• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That is not how we do things, or will do things. Sorry. We are definitely not going to allow you to go around deleting large verses with lots of accepted calculations, that have statistics that are not based on guesswork, and that do not have sloppily constructed pages.

Please strictly focus on the pages that are of very poor quality and are based on guesswork. Thank you.

That is not how we do things, or will do things. Sorry. We are definitely not going to allow you to go around deleting large verses with lots of accepted calculations, that have statistics that are not based on guesswork, and that do not have sloppily constructed pages.

Please strictly focus on the pages that are of very poor quality and are based on guesswork. Thank you.
They are poor quality though
LS is guesswork, P&A too, some of this pages have guesswork AP too
CRTs just don't work with this sort of stuff since outside one guy there's no one else to work on it, and I somehow find it doubtful that a single person revise 111 pages alone for a verse that evidently no one cares for
Why should we keep this pages, they're of bad quality and the only person who actually willing to work on the verse wants them gone too, unless if anyone else wants to get into the verse (Which mind from a quick google search is 19 TV shows and 18 movie) there's just no real way for said person to get feedback that isn't just some staff person checking over scans without really knowing deeper context

Heck how is this any different than Warcraft?
Those pages were also comparable quality and had calcs behind them, yet the supporters got it nuked

Sure Warcraft is likely more content overall but this is still a fairly large verse where the supporters want to nuke it

I still see no issue with deleting them since Derek wants to recreate them from scratch.

But anyway, @Kflare63, you are another supporter of the verse - perhaps the only active one, do you mind giving your input on this matter?

Heck how is this any different than Warcraft?
Those pages were also comparable quality and had calcs behind them, yet the supporters got it nuked

Sure Warcraft is likely more content overall but this is still a fairly large verse where the supporters want to nuke it
For Warcraft The calc was performed by a dude who was High 6-B at the time, so no, it was not comparable at all.

They still all scaled to actual feats no?
Either way they were not the worst pages out there and were deleted mainly due to needing a lot of work to revise

I still see no issue with deleting them since Derek wants to recreate them from scratch.

But anyway, @Kflare63, you are another supporter of the verse - perhaps the only active one, do you mind giving your input on this matter?
I do in fact support this decision as I and a couple others see it as the only means of progress for the verse

They still all scaled to actual feats no?
Either way they were not the worst pages out there and were deleted mainly due to needing a lot of work to revise
The only feat that was used for tiering was a Low 7-B+ calc from a Thrall who was High 6-B and scales to nobody.

The funny thing about this is, they do have mftl feats (at least in Max Heart) the current reasoning is kinda bad just to say the least.
I mean yea it's sure bad, like everything on his profile is bad, except for prolly his name 💀

It's worth to note that the amount of content that needs to be revised is way far more than what Touhou supporters need to do currently (yea thanks to the old editors, they're either irresponsible or just terrible at battle boarding) so people please think carefully about deleting the verse

Well, you cannot just give the pages any statistics that you want as a shortcut just because we have deleted the verse. Also, I think that @Dino_Ranger_Black was quite committed to continuously improving on it. Deleting so many pages when there are plenty of accepted calculations for it available is not something that we should undertake lightly.

As such, I much prefer if you simply take your time to change the pages via regular revision threads. You can ask me and other staff members for help with evaluations, and remind me that I told you that I would try to help out in conjunction.

Dino has been inactive for nearly a year, I sincerely doubt he'll get back just for this
Also again I repeat, as someone who has experienced trying to revise verses no one else is into it really goes no where because no one can really check the finer context, which is double true with a verse of this size

This thread of mine goes nowhere because there's no one else to actually verify stuff properly, which is just what going to happen here
Just because a verse has calcs doesn't make it not deletion worthy, the pages are of poor quality and keeping them around just overall worsens the wiki
I don't see the point at keeping low quality pages, which we know are low quality just because the verse has calcs.

The point is that the pages just aren't nearly bad enough to qualify for a great mass-deletion, and it is a big shame to just casually throw away all of that work effort, even though you personally like to delete pages. It is much better if you prioritise the verses that are legitimately based on pure guesswork and are poorly formatted instead.

If we delete this verse just because it has a lack of active supporters and it is hard for our staff to keep up with all content revision threads, we might as well get rid of 50% of our wiki. It would set a very bad precedent for you and others to get away with deleting nearly anything.

So again, I greatly appreciate the idea of getting rid of the pages in our wiki that are legitimately awful, and would be very thankful if you focus solely on finding such verses and suggesting them for removal, but we definitely shouldn't prioritise the ones that are only somewhat bad, but are mostly acceptably well-constructed, and have valid calculations and/or reasoning for their statistics, even if said statistics need to be changed at some point.

As such, I am not going to accept you getting rid of this verse, but appreciate if you adopt an improved selection process for finding deletion-worthy verses as I described above, and I commit to trying to help out with a revision thread for the verse if I am reminded of this when the time comes.

The point is that the pages just aren't nearly bad enough to qualify for a great mass-deletion, and it is a big shame to just casually throw away all of that work effort, even though you personally like to delete pages. It is much better if you prioritise the verses that are legitimately based on pure guesswork and are poorly formatted instead.
Literally several stats are guesswork for multiple pages, I already mentioned that.

As for those calcs I now cross referenced all the pages that actually use them are very few
(The pages in the name space are the ones that directly use a calc)
This are all the pages that actually use the AP calcs, and with the overlap of pages and the fact some don't even need the calc in them like say Dark King (Which is 3-A while having links to the 4-B calc) this likely doesn't crack 30
So the calc factor is frankly irrelevant since it applies to below a third of the pages at best
If we delete this verse just because it has a lack of active supporters and it is hard for our staff to keep up with all content revision threads, we might as well get rid of 50% of our wiki. It would set a very bad precedent for you and others to get away with deleting nearly anything.
No it won't, people in general tend to avoid putting stuff to delete as is.
And most verses on site are not at a state where the people who want to revise the verse want to nuke it, it's simply not common at all.

This are all the pages that actually use the AP calcs, and with the overlap of pages and the fact some don't even need the calc in them like say Dark King (Which is 3-A while having links to the 4-B calc) this likely doesn't
and they are 3-A via ShOCkwAve despite supporting multiple tier 2 feats but that's a fact I'm saving for later

Dino has been inactive for nearly a year, I sincerely doubt he'll get back just for this
Also again I repeat, as someone who has experienced trying to revise verses no one else is into it really goes no where because no one can really check the finer context, which is double true with a verse of this size

This thread of mine goes nowhere because there's no one else to actually verify stuff properly, which is just what going to happen here
Just because a verse has calcs doesn't make it not deletion worthy, the pages are of poor quality and keeping them around just overall worsens the wiki
I don't see the point at keeping low quality pages, which we know are low quality just because the verse has calcs.
Profile deletion shouldn't be used as a shortcut to make CRTs easier.

I and a few others have gone over everything in that thread you linked, but you just haven't responded to me :v

EDIT: Deleting all profiles without calcs seems like a potential middleground.

Last edited:
Lacking supporters is not my main reason, the problem is that all 111 profiles don't have any correct information, so making CRTs will just watse time of both us supporters and staff

Or if you want then we will delete at least any profiles that don't have calcs instead?

Ant you do realize that we nuked the Shinza Bansho pages because not only did no one who supports the series is active anymore but the pages are severely outdated right? Especially with the fact they barely have any justifications for their powers? It’s one thing if the pages are still up to date despite the supporters being gone but that’s not the case here. Unless someone has the free time to revise the series or has it on their “to-do” list, I don’t really see the point in keeping the verse around.

I and a few others have gone over everything in that thread you linked, but you just haven't responded to me :v
I just don’t find the point of a CRT which will just end being a staff person going “I have no idea about deeper context of the verse, ehhhh sure this looks fine”
It practically has no difference to me than deleting and remaking the pages from scratch.
Also as Glass said, this is why we nuked Shinza to an extent

Also the thread reached a point where I really don’t have much to add, and considering on the other times I ping people to it nobody responded to unless I go on Discord and pester them I don’t find the point in it

Shinza's deletion was largely due to translation concerns. That makes it not very comparable here.

You had multiple staff members (everything12, the_impress, ant, promestein) in the deletion thread for it saying "Those other reasons don't really matter and set a bad precedent, the main issue is with translations." ByAsura and qawsed said that it's due to the combination of factors, not just it needing revisions or just it having dodgy translations.

Please do not misrepresent precedent like that.

EDIT: After talking about it off-site with Tllm, he wanted to make my position clearer. While I would personally prefer sweeping deletions like this to occur, we've had staff threads discussing this topic before which have established much more careful standards for verse deletion. And I don't want that precedent overturned just because 2 or 3 people come together to ask for it.

Last edited:
EDIT: After talking about it off-site with Tllm, he wanted to make my position clearer. While I would personally prefer sweeping deletions like this to occur, we've had staff threads discussing this topic before which have established much more careful standards for verse deletion. And I don't want that precedent overturned just because 2 or 3 people come together to ask for it.
In case someone doesn't catch this

Shinza's deletion was largely due to translation concerns. That makes it not very comparable here.

You had multiple staff members (everything12, the_impress, ant, promestein) in the deletion thread for it saying "Those other reasons don't really matter and set a bad precedent, the main issue is with translations." ByAsura and qawsed said that it's due to the combination of factors, not just it needing revisions or just it having dodgy translations.

Please do not misrepresent precedent like that.
We've had staff threads discussing this topic before which have established much more careful standards for verse deletion. And I don't want that precedent overturned just because 2 or 3 people come together to ask for it.
I agree with the above-listed arguments.

Dino Ranger Black did not leave particularly long ago, and he continuously worked on the pages, so they cannot be very outdated, and there do not seem to be any translation issues here. Deleting pages that are not of very bad quality to make revisions easier sets a very bad precedent. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I am willing to help you out with evaluating revision threads if you need it.

Last edited:
Dino Ranger Black did not leave particularly long ago, and he continuously worked on the pages, so they cannot be very outdated
Dino has been gone since September of last year and this pages seem to not have been touched since 2020
I do not think using him in any way shape or form helps the argument against deletion

Dino Ranger Black did not leave particularly long ago, and he continuously worked on the pages, so they cannot be very outdated, and there do not seem to be any translation issues here. Deleting pages that are of very bad quality to make revisions easier sets a very bad precedent. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I am willing to help you out with evaluating revision threads if you need it.
So what about we delete the profiles without calcs only? I understand that calcs usually need time to get evaluation then it's normal for you to want to keep them

Also thank you Dino, with your ugly profiles my work is completely ****** up now

Last edited:
So what about we delete the profiles without calcs only? I understand that calcs usually need time to get evaluation then it's normal for you to want to keep them

Also thank you Dino, with your ugly profiles my work is completely ****** up now
Please explain what is unreliable and why more specifically.

Dino Ranger Black did not leave particularly long ago, and he continuously worked on the pages, so they cannot be very outdated, and there do not seem to be any translation issues here. Deleting pages that are not of very bad quality to make revisions easier sets a very bad precedent. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I am willing to help you out with evaluating revision threads if you need it.
Also, I made a writing error in the above post. I have corrected it now.

Okay, so there are no calculations as a basis for the statistics?

Back