• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wasn't he out of breath from just having a part of his soul destroyed? He pants from that numerous times.

Still not much evidence that it was a one off spell though despite it being "usual" if he looks out of breath.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Isn't Voldemort considered to be more powerful than Grindelwald despite the latter having the Elder Wand?
People consider Voldemort to be a greater Dark Wizard, yes, but not exaclty more powerful. Remember, Voldemort was afraid of Old Dumbledore who is <<<<< Prime Dumbledore, who Grindelwald stalemated.

Can we apply the changes even without the shield destruction calc? I mean, it is not like it would scale to anyone but the Big Three.

People consider Voldemort to be a greater Dark Wizard, yes, but not exaclty more powerful. Remember, Voldemort was afraid of Old Dumbledore who is <<<<< Prime Dumbledore, who Grindelwald stalemated.

iirc it was stated a few times Voldenort was more powerful

I think that Antoniofer rejected the 8-A calculation.

Well, it might be possible to redo the calculation according to his instructions.

Honestly Grindelwald has better feats than Voldemort.

The statement that Dumbledore made about Grindelwald being equal to him was a statement for Grindelwald without the Elder Wand. And Dumbledore, with or without the Wand, would be able to beat Voldemort quite comfortably.

I agree with Kepekley based on that Dumbledore outmatched Voldemort once in the books.

So, what about the upgrades? I don't think Voldemort's calc mean much, as it scales only to the Big Three (Grindelwald, Dumbledore and Voldemort - maybe Credence as well?) and won't matter to the other characters involved.

The Archdemon said:
So, what about the upgrades? I don't think Voldemort's calc mean much, as it scales only to the Big Three (Grindelwald, Dumbledore and Voldemort - maybe Credence as well?) and won't matter to the other characters involved.
Credence likely scales.

The God-tiers can be outright 8-B.

The high-mid tiers should be "At least Building level (scaling to Bellatrix's shockwave, likely Large Building level+"

The mid-tiers should be "At least Small Building level (scaling to werewolves), likely Large Building level (scaling to Finite)"

Credence should scale, yes.

Large Building level mid-tiers seems a bit excessive.

The five powerful dudes that undid Grindelwald's fire, Lupin, Sirius, etc.

The mid-low tiers like Hermione, Harry, Ron would be Building level via dividing the mid-high tiers by 3.

Antvasima said:
Are there any official numbers for how large Hogwarts is? 700 feet seems very excessive for a school.
Considering this is the only wizard school in the country I imagine it would be rather large.

The five powerful dudes that undid Grindelwald's fire, Lupin, Sirius, etc.
Uh, are we sure it's five exactly?

I feel like I remember there were a number of other Aurors participating in it outside of Newt and co.

I don't actually remember that. In the scene with Flamel, there are only five wizards, and I'm pretty sure most aurors fled when they had the chance.

You can ask a few other calc group members directly for help via their message walls if you wish.

Voldemort's shield penetration spell was able to break protego horribilis, the most powerful protego that blocks nearly all spells. While simple protegos are able to block Voldemort's spells in duelling. So 8-B normally, 8-A with the spell would be my proposal, yes.

Back