• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

But doesn't he resisting the EE Wild Magic prove he's resisting the effect? He mentions it has the same power as Longinus, but it's not Longinus itself, and his WCI protects him anyway.

Entoma was only around level 50, so her attacks did not bother Ainz at all. In addition, if all damage from an attack was nullified, none of the rider effects would take place either.

WCI could maybe function similar to this, where resisting the base influence of the item means the effect never takes place

But in the Wild Magic case, it wasn't an item at all. It was just the New World native magic, which shouldn't have anything to do with Yggdrasil.

No they walked straight through but they went in angry and unprepared thus they got repeatedly pkd before abandoning it. This happened in part due to not every member having a wcl meaning only a small group could go in at once,

Apeironaxim said:
Weren't they not able to get past the seal on their mine in YGGDRASIL, even though they had WCI?
They could get in there, but they only had 11 (10, since they can't take the throne out) WCIs. Only one player can use each, and 10 people wouldn't be enough to take the mine back.

The pen or the sword said:
Using it, not an expert so calling on you guys.
Yeah sorry, but people still disagree about whether Ainz would use Timestop, so I just avoid Ainz threads since no one ever seems to agree

It's been a thing since he was first added, and I'm guessing they won't accept anything less than Ainz or Maruyama directly saying he will use it

He tried to use it against the Brightness Dragon Lord, but it didn't work. And he didn't bother to use it against the other one.

It's hard to say how he'd react under the battle assumptions used here, really.

For the actual ctr, I think it's better to wait for the finished translation, so the quotes don't include things like "yurin***ers" and stuff . . .

I mean, imo, some evidence in favor of him using it is the fact he's practiced it so many times so he could be one of the small amount of players that can delay a spell at just the right time so that it lands the instant the Time Stop is done

If you practice something that much, why not try and use when you can?

But obviously then they'll say, "But he's only used it against fodders that he knows can't resist it", despite his remark during the Gazef fight "I see, so time stop counter-measures are important afterall" meaning he clearly didn't know

But eh, it's been debated through hell and back, and yet no one agrees with it

InfiniteSped said:
He tried to use it against the Brightness Dragon Lord, but it didn't work. And he didn't bother to use it against the other one.
It's hard to say how he'd react under the battle assumptions used here, really.
If he tried it and it didn't work on one dragon, and then fought others comparable in strength to it, he probably assumed they would resist it too

Now if he didn't use on some dragons before, and the used it on the BDL, then it doesn't make sense and doesn't help

Since dragons were the strongest enemy/race in YGGDRASIL, if the first scenario happened, it would be a fair assumption for Ainz to make

....There aren't exactly a lot of dragons to test it on he was trying to protect evileye from an enemy he knows is powerful and thus used it. This shows he doesn't just use it on fodder.

InfiniteSped said he didn't bother to use on the other one

So if Time Stop didn't work on one, and the other was comparable in strength, why would he try it again is what I'm saying

Just trying to get context, as others will use the fact he didn't use on the other one as evidence in favor he doesn't use it

The pen or the sword said:
Now someone is trying to argue slime boy resist by nature of his magic resistance....

Someone gonna start the crt....
Doesn't the Staff bypass resistances?

So would that even matter?

If we decide that having a WCI means you resist the effects of other WCIs, then Ainz would get resistance to EE, BFR, and Sealing off the top of my head

The other dragon fought with an armor made of hundreds of thousands of corpses. Ainz knew that the first dragon resisted, and assumed the other would resist as well, but kept wondering if time stopping would affect the corpse armor and keep the dragon trapped inside.

In the end, he decided to not do it. He had a plan to wipe out the armor anyway.

Back