• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

The Elder Coffin Dragon Lord could get a profile too. He could absorb millions of souls, tank Ainz's attacks for a while, had that broken super move, resisted The Goal of All Life is Death, etc.

Not really he used a spell that could encompass a group of seventy thousands soldiers, my guess is the spell has an upper limit on how much it can actually peirce. Plus it seems more likely than the dragon lord straight up resisting ainz resistance peircing ability, saying that perhaps the dragon lord used wild magic to self ressurect in the twelve second cool down. Its hard to say,

Know what Im sure of it, the dragon lord still had zombies even after that attack though far fewer, unless you want to claim some mook zombies resisted the effect.

My personal consensus is that Ainz really shouldn't get anymore resistances until we know more. WCIs only work on WCIs and that's what we know in a concrete way. In the first place, we don't know how Tiered Magic was introduced and why it's introduction would corrupt Wild Magic. I would wait so we actually know more.

Wild Magic seems to be able to bypass Tiered Magic resistances, so, if anything, it's more effective against Yggdrasil stuff than normal. I don't see why we should assume there's any other reason right now.

If some other explanation appears later, we can edit it out, but right now it seems that it just works like that.

Yeah we clearly saw a world class item offer resistances to non world class items effects showing they dont simply cancel the effect of other world class items but actually offer resistances to there abilities. The side story gives us this concrete consesus as it throws our original assumptions about the nature of world class items on its head. We cant pretend that they only offer resistances to world class items when that was literally shown not to be the case.

My whole point is that WCI only work on WCI, and saying Wild Magic is totally unrelated is gonna be a shot in the dark because it was obviously broken by the creation of tiered magic for SOME reason.

You end up with the problem that, as an example, any mind hax from tiered magic works unless you resist normally, but if you used mindhax from Wild Magic the WCI will register it as a WCI effect for some odd reason and defend from it? What about soul stuff like from Demiurge's Hellflame? You only have your normal resistance, if any, but the moment it's by Wild Magic its the way, way stronger WCI resistance? There's no way to equalize this well at all unless we know more or start making assumptions.

Um what we have literally just seen that is not the case, they offer base resistances and now that im thinking of it they always have, the throne blocks all forms of remote viewing regardless of what teir. No a world class item would protect you from just about any mindhax, think about it we have no reason to believe that wouldn't be the case as if someone has a world class item they are most likely a level one hundred with a bunch of equipment that already adds resistances. I see no reason holding a world class item wouldnt null regular teired mind hax, we have seen nothing to the contrary.

Im just saying it seems like world class items have always offered resistances regardless of teir. It probably didn't matter in yggdrasil as the only resistances high level players would care about from a world class item would be against other world class items.

somone open the next thread and get that crt up

Back