• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Onepunch-Man speed review

Okay so

Upgraded to MHS: Iaian, Okamaitachi, Bushidrill, Blizzard, Demonic Fan, Do-S, Child Emperor

MHS with MHS+ attack speed Atomic Samurai

Boros and AG become "Rel+, possibly FTL"

Are there ways for them to scale? I was trying to remember a way and I couldn't think of any

Homeless Emperor has MHS attack speed with his light spheres but I don't think Zombieman has anything to directly scale him up other than the vague sea king statement.

Eh, I dunno if we can scale Boros speed to "Casual" Saitama like that

Not only we never know how much of his power he's using, but it's also inconsistent. In the FTL feat, Saitama was casual with that banana face, however in his Travel from the Moon to Earth he had a more serious tone yet the feat is only Sub Relativistic, we just can't measure

The rest is fine by me

I agree with the first and third options, but the second option should be "MHS+ Combat Speed" and I have yet to hear a counterargument to this.

It has to do with how he can slash enemies like Black Sperm dozens, if not hundreds of times, but can't avoid his attacks. Even when he has ample time to cut him to pieces he's still not able to really dodge his attacks. Although it would be weird to rate him as being able to move his arms about 7.5 times faster than the rest of his body I guess, Its just one of those weirder scaling areas.

If we do scale him and the rest to MHS+, then the following people would be effected: Pyskos, Bang, Bomb, Black Sperm, ENW, Sweet Mask, Overgrown Rover, Monster Garou, Darkshine, and Carnage Kabuto. With Metal Bat, Elder Centipede, the Disciples, and Child Emperor scaling. Although some of these will cause issues ngl.

I don't think any other character aside from obviously Awakened Garou should scale to the speed of his Atomic Slash.

While I can't accept the atomic slash calc I still agree with MHS+ since my calc is a low-ball

I personally don't have problems with if it is applied, with the changes in which characters that scale agreed by other staff.

It seems that the biggest problem here is the Atomic Samurai scale, the rest seems already defined, could I change it?

If the other staff members are fine with it, sure.

The Iaian MHS upgrades are good to apply. The Boros/Garou stuff and the Atomic Samurai thing probably needs more discussion.

Why would anyone scale to Atomic Samurai's attack speed aside from Garou?

I've already made the changes for those who were climbing to Iaian and Tornado. Now we need to solve the Atomic and Saitama thing

What don't understad is that we have already had an atomic slash calc and you never explained what was wrong with it

Both calculations can be linked in the Iaian page if they are for different feats.

Okay so back on topic

• Is everyone good with the reasoning I gave for Atomic's different levels of speed, or do we go with reupgrades
  • How do we feel about the possibly FTL rating. To much or is it warranted?

Since most agree with your assumptions and no one has done anything better so far, I think we can finish this.

I guess to properly explain the reason, its due to Murata's statement for Gery

Q: Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas, can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

A: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

T/N: The Japanese used here is õ║£ÕàëÚǃ, can mean sub-light or near lightspeed. Murata says Geryuganshoop being the greatest psychic in the universe in a joking manner.

Saitama considers his attacks to be something like a bad joke, due to the speed difference between the two. On the other hand Boros and Garou were capable of either surprising Saitama with their speed or escaping his line of sight without him noticing. Which is where the suggestion for a possibly rating comes from, since they are suggested to be above what it took Saitama to react to.

Although I agree they shouldn't hard scale, just that I can see the scaling chain existing. Which is why possibly is being used instead of likely.

I think too much credence is being given to Saitama having a surprised expression at Boros charging at him. It doesn't have to mean that Boros is fast enough to actually take him by surprise, just that Boros is much faster than he was moments before and Saitama was surprised at the change.

When it comes to Garou, I'd honestly prefer to wait and see how the manga depicts it. Saitama is still overwhelmingly faster than Garou and I doubt that Garou "evading Saitama's eyesight" means much.

It looks like it could just be a case of Saitama glancing to his right because he senses Garou is behind him, while at the same time Garou moves around his left side to end up in front of him. Doesn't mean Garou is faster than what Saitama can react to.

@Damage3245 While you disagree with the FTL rating, you are fine with the 75% SoL change right? If so we can just adjust their speed to Rel+ and Saitama to "At least FTL" for the time being.

Back