• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT: Ainz Tune Up/Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apeironaxim

He/Him
Ainz
Summary of changes:
  • Important: Added a Standard Tactics section. Would especially like input on it if you have any, whether it be suggestions on stuff to add, or just changing the wording to have it read/flow better.
  • Added justifications to various sections in the P&A
  • Removed Hellflame Manip, as that got basically removed from the site and just redirects to Fire Manip, so it's redundant
  • Removed Enemy Summoning Nullification. It doesn't need to be its own separate renamed thing, it's just another form of power null
  • Removed Durability Negation. Reality Slash is obvious in how it negates dura, via spatial manip, while just listing an ability as "Durability Negation" is typically only done as a last resort if there's not really an identified way
  • Added Telekinesis for Grasp Heart
  • Removed Regen Negation, as no one in Overlord has regen good enough to overcome death anyway.
  • Removed "Unknown when boosting his defenses with barriers, armor and more".
  • Changed Stamina to Infinite to fit in with the revised Stamina page
  • Adding some equipment his Main Equipment tab (even if the missing listed equipment has no mentioned abilities)
  • Removed Consumable Items sections to put them in his Other Equipment section, as I am simply going to make his Other Equipment section essentially everything in his inventory he can pull out
  • Removed the Data Manipulation for the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, as while it could edit NPC backstories and such while in YGGDRASIL, it does not have such functions in New World. Otherwise the whole problem of Albedo's edit wouldn't actually be a problem
  • Removed the tab for his basic undead race traits, instead adding them to his overall Racial Abilities tab, as they're all just Racial abilities and traits
  • Added subtab to list the undead he has been shown to summon
  • Rewording some justifications and abilities in his Racial Abilities section
  • Added "Varies via Summoning and Necromancy" to Tier and AP sections, due to his summons obviously varying wildly in strength, and removed the 2nd Unknown for Nazarick's treasury. As the capabilities of WUAS and Nazarick's treasury are both unknown, they can just sit in the same description and be "Unknown with Wish Upon A Star and Nazarick's Treasury"
  • Tuned up Spell section, dividing it up into Metamagic and Tier Spells, alongside adding a bunch of gifs
  • Added Deconstruction due to Greater Break Item
  • Undead are immune to rot-inducing gas, which will apply not only to Ainz but every other undead
  • Added Purification since Wish Upon A Star can remove status effects

Also thinking about changing Ainz's Tier and AP to "At least 9-A, Low 7-C with magic, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, Varies via Summoning and Necromancy. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star and Nazarick's Treasury", reflecting his physical strength in said sections instead of limiting it to Striking Strength. If you'd rather his physicals be kept in his Striking Strength only, then say so, otherwise the previously mentioned change will be applied.

Ainz's page was already a lot of text, even before this, so if you somehow noticed I missed something please tell me. Because god knows any mistake could be hiding in plain sight with a page like this lmao. Just don't mention anything from the newest volumes, as those are still in a "rough draft" state from my last look, and thus will not be included here. V15 and 16 stuff will likely be its own dedicated thread when they're at final draft status and proceed to read them.

zamn that's quite impressive would be a shame if someone would disagree with it
jk i agree

Removing regen negation because no one in Overlord can regen death isn’t a valid reason. Unless you mean there was no regen negation to begin with and it was simply death manipulation?

Removing regen negation because no one in Overlord can regen death isn’t a valid reason. Unless you mean there was no regen negation to begin with and it was simply death manipulation?
It kinda is. It's death manip that's killing someone who doesn't have the regen necessary to overcome being traditionally killed, like High regen. It's not Regen negation to permanently kill someone with death manip who can regen their heart, as that level of regen insufficient to overcome being death haxed

It kinda is. It's death manip that's killing someone who doesn't have the regen necessary to overcome being traditionally killed, like High regen. It's not Regen negation to permanently kill someone with death manip who can regen their heart, as that level of regen insufficient to overcome being death haxed
I don’t have the context of the abilities. It’s just from the justification to remove the ability doesn’t make sense. Just because characters in the verse don’t have the regen required to survive death doesn’t mean that Ainz doesn’t have the ability negate lower leveled regen.

Unless he literally doesn’t have regen negation and the original justification was that death manipulation negated regen, in which case would be wrong.

Regarding his stamina, why infinite? The stamina page states that undead aren't assumed to have infinite stamina unless it's specifically pointed to.

Regarding his stamina, why infinite? The stamina page states that undead aren't assumed to have infinite stamina unless it's specifically pointed to.
“No, there is no need for that. Undead like myself are not affected by negative
statuses like fatigue. If you’re tired, you may go and rest.”
The first sign of that was the fact that whenever he felt an intense surge in his
emotions, he would immediately calm down, as though something was
suppressing it. Another thing was that he could not feel thirst, hunger, or fatigue.

You can have an ability and not have it combat applicable. Isn't the site just indexing? So I think data manipulation can stay, so long as you make a note of how it isn't applicable to any new world denizen. Albedo's edit seemed like it always was fanservice, I think we need an Ainz quote on how irreversible it is, even indirect quotes like his thoughts on it in the early volumes.

Agree with the rest.

You can have an ability and not have it combat applicable. Isn't the site just indexing? So I think data manipulation can stay, so long as you make a note of how it isn't applicable to any new world denizen. Albedo's edit seemed like it always was fanservice, I think we need an Ainz quote on how irreversible it is, even indirect quotes like his thoughts on it in the early volumes.

Agree with the rest.
“…Oh, what have I done? It was supposed to be a silly joke… If I’d known I wouldn’t have done it. I’ve… I’ve soiled the NPC Tabula Smaragdina-san created…”
When he thought about it, there was only one reason why Albedo would react
like she had.
It must have been when he was editing her backstory, and changed that line
to “She is in love with Momonga.”
That must have been why she acted that way.
“…Ah… shit!”
Momonga muttered to himself, thinking about how Tabula Smaragdina had
painstakingly created his masterpiece Albedo out of whole cloth, and then
someone else had splashed paint all over his work at will, and now she had
become like this.
The knowledge that he had ruined someone else’s hard work made him feel
miserable.
He very clearly cannot use it to edit things like backstories and such anymore. If he could, he would just change it back, otherwise there's literally zero reason for him to beat himself up over it. It's not about being combat applicable or not, it just isn't a function that exists anymore now that everything is real and no longer a game with boxes of code he can edit.

Ainz's transmutation seems to come from TGOALID

Even the air — which was not even alive to begin with — fell into death. For over one hundred meters in all directions, the air was no longer breathable. If any living creature tried to respire within that area, their lungs would be corrupted by the deadly air, and they would die.

Neither did the land escape the embrace of death. The terrain in a hundred meter radius was instantly transmuted into sand.

Only Shalltear and Ainz could move in this world, where only death remained.

Ainz’s trump card, 「The Goal Of All Life Is Death」 strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.

He very clearly cannot use it to edit things like backstories and such anymore. If he could, he would just change it back, otherwise there's literally zero reason for him to beat himself up over it. It's not about being combat applicable or not, it just isn't a function that exists anymore now that everything is real and no longer a game with boxes of code he can edit.
Someone could come to another conclusion, for example fanservice? Also Ainz beating himself over mistakes he's done is most of the story.

Her previous code saying she's a **** wouldn't exactly be a better alternative if he didn't add his own part in. But yeah, I have nothing more to say since it is the indirect quote I asked for.

Ainz's transmutation seems to come from TGOALID
Ok so my problem with this is idk if this would even count as transmutation technically.
In my view, it's not transmutation because that's just how the verse works in regards to what if death hax is used successfully on dirt/earth, and thus the sand is effectively its "corpse". The death hax isn't displaying transmutation properties, but it's instead just a quirk of the world for what happens if you "kill" dirt/earth.
So unless someone comes up with a good argument, I think i'll end up removing Transmutation too, unless Ainz has shown it somewhere else.

Ainz
Summary of changes:
  • Important: Added a Standard Tactics section. Would especially like input on it if you have any, whether it be suggestions on stuff to add, or just changing the wording to have it read/flow better.
  • Added justifications to various sections in the P&A
  • Removed Hellflame Manip, as that got basically removed from the site and just redirects to Fire Manip, so it's redundant
  • Removed Enemy Summoning Nullification. It doesn't need to be its own separate renamed thing, it's just another form of power null
  • Removed Durability Negation. Reality Slash is obvious in how it negates dura, via spatial manip, while just listing an ability as "Durability Negation" is typically only done as a last resort if there's not really an identified way
  • Added Telekinesis for Grasp Heart
  • Removed Regen Negation, as no one in Overlord has regen good enough to overcome death anyway.
  • Removed "Unknown when boosting his defenses with barriers, armor and more".
  • Changed Stamina to Infinite to fit in with the revised Stamina page
  • Adding some equipment his Main Equipment tab (even if the missing listed equipment has no mentioned abilities)
  • Removed Consumable Items sections to put them in his Other Equipment section, as I am simply going to make his Other Equipment section essentially everything in his inventory he can pull out
  • Removed the Data Manipulation for the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, as while it could edit NPC backstories and such while in YGGDRASIL, it does not have such functions in New World. Otherwise the whole problem of Albedo's edit wouldn't actually be a problem
  • Removed the tab for his basic undead race traits, instead adding them to his overall Racial Abilities tab, as they're all just Racial abilities and traits
  • Added subtab to list the undead he has been shown to summon
  • Rewording some justifications and abilities in his Racial Abilities section
  • Added "Varies via Summoning and Necromancy" to Tier and AP sections, due to his summons obviously varying wildly in strength, and removed the 2nd Unknown for Nazarick's treasury. As the capabilities of WUAS and Nazarick's treasury are both unknown, they can just sit in the same description and be "Unknown with Wish Upon A Star and Nazarick's Treasury"
  • Tuned up Spell section, dividing it up into Metamagic and Tier Spells, alongside adding a bunch of gifs
  • Added Deconstruction due to Greater Break Item
  • Undead are immune to rot-inducing gas, which will apply not only to Ainz but every other undead
  • Added Purification since Wish Upon A Star can remove status effects

Also thinking about changing Ainz's Tier and AP to "At least 9-A, Low 7-C with magic, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, Varies via Summoning and Necromancy. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star and Nazarick's Treasury", reflecting his physical strength in said sections instead of limiting it to Striking Strength. If you'd rather his physicals be kept in his Striking Strength only, then say so, otherwise the previously mentioned change will be applied.

Ainz's page was already a lot of text, even before this, so if you somehow noticed I missed something please tell me. Because god knows any mistake could be hiding in plain sight with a page like this lmao. Just don't mention anything from the newest volumes, as those are still in a "rough draft" state from my last look, and thus will not be included here. V15 and 16 stuff will likely be its own dedicated thread when they're at final draft status and proceed to read them.
For the regen negation, doesn’t acid and fire in OL have that as it can cancel out the martial lord’s type of regen? Or perhaps that’s taken into account with some of his summons and equipment.

I’d keep dura-neg if solely because his touch attacks deal negative energy damage. But maybe that can be labeled as something else, idk.

For the regen negation, doesn’t acid and fire in OL have that as it can cancel out the martial lord’s type of regen? Or perhaps that’s taken into account with some of his summons and equipment.

I’d keep dura-neg if solely because his touch attacks deal negative energy damage. But maybe that can be labeled as something else, idk.
Afaik from how it's described and showed, it'd be a weakness for the regen, not a feat for the fire or acid.

I've asked some people, and since Negative Energy drains life force by infusing you with basically anti-life energy, it should fit under Death Manip or Life Manip, so I can just add that to the Death Manip justification or add Life Manip, whichever one sounds better. Probably Life Manip since it ***** with life force, even if it doesn't drain it. Here's some quotes to show what I mean:
Positive energy restored the health of the living, while negative energy would
damage them.
That was because he was being infused with negative energy, which ate away
at his life force. Zaryusu was trained to withstand pain, but he could not bear the
terrible anguish that turned his veins to ice.
Where had he gotten that vitality from? The massive surge of negative energy
pouring into him should have been steadily dissolving and consuming Zaryusu’s
life force.
There's also the possibility of it counting as Pain Manip through the 2nd quote, but idk if that counts. Since from my view, it's just a natural consequence of having your life force messed with, being hurt on a deeper, more fundamental level.

Last edited:
Now that there's a staff vote in agreement, I'll probably end up applying the changes a bit later today, assuming nobody has any other problems or points of contention

Afaik from how it's described and showed, it'd be a weakness for the regen, not a feat for the fire or acid.

I've asked some people, and since Negative Energy drains life force by infusing you with basically anti-life energy, it should fit under Death Manip or Life Manip, so I can just add that to the Death Manip justification or add Life Manip, whichever one sounds better. Probably Life Manip since it ***** with life force, even if it doesn't drain it. Here's some quotes to show what I mean:

There's also the possibility of it counting as Pain Manip through the 2nd quote, but idk if that counts. Since from my view, it's just a natural consequence of having your life force messed with, being hurt on a deeper, more fundamental level.
Ah, alright. Yeah, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back