• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk. VII

Also @InfiniteSped, what do you think about the scaling chain I proposed for the Pleiades?

Should anyone be switched around, maybe a greater than or equal sign should just be greater than?

Yuri seems to have better attack than Lupus, prob because the latter has some cleric levels, with healing skills.

The rest seems fine

yea, due to the level difference, i was unsure if the extra stat gains from Lupus could make up the difference in Yuri's focused attack build

quick question, where does Narberal's hundreds of kilometers range come from?

afaik, she has regular Teleportation, not Greater Teleportation, which i don't think has as much range

6, when Ainz is talking about how they couldn't use TP to get there since they weren't supposed to have it, and when Gagaran was teasing Evileye about going with them to E-Rantel then coming back with teleportation.

ah, found it

thanks for helping. I'm so used to Greater Teleportation and Gate being used I forgot the range feats for regular Teleportation

too bad the range of attack spells isn't nearly as much in order to take advantage of it

also apparently Ainz can use Dimensional Lock which i forgot about, so i'll just add the Teleportation Negation, since the spell is already on the profile

do we classify them as magic?

like if someone had power null that worked specifically on magic, would skills still be able to be used?

i ask because when referring to skills, Ainz and the narration usually mention them separately, like "magic and skills"

They're magic that doesn't require mana and instead have limits on how many you can use in small timeframe. They have been repeatdly treated as seperate from magic...then again its overlord so who knows,

so if they are seperate from magic, would they be nulled if someone used power null specifically meant for magic?

I really don't know the answer overlord has gone out of it's way to seperate the two but are they sperate enough to not get nulled? Sorta a weird area...

Ainz wrinkled his brow ― despite having no brow ― as he saw this and reached a hand out. "...No, no, you should have prioritized healing." Yuri could have healed herself with her ki.

Yuri should get healing with her ki

I would say they're in between spells and martial arts. They usually cost no mana to use, and some of them have effects not replicable by spells. However, some of them, like Shalltear's purifying lance, can optionally consume MP for an extra effect. I think that we should treat them as separate for now.

also, Resistance to Physical Impediment is a basic undead race trait, so Evileye should probably get it too

Humans have less unique abilities, but less weaknesses as well. Racial classes are strong, but function as a double-edged sword.

Fair ainz ability to nullify one of his weaknesses probably couldn't be accomplished easily it just seems like you automatically get a ton of immunities/resistances off the bat.

The pen or the sword said:
Wait it is? Yuri as it as well...dang why did anyone choose human races in Yggdrasil?
The guild of Ainz Ooal Gown was created by powergamers and experts on the game's mechanics. It's likely that you could end up with tons of weaknesses if you didn't know what you were doing when playing as a heteromorph. Playing as a human or a demihuman is easier and safer.

hmmm

i may be reading it wrong, actually

Physical Penalty Resistance

i just kinda assumed it meant any penalties to physical movement, but that may not be it

Also, there was no penalty for killing heteromorph players, and doing so may actually be part of the requirements for some rare classes.

Back