• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Atomic Samurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway the main discussion here is that if the Sun Blade amp is enough for upscaling into FTL or SoL...

Iirc assuming a vague upscaling even a 1.3x difference is enough, so if there's any it should reach SoL.
No, we usually don't even go beyond 1.2x - but it's not like we have any hard rules on it.

I mean, Atomic Rel+ rating comes from a casual feat and he is using the Sun Blade that's like an obvious massive amp...

I think we can make a pretty fair assumption here and upscale him to SoL/FTL

If he gets to Sol it makes upscaling Platinum Sperm to FTL even more easily, since the difference between SoL and FTL is literally the smallest number possible

To be honest, this feat should be recalculated because it's a huge downplay actually.

It assumes the distance between Atomic Samurai and the light beam is the same distance of his arm and sword combined.

This can't be the case as he clearly cuts through a portion of the light beam within that distance. Meaning that realistically that gap should be much less and therefore the speed a lot higher.

However, I'm unsure how you would get a good calculation of how exactly far the beam was from his face.

Given the situation, we can argue that because of the nature of the feat—coming from a casual attack, not even the Atomic Slash—and its proximity to the speed of light (1.28205128x slower), scaling up Sunblade Atomic Samurai to FTL seems reasonable.
Eh, I'm not seeing it. Just higher with the sunblade.

yeah it's literally just moving a sword faster than light could travel a small distance, there's no conceivable way the calc could be fundamentally flawed

I'm not calcing perception speed or anything of that sort.
I wa talking about the ratio between swing and beam crossing distance. The distances of .2 meters (9 inches) doesn't work with the art showing the beam multiple feet away from Samurai
Until this is actually accepted, that is pretty much irrelevant, though...
When it is accepted it will be relevant

The distances of .2 meters (9 inches) doesn't work with the art showing the beam multiple feet away from Samurai
This is a subjective interpretation of art. To me, the beam does not seem "multiple feet away" from Atomic Samurai at all. In fact, it looks directly in front of him.

This is a subjective interpretation of art. To me, the beam does not seem "multiple feet away" from Atomic Samurai at all. In fact, it looks directly in front of him.
It is in front of him, but not only 9 inches in front of him.

the calculation is literally evaluated and accepted
also the beam is very clearly right next to his face there, 9 inches is completely reasonable
this doesn't seem to be anything valid beyond a miniscule nitpick.

the calculation is literally evaluated and accepted
also the beam is very clearly right next to his face there, 9 inches is completely reasonable
this doesn't seem to be anything valid beyond a miniscule nitpick.
Considering it's a notable speed upgrade I just want to make sure everything is alright before it applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back