• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

"In the Wild Area, there is a chance that you'll run into powerful wild Pokémon! These Pokémon are constantly on their guard—in fact, you won't even be able to throw a Poké Ball at them when first starting your adventure."

hehe

I feel really bad for all those who have been collecting shiny pokémon through several generations, they must be bleeding from all their orifices.

NeoZex6399 said:
"In the Wild Area, there is a chance that you'll run into powerful wild Pokémon! These Pokémon are constantly on their guard—in fact, you won't even be able to throw a Poké Ball at them when first starting your adventure."
hehe
The Nuzlocker's will be happy about thaaaaaaat sarcasm!

I think they will put in all Gen 1 Pokemon, all Gen 2 Pokemon, all Regional Variants, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Happiny, Tangrowth, Mime Jr., Electivire, Magmortar, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, PorygonZ, Muchlax, Togekiss, Azurill, Bonsly, Ambipom, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Wynaut, Gliscor, Weavile, Mamoswine and Mantyke.

Can you figure out the theme to all of the named Pokemon?

I can tolerate lack of transferability, but even taking into account all the issues Pokémon Home sounds very crappy and poorly designed.

Still, why did Game Freak have to do this? The whole point of Pokemon is to "catch em all" which is ironic considering that they are removing lots of Pokemon in the game. In my opinion, I dont like the new thing where they remove Pokemon just for better animations because what if its your favorite that gets removed?

I am not showing spite to the creators. It is my opinion and thus must be respected. Does anyone else feel that way?

"I am not showing spite to the creators. It is my opinion and thus must be respected."

Being an opinion doesnt make it right, tho. You can be wrong and people telling you that you are wrong isnt disrespectful.

Just saiyan.

Once again people underestimate Game Design, both from a development and business perspective because they can't get what they want, and sure they could delay the games, but I very much doubt that will be very good for not just Game Freak but the whole Pokemon franchise, with its anime, movies, spin-offs, TCG, and merchandise, which need new blood from the new Pokemon to keep going strong. And don't get me started on the whole future proofing, just because you found some high poly models does not make them HD ready or easy to port over to a likely new engine, its like with the walking models just because they have them made doesn't mean adding following Pokemon would be a easy task. Also Gotta Catch them all is a purely English Anime thing that was dropped after Gen I and brought back in VI for the remix op, then dropped again.

PaChi2 said:
"I am not showing spite to the creators. It is my opinion and thus must be respected."
Being an opinion doesnt make it right, tho. You can be wrong and people telling you that you are wrong isnt disrespectful.

Just saiyan.
No you are not you fraud! >(

The anime is nowhere close to being done IIRC so delay won't hurt the franchise as bad as you say. Also, again, they went to much greater lengths before when it comes to keeping in old Pokémon, with the addition of ALL the models for ALL the Pokémon (Which are actually different from the ones used previously in Stadium, Coliseum and Revolution). It would take infinitely less effort to update those models than to create them from scratch. And let's be real for a second, the Switch models aren't that better looking than the 3DS ones.

Let's not argue about National Dex here

That said, why would you make a system just for transfers and then remove transfers.....

I argue about what I want, boy.

The transfers are still there, just for specific Pokémon. People might still want to transfer their well-trained/shiny/favorite individuals to the newer games, even if they could still theoretically get them in Galar.

So they're just dropping everything.

I guess it's not uncommon for Pokémon to drop things randomly for no reasons, but due to them being in since Gen 6, I though Mega Evolutions wouldn't be dropped like that but I guess I was wrong. They were even in Let's Go Pikachu for god's sake.

This. Absolutely this.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Let's Go only had the Gen I models in HD. But still, the 3DS games had a model for everything already.
and the Regional Variants but those are just modified from their Gen I counterparts.

From a competitive standpoint, no megas and z-moves are a god-send. And to be honest, I've barely used megas and z-moves ingame, so I happy there removing those two things.

Back