same level as of now.

Even if we actually rebuild it, it would be just Unknown about a character whose only confirmed feat is being a good scientist. Big Bang Theory profiles would nearly be on the same level as of now.
Hey they're as valid as pages like this which people are opposed to deleting so

What the absolute ****. I never expected you to make an argument THIS disingenuous.

"A character with various haxxy abilities from a combat-oriented verse is the same as a featless comedy sitcom because LOL SCIENTISTS."

What the hell man?

You are completely ignoring a bunch of feats and even the fundamental standards by which we judge characters and verses on.

Gaster is completely featless and is probably one of the only non-shopkeeper NPC’s who you cannot fight under any circumstance

It is a rather interesting page though. Should we ask some knowledgeable members to clean it up according to Agnaa's instructions instead?

I'm good with nuking it outright

The page is mostly based upon guesswork from it's AP section to powers

Is too much guesswork than an actually confirmed source, and characters with similar levels of vagueness as Digimon God, JJBA Beyond or Gravity Falls Axatotl were deleted/rejected for the same reason, so I'm definitely fine with Gaster being nuked.

What the absolute ****. I never expected you to make an argument THIS disingenuous.

"A character with various haxxy abilities from a combat-oriented verse is the same as a featless comedy sitcom because LOL SCIENTISTS."

What the hell man?

You are completely ignoring a bunch of feats and even the fundamental standards by which we judge characters and verses on.
"Various haxxy abilities": name one which isn't theory.
Soul manip don't work since his current state never has shown to be able to use it.

We deleted thousand of featless characters, and I'm just following the simple fact that this one is also full headcanons, so no reason to keep a guy on the level of an easter egg.

NEP, Immortality, Possession/Duplication, Spatial Manip, Tech Manip.

Didn’t you agree at least 2 of those- the Possession and NEP- were faulty and should be removed? Type 5 also shouldn’t come from ‘Living and not Living’ simultaneously, I love the mystery and I can’t even tell where they got this from.

Oh sorry, I meant to say non-corporeality, not NEP.

Possession wasn't agreed to be removed, the problem was that it was incomplete. Possession's description says the feat is either Possession or Duplication (Creation may be more fitting actually), but Duplication wasn't on the profile. That's the issue with it that I agreed with.

This isn't an important enough subject to spam this thread about. I suppose that I will delete the page then.

I updated all the pages that linked to his profile, including the ones involving versus threads.

I guess haxxy is a weird word to use, I meant something more along the lines of "notable abilities".

Also none of those are headcanon. No matter how many times you repeat a lie it never becomes true.

Also none of those are headcanon. No matter how many times you repeat a lie it never becomes true.
Spatial Manipulation isn't headcanon? I guess you have definite proof of sprite being Gaster, room being made by Gaster and its disappearance being Gaster's powers as well as being combat-usable like you said prior then.

You're right about the fact that repeating a lie don't make it a truth tho, which is why headcanons need to be called for what they are.

Back