• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2 (Clover Edition): Mainline Game Scaling

It absolutely is easier to make it a separate key in an existing profile as opposed to making a whole new profile. Asserting otherwise doesn't make your stance actually true, nor does dismissing my point make yours any better
It really doesnt no. Unless you think cramming two character's stats, abilities, powers etc. into one profile is better than just two pages, but thats wild otherwise lol

They are very different Pokemon, I dont see why you're lumping them together like theyre interchangable transformations and then tryna claim like this is better.

Just cause its easier doesnt make it better

What do you even mean by "it's already happened"? And it doesn't matter what you say you can do, because if the suggestion doesn't get the appropriate support, it's just not happening. Hence why I brought up that you're the only one arguing for this
We've already got cases of separate profiles for split evos lol, Ralts is just one of the messy ones that doesnt do it

This verse aint doing anything rn lol If im literally willing to do the work and you're only concerned about how much extra work it is, then i dont see why you would be complaining personally. Yall hate gallade or smthn?

Last edited:
Based on what evidence
You dont have evidence for 'user-friendly', its just about how much better presentation it is not to overblaot a profile. Which is what logically happens when you decide to shove two separate pokemon into one profile.
I know it's not what you meant, but wouldn't you still put all of the information you would put into a theoretical Gallade profile into one page if you made a Gallade profile. It doesn't seem to me like it's horribly cramped. I rather have them together than apart sometimes I forget the name of a Pokémon and I just search the name of anything in the line. If I want gallade and searched ralts I wouldn't find it anymore would I?
Yeah, you would. Which is ideal cause then you exclude all of the Gardevoir stuff that she can do uniquely.

Bro, if you're forgetting the name of pokemon like Gallade and Gardevoir (which is a total lie dont try and lie plz), then i dont think you should really be speaking in terms of how to format the profiles. This is a made-up scenario

Yall have to make the most weirdest non-issues imaginable just to argue against giving different pokemon their different profiles. its insane

You dont have evidence for 'user-friendly'
That fact it been like this as long as it has suggests otherwise if people didn't like they would argue to change it. Can you find proof anyone else has complained about this?
Yeah, you would. Which is ideal cause then you exclude all of the Gardevoir stuff that she can do uniquely.
Don't tabs already fix this alleged issue
Bro, if you're forgetting the name of pokemon like Gallade and Gardevoir (which is a total lie dont try and lie plz)
I find it simpler to type eevee than remember how to spell the name of every evolution it has, I mix up the og hitmon sometimes, and I can never spell shedninja right but ninjask is fine.

It really doesnt no. Unless you think cramming two character's stats, abilities, powers etc. into one profile is better than just two pages, but thats wild otherwise lol
I mean you can describe it in a way to make it sound less appealing if you want. I can do that too, by describing your approach as "wasting a whole profile on a Pokemon that already exists as part of an evolutionary line and could simply be another key." That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
They are very different Pokemon, I dont see why you're lumping them together like theyre interchangable transformations and then tryna claim like this is better.

Just cause its easier doesnt make it better
Are Ralts and Kirlia not different Pokemon as well? Let's split them up too then

It's about consistency
We've already got cases of separate profiles for split evos lol, Ralts is just one of the messy ones that doesnt do it
This is appealing to tradition. We can just as easily change those other Pokemon, and that also means less profiles as clutter
This verse aint doing anything rn lol If im literally willing to do the work and you're only concerned about how much extra work it is, then i dont see why you would be complaining personally. Yall hate gallade or smthn?
It's not just the work, but also the fact that there's no gain for said work, and I've explained why the gain you claim there to be doesn't actually exist

I mean you can describe it in a way to make it sound less appealing if you want. I can do that too, by describing your approach as "wasting a whole profile on a Pokemon that already exists as part of an evolutionary line and could simply be another key." That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

Are Ralts and Kirlia not different Pokemon as well? Let's split them up too then
I mean that can definitely be done yeah! Its a bit different to pre-evolutions and split final evolutions, since they are different species that branch off from a common ancestor lol. But you already knew that and need to grasp straws
It's about consistency
This verse hasnt got any consistency
This is appealing to tradition. We can just as easily change those other Pokemon, and that also means less profiles as clutter
'as clutter'. Your solution of combining the info of two different pokemon evolutions is the equivalent of shoving all the mess of a room into the wardrobe then calling it clean lol
It's not just the work, but also the fact that there's no gain for said work, and I've explained why the gain you claim there to be doesn't actually exist
You havent defined 'gain', and i'd be happy to do the work even if theres no gain (this isnt a job, its a hobby).
People make profiles on this wiki cause its fun, not cause its a job, so you could be a bit less stingy abt it idk

That fact it been like this as long as it has suggests otherwise if people didn't like they would argue to change it. Can you find proof anyone else has complained about this?
This is a senseless counter productive argument. Especially when you consider no ones given a toss to actually keep this verse under control on this wiki

"You can only suggest improvments if someone else has done it before you!"

Im sure the vast majority of pokemon fans would consider these two different pokemon
Don't tabs already fix this alleged issue
No, because tabs just become a maze and theres no efficient way of separating who gets which power and why.

And again, theres not finite wiki space. Creating non-issues
I find it simpler to type eevee than remember how to spell the name of every evolution it has, I mix up the og hitmon sometimes, and I can never spell shedninja right but ninjask is fine.
What even is this argument?

Because you cant spell Eeveelution lines, (Who i said is the only valid exception maybe cause its a core part of Eevees identity) we have to cram separate pokemon into one page???

This the worst reasoning imaginable

I mean that can definitely be done yeah! Its a bit different to pre-evolutions and split final evolutions, since they are different species that branch off from a common ancestor lol. But you already knew that and need to grasp straws
That's crazy, because we're not gonna waste profiles on stuff like this

Take the Hatterene line. Hatenna is the "Calm Pokemon", Hattrem is the "Serene Pokemon", and Hatterene is the "Silent Pokemon." These are all different species, so we should split them up, no?
This is not an argument. Suddenly we shouldn't try to be consistent in how we do profiles? Not how that works lol
'as clutter'. Your solution of combining the info of two different pokemon evolutions is the equivalent of shoving all the mess of a room into the wardrobe then calling it clean lol
You can make all the equivalences you think are accurate all you want, doesn't mean they're actually correct. Your solution is the equivalent of taking two shirts that could easily fit into the same closet without issue and putting them in separate closets just because.

See, I can make analogies too
You havent defined 'gain', and i'd be happy to do the work even if theres no gain (this isnt a job, its a hobby).
People make profiles on this wiki cause its fun, not cause its a job, so you could be a bit less stingy abt it idk
"Gain" is simply any positive outcome resulting from the change. And any you've provided isn't something that couldn't be done by having this all on one profile. And just because it's for fun, doesn't mean we can just make any profiles we want simply for the hell of it. For something like this, a consensus needs to be reached.

And because your suggestion has received no support, and thus you cannot make the profile because of the lack of support for it, I will not be entertaining it any further.

I mean that can definitely be done yeah! Its a bit different to pre-evolutions and split final evolutions, since they are different species that branch off from a common ancestor
factually incorrect, Pre Evos are not "ancestors" in any capacity, they are THE EXACT SAME BEING/INDIVIDUAL/CHARACTER all through out he line

as Clover said, but with an add, we just need to MAKE IT consistent by doing the Ralts/Lucario page treatement to all profiles who do not follow it, it is that simple

That's crazy, because we're not gonna waste profiles on stuff like this

Take the Hatterene line. Hatenna is the "Calm Pokemon", Hattrem is the "Serene Pokemon", and Hatterene is the "Silent Pokemon." These are all different species, so we should split them up, no?
Yeah and ive stated multiple times that I dont want this to happen either, i just dont want split evos being forced into one profile with their counterpart just cause they share pre-evos.

Being pre-evolutions that turn INTO those pokemon, but the split evos not being interchangable between eachother has been the entire point this whole time

Not like anyone actually cares to know the stats for middle-pre evo mons in a species generalisation so Gallade and Gardevoir could easily coexist without Ralts and Kirlia getting pages
This is not an argument. Suddenly we shouldn't try to be consistent in how we do profiles? Not how that works lol
Dont think i said that? Are you reading it?

I just dont think we should be talking about consistency when this verse has failed to be since its debut on the wiki lol
You can make all the equivalences you think are accurate all you want, doesn't mean they're actually correct. Your solution is the equivalent of taking two shirts that could easily fit into the same closet without issue and putting them in separate closets just because.

See, I can make analogies too
Please stop saying cringe stuff

You're effectively calling Gardevoir and Gallade the same in that analogy, when Pokemon has literally made them split evolutions. They are DIFFERENT. The page youre glazing around is literally just cramming two mons into 1 page

"Gain" is simply any positive outcome resulting from the change. And any you've provided isn't something that couldn't be done by having this all on one profile. And just because it's for fun, doesn't mean we can just make any profiles we want simply for the hell of it. For something like this, a consensus needs to be reached.
Just because its not positive to you doesnt make it unworthy. You arent God lmao

Gallade and Gardevoir are two separate pokemon. Their pages CAN be separated, and they DO have differences, and there ARE people that like the pokemon individually, but the fun police over here says no lol.

I just think its disrespectful to the final-evos and reducing them to being cramped up in one page.
And because your suggestion has received no support, and thus you cannot make the profile because of the lack of support for it, I will not be entertaining it any further.
Bros on a power trip. Thinks hes the anime villain

I havent tried to muster its support. Its lost on people who are admitting they have trouble spelling the names of these pokemon and are only rejecting this because its a lot of work (lazy). This is why the verse has got nowhere so plz stop thinking just because a bunch of random users are saying no makes me deterred
Then when someone gets rid of these non-issues, they refuse to be in the wrong light.

Last edited:
factually incorrect, Pre Evos are not "ancestors" in any capacity, they are THE EXACT SAME BEING/INDIVIDUAL/CHARACTER all through out he line
Pre Evos arent the same being, individual and character. This is a Species profile, it generalises the species. If theyre used in versus threads, theyre a hypothetical representative and thus have no hsitory of being those pre-evos.

If it was an anime pokemon, like Ashs Greninja, then include all his pre-evos yeah. But i dont think we should tether cool mons like Gallade to being in the same profile
as Clover said, but with an add, we just need to MAKE IT consistent by doing the Ralts/Lucario page treatement to all profiles who do not follow it, it is that simple
Meh. Those pages arent all that.
Lucario is aight but that doesnt have to have 2 final-evolved pokemon mashed together cause yall lazy

People STILL treating Gallade and Gardevoir like theyre just different fom changes lmao. They are Literally different Pokemon

Shedinja and Ninjask are literally canonically this as well, but funny how yall ignoring that

Last edited:
People STILL treating Gallade and Gardevoir like theyre just different fom changes lmao. They are Literally different Pokemon

Shedinja and Ninjask are literally canonically this as well, but funny how yall ignoring that
You have derailed the thread more than enough now. I advise you simply make your own regarding this issue.

I will delete derailing comments from here on. Though frankly believe the thread should just be remade at this point.

K sure, but its not like there was anywhere clearer to discuss this. It wasnt even my only question, This verse just aint clear about what scalings to use

You have derailed the thread more than enough now. I advise you simply make your own regarding this issue.

I will delete derailing comments from here on. Though frankly believe the thread should just be remade at this point.
I'm gonna wait because there's a thread to contest the canon split that might be getting accepted, and if it does, this whole thing is just rendered moot

Back