• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk. VII

i wanna know what he means by potency

he already says it makes it harder to resist, but then says it also gets more potent

Id be more open to him natrually bypassing average death resistance but its incredibly difficult to judge the potency of death hax to my knowledge, there's no metric or scale to really judge the potency of resistances to such a thing either.

A woman's wail echoed through the air. This cry carried with it an instantdeath effect.
Ainz had used various skills to augment this spell, so its potency was greater than normal and harder to resist.

Reveal to me Ainz

what do you mean?!

Say, maybe the opponent can have an item that makes it so that they have a 90% chance of surviving. The greater potency could lower that to 40% or smth.

InfiniteSped said:
Say, maybe the opponent can have an item that makes it so that they have a 90% chance of surviving. The greater potency could lower that to 40% or smth.
so then what about the harder to resist part?

But wouldn't that be the same as increased potency? whats the point of listing the effects individually if both just lower the percentages of resisting?

Probably explaining what the greater potency does. "So its potency was greater than normal, making it harder to resist".

i disagree with that

if that was the case, it would have been worded how you put it

but it says its potency was greater than normal and harder to resist

But potency and resistances are separate terms within the sentence so its not the same effect, potency and resistance are two separate aspects of ainz buffs.

if it wasn't for the "and" between them, i might agree the resistance part was the explanation of the potency

In the end Im iffy on ainz bypassing normal death resistance on his own, I think with the staff its far more definitive as the staff is meant to be a large boost to his racial levels and spells iirc.

Momonga magnanimously accepted their apologies with a nod. Then, he turned and said, "Cocytus, you've come."
"I. Came. Immediately. Upon. Receiving. Your. Summons. Momonga-sama."
The water in the air froze with a crackling sound as it made contact with the white vapor puffing out of Cocytus' mouth as he spoke. This cold was every bit as frigid as the Primal Fire Elemental was hot. Anyone standing near him would suffer the effects of the lowered temperature, and they might even sustain frostbite. However, Momonga did not feel anything. The fact was that everyone here was resistant to fire, cold and acid attacks, or had some way to deal with them.

Found some more resistances to the Guardians who might not have this on their profile

I think even Ainz doesn't have resistance to fire on the profile, so that's something

so giving resistance to ice, acid, and fire for those of the guardians and Ainz who don't have it sound good?

Should work.

Also, Death Knight's weakness to fire should be removed:

This was because most undead were immune to cold, but weak to fire. Because of that, no matter how cold the temperature got, the undead would not be affected, and since they ignored all metabolism-related status effects, they could function perfectly well in high-temperature areas, although they would take extra damage from fire-elemental attacks.

By the way, Death Knights were completely immune to cold, yet not weak to fire.

InfiniteSped said:
Should work.
Also, Death Knight's weakness to fire should be removed:

This was because most undead were immune to cold, but weak to fire. Because of that, no matter how cold the temperature got, the undead would not be affected, and since they ignored all metabolism-related status effects, they could function perfectly well in high-temperature areas, although they would take extra damage from fire-elemental attacks.

By the way, Death Knights were completely immune to cold, yet not weak to fire.

the fact all these small additions and resistances keep being found every so often, makes me hope someone stumbles into a actually useful calcable feat when rereading Overlord

i know that is nigh-impossible, but just let me believe

In that moment― Countless Bullet Bugs flew over from the side. There was no doubt that it was Entoma. He did not even need to use his High Tier Physical Immunity to stop it. That was because non-magical ranged attacks could not harm Ainz.

Another thing to add for Bone Daddy?

Guess it goes with the ranged attack defences. Kinda weird tho, would he no-sell it if Gargantua threw a giant boulder on him? >_>

might be like the Fate Mystery thing

where we get this "Nothing magical can hurt me" thing

but its limits will never be expanded on

leading to people just ignoring it on vs threads and saying it only stops at what it has show

Yeah, guardians have it in the webnovel. Pretty sure someone asked author about how it screws over ranged classes.

Edit: IIRC Cocytus got stoned or something by Lizard bros but it didn't hit

yea

The first strike was the rock aimed at Cocytus' throat. However, that attack was meaningless because—
"—The equipment on all Guardians could defend against projectiles."
—An invisible barrier seemed to deflect the rock.

question, where does Cocytus's forcefield creation come from

cause i'm pretty sure it's not that from that scene, since that's just the projectile being resisted

"[Acid Javelin]."
"[Lightning]."
Khazit launched a green, spear-like object that streaked towards Narberal's body. The javelin, which should have dealt her acid damage, stopped several centimeters away from Narberal's body and vanished without a trace.

Guess who found another resistance boys

Forefield comes from that I think. Narberal one seems like a projectile counter type too but it's fine either way.

Back