• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

Description for Ginnungagap:

Ginnungagap can be used to destroy large areas. It is the most powerful World Item against physical objects, but it is not very useful against individual targets. This World Item is capable of changing forms.

However, it is weaker than a specialized divine-class item. Still, this World Item is quite strong in that it will never be destroyed or damaged.

So weaker than a specialized divine item, so not as bad as I thought

Would specialized Divine Items be like what the 41 used for weapons? So Island level but weaker than what the other stuff scale to?

I would assume so, so basically less damage then say, Houyi's Bow, but is unbreakble, has a wide area, and is powerful against physical objects

Also the fact one of the guild member's swords completely destroyed Shalltear's arm without any resistance, the difference between Legendary and Divine must be pretty big

The only World Items that have planet level anything is Ahura Mazda, which has planet level range, and maybe World Savior, since it increases in strength over time, and may be able to reach planet level power, but that's speculation

I kinda wonder what that means by specialized. Specialized for damage? For a type of damage? For being used in some specific way? In an attribute or special effect?

No, all magical items are made with data crystal, and Divine are pretty much the ones that use the best of the best data crystals on a base item that's made of a really super good material as well.

It should mean specialized on it's function, but I don't know if that may be damage or defense, or instead what type of damage like negative, fire, etc.

According to the wiki, the specialized statement is from Volume 10 Ch.3, though knowing Overlord, it doesn't get more explanation than just that vague statement

On the topic of World Items, we have 6-7 whose abilities we have no idea.

What are we, 14 volumes in?

Really hope at least some of this stuff gets explained

The pains of having no true, dangerous villains that may force ainz to use more tactics, the guardians to show more abilities or their heavy guns to be revealed.

But C'est la Vie.

I like a prequel or short stories where we get to see some of 41 and their interactions with each other, how they joined AOG, them going on raids, gathering WCI etc. Maybe a cameo/hint of one of the previous players to arrive in the NW. Plus more info on the 41/their weapons for more profiles would be epic.

I don't really care about the lack of danger for Ainz, since I'm into Overlord for the characters and their fun interactions, and of course having a protagonist who would be the villain in any other series.

I just want them explained, don't even have to be used, just explained

It's a book, it can allow a paragraph or two for the explanation of the most powerful items in the verse

Just my opinion tho

AnonymousBlank said:
I like a prequel or short stories where we get to see some of 41 and their interactions with each other, how they joined AOG, them going on raids, gathering WCI etc. Maybe a cameo/hint of one of the previous players to arrive in the NW. Plus more info on the 41/their weapons for more profiles would be epic.
Or at the very least, a detailed character sheet that tells us their weapons, equipment, spells, and skills

Of course, but if it's not really what Maruyama is interested in doing which seems to be the case with the direction the plot has taken so far, there's nothing to be done about it.

Explaining things like powers or whatever when they aren't integral to the plot or needed at the moment would be more filler than anything. Another option is just explaining for the world building, but you don't gotta define each and every little one. We already know of the mace that grows in power, Ouroboros, Five Elements Overcoming, Longinus, plus others I don't remember the name of. Keep in mind Longinus was brought up to talk and explain about the 20 and their super powerful, one use nature, Caloric Stones because Rubedo, Ouro and FEO because it was related to the topic at hand and at some point Ainz hypothetized about them being used to change the New World or something, Downfall of Castle and Country was directly used and had to be explained, World Saviour because of Ainz thinking of things that could be a danger to him with Nferia's ability, etc.

Ok, but 6-7 other World Items have been introduced without explanation

So that's what I'm talking about

And some were given to the Guardians, so I'd say they're mildly relevant

And those are? Depiction of Nature and Society was used on the Qouga, Ainz brings up Avarice and Generosity while thinking of breeding humans to slaughter and farm for EXP, and the other ones mentioned are just... mentioned. There really wasn't much need to their description. These others flowed naturally from the narration.

• Hygieia's Chalice: Currently, the ability of it is unknown. This is given to Demiurge or Cocytus from the treasury.
  • Billion Blades: Currently, the ability of it is unknown. This is given to Demiurge or Cocytus from the treasury.
  • Throne of Kings: A prize given to Ainz Ooal Gown for completing the Great Tomb of Nazarick in one go.
  • World Item from the 8th Floor: Currently, the name and its ability are unknown. This once belonged to Aureole Omega. Now the item belongs to Shalltear Bloodfallen

Those two above and the one at the bottom where only mentioned passingly, and unlike the one from the elfs wasn't used nor was the ability brought up for any reason beyond... well, bringing it up. That also goes for the Throne.

There's not really a reason for Maruyama to explain those items. He just needed to come up with world items that the Guardians would use to protect themselves from other world items. Sure, it would help us out here on vsbattles wiki, but it's irrelevant to the story.

I have honest to God no actual clue at all. There's no defined path for where the series is going to me. Ainz makes a super effective Kingdom Worldwide, everything crumbles to bits, he dies and goes somewhere else, he dies and goes knowhere, he comes back, he lives for many years as savior of the world, he gets humbled up and his humanity returns, everyone dies, God only knows.

Don't really know, but I think it would be cool if he told everyone who he really was, and maybe be comfortable enough to act like himself, instead of this supreme overlord

I just want a wholesome ending

Or at least as wholesome as you get with Nazarick

I have no idea. Something of note is that I've heard that Maruyama said that Overlord's ending will be the setup to another story. Don't quote me on that, though.

What would almost covering the entire sky in a rain cloud be?

I'm guessing less impressive than the lake freezing feat?

Not much detail is given other than it almost covers the sky, is "thick and heavy like a rain cloud", and covers the sky with tremendous speed

Here's the part from the LN

"The darkness blocked out almost the entire sky now. It was possible to see some blue far in the distance, so the cloud was truly hanging over the village."

Maybe I'm just overestimating how much it covers, but the anime version of the cloud doesn't seem to cover as much

Lizard

Back