• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys Season 4 Discussion Thread

Nope. Kimiko and Noir aren't bulletproof yet they scale fine from Bulletproof Annie and Stormfront.
Also, Naqib was bulletproof and got one-shot by Noir.
Wait old Noir wasn’t bulletproof? I don’t remember an instance of him even interacting with bullets, but if he isn’t bulletproof then yeah that completely throws that idea in the bucket. Also yeah now that you mention it, the gap between Kimiko and the bulletproof supes would probs be much higher if we based their strength off that.

On the topic of supes and bullets though: instead of giving bulletproof supes a “Bulletproof Durability” ability, wouldn’t it make more sense to just slap guns into the non-bulletproof supes’ weaknesses section? The 9-A to 8-A characters should be bulletproof by default just based on how powerful guns are, so if one is susceptible to bullets then that seems more like a downside for them than an upside for the bulletproof supes.

Wait old Noir wasn’t bulletproof? I don’t remember an instance of him even interacting with bullets, but if he isn’t bulletproof then yeah that completely throws that idea in the bucket. Also yeah now that you mention it, the gap between Kimiko and the bulletproof supes would probs be much higher if we based their strength off that.

On the topic of supes and bullets though: instead of giving bulletproof supes a “Bulletproof Durability” ability, wouldn’t it make more sense to just slap guns into the non-bulletproof supes’ weaknesses section? The 9-A to 8-A characters should be bulletproof by default just based on how powerful guns are, so if one is susceptible to bullets then that seems more like a downside for them than an upside for the bulletproof supes.
1. I think is easier to see in the P&A section
2. Not really. Fiction almost all time has powerful characters be affected/threatened by bullets. Idk, random example, Deku from MHA is like 8-A+ at his weakest and he still dodges bullets. Heck, Captain America is like 8-C and is vulnerable to bullets.
I (personally) think that assuming a character is bulletproof based on their strength/durability is flawed unless the character is shown/implied to be.
ya bro’s not bulletproof

(2:30)

And yet when they see Noir II be bulletproof they still think is the same Noir lol

ya bro’s not bulletproof

(2:30)

How did I forget this moment lol

Although isn’t this just his suit not being bulletproof? He doesn’t even react to the bullets hitting him and just keeps walking forward to Hughie.

1. I think is easier to see in the P&A section
2. Not really. Fiction almost all time has powerful characters be affected/threatened by bullets. Idk, random example, Deku from MHA is like 8-A+ at his weakest and he still dodges bullets. Heck, Captain America is like 8-C and is vulnerable to bullets.
I (personally) think that assuming a character is bulletproof based on their strength/durability is flawed unless the character is shown/implied to be.
I can see the reasoning, but I still feel like it’s more reasonable to just add a weakness to bullets to a profile when needed. Because tbh the only alternative I can think of is to assume bullets have some form of durability negation unless the character is confirmed bulletproof, which can lead to some pretty wacky shenanigans.

Hughie shot through his hand
bullet goes through his hand. Nori just has a high pain tolerance
Ah I didn’t see the smoke from the other side at first since it was so dark, my bad lol

Should Noir maybe get Low regen then? His hand later seems to be fine from what I remember, and presumably the bullets would’ve dug a bit into his chest as well.

Should add to Homelander's enhanced senses that he could tell Hughie's scent from a drop of his sweat.

Should add to Homelander's enhanced senses that he could tell Hughie's scent from a drop of his sweat.
And could tell that Maeve slept with Butcher even days after LOL
How did I forget this moment lol

Although isn’t this just his suit not being bulletproof? He doesn’t even react to the bullets hitting him and just keeps walking forward to Hughie.

I can see the reasoning, but I still feel like it’s more reasonable to just add a weakness to bullets to a profile when needed. Because tbh the only alternative I can think of is to assume bullets have some form of durability negation unless the character is confirmed bulletproof, which can lead to some pretty wacky shenanigans.
I mean, in both cases it's a little of a redundant clarification, but we can do both (also I like the listing I did LOL)

Another bullet-based post lol, but we’re sure the bullets from the secret service agent only targeted the tumour? I’ve seen a few people treat it as Billy also being targeted, with one person even saying his coat has bullet holes (which personally I don’t see at all).

(1:03, might be worth looking at later shots of him too to make sure there’s no bullet holes)

Another bullet-based post lol, but we’re sure the bullets from the secret service agent only targeted the tumour? I’ve seen a few people treat it as Billy also being targeted, with one person even saying his coat has bullet holes (which personally I don’t see at all).

(1:03, might be worth looking at later shots of him too to make sure there’s no bullet holes)

Will check it in slowmo, and see what I can find, but I think the implication was that the tentacles got shot

Just binged all of Gen V. All in all it was pretty good, better than the current season of the boys in my opinion, but not without it's faults. The scaling is kinda all over the place though, how the hell did Neuman cut her hand with a normal knife yet can survive bullets no problem and is considered unkillable by the Boys? And Jackie surviving being lasered by Homelander of all people yet regularly knifing her hands? Disregarding that it did give us a few good feats like Golden Boy vaporizing a person, Andre catching a falling helicopter, a random supe gibbing a human with her lightning powers, and Sam creating large craters by jumping. Has any of that been calculated?

Just binged all of Gen V. All in all it was pretty good, better than the current season of the boys in my opinion, but not without it's faults. The scaling is kinda all over the place though, how the hell did Neuman cut her hand with a normal knife yet can survive bullets no problem and is considered unkillable by the Boys? And Jackie surviving being lasered by Homelander of all people yet regularly knifing her hands? Disregarding that it did give us a few good feats like Golden Boy vaporizing a person, Andre catching a falling helicopter, a random supe gibbing a human with her lightning powers, and Sam creating large craters by jumping. Has any of that been calculated?
1. Marie, not Jackie lol, and it's not like HL went all out
2. Luke reduced Brink to ashes, not Vaporization (and it's on the common feats page, 0.056-0.060 Tons of TN)
3. The rest of the feats you mentioned are like 9-B at best, so no much to calc tbh
4. Vicky cutting her hand is likely PIS. That or it's meant to show she strong enough to cut herself? Still dumb considering she used a regular knife.
For Marie it's not that back since they haven't showed her as bulletproof like Neuman.

1. Marie, not Jackie lol, and it's not like HL went all out
He likely didn't go all out but it was still considered an incredible blast to survive by other bulletproof supes so it was likely lethal.
2. Luke reduced Brink to ashes, not Vaporization (and it's on the common feats page, 0.056-0.060 Tons of TN)
Ok I was unaware but that should still be a calculation viewable on the page in my opinion.
3. The rest of the feats you mentioned are like 9-B at best, so no much to calc tbh
Really? Even the crater Sam made by jumping? It was like three Andre's wide and half an Andre tall just by eyeballing it, plus it could possibly increase lifting strength since it was a jump that caused that damage. Even if none of them are upgrades couldn't it be used as support for higher ratings?
4. Vicky cutting her hand is likely PIS. That or it's meant to show she strong enough to cut herself? Still dumb considering she used a regular knife.
For Marie it's not that back since they haven't showed her as bulletproof like Neuman.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Back