• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Thread: Eternatus Edition

The God Of Procrastination said:
How about a Death Orb? The user gets a 2x attacking boost, but also takes 50% recoil.
Mmm... that doesn't sound balanced

Like, you could give it to Reuniclus and watch it hit as if it had Huge Power with no recoil thanks to Magic Guard.

And that isn't helped by me already doing someone that can pass Magic Guard to someone else afterwards, so you would end up with broken stuff like someone getting Huge Power while having 110 Attack and 170 Speed (Aka, Sonic)

And here I was with just a Blaziken set.

HP: 4/6
Attack: 252
Defence: 0
SP Attack: 0
SP Defence: 0
Speed: 252

Sucker Punch Flare Blitz
Protect Thunderpunch

While Adamant SB is an obvious choice, its potential for killing itself makes Blaze and Jolly viable.

Speed Boost turns a Jolly nature almost like a waste, and Blaziken suffers a ton of recoil already, you'll want to just hold Swords Dance + 3 attacks.

Yes, but it's banned.

I did him in a way that the best stuff simply can't be used in the same way Libero Cinderace isn't usable.

I still can't believe I ended up having to give Reinhard a potential niche outside the sheer typing as a setup staller, but oh well, at least it's unique

Bobsican said:
Yes, but it's banned.

I did him in a way that the best stuff simply can't be used in the same way Libero Cinderace isn't usable.
Libero is just Protean, but with a different name.

Also, I could have sworn that it was change color, not color change.

Yes, but it's more about the stuff simply not being actually usable out of it not beind released, even if something similar that's avaiable is already around.

Because I can't go overboard with the BST

And typing has been pretty discussed, Normal makes sense as that's the type of Rapid Spin and Extreme Speed, but on the other hand, Fighting is the same type of a good chunk of his movepool, even if not as main, then again, Ground is the current one only for his hydrophobia.

Rapid Spin, Rollout, Steamroller, High Jump Kick, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Protect, Swords Dance, Agility, Low Kick, Low Sweep, Bounce, Recover, Hurricane, Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Hammer Arm, Sacred Sword, Teleport, U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Volt Tackle, Wild Charge, Spark, Minimize, Aromatheraphy, Drill Run, Liquidation, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Explosion, Earthquake, Signal Beam, Heavy Slam, Electroweb, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Magnet Rise, Gravity, Boomburst, Overdrive, Stone Edge, Aqua Jet, Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Comet Punch, Drain Punch, Seismic Toss, Dragon Dance, Stomping Tantrum, Magic Coat, Haze, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Healing Pulse, Extreme Speed, Quick Attack, Fake Out, Switcheroo

Custom moves:

Light Speed Dash (Physical | Fighting | 90 BP | - Accuracy | 5 PP | +2 Priority, can hit opponents in the middle of Fly and Sky Drop)

Super Peel Out (Status | Fighting | - BP | - Accuracy | 10 PP | Raises the user's speed by 3; Z-Power effect: Raises the user's speed by 1)

Hyper Flash (Physical | Fighting | 200 BP | - Accuracy | - PP | Signature Z-Move, must know Light Speed Dash and hold a Sonicium Z, hits all surrounding opponents, +3 Priority)

@Bob

I ment the level up moves, TM moves have no importance on the typing of the pokemon

also those special moves have nothing Fighting about them, they are much more like Mega Punch and Mega Kick, which are Normal Type moves

All of them are Lv. Up moves.

Anyways, it's more like how Lucario is a Fighting type out of aura stuff, which Sonic does use quite often.

you must have lost your mind

that's more than a move for every other level, the most a pokemon has ever had is 26, not even HALF that amount

and don't go tell me it's because he has a lot of versatility, because firstly that's base Sonic, no Wisps, no Chaos Emerals, no Excalibur form, no other stuff, and second, *****NG MEW only has 12 and has all pokemons moves PERIOD by lore

also you gave him Hammer Arm, like, seriusly ? That moves goes against everything Sonic stands for

Yeah, in the place I go movepools are made like that, even if otherwise they simply don't.

And Hammer Arm comes from the Werehog form, lol.

I mean, we are talking of a place where OCs and even memes with no background/legitimate plot can be in a la JBW.

I regret nothing

Culexus the OU soloer
The following moves can't be used by anyone else while this ability is active: Court Change, Disable, Double Team, Mind Reader, Perish Song, Safeguard, Wish, Mystical Fire, Sacred Fire, Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Life Dew, Origin Pulse, Aura Wheel, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Ancient Power, Aurora Veil, Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, Clangorous Soul, all Psychic and Ghost type moves (With the only exceptions being Photon Geyser and Moongeist Beam), moves boosted by Mega Launcher (Except Dragon Pulse and Water Pulse) and Protect-sort moves (Exceptions being Baneful Bunker, Spiky Shield, Mat Block and Obstruct)

Psyk-out Grenade (Special | Dark | 70 BP | 100 Accuracy | 20 PP | Uses the target's Special Attack in damage calculation, +15 BP for each stat boost the target may have, blocked by Bulletproof)

Etherium Shift (Status | Ghost | - BP | - Accuracy | 10 PP | King's Shield clone, but sets up Substitute if an attack is blocked (Contact or not), the user loses 25% of health in the same way as if it just used Substitute if a Substitute is made)

Bobsican said:
Yes, but it's more about the stuff simply not being actually usable out of it not being released, even if something similar that's available is already around.
I thought that it was banned for the same reason as Speed Boost Blaziken.

Oh right, I forgot that one.

Well, the moment Speed Boost came out, Blaziken went to Ubers.

In here, even if it comes out, just banning the ability entirely is an option as all users of it would be uncompetitive otherwise.

Bobsican said:
Psyk-out Grenade (Special | Dark | 70 BP | 100 Accuracy | 20 PP | Uses the target's Special Attack in damage calculation, +15 BP for each stat boost the target may have, blocked by Bulletproof)
Facing a Mega Mewtwo Y with max boosts in everything gives it a power of 700, coupled with and A/D that could be as high as 535/220, it can deal 2240 damage, and that's without a critical hit.

Back