• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Bonus Volume Additions (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding/touching is different from shoving the item into a poket dimension. We know albedo gains the resistances when she holds her weapon I don't really see why it would be different for other non wearable items.

Ah, but when it was just in his inventory, he wasn't touching it, either. As well, we can infer the World Items may of, in the game, been like potions, where you equip them to whatever bar and click on them for a one-time use. In their case, you'd equip them.

Yes thats his inventory a black void full of all his equipment.

edit, all the npcs have this inventory look at shalltear she carries her armor in her inventory and equips it by using a skill to pull it from her inventory and change her equipment.

I thought the pocket dimension was extra inventory; they can still carry items on their person.

From what I can tell you main inventory was the black void. Of course you could carry things around in your hands but I dont see why you would. atleast I haven't seen him mention it as anything other than his inventory.

Honestly the way aura walks around with depictions of mountain rivers literally tied around their waist makes me think it literally just has to be on your physical body

qoute from chapter 1
Momonga recalled how he had opened his inventory in the past, and reached his hand into the air as though searching for something. It felt as though he was reaching his hand past the surface of a lake, and an observer would think momonga's hand and part of his arm had vanished into nothingness.

Then like he was opening a wind momonga swept his hand to one side. A hole appeared out of nowhere and within it were many beautifully crafted magic staves. It was exactly like the inventory in yggdrasil.

End qoute

From what I can tell yggdrasil considered anything on your character/in your characters hands as equiped and everything else was stored in your inventory.

edit just to be clear this inventory is apparently pretty hug, qoute

all manner of scrolls, wands, weapons, armor, cosmetic items, gems, potions, other consumables… the sheer number of magic items in there was awe inspiring.

Yup, that seems pretty explicit for me.

The other dimension is the inventory. There are items that can carry stuff inside them, but those seem to just exist to expand the inventory's space (like, put a bunch of stuff inside a bag, then put the bag inside the inventory, so it only counts as one item. Prob something like that).

Doesn't really matter though, since Ainz and co. currently have them always equipped. You don't need to be using the item in any way to not be affected, like when Ainz got the World Protection just by sitting on the throne:

He saw a buff on his status screen. It was the same as that time when they had once obtained a World-Class Item, but then lost it. That was — WORLD. It implied an entire world, and the ultimate protection it bestowed.
Or when Ainz said that he and Shalltear wouldn't be affected by Aura's item just by having theirs. They don't need to be in use for the protection to be active

We may want to wait for dragoos final approval, Hes a bit tied up in finales and probably wont be free till the weekend. saying that we are finally at the point of discussing exact implementation.

Didn't Dargoo said he didn't want to give the final word/approval, or something along those lines?

Regardless, this is well-deserved.

Looks like we're waiting for the weekends then.

Also, is there a pattern going on? Because each time we're waiting for Dargoo, he replies with some questioning (or doubt) about the WCI resistances, his replies get answered/debunked, we wait for his replies again, and then rinse and repeat until the final evaluation arrives at who knows how long.

At least, that's how it feels like to me. No offence to Dargoo or anyone else though, I just don't like discussion or revision threads that goes on for too long when the final evaluations/results are expected.

I'm fine with the revisions being added, if my proposal for the wording is acceptable.

I've been busy with finals, although now that they're over I can get this thread over with.

Wasn't the general consensus for the wording being that the WCI holders get the WCI resistances "as long as they remain in contact with a WCI"?

I think that was the agreed wording rather than the "using the WCIs" resistances one.

Sure.

"Resistance to Magic with World-Class items (World-Class items negate magical effects that attempt to interfere with their actions or their weilder while they are equipped. This has allowed users to resist and bypass effects such as [see OP])"

But...

Apeironaxim said:
I think it's resistance to whatever effects WCI have shown

Such as EE, BFR, Sealing, etc
I'm pretty sure that's what the general consensus agreed on for the resistances. I'm not even sure the WCIs are considered "magic" as there was no explanation for the mechanisms of how it does things (especially in a way that suggests fantasy magic like "mana", "spell" or "MP"), along with equipping/touching a WCI already gives you resistances to the effects of other WCIs, so WCIs might not even be magic for all we know. As such, I don't think we should restrict the WCI resistances to just magic, as it seems more like general resistances.

It might be better if you replace the "Resistance to Magic" with "Resistance to Status Effect Inducement" instead, and then list all the effects of the pre-existing WCIs we know of (including having Resistance to Existence Erasure, Sealing, Reality Warping, etc.).

Ah, good point.

That should be fine to add so long as the stats effects it's been shown to resist are listed.

The pen or the sword said:
So its done? My war is over?
Right now we should look for any other effects from WCIs and make a confirm list of it I guess.

Existence Erasure, BFR, sealing, reality warping (we should specify this one), Law manipulation, resistance to mind control that can pierce other resistances. These are all we got so far, maybe there's more.

Another thing, we are adding soul manipulation/soul destruction right?

AInz and the gaurdians will all gain the following

BFR: depiction of mountains and rivers creates an altered plane of reality world class item holders can pass through the area without being affected. They can also exit the altered plane at will. (Note this doesn't account for being physically thrown from the battle field, though teleportation semi makes up for that)

Sealing: Yggdrasil a wci was used to seal off a world. Only world class items holders could pass through.

Mind control resistance; Able to resist mind control effects designed to pierce resistances

reality warping: Allows holder to ignore the effects of a wish/reality warping spell cast upon them even from other world class items.

Law manip: Able to remain unaffected by the fundemental rewriting of a magic system as long as they hold a world class item.Changes to other laws that would affect them should likely also be resisted.

Looks good dont forget all garduians receive this bonus as ainz has equipped them all with wci...Weirdly enough that leaves three wci's unaccounted for...

AInz and the gaurdians will all gain the following
BFR: depiction of mountains and rivers creates an altered plane of reality world class item holders can pass through the area without being affected. They can also exit the altered plane at will. (Note this doesn't account for being physically thrown from the battle field, though teleportation semi makes up for that)

Sealing: Yggdrasil a wci was used to seal off a world. Only world class items holders could pass through.

Mind control resistance; Able to resist mind control effects designed to pierce resistances

reality warping: Allows holder to ignore the effects of a wish/reality warping spell cast upon them even from other world class items.

Law manip: Able to remain unaffected by the fundemental rewriting of a magic system as long as they hold a world class item.Changes to other laws that would affect them should likely also be resisted.
Wasn't there also a new WCI described in the Evileye Side Story? One that can change one's race, would that add anything? Also was there any description of Ahura Mazda that would imply its ability?

No unless it could do so against someone else, if it does I suppose ainz would gain transmutation resistance. As far a I know we don't have any knowledge of the effect of ahura mazda

Please if there is a god don't leave it to me! Do i just copy and paste your listed resistances into there abilities section?
No, you need to add the abilities yourself. We cant just copy because the edits on a profile needs to be done internally, not externally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back