• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

Continuing the Entoma conversation "Evileye is pretty strong. If it all came down to level, Yuri and Shizu probably couldn't beat her." Volume 6

Yuri and Entoma are the same level, 51, so Evileye is a higher level than both, even if only by a little bit

This means Entoma would resist by her resistances brought by either race or gear, not a level advantage

I don't know where it's mentioned, but if Entoma has Resistance to Physical Obstruction, I would assume Gravity manip is covered in that, so that's some more support for it

Do you know where the Resistance to Physical Obstruction comes from?

During the fight with Blue Rose, she phases through one of Tia's nets, and they think to themselves that she must have a resistance to being obstructed, similar to Ainz. I'm not sure if Gravity Manip is included in that, but even if it is, it should be specified.

Yeah, from what I've seen it's a pretty rare ability in fiction. The only character outside of Overlord that I can think of who possesses it is the Terraria.

"I have resistance to death magic!"

"I can resist having time stopped!"

"But can you resist being restrained in general?"

Like what kind of super specific resistance is this

It's probably something from DnD. Overlord is heavily influenced by DnD since Maruyama originally wrote it to cope with no longer having the chance to play with his DnD buddies. Ainz basically has the same motivation as the author.

If she hadn't been sneakily using MP to activate a skill that decreased the effects of magic on her...

Should this be added to her profile, even if it's unnamed?

For context this was when she was being hit with damage spells, so by effects I would guess it means damage

It was a crimson lump that flew straight through the tornado at high speed. Its tip was stuck out, and it left a fiery afterimage like the trail of a jet.

Is this a good speed feat? Is it usable?

For context Shalltear is the "crimson lump"

The heat trail speed feat is already on Shalltear's profile, but the spell to decrease the effects of magic is fair game. Unnamed spells are fine as long as we still know what they do.

Undead is a pretty large blanket term though I guess it doesn't matter too much since evn the tiers are split in 1, 2, 3, 4 etc instead of 1-A High 8-C, Low 6-B etc.

I mean it would be much easier if we just go through the smaller Tiers first and work our way up but I can definitely see the massive difficulty in the endeavour.

Anyway, creating a category isn't difficult, but I'd rather have administrator permission for anything that isn't self-contained in one verse

I agree; it would make setting up matches easier since you can just check their subtier. I've been trying to find a good matchup for Brain or Gazef for a long while, but it's way too difficult to find characters in the same subtier.

"ALL GUARDIANS HAVE RESISTANCE TO PROJECTILE WEAPONS VIA AN ITEM OR WHATNOT." The rock was deflected as if it hit an invisible shield.

What would this be classified as in the profiles?

So how would we interpret CZ's physical attack being higher than Demiurge's?

My theory is that it's the sheets stats + raw stats from leveling, so a physical attack of 50 for a level 100 is more than the physical attack of 50 from say, a level 60

But that's just headcannon

Call it an outlier or downgrade Demiurge if we are going to scale via stats.

Edit: Then again, that would be for his striking only so it may not be an outlier.

I be fine with his Striking Strength being downgraded to 7-B. His Physical Attack is at least higher than Entoma's. I think a good rating for him would be

7-B physically, higher with magic, up to 6-C with Summons.

Back