• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Onepunch-Man speed review

Introductio

Some calculations were accepted, they are:

Now, here's a list of who scaled for what:

Low layer
These characters climb onto a facade of Iaian (Massively Hypersonic):

• Okamaitachi
  • Bushidrill
  • Puri-Puri Prisoner
  • Tanktop Master
  • Watchdog Man
  • Child Emperor
  • Deep Sea King
  • Awakened Cockroach
  • Bug God
  • Carnage Kabuto
  • Elder Centipede
  • Evil Natural Water
  • Fuhrer Ugly
  • Gale Wind (Base)
  • Hellfire Flame (Base)
  • Garou (Human)
  • Genos
  • Gouketsu
  • Gums
  • Homeless Emperor
  • Zombieman
  • Royal Ripper
  • G4
  • G5
  • Demonic FAN
  • Grizzly
  • Metal Bat
  • Overgrown Rover
  • Phoenix Man (Post Ressurrection)
  • Sonic (Early)
  • Nyan
  • Boros (In armor)
  • BS
  • Fubuki
  • Dep Sea King
Midlle layer
These characters scale to the feat of Atomic Samurai (Massively Hypersonic+):

• Bang ??
  • Bomb ??
  • BS ??
High layer
These characters scale to Tatsumaki (Sub-Relativistic, likely Sub-Relativistic+):

• Orochi
  • Golden Sperm
  • Pre Awakened Garou
  • Psykos ??
  • Neuro Psykos
God layer
These characters cast for a casual Saitama (FTL):

• Boros
  • Garou
Boros was accepted as 0.75c for kicking Saitama to the moon at that speed with his aura, what scales to his combat speed. Scaled Awakened Garou

Discussio
This is my opinion of who scaled to whom. The ones I put ?? in front are the ones I'm not sure about.
I think the biggest debate will be on the scale of Atomic Samurai and Saitama, so let's go.

Results
Upgraded to MHS: Iaian, Okamaitachi, Bushidrill, Blizzard, Demonic Fan, Do-S, Child Emperor

MHS with MHS+ attack speed Atomic Samurai

Boros and AG become "Rel+, possibly FTL"

You forgot to add this one to your list. The accepted rating is 75% SoL, which Boros' scales to due to his aura.

For your list

• Most of the Lower Layers scale to Sonic and DSK's calc. But it does effect Blizzard and monsters who scale to her
  • For the middle layer we have to decide if we make Atomic just MHS+ or do something like "MHS combat speed, MHS+ attack speed". If the former than Bang, Bomb, BS and those who scale to BS get reupgraded to MHS+. If the latter then only Atomic Samurai is MHS+ since the only person to react to his slash to AG
  • High Layer: No complaints except for base Psykos
  • God Layers: Considering Garou outright admitted he couldn't avoid Saitama without precog and neither Boros or Garou showcase the speed to normally dodge Saitama's attack, I say we scale them to the 75% SoL calc and only leave Saitama at FTL

1st layer: Most of those characters already scale up to Mach 774. The one's it would affect are the disciples, Rhino Wrestler, Devil Long Hair, Do-S and Fubuki. No to Child Emperor.

2nd layer: No to all three since AS's attack speed is faster than his travel speed. On that front he'd scale to them for that.

3rd Layer: All are fine except for Psykos. She shouldn't even be 6-C as far as I'm concerned.

4th Layer: No to both.

I agree with Qawsedf234.

Base Psykos does not scale to Tatsumaki in speed.

Only Saitama should be FTL.

CE should def scale to MHS. He's avoided attacks from ENW before.

There, I added the thing about Boros.

• Yes, we need to discuss the Atomic Samurai thing, I have some thoughts, but I will wait for the others.
  • The thing about climbing Base Psykos for this is strange, but as I was in the profile I put it, although I disagree.
  • I think Boros and Garou should go to Casual Saitama because in one way or another they managed to surprise him.
    Boros with MB managed to make Saitama express a reaction of surprise, which even the picture indicates with the famous !? And also, he even said that this was finally looking like a fight, totally different from against Geryuganshoop how much he considered a waste of psychic power.

Garou also managed to leave Saitama's vision for a brief moment, as we see here, Saitama for a brief moment does not follow him.

We don't know what level of speed ENW was using against CE compared to Iaian. That's why I disagree with CE scaling since the circumstances of their defeat is unknown

Why would ENW use a different level of speed for them both. It's not intelligent. ENW having jetstreams that are 380+ times slower doesn't make any sense either.

Child Emperor also dodged while off guard, Iaian was on guard.

USklaverei said:
CE defeated Atomic's 3 disciples, so he climbs.
As a minor thing, that line of dialogue was removed in the manga. So it can't be used as a justification.

ENW attacks based on negetive emotions, since their battle was offscreen we have no idea what they gave off for them to be defeated.

Don't see how that's relevant when Iaian was also off guard and similarly dodged it.

Neither Boros nor Garou should scale to Saitama considering how much he holds back. Trying to say that casual Saitama has a set-speed of FTL is like trying to argue that casual Saitama has a set AP, which we know he doesn't since he can hold back more against some opponents than others.

So for me

But I can't completely ignore it either I guess. Would Something like this work for people

• Awakened Garou: Relativistic+ (Stated by ONE to have the advantage over Boros in close combat), possibly FTL (Temporarily outra Saitama's sight)

The thing is, surprising Saitama with his speed (if that's even what happens) still doesn't mean that he scales to Saitama.

Saitama could just be surprised that Boros is much faster or more powerful than he was before. Not surprised that Boros is anywhere near comparable to him.

Qawsedf234 said:
So for me
But I can't completely ignore it either I guess. Would Something like this work for people

• Awakened Garou: Relativistic+ (Stated by ONE to have the advantage over Boros in close combat), possibly FTL (Temporarily outra Saitama's sight)
Yes, I think the best thing is possibly, since they both achieved something above a casual Saitama

Personally I agree with that sentiment @Damage3245. To me it can argued that Boros is just faster than Gery/faster than Saitama expected rather than outright scaling. But surprising Saitama with his speed when he considered Gery's rock throws as "A bad joke" could also indicate they're notably superior than that, which may back the FTL scaling. Which is why, if added, it should have a possibly behind it since its not that concrete.

Damage3245 said:
Neither Boros nor Garou should scale to Saitama considering how much he holds back. Trying to say that casual Saitama has a set-speed of FTL is like trying to argue that casual Saitama has a set AP, which we know he doesn't since he can hold back more against some opponents than others.
Yes, but the point is that he considered the attacks close to Geryu's light as wasteful and at no time did that impress him, Boros and Garou achieved this.

Iaian didn't know a jetstream was about to be fired right him, so him looking right at him is irrelevant. In the first example for CE he had forewarning from Iaian and also "sensed" (heared, whatever) that an attack was coming at him, so I wouldn't count that being off guard so much as being taking slightly by surprise. In fact looking at both scans its clear CE wasn't directly dodging his attacks but was simply jumping around them, since the point at which he jumps (which indicates where he was standing) is nowhere near the trajectory of the jetstreams.

Tetsucabrah said:
Alright I'm done arguing this with you. You always bring up the most arbitrary reasons why a character shouldn't scale to something. No one agrees with you here.
This, he is literally ignoring everything to say that EC does not scale.

Iaian didn't know a jetstream was about to be fired right him, so him looking right at him is irrelevant

You can see the motion lines of him avoiding the Water Stream. Its a reaction feat.

In the first example for CE he had forewarning from Iaian and also "sensed" (heared, whatever) that an attack was coming at him

For this I just have to disagree

I'm usually against certain scaling attempts because to me they have a lack of proper evidence such as with the previous 7-A scaling with Goketsu. But here? Its super straight foreward that he scales.

CE doesn't dodge multiple shots, looking at the point in which he jumps its clear he wasn't in the trajectory of any of the jet streams, he simply dodges around the streans after they've already fired.

Brave Giant most likely works like any other mecha in this regard. Unless we're saying that Bofoi scales up to High Hypersonic for piloting Metal Knight.

If he can weave between the shots after they passed him, and ENW for some reason decided to fire around CE when hes never done such a thing- and his beams retract and move as fast as he does... then he would still be the same speed.

CE doesn't dodge multiple shots

I mean... he does though

he simply dodges around the streans after they've already fired.

You do know that would require comparable, if not even greater speed, to accomplish right? Its far more impressive to weave between multiple shots than it is to dodge just one.

Brave Giant most likely works like any other mecha in this regard. Unless we're saying that Bofoi scales up to High Hypersonic for piloting Metal Knight.

Guess I'll have to agree on that weird fiction thing. Although we do scale some people to their reactions in mechas.

Why would it be more impressive to weave around jets of water that have already fired and continuously doing so for a brief period than it is to dodge out of the way of a projectile coming right at you? Its no different than if I jumped over the trajectory of a turret that's rapid firing into a wall, surely?

I thought we've been over this whole "CE scaling to ENW" debate. I stand by my stance back then that CE clearly scales.

As for Psykos, I do agree with SuperAPM here. Scaling Psykos to Tatsumaki just because she seemed less casual than when she did the Boros bullet feat is as arbitrary as scaling to Saitama's casualness. Never mind the fact that Tatsumaki easily beat Psykos.

Technically BS dodged a slash from AS, but AS proceeded to blitz BS with his more serious slashes. So he wouldn't scale to AS' combat speed, and sadly Bang and Bomb shouldn't either.

Boros and Garou should simply be Relativistic+.

SuperAPM said:
Why would it be more impressive to weave around jets of water that have already fired and continously doing so for a brief period than it is to dodge out of the way of a projectile coming right at you?
Because that involves moving multiple body parts at the same time to avoid multiple projectiles. Considering all of the beams at MHS, doing that is a MHS reaction feat for CE.

Its no different than if I jumped over the trajectory of a turret that's rapid firing into a wall, surely?

No that would be closer to aim dodging. In this case it would moving your body to avoid fire from three different turrets after they had already fired. Or using a comic scan something along these lines where he dodges multiple shots by angling his body.

Here he dodges at close range while dealing with the fish attacking him, he definitely scaled into it.

The streams take a while (relatively speaking) to be done firing. You can see that ENW finishes firing long after CE has already jumped around them. They were a continuous beam when CE jumped over them.

USklaverei

And still not in the trajectory of any of those shots

The streams take a while (relatively speaking) to be done firing

The room is large, but not large enough to kneecap the reaction time to dodge the beams to anything below MHS. He should just outright scale, and to ignore it is just dismissing very clear cut feats in my view.

And still not in the trajectory of any of those shots

Because he avoided them. You can tell by the motion lines on his body

CE didn't dodge the beams, he jumped around them after they had fired around them. You can tell from the point he jumps in both scans that he wasn't in the trajectory of the streams before jumping over them.

I can see the motion lines quite clearly. I can also see that neither CE's body or even the motion lines were in the trajectory of the streams either.

I'm off to bed for now, will continue this later.

Well if we're not going to convince you we'll just move to voting once everything else is decided.

So for Atomic Samurai do we go with MHS general speed, and MHS+ attack speed or just outright MHS+ attack speed.

Back