• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

Do you think it was during the fight Ainz had with them? Its the only time I think it could have happened.

On a funnier note, Shalltear can't resist spatial manip but the Pleiades can? Thats a good one.

AnonymousBlank said:
Do you think it was during the fight Ainz had with them? Its the only time I think it could have happened.
On a funnier note, Shalltear can't resist spatial manip but the Pleiades can? Thats a good one.
Sorry, a bit confused where this came from, what do you mean?

Reality Slash ignores dura via spatial manip. Shalltear had to rewind time to fix herself while (if what Jucas said is true) the Pleiades are able to survive it in one piece despite it being supposed to split them in half.

Shalltear gets legit cleaved in half the first time Ainz casts reality slash, requiring her to use her time rewind ability to heal from it.

Space was rent, and blood spurted from Shalltear's shoulder like a fountain.

No mention of complete bisection, don't know where that comes from

In volume 13, they manage to survive a Reality Slash, although it nearly one-shots them iirc.

They aren't cut in half, at least.

These were actuely doppelgangers and not the actual Pleiades.

Also keep in mind that these doppelgangers had received a significant power boost by Aureole Omega, its highly unlikely that they would be able to survive reality slash withought the buffs she gave them.

Also, surviving something =/= resistance to it. Resistance is then something does not work on you entirely.

It just means that Pleiades' member at least have enough durability to withstood it. As you remember, Ainz did not have an intention to straight kill them, just to drop their HP.

Not sure how common it is now, but I feel like people in vs threads that have Ainz try to argue against him using time stop

I found this on the wiki:

According to Maruyama, having time-stop and instant death counter measures are absolutely required to face Ainz in a fair fight

Would this not count as decent evidence that Ainz is likely to use time stop in a serious fight?

Then again, not sure how far Word of God goes

Ainz consistently using Timestop and Deathhax in what he would consider PvP makes sense in canon and with WoG.

I don't vote on Ainz matches because they're overrated and we need more matches for other Overlord characters anyways.

Ok, I just bring it up cause on a few Ainz matches people have tried to argue Ainz doesn't use time stop, due to him not using often in the LN

Apeironaxim said:
Not sure how common it is now, but I feel like people in vs threads that have Ainz try to argue against him using time stop

I found this on the wiki:

According to Maruyama, having time-stop and instant death counter measures are absolutely required to face Ainz in a fair fight

Would this not count as decent evidence that Ainz is likely to use time stop in a serious fight?

Then again, not sure how far Word of God goes
It should be valid enough as an evidence. It has already been established by several knowledgable users that Ainz is likely to use Time Stop in a fight for several reasons (one of them is due to his cautious nature, the fact that he has used it against fodders, and that he has used it against individuals that he knows the capabilities of).

The main problem is that we never actually seen Ainz face a completely unknown opponent (as in, he doesn't know how powerful they are) before, so many other users are trying to use that as an that as a flawed argument that Ainz wouldn't use it because he hasn't used it against more powerful opponents and that he's "too analytical" to use it (like, Ainz becoming so curious that he lets his opponents attack first in Versus debates due to not knowing how powerful his opponents actually is, or some nonsense like that). They even argued that Ainz underestimates characters that doesn't look too intimidating, especially if they are humans (whether you just look like some ordinary knight in armour, or just look like an average teenage boy), which I personally disagree with.

It gets pretty tiring to see that stuff happen over and over, despite several knowledgeable users of Overlord establishing otherwise.

Mand21 said:
Huh, wouldn't Accelerator die from any death spell?
Yes, he would. Many of Ainz's spells aren't even projectiles, they directly affect the target. As such, they don't have any actual vectors, thus Accelerator can't "reflect" them. And from what I can recall, for Accelerator to apply new vectors for things that lacks vectors, he needs to first see or experience them firsthand (which would be difficult as most of Ainz's death spells aren't even projectiles). And assuming Accelerator could counteract Time Stop is just straight up NLF unless he has shown to actually do such to that type of Time Manipulation.

Edit: That Ainz vs Accelerator match went under the assumption that it isn't normally in-character for Ainz to use Time Stop (especially against an unknown enemy, which knowledgable users of Overlord has previously established otherwise), and that his Grasp Heart is limited to just destroying the opponent's heart (rather than also causing the target to die in an abstract-like way for no discernible reason as an effect) or even Ainz not starting off with any of his other Death Spells that isn't Grasp Heart.

Not that I know of. From what I can recall, vectors are more of a property of space than it is the other way around by real life science (thus, by real life physics, Spatial Manipulation might be considered to be superior to Vector Manipulation).

Though from real life physics, Time has no direction. Thus, they don't actually have any vectors.

However, vectors could apparently be used to distort/warp space and time, so it isn't an impossibility for a Vector Manipulator to do such. However, I have yet to even see Accelerator show that scale of power (such as being able to manipulate time via vectors), so...

There's a vs thread where Ainz is against Kishin and I'm wondering on if getting mind controlled by a world item is planet level resistance.

Probably not. If it is, it would only be resistance if it came from a planet level reality warped specifically using reality warping to do their Mind Manipulation. So no.

It really depends on the potency of the world item used on Shalltear, Downfall of Castle and Country. World items were created when the worlds of YGGDRASIL (except for the playable worlds) were destroyed, making each one a manifestation of an entire "world". This means they could be planet level, or much stronger, and that's what I claimed Downfall of Castle and Country scaled to.

Ok, apparently the idea that Ainz wouldn't use Time-Stop is still a thing

Anyone think we should try to explain why he would? Maybe on the page or something?

You are getting yourself confused and exacerbating the issue. I never said he wouldn't use, I said I don't see it being a first card in this situation.

Also, I don't think all the world items should scale to Planet level, but that's something to be discussed in another thread. Five Elements Overcoming and Ouroboros are my best bets at the Planet level or beyond ones, alongside maybe Longinus. There's likely others I am forgetting.

It really does though? When you are talking of resistances, you need to bring up the potency of the hax and the potency of the resistance, the feats in question, and that pretty closely approachs. Saying planet level in the case of mind hax where we count range and number of victims is just for ease of understanding.

And why not? Longinus is treated as one of the 20 and could be used to erase everything. If this even went to the level of some of the more drastic bosses in one shot, could be applicable.

But Castle and Country wouldn't have planet level mind hax, it just bypasses in verse immunities that dont even have good showings for them, we just know they are better than their respective in verse resistance. EE is EE, AP doesn't come into play. Five Elements and Ouroboros are one use law manip which also has no AP.

AnonymousBlank said:
All the WCI are hax tho. Planet level doesn't come into play for any of them.
Albedo's isn't, it's used to destroy large areas, though of course still probably not planet level

Found this

• Ahura Mazda: It has a potent effect on anything with a negative karma value, and its area of effect could span an entire world.
So planet level range

Back