• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Bonus Volume Additions (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill also point out we learn about ainz having a world class item in volume one, learn its the orb in his chest and has many abilities volume eleven and thats all we know about it.

Doesn't wild magic also translate to world magic? Anyways, using souls and not being bound by class is pretty overpowered. Also I saw the quote, I still feel like he would fill us in, I mean he filled us in recently on levels differences between dragon emperor and some people

Here is the votes

Lets see I know for a fact pixel, bone, deathnoodles, yoboblue, zenkaibattery1, darkwraths, escanor, emperor doom, FDrybob and myself are in favor. 10

Infintesped, Apeironaxim neutral 2

Sirlance is against. 1

For resistance to all foreign magic muchacho mrm 1

No we had a five hundered post descussion on the fact wild magic and world class items are not equivlant if you want to take that stance go read the other thread first so we aren't forced to repeat the same argument

Other thread

Wellhis world class item's abilities has nothing to do with it (if you meant that). The character sheet:

"Soulbreaker" was derived from the Deep Darkness Dragon Lord's Wild Magic, albeit an inferior version. Apart from a handful of people who have the protection of a world, anyone else will be instantly slaughtered without any hope of resisting it.

Muchacho this has been disscussed to death, either read the other thread or just stop. Its up to dragoo at this point and we were finally talking about how these things should be treated/implemented.

edit, Im aware as I pointed out above the world class items ablities aren't connencted with the resistances they offer.

I did take a look at the other thread. It's too long but I picked up on some stuff, bone already listed it. World class items blocks all foreign magic was my point, what hole is there in my logic? Right, the fact that Ainz never did teleport within the barrier nor state his inability to do so when in fact you could teleport within the barrier without a world class item but couldn't directly teleport outside the barrier so you were forced to teleport to the edge and walk out.

The hole is you are now assuming world class items offer resistances to all foregien magic. A massive assumption, here is what we know is 100 true. World class items offer resistances to the effects of other world class items. We see the cdl use a form of wild magic that mirior longuis and we see ainz resist this. Showing the source isn't paramount to this resistance.

We can't assume ainz will resist all foreign magic based on the above. We need to reach a conclusion that makes the least amount of assumptions. Base resistances doesn't require us to assume eqivlance between wild magic and wci. It doesn't require us to attribute a resistance to foreign magic. It simply makes us take the resistances ainz already has and make them general.

Im done disscussing this point and will wait for dragoos return to discuss this more.

Sorry I might seem annoying but looking at a foreign magic's ability and just because it matches the ability of a world class item doesn't mean it's the reason his world class item blocked it. He negated the trump card of Brightness Dragon Lord.

Quote: If Cure Elim could use the same abilities as the Brightness Dragon Lord -- namely, Wild Magic -- then he would be powerless against it without this item.

Quote 2: But it would be a different matter if Cure Elim still had a trump card in store. It was much like the battle with the Brightness Dragon Lord -- Dragon Lords of that level had a super move in the form of Wild Magic. He could not lower his guard yet.

On one side: World Class item blocking exotic magic

On the other side: It must be shared properties

Jesus, someone close this already.

We will when its decided how the resistances granted by world class items are treated which is what we were setting up to disscuss.

More like three sides with you here

Shared properties mean wild magic and world class items are eqivlant, abandoned in the last thread

General resistances to the effects of world class items. beign disscussed about how and the implmentation

and now you resistance to all exoctic magic.

This was all finally coming to an end, they granted a resistance and we had to disscuss how they worked.

Than you came in with this new assumption, whatever argument you have for this has been disscussed by one of the two sides in the last five hundred post so I beg you let us disscuss how these things will be implemented and don't add a whole new stance that will drag this on for another five hundred post. Cause Ill do it regardless of how much I dont want to

The straight is clearly all foreign magic. Anything else is just loony fiction. I mean, if it blocks world class item effects then Ainz is immune to being brainwashed, being transport to another dimension, being erased from existence, etc. Holy shit this is madness

What world class items clearly resist those effects from eachother in the main series. Ainz cant be brainwashed by downfall of castle and country as he has a world class item equiped. He has resisted bfr and reality warping from other world class items, they have always offered these resistances we now know the source isn't the determining factor in how these resistances activate.

Ainz resist existence erasure from longuis and soul breaker; Not immune resistant nlf. Ainz is already highly resistant to mind control as one of the undead his mind control resistance is natrually 100 precent.

edit I repeat all this was discussed in the last thread.

At some point I'll rejoin discussion here. The last thing I want to say is that blocking exotic magic is much more stable, because then it would depend on the amount of power or the item to bypass it. Of-course this only applies to non-physical attacks because World Savior could destroy Nazarick. Or you can go with checking what world class items block and what it doesn't

edit sorry got confuesed there of course it only applies to non physical attacks in fact it only applies to the world class items effects we know world class items offer resistance to. For instance albedos weapon is amazing at terrain destruction there is no resistance to that. Mares gauntlets gather exp no resisting that .

The pen or the sword said:
Its why they couldn't take back the world only ten of them could get in at a time, and only those in the world holding a world class item wern't kicked out.
Edtit even with touch me on your side you cant take back a mine from an entire guild with only ten players.

Final edit, thought Id throw in depitction of rivers and mountains again isn't canceled when used against another world class item holder, the area is still effected the world class item holder is simply not pulled in,

My point is its not like the magic is whats getting interfered with, it simply that holding a world class item allows you to resist the effect. Now that we've seen this same resistance apply against something other than world class items we know its not just a byproduct of only resisting the effects from world class items. We now know the resistance doesnt care about the source of the effect. Thought Id add on regardless of acually using a world class item simply having it on grants its resistances. Ainz item has multiple effects one especially useful against dragons but by simply equiping it ainz gains what he calls the protection of the world.

Mare's gauntlets? Absorb exp, has no active effects other than allowing one to spend stored exp to cast skills/spells, Yet by having them on he gains the protection of the world. Depiction of rivers and mountains, grants the resistance to wci regardless of its active effect being used.

World class items have never functioned in the way you described dragoo, (the closest I can think of is shalltear resisting the dispelling effect of wish upon a star. But shalltear didn't have a world class item she was effected by one. As far as we know she resisted the effect and the spell still happened.)

Ainz equipped each of the gaurdians with world class items not for there actual ablities but for there passive resistances. Ie if shalltear had a world class item equiped when downfall of castle and country was used she would have resisted with no input from her. Much like she resisted depiction of mountain and rivers and had to activaly choose to enter the affected area, without using her world class item.

We originally thought those resistances would only apply to effects created by world class items but the fact they resisted wild magic shows the resistances aren't bound by whatever source the effect originates from.

The only way to explain this is either by A) equating wild magic and world class items (which considering the contents of the last thread I feel we have established why that doesn't make sense). Or B) the resistances is a plain resistances without bearing on the source of the effects they resist.

Maybe a scientfic existence erasure beam would effect ainz (we have no reason to suspect it would but for the sake of this point lets assume) That kinda difference is handled by verse equalization.

If ainz has shown to resist ee from multiple different sources of magic we have no reason to suspect its anything less than a straight resistance.

Heres a qoute from bonesdowery's previous statements

{{ I don't know why there's even any contention, WCI already counters Wild magic, different magic source that until actually explicitly proven otherwise. This should be enough to support general resistance to specific effects or at the very least EE resistance. This is no different than Chakra countering mind control in Naruto (the same mind control that specifically targets the Chakra within the brain system), a energy source showing to only be able to counter the exact energy source, yet its still allow as general mind control resistance. (Sorry for keep using Naruto as an example, my mind has failed me in thinking of a better example) }}
Just thought Id qoute my above statments for dragoos return

Five Elements Overcoming: 'Five Elements Overcoming has the power to request the game developers to change part of the game's magic system in YGGDRASIL.'

Isn't this Power Modification but for magic? FEO works by literally changing how magic operates in YGGDRASIL.

Shouldn't that mean WCI holders gets resistance to Power Modification from FEO as they are supposed to be unaffected by it (but got affected anyways because the task of keeping them unaffected is difficult for the developers of YGGDRASIL and they have probably gotten lazy because of that)?

Another thing we need to add is Ainz's world item, which is the glowing orb in his chest. It was in the Web Novel already, but the bonus volume confirmed that he has it in the Light Novel continuity as well. It has many different powers the user can choose from, but we know that one of them is very effective against dragons.

But equiping them simply gives the resistance. I don't see the disticition as the resistance is passivly given to a world class item holder who has theres equipped.

Edit all I meant though was nothing needs to be activated to gain the resistance they simply have to be equipped,

Yeah and they are the exception, as far as I know all the ones owned by nazerick are equipable in some capacity as ainz is stated to have equiped all the gaurdians.

I'd imagine just holding them works.

Why not just use the sentence "remain in contact with a WCI"? For when WCI users have their WCIs on (thus, gaining the protection of the world) or are touching/holding them?

Apparently, "equip" is a video game word that isn't present in dictionaries (or at least, too broad, for being "supplied" with something could mean being "equipped" with it), so "remain in contact" seems like a clearer way to say it.

ThePixelKirby said:
I'd imagine just holding them works.
The WCI effect came onto Ainz when he equipped the item, not when it was just in his inventory.

So I'm skeptical of touching them triggering the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back