• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manga retconned Garou and Rover's fight. Garou doesn't overpower Rover, and he actually is portrayed to be significantly inferior to Rover. So shouldn't Garou be downgraded to just 7-A or Rover upgraded to "At least 7-A"?

I believe all that was changed was Garou overpowering Overgrown Rover in some profiles. If you want, Ryukama said to simply message him about the recent events and questions.

I got rid of the "At least" from their pages.

Also Rover creates an earthquake in the latest chapter. It'd be cool if someone could get that calculated.

Ryukama said:
Also Rover creates an earthquake in the latest chapter. It'd be cool if someone could get that calculated.
I'm not gonna lie but that earthquake didn't look all that powerful. Though I could be wrong about this

@Thatoneguy

Even a relatively low magnitude earthquake can get into tier 7. Even only using radiated waves (as Rover would use) a magnitude 7+ EQ would be a really good feat for him.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Thatoneguy
Even a relatively low magnitude earthquake can get into tier 7. Even only using radiated waves (as Rover would use) a magnitude 7+ EQ would be a really good feat for him.
As I said I could be wrong though.

Spartan1204 said:
Darkshine's durability is on par with Rover's, he should retain "At least Mountain Level" durability.
Where is this stated?

Assaltwaffle said:
@Thatoneguy
Tell that to Kep. He calced this feat and it only got 8-B

@Ryu

How? If it was a full-blown earthquake it would have to be a very low magnitude to be that weak.

What scale did you use? What calculator did you use? If that scale is synonymous with the Richter scale then a 5.0 is 8-A at minimum.

This is the Mercalli intensity scale, which calculates the destruction (not energy) caused by an earthquake. This earthquake would be a V on that scale. I played around with this calculator until I arrived on an impact energy that could be felt from seven city blocks away while still generating an earthquake considered V on the Mercalli scale.

I then divided the impact energy by 10,000 to get radiated seismic energy, which is what we want.

Yeah, I get the methodology, I was just wondering why you chose that scale instead of using the Richter scale, which would give higher results.

Kepekley23 said:
Actually, my method's final result uses the Richter scale
Does it? I see Richter scale not mentioned at all during the calculation portion. Why would it shift to Richter? Also why would it be lower if it was a magnitude 5 on the Richter scale? That is easily into 8-A.

The impact energy divided by 10,000 is approximately the result on the Richter scale.

See the OBD's explanation on this:

https://www.narutoforums.org/posts/57049818/

They have good blogs on why this method is better than eyeballing a magnitude and hoping for the best like we do for most earthquakes. They also have other methods for stronger earthquakes. The one in Whitebeard's feat is a good example.

I mean Garou tanked a whole lot of Overgrown Rovers attacks and survived Gyro's TK (Unless that gets ret-conned as well) so Garou's Durability would check out. Rovers Durability should be changed to at least 7-A but I'm not too sure on attack potency.

Which leads to the fact that Superalloy in one attack broke Garou's ribs and made him spit out blood. And later on once Garou's reactive starts kicking in he overpowers Superalloy. So Garou would still be at least 7-A but for a completely different reason the Overgrown Rover feat and would be more from scaling his durability and his Superalloy fight

Are we sure Garou's was as strong as Bang and Bomb's put together? At least at that time.

TBH I was kinda surprised why this earthquake yielded so astronomically lower than Yujiro's, since it seemed to be of a far greater magnitude. But that's just me.

Somewhat off topic but for Vaccine Man, for his "Battle Mode" key, should he remain just at "Unknown" since we don't know the extent of it's power? And for attack potency, I'm not sure if it's worth noting he defeated 31 heroes easily (they were between A - C class, and was being considered possibly the most powerful monster up to that point by the HA).

I think he should be straight up At least 7-B

Formatted it to be a bit more readable.

Q: Can Geryuganshoop can really create black holes?

Murata: That would be really powerful, I will not know until I speak to ONE-san.

Murata: Geryuganshoop's ability to manipulate flying object should be above Tatsumaki, that's the setting I think.

Murata: Tatsumaki's psychic output is too great, if she flew rocks like Geryuganshoop, the rocks will evaporate in an instant due to air resistance. Her flying rocks have a speed limit. I think Geryuganshoop has no speed limit, because there is zero air resistance. He is greatest psychokenesis user in the universe after all. That's what I think (he repeats this several times)

T/N: I don't know if Murata meant Geryuganshoop does it in space so there's no air, or that he can create zero resistance conditions.

Spartan1204 So is Geryuganshoop's "no speed limit" projectiles confirmed, or just Murata saying "Well, personally I'd guess he can do that."?

If it is confirmed, would his projectile speed be Relativistic/Light Speed minimum? And what would his attack power be?

Murata's word isn't the 'Word of God' since he says he would need to check with ONE. I think we should take his statements with a grain of salt and not apply them to profiles until they're confirmed.

I'm completely against upgrading a featless character based on some offhand statement as vague and hyperbolic as "there's no limit to his speed".

Someone with expert Japanese transcribed Murata's statement on Geryuganshoop on stream:

Õàêþöƒ, µÁÀÕñûÒü«µû╣ÒüïÒéëÒü«Þ│¬ÕòÅÒüºÒüÖ: Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒü»µ£¼Õ¢ôÒü½ÚçìÕèøÒüºÒâûÒâ®ÒââÒé»ÒâøÒâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆõ¢£ÒéîÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü«Þâ¢ÕèøÒüîÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òüï? ÒéüÒüúÒüíÒéâµ░ùÒü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüØÒüåÒüºÒüÖ. Òéô´¢×Òü®ÒüåÒü¬ÒéôÒüºÒüÖÒüïÒü¡. ÒâûÒâ®ÒââÒé»ÒâøÒâ╝Òâ½õ¢£ÒéîÒüƒÒéëµ£ÇÕ╝ÀÒü¬µ░ùÒüîÒüùÒü¥ÒüÖÒüæÒü®. ÒüØÒüôÒéëÒü©ÒéôÒü»ONEÒüòÒéôÒü½Þü×ÒüäÒüªÒü┐Òü¬ÒüäÒü¿ÒéÅÒüïÒéôÒü¬ÒüäÒüºÒüÖÒü¡. þë®õ¢ôÒéÆÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÞâ¢ÕèøÒü¬ÒéëÒé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡õ╗Ñõ©èÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüïÒü¬. Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒüîÕ┐ÁÕïòÕèøÒüºÕ░Åþƒ│ÒéÆÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüªÒüƒÒüæÒü®, Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡ÒüîÒüéÒéîÒéÆÒéäÒéïÒü¿Õç║ÕèøÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüÖÒüÄÒüªõ©Çþ×¼ÒüºÕ░Åþƒ│ÒüîÞÆ©þÖ║ÒüùÒüíÒéâÒüåÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®, þ®║µ░ùÒü¿Òü«µæ®µôªÒü¿Õ£ºþ©«þå▒Òüº. Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒü»þ®║µ░ùÒü¿Òü«µæ®µôªÒéÆ0Òü½ÒüùÒüªÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒüïÒéë, õ║£ÕàëÚǃÒüºþƒ│ÒüîÚúøÒéôÒüºÒüÅÒéïÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒü¡. ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüåÒüñÒééÒéèÒüºµÅÅÒüäÒüªÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒ. Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡Òü»ÒâçÒââÒé▒Òâ╝ÒééÒü«Òü»ÚúøÒü░ÒüøÒéîÒéïÒüæÒü®, Òé╣ÒâöÒâ╝ÒâëÒü½Òü»ÚÖÉþòîÒüîÒüéÒéïÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒüº. ÒéäÒüúÒü▒ÒéèÕ«çÕ«Öµ£ÇÚ½ÿÒü«ÞÂàÞâ¢ÕèøÞÇàÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒü¡ÒÇéÕƒ╝þÄëÒü»µÖ«ÚÇÜÒü½þƒ│µèòÒüÆÒüªÕïØÒüúÒüíÒéâÒüƒÒééÒéôÒü¡Òé¢ÒéñÒâäÒü½ÒÇéÕƒ╝þÄëÒüïÒéëÒüùÒüƒÒéëõ║£ÕàëÚǃÒüºþƒ│ÒüîÚúøÒéôÒüºÒüìÒüªÒééÒüƒÒüáþƒ│ÒéƵèòÒüÆÒüƒÒüáÒüæÒü½ÒüùÒüïÞªïÒüêÒü¬Òüä, µé¬ÒüäÕåùÞ½çÒüºÒüÖÒéêÒü¡.

Here's a full, more accurate translation:

(Murata reads stream question): Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas: can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

Murata: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all.

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

• The Japanese used here is õ║£ÕàëÚǃ, I looked it up and it means speed that is between 90% and 100% the speed of light. Hope that clarifies everything.

The black hole comment, he's uncertain, but Geryuganshoop being able to eliminate friction and throwing between 90% and 100% the speed of light is certain.

There's way too many different supposed translations.

If this one is accurate, I think FTL upgrade for Saitama, Boros and Garou might be possible. It'd also depend on how the other staff wants to treat this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back