• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking Serum Psykos' "possibly High 6-A" rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTRODUCTION

I assume this will be somewhat of a controversial topic, as I will be discussing points that were previously discussed in this CRT made by Lord Tracer back in September. Let's try to keep things clean and well structured.

Psyko's profile currently states that her human key is "At least 7-A. Possibly High 6-A after consuming a serum". The "possibly High 6-A" argument comes from Fubuki stating that Tatsumaki is exerting herself to an unusual degree in her fight against Psykos, something that she doesn't seem to be doing while damaging Boros' ship, which has High 6-A durability. This is further emphasized when Tatsumaki fights Psykos and we can see veins on her forehead, further supporting that she was more casual during the ship bombardment than against Psykos.

But, is that actually true? I don't think so. I've found some problems with these arguments and I wanted to share them.

1- We don't see Tatsumaki's expressions when she's attacking Boros' ship.

This is more of an introduction point that could or could not serve as supporting evidence, as it is very debatable and, in all honestly, it could be interpreted either way.
We see Tatsumaki's casual expression when she stops the bombardment from the ship, which is not High 6-A, but only 6-C. And even if she supposedly has her arms crossed while attacking, we never even once see her face so, for all we know, those veins could be there.

2- The key would also apply to Gyoro Gyoro.

The pages prior to Fubuki making her statement about her sister depict the aftermath of the fight between Tatsumaki and Multi-Eyed Gyoro Gyoro, where the latter makes a desperation attack on Tatsumaki, which is tanked by her with no problem. This feat is what, immediately after, makes Fubuki say that Tatsumaki is exerting herself more than usual. The point here is that Gyoro Gyoro was able to perform an attack that made Tatsumaki exert herself to a notable extent (certainly above Tatsumaki's casual efforts against the ship, according to the logic with which the current scaling was made), so that should put that key at "possibly High 6-A" too.

3- Tatsumaki's expressions have more to do with her emotional states than with the actual power she is exerting.

-Chapter 32, Tatsumaki gets angry at King and shows veins.
-Chapter 55.5, Tatsumaki has an all out expression when going towards HotDog, but she clearly does not exert herself that much to kill a wolf level.
-Chapter 176, Tatsumaki's dark and non casual expressions can be interpreted as her being angry at Apollo because Fubuki is involved.
-Chapter 177, Tatsumaki gets angry at Saitama and shows veins.
-Chapter 178, Tatsumaki shows a vein when getting angry (Fubuki is involved) against Saitama, despite being in a more relaxed and non fighting pose than before, where her expression was way more composed.
-Chapter 179, Tatsumaki shows many veins when she gets angry at Saitama.
-Chapter 181, Tatsumaki shows veins twice, yet again.

4- Massive consistency problems in regards to her facial expressions and her psychic power output.

Before naming them we have to remember that Tatsumaki's profile says she is "At least High 6-A". Firstly, we are going to show why she is actually much stronger than people think. To put things into perspective:

-Chapter 134, Psykos mentions that Tatsumaki's power "loosened", something she did not do during the whole fight. So, although Tornado was clearly damaged (blood comes out of her head) multiple times, that doesn't mean she was weakened or lost access to her full power. I will not be taking references of Tatsumaki during the MA arc, as she is weakened after God nerfs her, and thus not acting under her true potential, putting way more effort to exert lesser feats of power, as seen during her fight against weakened Jet Psykorochi (At least 7-A) and against Fuhrer Ugly (High 7-C, higher with body control).

-Chapter 134, Fubuki is able to feel and assess Tatsumaki's psychic powers, saying that it increased. This is the strongest power level Tatsumaki shows during the MA arc, when she twists Psykorochi.

-Chapter 178, Fubuki, who has witnessed Tatsumaki twisting Psykorochi, mentions she is using her full power, which means she is using the same amount of power that Fubuki witnessed during the City Z twist. From there, Tatsumaki increases her psychic powers several times during the fight, making her much stronger than when she twisted City Z, which is already a good 5.68 exatons. Remember that Saitama overpowered Gaia Cannon and one shot Orochi, and later on Psyokorochi (which contained Orochi's conscioussness) was really confident on beating Saitama. Tatsumaki one shot Psykorochi to a cellular level and then showed a much greater level of power against Saitama. That is where she stands.

What Psykos is being scaled to is 9.50 petatons, which is in the same tier but it's almost a thousand times smaller than the absolute minimum value Tatsumaki is scaling to.

Hold on, I know exactly what you're thinking: We are not scaling Psykos to Tatsumaki. That is absolutely not the issue here. The point is that Tatsumaki's expressions of effort during the series are all over the place. It makes no sense that Tatsumaki shows no veins and a more composed face against Saitama, while she shows them during the Psykos fight. If you saw these two expressions without any context, you would say Tatsumaki is putting more effort into fighting Psykos than into fighting Caped Baldy. However, that is clearly not the case, and we can find many more inconsistencies, some of which I will be explaining here.

-Chapter 68, Tatsumaki has visible veins in her face when squeezing Hundred Eyes Octopus, who is currently "At least 8-B, Low 7-C after consuming enough concrete".
-Chapter 111, Tatsumaki shows veins and trembling on her forearm while controlling a destroyed Gyoro Gyoro, who is "At least 7-A, higher with Multi-Eye form", despite having ripped her limbs off moments prior.
-Chapter 127, Tatsumaki pulls from Psykos, showing the veins. This "effort" is contradicted by how casual she fights her right after that, and how much effort Psykos is putting in (while when getting pulled she was just laying on the sofa). She basically bullies and humilliates her as casually as she can.
-Chapter 130, Tatsumaki has two veins on her forehead while lifting the MA base to the surface. The feat has an outdated calculation that goes from 7-A to Low 6-B at maximum.
-Chapter 133, Tatsumaki shows veins and blood when lifting the giant rocks, despite later Psykos and herself stating that she had been holding back the whole time.
-Chapter 134, Tatsumaki shows veins on her forehead and forearms by twisting Psykorochi. We have already explained how this means nothing, as she uses much more power with an effortless expression later on against Saitama.
-Chapter 176, Tatsumaki is angry and certainly not as casual as when Tatsumaki was damaging the ship, despite Apollo being only 7-A.
-Chapter 178, Tatsumaki shows veins while attacking Saitama, even when she is only considering him as a stepping stone in her way, later on in the fight barely recognizing him. And obviously, not knowing the power he could have withstood. To her, he was just probably a regular hero, so it's highly unlikely she was putting in so much effort into getting rid of him.
-Chapter 178, Tatsumaki shows a vein trying to throw Saitama off, and later on, while exerting herself more, she shows no trace of them.

5- Proposing a new scaling for human Psykos

In chapter 128, Psykos tries to get control over Orochi's body to become more powerful. However, she finds out that Orochi had been hiding his power until then. Psykos considered Orochi to be her main weapon for the war, and way above the cadres, yet she believed in her psychic powers to control him. This should put her serum self on two possible options:

- She is as strong as Orochi, having overpowered and suppressed Orochi. This isn't the High 6-A version of Orochi that scales to 5 exatons, but it is never mentioned that he got weaker after getting his body splattered around. In fact, Psykos seems excited about the possibility of merging with him and does not comment on his new state. Furthermore, Orochi's body had started to consume other beings and grow all over the MA base. Orochi himself only comments on how he's grown super powerful thanks to Psykos' sacrifices offered to him, and he says it's the reason to have managed to resist Psykos' psychic powers.

- The more conservative one. She is stronger than the strongest cadre, who is obviously weaker than Orochi. This means she would scale above the "possibly High 6-C" rating from Gouketsu.

what are you referring to?
- She is as strong as Orochi, having overpowered and suppressed Orochi. This isn't the High 6-A version of Orochi that scales to 5 exatons, but it is never mentioned that he got weaker after getting his body splattered around. In fact, Psykos seems excited about the possibility of merging with him and does not comment on his new state. Furthermore, Orochi's body had started to consume other beings and grow all over the MA base. Orochi himself only comments on how he's grown super powerful thanks to Psykos' sacrifices offered to him, and he says it's the reason to have managed to resist Psykos' psychic powers
This one

Orochi showed no signs of getting weaker.
IMG_0768.webp

IMG_0769.webp

Orochi right before Psykos overpowered him claimed that he grew much stronger after her sacrifices in response to her asking how he got so strong, not making any distinction in strength between his normal form and his heart form.
image0.jpg

Then shouldn’t these 2 be high 6-A as well? I mean this is even after he grew bigger and even has teeth and stuff, can you prove he was weaker here?

I don’t see why you are insisting that Orochi’s little heart thing that was begging for blood is as strong as the full power orochi that caused a planet-quake
Also, we’re shown that genos was able to easily blow up pieces of Orochi in front of king
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

And no, he wasn’t in 10 second mode when he did this.

I don’t see why you are insisting that Orochi’s little heart thing that was begging for blood is as strong as the full power orochi that caused a planet-quake
Also, we’re shown that genos was able to easily blow up pieces of Orochi in front of king
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

And no, he wasn’t in 10 second mode when he did this.
Why are we comparing mini Orochis that are meant to be so spread out that the would be ale to cover the entire Earth, to Orochi's main body?

Why are we comparing mini Orochis that are meant to be so spread out that the would be ale to cover the entire Earth, to Orochi's main body?
Ok then, we’re actually doing this. I actually need to find more proof that Orochi got weaker after being crippled and turned into goo

Ok then, we’re actually doing this. I actually need to find more proof that Orochi got weaker after being crippled and turned into goo
Isn't this pretty self-explanatory? Dude got blasted to heck, turned into a goo.
The burden of proof would lie on the side that believes Goorochi didn't get weaker, because visually speaking we're inclined to see that he did.
Just my 2 cents though.

Isn't this pretty self-explanatory? Dude got blasted to heck, turned into a goo.
The burden of proof would lie on the side that believes Goorochi didn't get weaker, because visually speaking we're inclined to see that he did.
Just my 2 cents though.
Orochi right before Psykos overpowered him claimed that he grew much stronger after her sacrifices in response to her asking how he got so strong, not making any distinction in strength between his normal form and his heart form.

A couple months ago Boros would’ve still been weaker than Orochi and then we would’ve had Orochi’s gremlin ass heart element along with Psykos both being like 100 times stronger than meteoric burst Boros 🗿
In which case I’d actually just kill somebody, but I’m glad we’re past that.

Never really been for Psykos scaling to Tornado when she has a crippling weakness of holding back.

For Orochi scaling I'm not for it. She suppressed his mind with psionics, which doesn't involve AP but rather general mind hax. Scaling to Goketsu is fine though.

Never really been for Psykos scaling to Tornado when she has a crippling weakness of holding back.

For Orochi scaling I'm not for it. She suppressed his mind with psionics, which doesn't involve AP but rather general mind hax. Scaling to Goketsu is fine though.
Agreed on this.

I don't really understand the High 6-C scaling though

Like Gouketsu (and previously Tatsumaki before MA arc) scaled to a High 6-C ship bombardment because Tatsumaki stopped the shells mid air? That doesn't make sense

It's like scaling an esper to Low 7-B because they stop a falling nuke bomb in the air with telekinesis, they just stopped the bomb from impacting the ground and exploding not the explosion.

I don't really understand the High 6-C scaling though

Like Gouketsu (and previously Tatsumaki before MA arc) scaled to a High 6-C ship bombardment because Tatsumaki stopped the shells mid air? That doesn't make sense

It's like scaling an esper to Low 7-B because they stop a falling nuke bomb in the air with telekinesis.
Gouketsu is High 6-C by scaling to the meteor that would destroy Z-City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back