• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

If Dynamax was the reason to remove megas, then just remove Dynamax, Megas are a better concept that maked trash mons better and viable, Dynamax is a temporaly boost that only makes your mon bigger

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Well look on the brightside. With half the roster gone, people will now actually be getting a forced opportunity to try and connect with the new mons of Gen 8 instead of filling their games up with mon from previous games.

Which to me is what I think is a good idea to come out of this.
Basically.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
All the good that would come from that decision is only good for Game Freak, not for us. We don't gain anything from being forced to like new mons, nor from a rushed game, nor for a smaller budget being used for the game. We just eat shit.
Re-read what I said Saikou. I never said "forced to like new mons". I said "forced opportunity to connect with them".

Opportunity. No ones saying you have to like the news mon, if you dont like them then you dont like them. Hate them as much as you want, you never have to like them. But what I am saying is that, at the very least, we should give them a chance. Which is why this a good opportunity to try and connect with these new mons that are being made for us. Time and time again, fans only tend to care about using the mon that they can transfer from previous games before considering to use the new mon of the new gen. While thats not neccessarily a bad thig, it kind of makes adding new pokemon pointless if most people wont even take the chance of trying to like them. So this game cutting half the roster is a perfect opportunity to try that.

Not to mention more challenging, but thats beside the point.

Doesn't mean you going acted like a d***head

Sorry, but this comment trigger me a bit

A bit hypocritical, don't you think...

Except they did that better in every way in G5. In B/W, they completely cut the roster for the main game, but they still had a National Dex and all Pokémon available for transfer by the time you were finished.

Drite77: Dynamax is a temporaly boost that only makes your mon bigger
Not only bigger, but gives more abilities. And Kaiju style pokemon battles? Sign me up for that.

Using a damn stone to only temporarily make 1 mon temporarily evolve? Not so much.

@Kukui, if they wanted you to conect with those new mons, input a limitation, but dom't just remove the feature. People can still conect with those new mons, hell, that bird is being really loved right now, with good reason

Not only bigger, but gives more abilities. And Kaiju style pokemon battles? Sign me up for that.

Using a damn stone to only temporarily make 1 mon temporarily evolve? Not so much.

It also makes some rocks that look like poo float around their head, so that's clearly a improvement design wise

"Forced" and "Opportunity" shouldn't be in the same sentence. By forcing the new Pokémon in our face you're giving us even less reasons to try and care about them, when we feel that they're replacing our old ones. It's one of the reasons why Gen 5 was so controversial, since we only had Unova mons for a while in-game.

@Velox Sorry but I don't feel like being nice and understanding to the billion dollars worth company who decided to be lazy and cut off most of the game.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
All the good that would come from that decision is only good for Game Freak, not for us. We don't gain anything from being forced to like new mons, nor from a rushed game, nor for a smaller budget being used for the game. We just eat shit.
Playing devils advocate, ppl like myself don't particularly lose anything.

I have never had a massive attachment to the Pokemon generation system. I've always been more interested in the next generation of Pokemon rather than the need to completely beat the game by collecting every Pokemon that has ever existed. Frankly the whole "gotta catch em all" thing always felt like an unnecessary goal, I can beat the game with as few as 20 Pokemon and while I like admiring all of them it doesn't translate to the need to catch all of them- too much effort for too little reward. But I'm a bit of a completionist so seeing the National Dex at all is frustrating for me almost feels better to get rid of it entirely.

Keep in mind this all comes from someone whose never particularly considered the competitive side overly important or impressive.

@Kukui I don't see the appeal on that, Kaiju style battles don't matter, since the thing that is different is the size, only that.

So using a gimmick to make 1 mon temporarily bigger (for an even shorter time) is so much better

The truly tragic thing is, as Cal said, all the new stuff looked so good. We would have gladly accepted the new mons and the new stuff if it was introduced normally. It didn't need "forced opportunity". But now there we are.

NeoZex6399 said:
Most poketubers only care about Pokémon as a source of income, of course they will defend the anti-consumer practices of TPCI, they are not interested that the popularity of Pokémon falls
Implying that HoodlumScrafty, DuncanKneeDeep, Shofu and 100 other Youtuber like them only play and only get money for playing Pokemon and only like Pokemon because it makes them money even though most of them have been playing Pokemon since before YouTube was even a thing. WHICH IS A BIG FAT LIE!!!

It could also be just that they're in denial or too attached to the series to truly accept that they ****** up big times this time.

The real cal howard said:
Except they did that better in every way in G5. In B/W, they completely cut the roster for the main game, but they still had a National Dex and all Pokémon available for transfer by the time you were finished.
Thats only for the 1st B/W games im pretty sure, not B2W2. And even then, that was before we had new gimmicks and mechanics being added in to the franchise (before megas, z-moves and dynamax). And for Gen 5, they weren't making it on a completely new system like the Switch.

Plus, Gen 5 was....not exactly rainbows and unicorns for all pokemon fans (like yours truly), so going to extreme lengths to limit the roster for Gen 5 was a smart move. Otherwise, hardly anyone would have cared for Gen 5 mons.

Implying that shoving the Gen 5 Pokémon down everyone's throat didn't enhance the problem instead of fixing it as you claim.

Let's be honest here. We can dress this up however we want, but if Skylanders of all things handled this sort of event better than Pokémon there's a clear issue with management.

@Henry

wowowowoh, I haven't said all the poketubers, neither have I stated that they only get money from pokémon.

@Yobo I am not saying that the games aren't good and that they don't have good points, they problaby have the best story in the Pokemon games, but, making Unova only mons on the firsts games of the gen was not received well in the community

Back