• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk. VII

if that's what forcefield for Cocytus comes from, it might need to be removed

it's just the act of resisting projectiles makes it so it never touches you, he doesn't have a forcefield

What do you mean with Narberal?

it's acid magic in a vaguely spear-like form, not a projectile like a rock

I think it would be best to just pile it up and apply them together. It's still a projectile, something hurled at her but yeah the magic part makes it different I guess.

InfiniteSped said:
Nabe had put up some shields before that.
Checking now yeah you're right.

So then what about Cocytus?

i still don't agree with his resistance to projectiles stopping a rock being referred to as a forcefield, as i've said above

Cocytus: SMITE FROSTBURN!
A winter wind colliding with something and the crackling sound of objects freezing are heard followed by a shatter sound.

Cocytus has Smite Frost Burn on his profile, but it doesn't have any description, so i tried to find it.

Seems like it covers a target in ice and then shatters it, probably has a decent range too, since it's a wind blowing out, and it had to cover a good amount of the tentacle i would think

Is this just regular ice manip?

or is the whole "freezing an enemy and then they shatter" a form of dura neg?

To my understanding it's not full dura neg but it's indictive of internal freezing as external freezing usually doesn't result in shattering which is far better then external freezing...

Cocytus: I've already activated my skills. Wind! MACABRE SMITE FROSTBURN!
[Old translation said "Asomatous Cut" but he only says Fuuzan"Wind". I'm thinking it's a like Meta-magic (Widen, Twin, Maximized) so it's a warrior skill modi´¼üer. My guess, it widens the effective range of weapon based skills or increasing the hit-box by making the displaced air an attack as well. The JWiki didn't know either...]
The sound of the two tentacles can be heard soon followed by a low-pitch shattering.

Part in brackets is the translator guessing at what the Wind thing is about, but considering before was only one tentacle, and now it's 2, I think the idea it's range modifier makes sense

So does this give Cocytus anything new?

Or is it just another, obviously much better, form of ice manip?

oh yeah, and Frost Aura both deals constant cold damage and lowers the speed of people, which would be Statistics Reduction afaik

The ability of the class 'Knight of Niflheim'— 'Frost Aura'. This special ability used extreme cold to deal damage and slightly lowered the speed of adversaries. At full power, it would even affect the lizardmen watching from the sidelines. Cocytus didn't wish for that.

how should Smite Frostburn be explained?

"An icy wind that freezes its targets, causing them to shatter"

that good?

80-85, which is close to Evil Lord Wrath. So it even works on a 7-B, granted one who's a bit weaker, but still

alright, i'll add the description to it, and Statistics Reduction too, since like i said above, Frost Aura reduces speed

Shalltear: As for me, if you were not there, I would have de´¼éected it with Negative Shock Shield, arinsu.
Cocytus: I. Apologize. For. That. Hmm, Its. Movement. Seems. To. Have. Stopped. From. The. Effect. Of. Aura's. Shadow-piercing. Arrow. Then. I. Will. Blast. Away. At. Least. Its. Lower. Half. SKILL ACTIVATE: <Achalanata>!
Shalltear: Eh?

The sound of Yggdrasil Skill activating is heard.
Demiurge: Mm? Albedo! There's trouble! Cocytus is readying for a Wisdom King Strike! That's!Immovable Wisdom King Strike!!
Albedo: Mare! Send me ´¼éying there! Quickly!
Mare: Y-Yes! Woodland Stride!
Cocytus: DESTROY THE THREE POISONS! KURIKARA FIST!

Found this. From what I can gather, it seems like Cocytus was going to use some combination of skills to blow away the entire lower half of the Evil Tree, which is 100 meters tall. Pretty sure they are also a decent distance away from the tree itself

i'm sure the translation is a bit weird, so i am hesitant to assume Achalanata and Wisdom King Strike are the same thing

Hmmm, with that we can probably add, hundred meters likly higher with multiple skills. That way we don't have to assume exactly what combination of skills are used.

The pen or the sword said:
Hmmm, with that we can probably add, hundred meters likly higher with multiple skills. That way we don't have to assume exactly what combination of skills are used.
The tentacles do extend 300 meters, so i would assume they are somewhere in that range, but obviously not right next to it

InfiniteSped said:
The implication was that he'd kill the thing in one hit, from what I remember.
so even more impressive then?

although he says he was gonna blow away the lower half, so maybe that would just be enough damage to kill it

so what do we say should be Smite Frostburn's range?

he has to be able to destroy a good portion of the tentacle with it, and they are about 300 meters long

i'd say about 50 meters is a good number. If you think it's more, feel free to say so

Range: Extended Melee Range with weapons, Tens of meters with Frost Aura, Dozens of meters with magic. 50 meters, possibly higher with Smite Frosburn. 100 meters, likely higher with multiple skills

This sound good?

I have no idea if that's how it should be ordered on the profile, i haven't edited anything with range yet

before, Cocytus was the most barebones Guardian profile, i feel

now he's actually got good stuff, once i finally found and looked through the Drama CD script to see if i could find stuff

he's a little more than just "hits hard" now

also i like how the only actually new thing getting added is Statistics Reduction, everything else is just actually explaining his abilities

i think that's it, so i'll start editing the profile now, unless people have objections or additions

pls no, we don't need Maruyama fleshing out characters not even in the story when he hasn't done shit with 90% of Nazarick

Cocytus's power is no joke honestly. He sprayed a good amount of blood from Albedo and crushed her hand even when she activated 2 defense spells/skills

Back