• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Thread: Eternatus Edition

"Why wasn't Chairman Rose's theme Eternatus' theme?...Like it did not match that fight at all"

Eternatus' fight theme gave the impression of jolly anime-like scene where the heroes join forces and defeat the evil. And it made the battle super anti-climatic.

"Although, I still prefer Galar over Kanto and Kalos. X and Y are still my least favorite main games of the series not counting Red and Blue."

I prefer Kanto for the sole reason that there is no plot and thus the experience is 100% left to the player. The team rocket is there just to give some antagonists, and funnily I believe they are the most realistic out of all the evil organizations. They are basically mafia, with no other goal than making money and gaining power. No ridiculous overblown objectives like making a new universe, or expanding sea/earth.

Yeah, I agree. Rose's theme would have fit the situation better imho.

Eh, that's a preference think. For me, realism =/= better. And while I like more down to earth, they were also from a Gen when we didn't have Legends tied to the cosmology like the Creation Trio or Weather Trio. Honestly, they existed to give us the lore for those legends. Something I look for in Evil teams nowadays. If you are gonna have this overblown motive, at least give us lore on the magical gods you're gonna use to do so.

Still waiting for my super dark PG18+ pokemon game.

I know it wont happen, but a man can dream.

Or at least a game with 3 regions. Or 2 that arent johto + kanto.

Pleaaaaaaase...

I like this match

@Dragon Digimon aint as dark as what I want in that game.

For starters:

1) pokemon and people actually die in the game.

2) pokemon display the abilities that the pokedex describes

3) Evil guys are actually threatening and not a buch of weirdos in funny clothes.

4) You travel with more people and are not an effing 10 years old.

5) there is a conflict because being a pokemon trainer is so close to animal abuse it may very well be punished.

PaChi2 said:
I like this match

@Dragon Digimon aint as dark as I want that game.

For starters:

1) pokemon and people actually die in the game.

2) pokemon display the abilities that the pokedex describes

3) Evil guys are actually threatening and not a buch of weirdos in funny clothes.

4) You travel with more people and are not an effing 10 years old.

5) there is a conflict because being a pokemon trainer is so close to animal abuse it may very well be punished.
So, basically, a Pokémon adventures game

What I described there wasnt the "dark" part.

More like something to make the game more realistic.

And since I just recently read berserk, trust me, I have a lot of dark themes in my mind right now.

tbh and I am likely more in the minority here, but I don't really need dark Pokemon (not the typing). For me, I don't believe every series needs to be super gritty and dark. While there are dex entries with extremely dark stuff going on in them, I simply am relaxed with the more casual feel of Pokemon with a touch of ******* terrifying shit hidden within.

Kinda like how Kirby starts out nice and friendly and then deals with some cosmic horror type shit endgame.

I just want a change, there is enough jolly/friendly pokemon.

It doesnt even need to be dark. That's only my preference.

Something more than whatever they did in Sword/Shield, because it seems that pokemon = irrelevant plot and flat characters for the most part.

I mean, Hop and Leon were "great" imo.

But, if anything, something like what Gen V or Gen Vll did would help. Maybe expand more on those types of stories. Or maybe, just maybe...they can give Pokemon Stories more thought overall and make them feel like your general RPGs, just more lighthearted. Like, Hop I believe was a good start in which we saw development. Give us that, but even more and we're golden.

I found Hop annoying, but I can see people liking his character.

Leon was okay/good.

I feel they should base the games on some plot and leave the gym/pokemon league as optional. Like, you want to be the strongest trainer? Go for it, but you make the decission, we are not shoving it down your throat.

I agree 100% with that. Like give you more choices on how you want to do things. Like, you wanna focus on being the strongest trainer? Go for the Gyms. You want to learn about the lore? Go for the Legendaries. Want character interactions and such? Try and get to know the various main characters around the region. I would like this in a Pokemon game.

PaChi2 said:
What I described there wasnt the "dark" part.

More like something to make the game more realistic.

And since I just recently read berserk, trust me, I have a lot of dark themes in my mind right now.
You want Pokémon Adventures

PaChi2 said:
Still waiting for my super dark PG18+ pokemon game.
I know it wont happen, but a man can dream.

Pleaaaaaaase...
Play Pokemon Reborn? Or pokemon Outlaw

@Xyz: Also liked Hop and Leon (dude is kind of an awesome guy). I thought the characters were likeable in general, but there wasn't really a plotline driving anything (dunno, Bede for example was from an orphanage and was adopted, but aside a side mention nothing ever comes from that. Would have been cool to visit that orphanage and see what kind of place it was or something). I guess that's why Rose fell so flat as a villain, it really came as that the battle against him was because a villanous Team Boss was needed and a big battle against a Legendary mandatory, but aside that... his plot wasn't "flat" it wasn't ouright non-existent. And many times something big was going on and other characters were like "Yo, we'll handle this. You go for you badges, kiddo!"

Dunno where, but time ago saw the idea of having a Career Mode and a Story Mode, kinda like what you mention. Essentially Career is for gym challenge and competitive battling and Story is for a plot driven campaign with legendaries and characters akin to a movie.

Imagine a game set in a mystery dungeon-esque setting but with a Fromsoft Action game like style and method of storytelling.

The multiple Illusionary clones he can create that can damage opponents comparable to him. (i.e the entire Meteor Cave)

I haven't watched Movie 7 in years. I just notived this playing MDDX and how he will constantly summon clones in combat the instant you defeat them all.

PaChi2 said:
So... There is no Hop profile? I wanted to put him against Marnie or Wally.
Surely not.

Anyways, here's another of my Pokémugen masterpieces:

Luffy the OU puncher
Haki Terrain (Status | Fighting | - BP | - Accuracy | 10 PP | During the effect, the power of Fighting-type attacks made by all Pokemon is multiplied by 1.3, the accuracy of all grounded Pokémon that aren't Fighting type is decreased by 1 stage and OHKO moves can't miss, Camouflage transforms the user into a Fighting type, Nature Power becomes Cross Chop, and Secret Power has a 30% chance to cause sleep. Fails if the current terrain is Haki Terrain.)

(I'm still working on the exact effects of this terrain, BTW)

>Base Luffy sounds outclasses by Hawlucha

>Litterally all his stats are higher than the bird, with only speed being 8 points lower and nobody cares of the Special attack

The hell are you saying Bob ?

I mean, Hawlucha gets Unburden and 110 STAB in Acrobatics. And it's complicated, you have to do an idea, then ask if it's fine, if it's accepted you have to program stuff to change the base game accordingly.

Back