• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Onepunch-Man speed review

Honestly, his argument made no sense, Saitama followed Garou all the way and in the end, he lost Garou's vision and it was exactly where Garou was evolving. We have the example of Sonic, where Saitama follows and accompanies him without problems.

It looks like it could just be a case of Saitama glancing to his right because he senses Garou is behind him, while at the same time Garou moves around his left side to end up in front of him.

Garou starts to move and Saitama follows him with his eyes. Garou then manages to overcome this and appear behind Saitama while he is still looking up, Saitama then looks at his back trying to follow Garou and he is already in front of him attacking him. That is, a casual Saitama was unable to keep up with Garou's movements, so a possibly FTL is more than enough.

The only thing that indicates is that Garou is faster than Gerg's projectiles. Not that he scales to Saitama in speed.

There's no such thing as a 'casual' level for Saitama. However much effort he's putting in can vary drastically.

USklaverei said:
Saitama casual managed to randomly block Geryu's projectiles and this is an FTL feat and this Saitama loses sight of Garou, you just agreed to the thing indirectly.
No, I didn't agree, you just misunderstood me.

Saitama's perception can track a Relativistic projectile.

Saitama briefly losing sight of Garou just means that Garou is potentially faster than that Relativisitc projectile.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Saitama wasn't necessarily moving his eyes at FTL speeds to look behind him.

I don't want to rate Garou as being possibly FTL based on just that feat.

But that is why it would be possible, since it is not something concrete but that it POSSIBELY can be.

Scaling Psykos to Tatsumaki seems like a strange solution to me. But if you say it should scale up to Tatsumaki's random feat with bullets, then it's fair to give it the speed of those bullets.

Regarding Atomic Slash. I think the opponent's speed should be scaled to at least 1.6 mach, which is a high-speed feat of a training Saitama and should be fair. Regarding the focused Atomic Slash technique, this is the same technique, but with an increased number of strikes. There is no reason to believe that it takes longer, so I suggest taking the timeframe of a regular Atomic Slash to find the speed of the new technique.

Well, as I said in another thread-scaling Boros and Garou to FTL is a good thing, because the battle with them was clearly not as easy as raising your hand towards the stone.

then it's fair to give it the speed of those bullets.

The bullets are MHS+, not Sub-Rel. Her current speed rating comes from WoG from ONE abkut her beinf superior to Mob, who preformed a Sub-Rel feat.

Regarding Atomic Slash. I think the opponent's speed should be scaled to at least 1.6 mach, which is a high-speed feat of a training Saitama and should be fair.

That would be calc stacking and would make said calc unusable. The reason it's so good is that the feat gives the sword an explicit speed so no assumptions need to be made

Regarding the focused Atomic Slash technique, this is the same technique, but with an increased number of strikes.

The current accepted value for thar move is mach 3+ atm

Are you claiming that Psykos is faster than a Mob? Is she superior to Shigeo? Could you show evidence and quotes referencing this? Otherwise, according to your words, it turns out that ONE considers Mob equal to Tatsumaki, but weaker than Psykos, which means that Tatsumaki is weaker than Psykos, which is complete nonsense.

This wiki itself is based on a number of assumptions. Why did you give that technique the speed of sound, if the character immediately stated that even in human form exceeded the speed of sound? And after monstrification he became much stronger. God, this was one of the strongest swordsmen of that era, so it was stupid to assume that he was slower than the average a-class hero. So the low end of Hypersonic looks more than fair.

Yes, but it used a timeframe of 3 and a half seconds. You realize that a character who dodged a random attack couldn't even realize what had happened to him. Happen again. This is the same atomic section. Just because of the intensity of the blows and the speed, your hand begins to hurt. Yes, damn, the technique itself is called "Focused Atomic Slash", which implies that this is the same attack and it simply can not be slower than the previous ones.

Are you claiming that Psykos is faster than a Mob?

No. The current chain is "Mob =< Tornado ~ GS/Orochi/Psyrochi/Maybe Psykos". The WoG itself is linked on Tornado's profile in her speed justification.

Why did you give that technique the speed of sound, if the character immediately stated that even in human form exceeded the speed of sound

I didn't, the calc maker did. They could have inckuded other speed ends if they wanted to, but most default to mach 1 since its the bare minimum it can be.

so it was stupid to assume that he was slower than the average a-class hero

The issue is calc stacking, not scaling speed. He is likely faster than Saitama was, but that's scaling to a feat he didn't preform to use in another calc, which isn't allowed. You either get his speed in the scene itself (which is what the statement is) or you have to assume normal human speed for the calc.

which implies that this is the same attack and it simply can not be slower than the previous ones.

Scaling wise its comparable or even faster, but the feat in of itself isn't that fast.

GS is weaker than Tatsumaki and only defeats her because She is injured. Orochi is a problem due to its size and Regenerationn. As we can see from the plot, she is quite good at coping with its rays. And call Psykos roughly equal to Tatsumaki, and Mob equal or weaker... Well, this myself to be honest. Psikos is nothing more than a toy in her hands, and as soon as tatsumaki even played a little, She was forced to run away.

The current quote used to scale GS to Tornado is something like "Even if Tornado was in peak condition, Golden Sperm could maybe win". Indicating that even a peak Tornado stands a chance at losing to GS. Which is why his speed scales to her.

As for Psykos I have always agreed her base state shouldn't scale to Tornado. She got clowned way to easily for her to scale like Psyrochi does.

Qawsedf234 said:
The current quote used to scale GS to Tornado is something like "Even if Tornado was in peak condition, Golden Sperm could maybe win". Indicating that even a peak Tornado stands a chance at losing to GS. Which is why his speed scales to her.
As for Psykos I have always agreed her base state shouldn't scale to Tornado. She got clowned way to easily for her to scale like Psyrochi does.
Could you show a new quote?
Because I remember exactly what WoG said earlier , that Tatsumaki would be able to beat him if she was okay.

iirc it was actually something like ''Tatsumaki would still have trouble defeating him''

Could you show a new quote?

Its not new, just a different translation. This is the quote source

Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡Òüîõ©çÕà¿Òü¬ÒéëÚ╗äÚçæþ▓¥Õ¡ÉÒü½ÕïØÒüªÒéï

Currently its something like "Even if Tornado is in perfect condition, Golden Sperm could win" or "Even if Tornado was in perfect shape, Golden Sperm still wins". The translation on the OPM Wiki also implies she would have some trouble fighting him.

ONE: If Tatsumaki was in perfect shape, then against Golden Sperm it would be victory.

T/N: It's hard to interpret the nuances from a single quote, but what ONE said was "Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡Òüîõ©çÕà¿Òü¬ÒéëÚ╗äÚçæþ▓¥Õ¡ÉÒü½ÕïØÒüªÒéï" He never specified how much difficulty she would have, but he did use the term "õ©çÕà¿" (literally "ten thousand completeness"), a phrase that means "in perfect condition" shape, so having that emphasis would imply medium difficulty.

In addition to changing the speed , you need to raise Saitama's lifting strength to Class T.
And I still think that Psykos shouldn 't have a 6-C key because it was a toy in the hands of Tatsumaki playing. Swollen veins don't mean anything , she doesn 't have any feats for this level.

Well in my option

• We wait for the manga to cover the base lift before any upgrade. It comes out Monday so it's not going to be a long wait, if for whatever reason it doesn't cover it I'll give the class T more thought
  • I think that since Atomic Samurai has consistently shown he can't move his body as fast as he can slash we should separate his Mach 800-900 body from his Mach 2k+ attack speed
  • Saitama should be "At least FTL"
  • Boros and Awakened Garou should have their base speed increased to 75% SoL and note that could possibly be higher. But since it's iffy we should emphasize possibly over likely or potentially
Even if I agree with the Psykos downgrade this is a CRT about speed rather than AP, so we shouldn't really discuss it here since it'll get pretty cluttered.

Waiting until the next chapter sounds fine for that feat.

Atomic Samurai's Atomic Slash being separated from his other stats sounds good to me.

I'm fine with a "possibly higher" for Boros and Garou.

All three mods that have commented now agdee on the FTL/Rel+ scaling stuff so it should be fine to apply. Boros will also need to be unlocked though.

For Atomic Samurai just apply the MHS+ attack rating for now and if enough people agree with Gyro we'll just upgrade a bunch of people back to MHS+.

Nobody have provided any reason why USklaverei's calc is better than mine yet you still decided to use it

That should be discussed, yes. Ugarik is one of our most skilled calc group members.

Can somebody link to the two relevant calculations of the same feat please?

Back