• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

Touch Me role played as well, and he was one of the best players in the game.

Really, with the huge variety of spells, items, class/racial abilities, p2w items, etc, it'd prob be hard for a solid meta to appear. There were surely some builds that very were broken, but the counterplay options an enemy could use are extremely varied.

Also, the game is open world and PKing strategies seem very important. Being invincible at an 1v1 wouldn't matter much if you get ambushed by 10 people at once.

Assaltwaffle said:
That and the game-changing ones are just "why".
You could use Five Elements Overcoming to make Super tier magic have zero cool down and zero cast time.

You could use Ouroboros to make a high tier location inaccessible to anyone not in your guild. If you want the drops from it, you have to go through that clan. They could charge obscene amounts of money for those top tier rare items since literally no one else could farm them.
I'm actually not entirely sure you could, as here:

There was ÒÇîFive-Element ProgressionÒÇì, which could request the YGGDRASIL developers to change part of the magic system.

There was also ÒÇîOuroborosÒÇì, which could request a more far-reaching change to the system than ÒÇîFive-Element ProgressionÒÇì.

It says request, so if the devs say "Absolutely not", then it's not happening. Granted, that doesn't really take away from the absurdity of it.

Though I gotta wonder how it would function in New World, considering how much more powerful Wish Upon A Star is now.

I wonder what a dev summon would even do in the real world. Call upon that world's god if it has one (presumably it does since it has angels, demons, hell, etc.)? Just not work?

I really don't think the developers of Yggdrassil cared much about balance as it's obvious from Ainz's memories. What is obvious is that besides having a ton of spells, even more than most, Ainz was praised for his ability to remember and deftly adjust with his use of them even in the middle of battle, and that any caster worth his money would need the memory and decision skills to know what to use and to remember you even have it.

Anyways, I think the main attraction for Yggdrassil was just the unbound freedom of it all. As a character from Black Lagoon said, you give a little bit of your freedom when you live somewhere with defined rules, as those rules bring comfort, safety and stability. Yggdrassil is Roanapaur, the juicy fruit of chaos that promises endless options and the intrigue of adventure in a world that doesn't show it's secrets unless you fight, barter, lie, spy, steal or cooperate for it. It just also means you pay in kind for the possibility of this chaos in the way of things like Demi Human bullying and PKing and where unfairness like your carefully groomed character could be deleted by a newbie carelessly finding Longinus.

And I think that's what made it successful for so long in the bleak real world where Suzuki comes from.

Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown [Guild Weapon]: This custom weapon spews out a vortex of dark red aura when held. Sometimes it forms the face of a human in agony that crumbles away. It is so vivid that it feels as though you can hear their voices of pain. The staff has seven snakes engraved on it, each clutching a gem that is a Divine class artifact. Each gem has a unique ability and the power to summon monsters level 85 and above once a day. It is also said to greatly raise the user's racial abilities, and allow them to bypass immunities.

Just noticed this while on Ainz's profile. Where is it stated the staff lets him bypass immunities?

"The aura that Momonga emitted was the source of the power that had crushed the Guardians to the ground .
[Despair Aura].

Besides inflicting a fear effect, it could reduce the stats of its victims. Normally, it would not have an effect on the level 100 NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown."

Apeironaxim said:
Which character are you guys hoping for more feats/and or info on their abilities?
Albedo. For such a mainstay character she has very little known about her abilities.

Less a theory and I think an actual confirmation, even if I don't remember where (maybe am going nuts).

But some comments of Shalltear plus the fact most of the Guardians seem to have alternate/true forms points towards it.

Considering it's supposed to be weaker in attack damage than "Specialized Divine Weapons", so essentially what I assume are the Supreme Being's weapons, we would probably be able to scale it to other things

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
A part of me keeps on hoping for some kind of Artificier-esque character.
Also, divided between knowing more of Sebas or Albedo.
Yeah, apparently Sebas's dragon form is incredibly strong, because the devs really liked dragons i mean who doesn't

Apeironaxim said:
Which character are you guys hoping for more feats/and or info on their abilities?
This may sound strange, but Gargantua. Seems to have a cool design but all we know is that he could pretty solidly beat Shalltear.

Other then that, Pandora's Actor.

Gargantua is less an NPC and more a Monster pet gifted to Nazarick by the developers. Hence in pure statistics it's above what an NPC or player could achieve.

It's just hard to know because no mentions of skills and other stuff.

Gargantua is often left out of floor guardian comparisons since it isn't sapient and wasn't created by the guild, but it has been stated that it's the strongest floor guardian by far.

Doesn't Victim just debuff/buff the shit out of invaders/Nazarick's defenses on death? Or are you wondering about what they specifically are?

Yeah, apparently Sebas's dragon form is incredibly strong, because the devs really liked dragons i mean who doesn't

Plot twist the dev is Seto Kaiba.

I bet nobody here heard of him.

Back