• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

Yeah, I think Cocytus is just Cocytus, no alternate forms.

But the most of the main NPCs who basically just look human have an alternate form.

Not sure if the alternate form is a Heteromorph exclusive thing

PaChi2
Plot twist the dev is Seto Kaiba.

I bet nobody here heard of him.

I mean ... Sebas is white haired.

How uncultured do you think Overlord fans are?

What kind of end to Overlord are you guys hoping for?

Do you want to see Ainz win? Do you want him to fail? To either of those how do you want to see it happen?

I just want Ainz to be happy. Though specifically, I want him to be more comfortable around the NPCs. Afterall, he misses his friends and the moments they shared, so I'm hoping he realizes he can have the same with the NPCs.

let bone daddy be happy

One thing I definitely don't want is another Supreme Being coming and being against Ainz

Although I know it probably won't happen, I'm hoping Ainzs is killed. I'd love it for someone like Touch Me to come back, disgusted with what Nazarick has become, and stand against them. That or the New World somehow manages to beat him.

Apeironaxim said:
Do you not like Ainz?
He's evil. All of Nazarick is.

I enjoy following the villains as a story structure, the way Infinity War followed Thanos, but I do want there to be justice dealt to them eventually. I know this is probably going to end up being a "the villain wins" story, but I can hope for justice to be done for all the terrible wrongs they have committed.

Yeah, I understand that. It would be reaching from a story perspective.

I would bank on Albedo turning against him if he is going to lose, personally. Before you go "you're insane" let me explain. She expressed major issue with Ainz changing his name from Momonga during Season 2. If Ainz keeps snubbing her over and over, this may push her into more unstable territory. Since she is hard-wired to "love Momonga" she may end up rationalizing that "Ainz" isn't Momonga and seek to end the man who took Momonga from her. A huge stretch? Probably.

I want Ainz to win. I want Ainz to create the world he seeks. I want Ainz to trust the NPCs. I want Ainz to mature. Also I want the NPCs to grow more independent.

ALL HAIL AINZ OOAL GOWN! BANZAI!

PaChi2 said:
I want Ainz to win. I want Ainz to create the world he seeks. I want Ainz to trust the NPCs. I want Ainz to mature. Also I want the NPCs to grow more independent.
ALL HAIL AINZ OOAL GOWN! BANZAI!
Sasuga

Frog!Demiurge has always looked funny to me. Like... What was his designer thinking lol

I don't know. Ainz is definitely a villain, but he's imo more of a anti-villain then Thanos. And while Ainz can be pretty evil, there's a lot of moral grey area. But from a story and enjoyment perspective, Ainz winning makes the most sense, though it definitely shouldn't go or end the way Ainz wants or thinks it will.

I mean, if it's just a form from the many classes, I doubt Ulbert could do much about it. Or maybe even enjoyed it.

As for an end, or a progression, I would love for something to actually happen to Nazarick. I don't need Ainz dead, but a retaliation for all that he has done would be nice. Specially because I know there's a part of him that barely retains his humanity and seeing that alongside his usual Overlord-ness reacting to such an occurrence. It could make for something really memorable.

Not to mention I will never stop arching a very high eyebrow at all the people that try to somehow justify Ainz' actions. I had a few hours to myself just making gestures and trying to think what to say about the treatment he gave to the Workers that invaded the tomb being "justified".

The lizardman tribes who were just existing? The innocent city folk who Demiurge took? Children who throw rocks because their fathers were sacrificed to a Eldritch Horror?

Yeah Ainz is totally not evil...

People need to stop defending Ainz. He's a villain, plain and simple.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Nah nah, not here. Just a personal grievance I have with other people in the wider fandom.
This. Also can we appreciate how similar the Nazarick gang have to the Nazis?

A lot of parallels exist between Nazarick and the Third Reich. Ainz is just more cold about his prespective genocide than Hitler was. Both commit terrible atrocities in the name of experimentation or discovery. Both bent on world domination. Both give no cares for anyone if it doesn't benefit them first and foremost. Both have attempted/considered genocide, and clearly have no problem with it.

Perhaps to the nazis, but not so much to fascism as far as I can see. Granted my grasp of it is elementary at best and maybe you could find something with some peruse.

Also, I just realized a big thing that bothers me not only for Overlord (even if it's a main offender), but similar series. Apparently pointing out the main character is evil, has done rather ****** up things or does deserve some karmic retaliation for them makes you... a hater, or you don't like the series, or it's a personal offense, or there's attempts to defend such.

Like, isn't that why you wanted see? Because he's a villain and thats an interesting narrative? Then what villain is a villain if you cuddle him behind all these walls? And why hoping some karma does it's work would simply imply you dislike the character? It was always mind boggling.

I personally just love his character, and one of my main points when saying why I like Overlord is, "The main character is the villain", and it's really refreshing and fun to see.

although I do love the Ainz is justice memes

Eh. I'm not one for morality talks in shows. You'll never get someone to agree with you. But I will say it is harder to think of someone you know as evil.

Also, I personally got into Overlord through the wiki, and I didn't know that Ainz was evil. Not everyone gets into Overlord for that.

Came for the concept and video game/DND style, stayed for the world building. IMO, both the Isekai and "Protagonists doing evil shit" has been an overused trope since before the 90s (well, maybe not for Isekai, but you get my point), and isn't really anything special nowadays.

Not a whole lot is special at all, at least in my eyes. The only special thing is execution.

I am pretty sure any series that I find and like for doing something "new" is just doing stuff other series did and actually doing it well instead.

But I still wanna see an actual face to face discussion between PDL and Ainz, or any other NPC if at all possible.

The thing with Overlord is that they are just adding so many plot elements that it will be hard to resolve them all. Zesshi gets introduced and is never seen again. PDL gets introduced and is never seen again. The Scripture Captain is... you get the point.

So much is going to be either left unresolved or will take literally years to finally write into the story.

So are the Ple Ple Pleiades episodes canon? If so Ainz has a pretty good lifting strength feat from that.

Assaltwaffle said:
So are the Ple Ple Pleiades episodes canon? If so Ainz has a pretty good lifting strength feat from that.
I dont think or hope so.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Gargantua is less an NPC and more a Monster pet gifted to Nazarick by the developers. Hence in pure statistics it's above what an NPC or player could achieve.
It's just hard to know because no mentions of skills and other stuff.
Actually, Maruyama confirmed in a Tweet that the gift from the developers from the Ouroboros incident was not Gargantua.

https://twitter.com/maruyama_kugane/status/1003940006048628736

In the WN, Gargantua was a part of the guild base system.

Chapter 6 (WN):

Gargantua was a golem created by one of Yggdrasil's rules. It was not created from scratch by Ainz Ooal Gown.

ÒÇÇIt could be used during sieges. However it could never be used to protect the base. It was just that its text tag was configured to say that it was the Guardian of the 4th Floor. There was a problem with storage and so it was just kept submerged at the bottom of the underground lake of the 4th floor.

Maybe this should get fixed from his profile?

No? Gargantua had nothing to do with the Ouroboros incident. Gargantua was gifted to the guild when they managed to conquer the dungeon that would become Nazarick back when it had only 6 levels, in their first try.

Back